Sadie Outlaw Ep. 008: DOC'S HOLIDAY

Story Info
"I better get me a lollipop for this Doctor's visit! Whiskey flavored!"
6k words
4.81
3.6k
2
2
Story does not have any tags

Part 8 of the 9 part series

Updated 09/14/2022
Created 02/10/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,874 Followers

Three miles out in the West Texas hills was a natural surprisingly well stocked pond. A nice getaway with a peaceful serenity about the area. Well shaded by a grove of trees yet surrounded by cactus less than a quarter mile in all directions. This might be referred to as an oasis if it had trees with fruit on them. Lacking in edible items unless you enjoyed leaves and blossoms, they at least had a restful vibe to them in the harsh desert landscape. The pond was called Fisher's Tub. Physician Mayfair Hollister was on holiday, claiming three days all to his lonesome to get away from the petty coughs of Sugar Plum's imaginary ills.

Dr. Hollister was a man in his 60's with a Colonel Sanders vibe going on. Silver hair shoulder length with a goatee and a narrow pointy moustache. Eyesight waning, he wore spectacles he designed himself to see better. A rather short fellow at 5'5, 130 pounds he kept as fit as his age allowed him. Top hat resting on a rock, white shirt with grey trousers held up by suspenders he had his shoes off for comfort. Hearing a horse, he did however draw a shiny new Colt.45 from a holster at his side. Resting his fishing pole with another rock on it he stood up and moved behind a tree until he knew who his company was. His horse named Snake Oil rested in the shade two trees away. Reacting to the rider Snake Oil whinnied as Hollister winced and calmed his steed with soft whispers. Once his vision allowed him to recognize the rider, he carefully lowered his pistol's hammer.

"Brutus Kinkaid?" Hardly fearing the man Mayfair dropped his arm to his hip. "Over here Kinkaid! Here to rob me of my string of fish?"

"No Sir!" Brutus respected his elder. "Sorry to bother you on yer vacation. Need you in town, Sheriff Barrett got shot right about here. Single bullet!" He pointed to a location on his chest. "Bleedin' bad!"

"Figures! Let me put my shoes on and grab my things." Meaning his hat and coat. The rest could sit idle until he could venture back. "How long has he been down?" A swift collection he untethered Snake Oil and climbed upon his steed.

"Took me maybe twenty minutes to get out here. Another fifteen before I left town. He gonna make it Mayfair?"

"Hard to say. Tom is a strong lad. Lead the way I'll keep up. Is Tom at his home?"

"No Sir! Layin' in the street but in comfort. The new gal in town said not to move him. Could make things worse she said."

"New gal? Is she a looker?"

"You gotta see her Mayfair. What she wears alone is worth a peek see. Tough gal too. She beat Dooley Finn in arm wrestlin' and threw my knife dead on into a pole. Ashamed to say, I couldn't even pull it back out, she did."

"Intriguing! Who is she?" They kicked their horses into high gear in hopes to get back to town in time.

"A bounty hunter I'm guessin' she brought in the six fellas in the Dillsby Gang yesterday. Today she caught a stick of dynamite and bit off the fuse. The gal is loco." No loco than Brutus himself whipping a stick of dynamite at a gunman on horseback. For a butcher of livestock Brutus was handy.

"Indeed! When we get to town run up to my office and grab my black bag."

"Yes Sir! Anythin' else?"

"I keep everything I need in my medicinal case. Antiseptics and tools of the trade."

"I'll do the fetchin'!"

Paradise was left behind. A big fish bit Mayfair's lure and yanked the pole out into the pond. Story of his life.

********

"Careful Miss L'Amour."

"You jus' shade us, Mort. I got this." Sadie Outlaw, aka L'Amour, warned the town tailor Mortimer Cromwell, his hands shaking for Sadie. She could tell by the shadow of the umbrella trembling on the ground. It was rather distracting, but again so was Sadie's butt crack rising up over her constrictive black leggings. There were more men behind her than in front for a certain. She didn't have time to be flattered with Sheriff Tom Barrett at her mercy. Biting down on a pair of scissors Tom was handling Sadie's careful cuts with Ira Grennen's pocketknife. Still, the baritone hisses Tom was exhausting was met with gross expressions, her entourage squeamish at the blood flow.

"Everyone got my backside?" She growled mid concentration. All nods, of course, gentlemen to the bitter end. Her end that is. They were all trying to read her tiny tattoo that read, "Thank you for Your Service." Those that did decipher it had no clue what it meant. Shrugs were met with drooling mouths, chins wiped time and time again. "Alright, nurses... Dr. L'Amour is ready to go diggin' in. I might need those scissors back now Tom. Anyone back there got a replacement bite down?"

Saloon owner Alfred DuPont removed a tin drinking flask from his vest and uncorked it first, took a swig then resealed it before letting Tom Barrett use it as a clamp down. A glance up at it Sadie winced, "That there flask sure looks like my old tin that was left down to me by my great gramps, Jessup. Can't see the front of it for markings but I swear it's the same tin only newer without the age mine has. You seein' that Tilly?"

"I see what you do Sadie. You must save Tom Barrett; his death should not be until 1891. He lives to see his son William have his own first-born child in Houston."

"Tom ever go and get married?"

"Yes. Shortly after Mortimer Cromwell exposes himself to Clara Beth Jenkins... Tom proposes."

"Well hell! I was hopin' to bed down Barrett before I left Sugar Plum. Healed up or not."

"That is not advisable."

"Yeah! Yeah! You do yer thing, I'll do mine. I'm goin' in for that slug." Sadie controls her fear and hesitance and just enters the incision an relies on her keen eyesight to use her fingers to widen the wound in order to locate the bullet. The scissors were not the finest instrument she could use but until Doc Hollister made it back, she had to use what was at her disposal. "Keep those coals burnin' Alfie. I'll need the fire to cauterize Tom's wound seein' as I don't have any stitchin'."

"You do Miss L'Amour." The tailor spoke back up. "I always carry a needle and thread on me."

"Good man Mort. Break that there needle out and thread the eye good. Alfie there can warm the needle. Try'n not burn through the thread Alfred."

"Aye!" Alfred was relaxing his attitude toward Sadie seeing how in control she was. Hardly used to any other woman besides Millie concerning bossiness he was usually the aggressor. He did however admire a positive, confident attitude once it was established.

"I think I have the bullet if I can jus' hold on to it. These scissors are meant for cuttin' not clampin' down on solid things. I might have to reach in with my nails and drag it out. Get me plenty of clothe torn up to bandage his wounds. Belts even... unless you fellas back there are afraid yer trousers with hit the dirt." She mused under stress. "I can use those belts and suspenders to hold the material to Tom's chest." A magnificent chest it was now that his shirt was opened to give her room to work. Just eying his musculature Sadie was getting wet between her thighs. Nothing new! "Mind out of one gutter, finger's need to be in Tom, not my twat." Tilly sighed at Sadie's obscure timing. "Hey! Blame those Manites!" Nanites! But they did make her man hungry.

"Concentrate please." Tilly insisted.

"I'm tryin'! You can't tell me you didn't get all worked up when Brandon stopped by."

"That was different Sadie. I... can we change the subject? In my paralysis I cannot... touch myself. Nor feel those urges. My thoughts are all I have to enjoy."

"Shit! I'm sorry Till. I didn't even think about that."

"I manage. Don't think I still ignore porn. It at least settles my nerves and fulfills my mental need."

"Well, as ya know I got no porn here in 1876 so I gots to make my own. Changin' history or not. You can't tell me you didn't change nothin' when you came back."

"You're right. I did. However, I was more careful about it. And I was only in 1876 for a month before my fall. Corona Wabash got me out of a hospital in El Paso a week later. I stationed myself there to wait on Jessup."

"I think I have the bullet it wiggled a bit. There's so much blood it's hard to hold on to."

"Be delicate! One wrong move could kill him."

"Don't remind me. My tits are shakin' as it is." Not really! Her cleavage was bursting however, which explained why all of her male admirers had moved from behind her to the front. She knew but had no time to acknowledge them, her brow sweating more bullets than the one in Tom's chest cavity. "Dammit!" She cursed, the gentlemen coyly diverting their attention presuming she was offended by their lustful gazes. "I can't get a good grip on it. Wish I had me a magnet."

"That would not help. Bullets are ferromagnetic because of being lead and copper."

"Right! Graspin' for straws Tilly. I need real grips not pointy clothe snips and fat fingertips. Wait! Mort? You know where the Doc's office is... break in and grab his medical tools. Let's hope he didn't take those fishin' with him."

"What if the door is locked?"

"Fuck! Alfred... go with him. You're an ox you can bust a door down."

"Aye Lass!" Alfred jumped to his feet and left the needle on the bedding at Tom's hip. Running through the streets and up a wooden staircase they came to Mayfair Hollister's office and home. Three body thrusts into the locked door Alfred let Mortimer in. Spotting Hollister's medical bag he opened it and found multiple tools. The two men returned post haste. As they did, they noticed a buckboard coming up the street.

"Miss Jenkins is here Miss L'Amour." Kerwin Belcher the local telegraph operator who had been on lunch pointed it out to Sadie.

"Good! She can hold Tom's hand to keep him with us." She noted Tom ready to pass out.

Pulling up with Father Rodrigo he helped Clara Beth to the street. Running up to Sadie she was bawling her eyes out. Mortimer resting Hollister's medical bag next to Sadie knelt and opened it up, hoping to help.

"Tom? I'm here!" Clara Beth gripped his left hand. "Are you a doctor?" She swiftly turned her attention on Sadie.

"Nope! Am now! It's either I do this, or Tom dies. Help me out here Clara Beth."

"You know my name?"

"Heard it." Tilly! "Keep dabbing the blood for me so I can see what I'm doing." Mortimer shows her a surgical tool he thought would do the trick. Nodding she accepted it with bloody fingertips and looked it over. "Tom? I need yer flask there to pour whiskey on the tool here to sanitize it." She hadn't thought of that in her hurry with the scissors praying she hadn't harmed Tom even more.

"He's so pale." Clara Beth whimpered, "Please don't leave me Tom."

"W-where's Willy?" He managed to mumble.

"At the school still. Edward and Dorieann are watching over everyone. We tied those men up good in the barn until you could... until Ira could come get them. We have guns trained on them."

"Eddie with a gun is scary." Sadie sighed. Taking the flask from his lips Mortimer uncorked it and poured good whiskey over the surgical tool. Once disinfected she returned to the wound after Clara Beth dabbed the blood from her obstruction. So much pouring out though it filled right back up around Sadie's fingers.

"Brutus went after Doc Hollister, Clara Beth." Mortimer told her. "They should be here soon. Doc went fishing."

With the Butler Gang member Jubal now locked up with the Dillsby's and his partners Porky, and Remis, Deputy Ira Grennen and Shaunesy Finn returned to check on their leadership. "How's Tom?" Ira limped up, his leg wrapped in clothe and his own belt. Clara peered up at Ira with teary eyes which made Ira swallow dryly. Fear of death was in the air.

Shaunesy spotted Sadie's horse Tarnation strutting about as if a nervous father waiting on childbirth. Wincing he opted to try and collect the horse and found Tarnation warning him away with an Angel of Death stare. Backing off Shaunesy sighed, "Nay! I'll be lettin' Sadie be dealin' with ye." A good idea!

"I have the bullet." Sadie promoted her grip with Doc Hollister's forceps. "Nobody breath!" She warned everyone as she performed her surgery. "I never was any good at that game Operation. Don't you dare make a buzzin' sound Tilly."

"I would never at a time like this." Came the voice in Sadie's head. "You are doing wonderfully Sadie."

"Thanks! I jus' hope this is enough." She wiggled the bullet gently to dislodge it from the muscle tissue. "Umbrella's down boys. I need more light." Shadows abandoning them she had her culprit near the skin. A second later the bullet was pulled free and cast aside. "Dab!" Clara compressed the opened wound. "Got that needle heated up Alfie?"

"Aye!" He carefully reached over Clara with it to hand it to Sadie. With no time to use the stronger thread in Hollister's bag she motioned Clara Beth to ease back and let her sew up his wound. Luckily, Sadie's mother Mary had taught her how to sew. "Dab again!" Done! The two women worked closely together as the menfolk began removing belts and tearing cloth from a clean shirt belonging to Kerwin. He was still wearing a white wife beater style undershirt. Clara Beth blushed at seeing his skin. With all of the minor disrobing around her Clara found herself unexpectedly... horny. Still a virgin even at 25 she only had her fantasies, mostly of Tom but unspoken. The older she was getting the more she liked to subject her eyes. Shivering off her hormones, now not the time, she caressed Tom's cheek with a cool compress from the water bucket.

"Almost done Tom! Yer one tough patient stayin' awake through surgery." Sadie smiled, "Me? I'd have passed out at a stubbed toe. Jus' kiddin'!" Alfred reclaimed his flask and offered Tom a sip. "Why didn't we get Tom there drunk to relax him before this? What kind of barkeep are ya Alfred?" That made the burly man laugh. Tom choking on his drink winked at Clara Beth. "Do I see a sparkle in you two?" Sadie smiled at Clara Beth.

"His late wife was my sister." Clara Beth made excuses for her own feelings. "WE are very close." Not close enough, Tom liked her too but every time he considered more, he saw Clara's sister. Love kept him blind unto death.

"Ah!" Tilly had already informed her of that, but Sadie could never let on she knew already, or it would create questions. There were already far too many curious folks wondering over her stunts of late. "Sorry to hear that."

"She died giving birth to William." She pouted at Tom but held his hand firmly. "Of course, it is my duty to look after them for her. She would have done the same if I had been married and had children."

"I'm sure she's smilin' down on ya Clara B."

"I hope so."

"Here's the Doc." Kerwin acknowledge feeling a chill with no shirt on, but he quickly put his coat back on over his tank so as not to look so... violated. He was a tender soul. With things looking brighter as Sadie finished stitching up Tom, Mayfair Hollister climbed down from his horse. Seeing his bag, he huffed.

"Who gave you permission to invade my office?"

"I did!" Sadie lifted a bloody hand up and flipped him the bird. He had no idea what the motion meant so she was safe in that respect. "Had no choice! You weren't here to get the job done. I wasn't lettin' Tom die." She stood up to stretch, all eyes lowering to her leggings to enjoy her shapeliness. "You can look over my work. I did my best."

Clearing his throat at her attire Mayfair knelt down to examine her incision and sewn up work. Digging into his bag for clean bandages he covered the thread, the needle still hanging over Tom's chest like a neckless. Using the tailoring scissors to snip it Mayfair handed the needle, thread, and bloody scissors up to Mortimer using his hanky. Looking about at the supplies including water bucket and burning coals Mayfair nodded his appreciation for a relatively decent job. Checking Tom's pulse for a strong heartbeat then a primitive looking stethoscope around the Sheriff's lungs he sighed.

"Maybe you should take my place once I retire... Miss L'Amour, was it?" Mayfair motioned in umbrellas again, he was getting overheated as much as his patient. "Let's get Tom out of this street and into a soft bed." The cell bunk mattress was pretty thin even with bedrolls on it.

"Where might that be that don't require stairs?" Sadie looked around.

"Can't use the jail Tom already has the only bunk mat under him." Deputy Grennen sighed, "Covered in blood at that."

"Brutus?" Mayfair called up as Mortimer assisted him in standing. " Are you up to hauling Tom upstairs to my office? He can rest in my bed. I can sleep in my comfy chair for the night and oversee his evening."

"I can do that." Brutus was the only man large enough to carry Tom. With an assist by Alfred the only other burly of the bunch they carefully lifted Tom up on the bunk mattress and shared in the responsibility. Father Rodrigo stood with Clara Beth and told her that she could stay if she liked that he would watch over their flock. Thanking him she accepted Dr. Hollister's hooked arm to join them at his office.

Deputy Grennen pulled Kerwin aside and passed him a note, "Here Kerwin! The Dillsby's did us a favor and backed us up with these polecats. Least I can do is get a note to their momma in Dallas."

"You sure that's a good idea Ira?" Sadie overheard him and stepped up after washing her hands in the water bucket. "You said yerself you had a hunch it was a trick."

"You saw firsthand Miss L'Amour how Sam Dillsby helped ya. Handed a gun to ya even from the cell. Deserves at least a telegraph don't ya think?"

"I reckon so." She looked at Kerwin's chest then her own. "Durn it! I ruined Eddie's shirt. At least my pants ain't all red. Might of looked like I went on my period." No more of those thanks to her nanites. That however did gross the men out. "I'm gonna go up to Eddie's and change out of this mess. I'll be back down in a few."

"What about ye'er horse, Lass?" Shaunesy Finn nodded at Tarnation still pacing about as if thinking. "I started to grab him, but I swear he looked at me as if ready to run me down."

"At least he's not mounting any Hail MarE. I got this Shaun. Why don't you and I help Ira there after I change and ride out with Father Rod to get those Butler boys."

"Butler?" Ira winced, "That their names?" Ira motioned Kerwin to go on back to work and get that telegraph sent out to Mother Dillsby.

"Redmont Butler is the leader. I'd kinda like to interrogate..." She realized the word went over Ira's head, "... question them over what they were tryin' to do."

"That Remis fella said they was tryin' to free the Dillsby's but they don't seem to know one another."

"Like yer gut, mine is tellin' me that was a trick on Butler's part. Bettin' they're after the bank money that's out there hidden. Listen Ira, I told Cyrus O'Malley I'd go huntin' for the money. I know ya won't like it, but I'd like to spring one of the Dillsby boys to go fetch it. They all know where it's at but alone I think I can persuade one of 'em to talk."

"How you gonna do that?"

"Drag 'em out by their toes. First mile I bet they're beggin' to walk on their hands."

"Yer an evil one L'Amour."

"Can be!" She winked. "Shaun? Ride on back with Rodrigo and get those Butler's loaded in the wagon there."

"Where ya proposin' to lock 'em up at? Our jail cell is full to the point they're inhalin' bars."

"Good point! Shaun? Is there a free stall at the stable we can tie those boys up in? Maybe Tarnation's stall?"

"You sure you wanna do that Lass? Ye'er horse might trample 'em!"

"I'll worry about that. You just go toss 'em in the buckboard. Let's get those bastards away from children."

"Thank ya for the help Miss L'Amour."

"I told ya, Ira. I'm here to help jus' let me be me."

"Yes'm!"

With the townsfolk helping out they took the remaining necessities out of the street. Bed rolls luckily soaked up much of the blood. Alfred returning with the bloody bunk mattress after Tom Barrett was transferred to the Doc's bed chamber helped Ira carry it back to the jail. A simple turning the mattress over they tossed it back into the cell. Perfect timing, Sam Dillsby needed a nap. It was spitting room only. With so many prisoners' Ira just brought in his own bucket and sat it in front of the bars. His way of saying, "Piss off!" He had to get off of his leg, he still had a bullet, but it wasn't too deep or any danger. With Tom the big worry Ira was showing his own strength. Of course, an hour later he passed out at his desk.

SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,874 Followers
12