All Comments on 'Sacrifice'

by EightyThousandEightyFive

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
lujon2019lujon2019over 1 year ago

So if I read this right, he wanted to quit his wife wouldnt let him, and now he was murdered on the job?

King_MacAulayKing_MacAulayover 1 year ago

Holy crap. Why do you do that? Do you just want people to start spontaneously crying? I feel heart broken. You suck. I mean, you obviously rock because I had to keep wiping my face, but Jesus this one hurt to read. So yes, absolutely excellent job, but the sadness from this is a lot.

BoxerR100BoxerR100over 1 year ago

Well done. A fantastic piece of writing. Please keep sharing your talent with us.

Thank you .

cordialddcordialddover 1 year ago

He, as many do, yet far too few, he served.

What an excellent portrayal. Thank you.

gentle_touch4ugentle_touch4uover 1 year ago

You are a great writer. Thank you

6yrsofhell6yrsofhellover 1 year ago

Very well written. You painted a powerful picture! Good job!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

God help me. As old and crusty as I am, I'm shedding a tear. Ye Gods! Loved this. Thank you for making my day. I'm still human,,,,,, with feelings.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyover 1 year ago

Well... that's a bummer

Frank66Frank66over 1 year ago

Call me slow, call me dense, but why on earth would you leave this story in such a state of confusion? "Tell me I'm worth saving"- who said that, Cammi or Link?? We're left to ASSUME she pushed him into staying on the job, he got killed, now she's sorry; what and why?? Makes no sense. Was very into it, right up until the end.

groaningbumpgroaningbumpover 1 year ago

Good story, heartbreaking ending. Very well written, thank you.

4bk554bk55over 1 year ago

Very good story. I guess I’m slow, what was the meaning of “I made sure of that.“

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Did I read that right? He lost an eye and he was going back onto the beat? Considering the vigilance needed to be a beat cop, I don't think they would allow a cop to endanger himself and his comrades with a reduced field of vision. Appreciate your creation of a truly sacrificial servant but that bit lost it for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
A few hard men

We will sleep soundly tonight safe due to a thin line of men in uniform standing ready to do violence on our behalf

WesshopWesshopover 1 year ago

Hard to read without tears. Never expected this but glad I took the time to read through it. An outstanding writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm not sure what everybody else read that led them to commenting that it was well written. To be blunt, it was horribly written. Poor flow, lack of cohesion, and generally non-engaging. Sorry, but the story sucked and left me a little unsure exactly what I'd read.

BluEyedBikerBluEyedBikerover 1 year ago

Phenomenal story, please keep writing.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Really, really well written but it simply doesn't belong in this category. It is clearly "non-erotic" despite not many reading those stories. I left it ungraded out of respect for the topic. NG

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm stunned.

So many turns.

So well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A very poignant and heart wrenching story. Why was it in the Loving Wives category? Was the wife fucking around on him, or he fucking around on her? Every story that involves married people is Not a Loving Wives story. This should have been in non-erotic. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This site is supposed to be for sex stories but I see that sometimes someone gets confused.

yhgtbkyhgtbkover 1 year ago

Thank you for such a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm fine, I usually have tears running down my face while I have my morning coffee.

maedhros21maedhros21over 1 year ago

im confused....When did he die ....was the after shooting stuff all in her head? Did he survive the shooting and die of old age?

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 1 year ago

Moving, romantic and beautiful. This is with out a doubt the best story on this website. A true loving wife. 5 stars and a fave@

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Parts of the story were very well done…but other parts were well written AND confusing. It felt like the author was trying very hard to evoke emotions (wasn’t there a dog or a kid that could die in the service of that goal?). So, it felt a bit heavy handed to me. Maybe with a lighter touch the story could have been equally effective in eliciting an emotional response.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

(Small note). If any place else, not as widely read.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Your writing is wrenchingly awesome. Capturing her pain at repeatedly supporting his need to serve is among the finest testaments to linguistic art in my 70+ years of reading. My deepest appreciation for your work.

lc69hunterlc69hunterover 1 year ago

timelines got confusing near the end

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

[Camila leaned against the brick wall and took a pull on her cigarette, savoring a flavor made all the richer from being a vice she so rarely indulged. As she expelled the smoke, she appreciated how the cloud she created obscured the half-moon above; like she personally had a say in how it showed itself to the world. It was incredibly silly, but oddly comforting.]

.

A magnificent opening paragraph!! It begins Camila's character arc in astounding fashion. The rest of the story followed most obligingly. I really liked the dialogue, too. Most of all, you told us an emotional, yet well-grounded story, and you crafted it extremely well! Wow. I liked it, a lot!! 5+++/5!!

KRD19254KRD19254over 1 year ago

This story should not have been in LW, but in non-erotic. It was a hard story to follow with the last page have such bouncing timelines.

\

I'm left unsure when Link died, from what did he die from, or how he died. Confusing but poignant. A flatfoot life's a difficult life. He knew it's a dangerous life so as an orphan he did not want to create a fatherless child - hell of a burden to endure but ultimately it proved him right.

\

4.75*****, Hooyah, Salutes....

patilliepatillieover 1 year ago

I am confused by the last page. Was Link asking his wife to tell him he had done enough good works so that he could quit? And she didnt tell him? So subsquently he continued working until he was killed on the job?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, this was hard to read. Amazing story of sacrifice. We really do need heroes to fight all the evil criminals out there who seem to be multiplying. Thank you for your service, those who are.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

IT'S JUST A WORK OF FICTION!

Why am I crying?

Very moving, thank you.

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 1 year ago

This is such a fantastic story I'm just sorry your other work lacks this level of quality. 5 stars and a fave.

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Very good story, I don’t know how I missed it.

kamdev99008kamdev99008over 1 year ago

Great

No words to appraise the sacrifices the couple gave to society

Hats off

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, I may have missed this before, and I'm glad I didn't this time. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Great but tragic story. But honestly, he woukd never walk the debate again with a prosthetic eye. He woukd be given a desk job or be cashier4d out if he resisted.

Bham487Bham48719 days ago

I’m just confused.

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

A story that begins with a glamorized sexual assault isnnot redeemed by depicting the death of a law enforcement officer who was no longer physically qualified for duty and who happened to be the original sexual assailant. This submission is a melodramatic farce.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous