Sad Son Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Gail defends us, "He never asks for that."

I fire back, "Why do you think that is?" I answer my own question, "We don't have the money. Everyone, raise your hand if you're wearing anything more than two years old."

No arms go up.

Faith asks, "What do we do? I don't like that he got suspended, and the other kid didn't. They have school rules about that. Becky, aren't those state laws?"

Becky has an evil grin, "I think I need to go back to school for a day."

I correct her, "WE, need to go back tomorrow. I'm skipping class. I can watch it tonight on a podcast. Gail, you must have friends there still. I want you to mingle and find out what's going on with Hal."

Emma asks, "Does anybody notice that something's missing?" We all look at her. "Close your eyes and listen."

I close my eyes. I hear all of us breathing. The house is quiet.

Emma asks with closed eyes, "Have you ever noticed how sad his music is? It's never loud. It's soothing. Yet, it's always seemed sad to me. I never asked why he plays sad songs. I think I know why now. He's a musician; he plays what his heart feels."

Tears are streaming down her eyes.

We're all going to be bawling soon if I don't stop this.

With more authority in my voice, "We're going back to school tomorrow. I want answers. I want Hal restored, or we're going to raise holy hell with the school board and up to the state level, if need be, to see that justice is served. I'm going to bed now and probably cry for the next hour. Breakfast at nine and let Hal sleep in. Good night and I love you."

I think we all cried on our way to bed silently and then cried some more for how we treated our little brother. Tomorrow, we get our pound of flesh.

*****

It's about 8 am, and I will start breakfast soon. Becky is already up and on her cell phone. It sounds like she's talking to her friends. She has many friends that work together. Several of them will join the same firm when they graduate. She's already working as an intern. Oooo. She mentioned Cooper, that's her boss.

I'm making French toast and sausage this morning. I left a note on the bathroom door that I would leave some breakfast in the oven to keep it warm. It's not long before I have more help. Soon two are eating while I make more. We all help with the dishes and are out of the house by 9:30.

As we walk up, the bell goes off, ending the first class. Gail is off like a bolt of lightning. The rest of us are on our way to see asshole. Plenty of young men direct us to the office. We all went to school here; we knew exactly where to go.

At showing up at the office, we're all immediately recognized.

Everyone comes running out to greet us. I know everyone here. They've been here for years. After the greetings are over, Mrs. Parker presses the intercom button for an office and says, "Sir. I think I need your help out here. We have an issue."

She looks way too happy to say that.

Under her breath, she says, "Give him hell." She smiles at me then goes back to her desk.

Dickhead seems stunned to see all of us here. I guess he was expecting two students that needed discipline.

On this, Becky is the attack dog, "Shall we discuss our brother Hal in your office?"

At mentioning Hal, the smile left his face. Ha, ha, we're just getting started, asshole. He brings us back and closes the door.

I know with absolute certainty now that Becky will make a fine lawyer. She raked him over the coals. She was brutal. Endorsing harassment, injuries, bullying, and breaking several state laws, just to name a few. All those items are things the state has programs for to help protect the students. She listed every law he broke plus the maximum jail time or fine. Her firm is starting an investigation, pro-bono for us, as a service to the city.

She then demanded that Hal's afternoon be reclassified as a medical necessity and that he WOULD return to classes next week. If he isn't in jail already, the other boy will be kicked from the team, and he, dickface, should write his resignation before they fire his ass.

She then lists the many atrocities, her words, that happened under his watch. Then she berated him for being in his position and letting those things happen to another human being.

We are mad as hell for what happened to Hal. I had no idea those things happened. I also didn't know that she couldn't sleep last night. Becky woke up Hal at 4 AM and interrogated the sleepy witness, who answered every question.

*****

Simultaneously, Gail's point of view:

I run up to Michelle and touch her shoulder. She turns around and is surprised to see me. She leaps into my arms and hugs me hard.

Michelle is happy as she says, "It's SOOOO good to see you again."

I have her sit down with me at the bench. I have no smile now, and she's immediately defensive-looking.

I asked her point-blank, "Yesterday my brother was assaulted, his eye was swollen shut, and we had to have an x-ray to make sure no further damage was done." I have tears in my eyes, "He could have lost sight in his eye. What the HELL is going on around here? How could you let this happen to MY brother? Have you forgotten what your freshman year was like until I stepped in? You repay me by letting my brother get beat up. Some friend you turned out to be."

I can tell I got to her. She looks to be on the verge of tears. Good.

I go in for the kill, "He's a beautiful guitar player. Yet, he only plays sad-sounding songs because that's all he knows is sadness since our parents died."

She hugs me and cries on my shoulders. I admit, I manipulated her emotions. I also feel terrific about myself right now. Fuck her for not doing much.

Michelle tries to defend herself, "You don't understand. His clothes are too small, faded, and out of style. It looks like you used a bowl to cut his hair." We do. "He has no confidence. He doesn't fit in with any group. Nobody wants him around. He can't talk to a girl. He stutters and trips over his tongue. He's awkward. Several of us hold the line at hitting him. We stop the guys when they do that."

I inquire, "Stop? As in they were punching him more than once?"

She can't look at me, "Yes. I and several others have stepped in. For the most part, that has stopped."

My anger flares, "An ER visit last night does not agree with your statement. They stole his lunch money and homework yesterday. They pushed him around some. Because he can't get lunch, he goes to the library to cry, and he gets assaulted there by a fucking jock that didn't even get detention. At the same time, my brother was suspended for a week."

Michelle looks up, "They can do anything they want. They touch us."

We are way past the start of the next class. A security guard has a bee line for us.

I use a stern voice like Becky taught me, "Excuse me! I am interviewing a witness. Leave us alone!"

He spun around on his heels and walked right back the way he came.

Michelle giggles, "Wow, you sure have changed."

I am as sad as I have ever been as I bear my soul to Michelle, "In many ways, I've been as bad if not worse than you in the way I treat my brother. A lot came to light last night. I have some questions for you. What's are his friend's name?"

Michelle asks, "He has a friend?"

I'm glum as I ask, "I bet I know the answer, but ... Who was his last girlfriend? Where does he go on Friday nights? What food does he like?"

She answers, "There is no doubt he's a virgin, he's never been to a party, school event, or anywhere else I have been on a Friday night. I think it's safe to say he stays home. He loves Italian food. Even the shit they serve here, he has the biggest smile when they attempt anything that resembles Italian. That might be because everything else is so bad, which isn't terrible. Personally, I bring a lunch every day. I only need a yogurt."

I feel horrible, but I ask, "Is there anything you can do to help him?"

Michelle looks at me, "If you're asking if I will pity date or fuck him, no. If he ever found out, it would crush him. I won't do that. I don't think you understand, it's the entire school. Ok, yes, most people are decent enough; they ignore him. He's got nothing to protect him with no friend, no group he hangs with. There's no reason for people to like him."

I see a twinkle in her eye, "How good is he on a guitar?"

I reply with fascination, "I really can't say. Most of the stuff he plays has a ton of emotion, and it's sad. However, when a new song comes out, with a great solo, he works at it until he can play it like they do on the radio. Some of the stuff I heard was insane. I think he has talent. However, the band doesn't do anything like that. He's mostly filler."

Michelle is smiling; she knows something, "There is a jazz band now. They play new and old stuff. Not just jazz, either. What if they wanted to play a song with an insanely hard solo that the current player can't do? Your brother steps in and plays it. They play in front of the entire school at the next pep rally. That's homecoming. It might change some opinions. My dad is the conductor of the jazz band. He would probably need to try out for him to prove that he can play the part."

I smile for the first time in a while, "Talk to your dad. HEY! Look, all my sisters are walking towards us with huge smiles. I think you'll see Hal on Monday, and you will have a new Principal soon."

I hug Michelle, "Thank you for the information and talking to your dad. I have to go home and figure out how I make up for the last eight years."

Andrea says, "Let's go out to eat lunch as my sisters walk up. We have a lot to discuss. Gail, did you get what you want?"

I smile, "I got answers and a partial solution. We will discuss more at lunch. Sonny's?"

They all say, "Agreed."

*****

At Sonny's, it's early. Not much of a crowd yet. Nobody is happy. Becky explains what happened with the asshole. I give them the entire story, good and bad, about Hal that I learned from Michelle.

Casey says, "We need to set a budget and trim our spending. We're spending too much on us and not enough on him. We need to be smart until Andrea, Becky, and I graduate and start earning money. He needs a real haircut, clothes, and a real guitar for Christmas.

"With seven of us, we don't need to cut much to make enough difference. We can do the haircut now. Just fifteen dollars each is all it takes. We will have enough money to buy clothes in just a few months. I am fine with clothes. I bet I can go a few months without buying anything; that will speed us along."

Andrea has the next item, "We need to get him laid."

All of us shout, "What?"

Several employees look at us weirdly.

She continues, "Gail said it repeatedly, afraid to talk to women, awkward around women, and no confidence. What gives a man more confidence than fucking a woman? Am I right?"

Andrea uses just a whisper to say, "We need to teach him about a woman's body, how to talk to a woman, and how to be comfortable around a woman. We need to push the line to help him. I'm not saying we fuck him. He might see a breast or nipple, some thigh. We kiss and sunbathe with him more. While facedown and topless, we talk to him to help him get over the awkwardness.

"We talk about sex with him to the point; it's no big deal. If he can handle all that, with as good looking as we are, he should be able to get a woman. However, if he crosses any lines, he's done and out of here."

Faith asks, "What if we cross a line?"

We all shout, "FAITH!"

They don't even look anymore.

She's blushing as she says, "It's been a long time for me. He's not a bad-looking guy. He's always been a gentleman with us. With all the naked, beautiful women around the house, has he ever walked in on us? Don't you find that remarkable with a hormone-induced young man around the house, and not once has he 'accidentally' walked in on us naked? I don't have a friend with a brother that hasn't had that happen several times.

"Right now? No. However, as we increase the pressure on him, it might also affect us. I want to leave that door open for us. I don't worry about him. He will never force, coerce, or take advantage of us even in a drunken state that we are known to have returned home in a time or three."

Surprisingly, Andrea says, "OK, for us, it's allowed. I agree; I don't see it happening. I want him to find his own dates. As you said, though, it's been a while, and we would be his world's safest date. I'd rather none of us do, but if you do, let the rest of us know."

My curiosity is peaked, "Why?"

With the cutest little girl's voice, Andres uncharacteristically says, "I want all the steamy details. If he's good, I might need to be bad."

We all laugh hysterically.

I ask our waitress, "I need an order of spaghetti, meatballs, and Italian sausage to go, please. Oh, some garlic bread as well."

They all look at me, "I guess I forgot to tell you, Michelle thinks that Hal likes Italian. We shall find out."

*****

We walk inside the house, and Hal is watching TV. He looks sad. Pretty sure he was going to bolt for his room. We form a line to prevent that, he sits down. I set the food in the plastic bag on the table as we all sit down. I can see him sniffing the air.

He asks us, "Where did you go for lunch?"

Casey teases him, "Out."

While he is sniffing, Becky explains to Hal, "Yesterday and today, you were off school for medical reasons."

He cuts her off, "They suspended me!"

Becky doesn't like being interrupted, "No, we all went to school today." Now he looks like a scared puppy. "Your old principal resigned today. My company and the state are investigating your treatment at the school. Things are going to change there and here at home."

I add, "Michelle was a good friend of mine. We had a long chat. We now understand what school has been like for you. We can't make people like you, but we can make it more bearable. Michelle felt terrible. Not bad enough to have a pity boyfriend or sleep with you, but she will be friendlier. That should help. What do you think of the jazz band? Is that something you want to try?"

Not as enthusiastic as I hoped, "Sure. However, the guy in charge is an asshole. He never even let me tryout."

I laugh, "Well, that asshole is Michelle's father. If given a chance to audition, take it and run ... if you want. Oh, I forgot to mention ... we brought you home some lunch. Eat, then we're taking you out to get your hair cut."

After taking the lid off, his eyes bloom in surprise. His hand is going towards the pasta as if he were going to use his hand.

We all scream, "NO!"

His hand pulls back. He's looking at us.

Andrea used her mother's voice, "GO GET a fork and knife."

Thirty minutes later, we're all going to a hair salon. Five minutes later, we are now on our way to a barber. None of us knew.

*****

Michelle's point of view:

I yell, "MOM," as I walk through the front door to our home.

"Yes, honey. I'm in the kitchen," my mother yells back.

She's doing the dishes as I grab water from the fridge.

I state, "Mom, I need your help." I have her complete attention. I don't go to my stepmom often. "I'm going to ask dad a favor tonight. I want you to help me convince him."

Mom is intrigued, "Your father loves you very much; you don't need me."

I am soft with my voice, "It's to help a student at school."

She slyly asks with a smirk, "A boy?"

I flush and answer, "Yes, but he's a dork. You know I'm dating Dave."

The mother is confused; her bitchy, selfish stepdaughter is helping someone other than herself? Has she finally grown up and seen the light?

Frustrated, I continue, "He's a dork. As big as they come. Today, his sisters came to school. She reminded me of my first year until she stood up to everyone and befriended me. That day changed my life. I'm just paying her back."

Twenty minutes later, my mom is in tears as I recount everything I know.

Mom's question is simple, "How can I help."

I smile for the first time all day, "Tonight, I will ask dad to give him a tryout. He plays guitar. His sister says he can play any solo. For homecoming, he will be in front of the school. The problem is that dad is just as bad as everyone else at school. He wouldn't even let Hal tryout before."

Mom is smoldering, "I was Hal in high school." I gasp. "Your father will put him in the jazz band no matter how bad he is. I know you're dating Dave, but what's Hal like?"

I am honest, "Not sure. I never bothered to pay attention. He's sad and shy. I gather that a lot of it started when his parents were killed in a plane crash while returning from a vacation. Since then, his seven older sisters have worn him down. She didn't say that in so many words, but I can't imagine with seven sisters ruling the house that he wins much."

Mom says, "I will help you. That concert is a few weeks off. Will he survive? If that boy doesn't play, and they lose, Hal is in for a whole new level of pain ... unless someone clears a path ... with her friends."

What do I do? How far do I stick out my neck? Is he worth it? Gail, yes, easy, she was worth everything to me. Not Hal. I don't owe her anything. I'm helping with dad, that's enough. He needs to grow a backbone, or people will walk all over him forever.

I reply, "Let's see what he does. I won't be around forever to help the loser."

Mom laughs at me, "How little you know. He's a musician, right?" I say yes. "They're late bloomers. They're also better lovers, more emotional, more sensual. Plus, with seven sisters, they will work on his confidence. In a month, I'm willing to bet nobody will match his skills in bed."

I scream, "GROSS! He isn't that kind of boy. He's too shy. That's illegal. One of them is almost a lawyer."

Mom continues laughing, "Oh my, you're still a little girl trying to be a woman. You can have all the sex you want; you're still a girl until you're in love. That changes everything you know. How else can you explain a man like your father ending up with a woman as good-looking as me? He's a master in the bedroom."

I yell, "TOO MUCH INFO! NO! I don't want to hear it."

Mom continues, "Two or three orgasms a night just from oral."

I scream, "STOP! That's my DAD!"

Mom is almost falling over laughing, "His cock goes up into me, filing me like ...."

I cover my ears and scream to drown her out, running up to my room. Too much of what she said was true. Sex has been very unsatisfying. How will Hal get so good?

*****

Mom has just placed a chicken and dumpling slow cooker casserole on the table.

As dad is filling my bowl, I try to stay strong and get what I want, "Did you hear about the news at school today?"

Dad mumbles, "That kid ended our season before we even started. Then his family hires a lawyer, the school board pisses itself, and our principal resigns under protest."

I am shocked when mom adds, "Oh honey, you missed a lot. Did you know how bad the school has been humiliating that child? Can you believe that with all the so-called lip service about zero tolerance against bullying, he got hit daily, they stole from him, and even the teachers treated him with disrespect. Also, it wasn't the school board; it was the state board. They're investigating everything. Are you going to lose your job?"

Dad is nervous, "What? Me? No. I barely know the boy."

Time for me to rake him over the coals, "Funny, his sister said you wouldn't even allow him to tryout. She seems to think he can play any solo."

Dad laughs, "I doubt that dufus can even play a scale."

I win, "Fine, at lunch tomorrow, have a guitar and music ready in the music room. Let's see what Hal can do."

Dad smugly says, "Fine."

*****

Hal's point of View:

Monday, lunch time at school.

I am at the end of the line, waiting to buy lunch. I see someone come towards me quickly, I flinch, yet no fist comes my way. Today sure has been strange. The football players still pushed me around a bunch, but nobody has hit me.