All Comments on 'Sadness in the Eyes - Pt. 01'

by secretsauce65

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Where is the rest?

hamdhamdover 1 year ago

waiting for the next chapter..enjoyed

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereover 1 year ago

Good story. Can't wait to see the next part!

bigbob2406bigbob2406over 1 year ago

This definitely deserves a chapter 2 please.

G5902G5902over 1 year ago

Oh Please hurry with the next chapter!!! This is excellent!!!

uk_writer_53uk_writer_53over 1 year ago

First story... I hope there are many more to come if they are as well written as that one. Well done 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

ok...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

ok!...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

very nice...

hornier_bastardhornier_bastardover 1 year ago

I'm not sure how to feel about this one... it's well written, but I don't (currently) see this as a romance. It probably will become one, but it isn't yet.

des911des911over 1 year ago

Nicely done. Two damaged people who just might find salvation with each other. Well written, nicely paced, good characters. Thank you. I'm looking forward to the next part

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well... That was okay, I didn't hate it but didn't love it. MC seems incredibly whiney for being such a wanker. Yeah, his mom was shit but he should have read at least one of the letters she sent him. At 36 the MC is sobbing over his mother's death but also hates her so much he never wanted anything to do with her EVER. You'd think he'd have grown up a bit. Also don't really care about Katie at all. 3* maybe more later.

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Good emotion around the mother, otherwise feels like a thinly disguised mental illness, Lousy ending point after 4 pages....

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wishing you had given us a bit more, please continue soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done. Much showing rather than telling. Good pace. Looking forward to future installments.

HOG57headHOG57headover 1 year ago

I can see this being a romance i also tend to categorize stories as to what they will be in the long run. I see this going a couple of ways whether you want a happy ending or a sad ending. Keep up the good work. A great start to a story

MadMizeMadMizeover 1 year ago

I like it a lot. Looking forward to more of the story.

Bubbahead69Bubbahead69over 1 year ago

I personally this this has started out very good! I can't wait until the 2nd part!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sammy doesn't realize it yet, but Katie his his wife, and mother of his children. His mother talked about how good he was, and raised Katie to be like him. Too bad she didn't raise her own baby the same way...

blue_pencilblue_pencilover 1 year ago

Looking forward to Part 2

Davester37Davester37over 1 year ago

Congratulations on your first Lit. story. I enjoyed it very much and I’m looking forward to reading more of your work. These characters are interesting, well-developed, and likable. I find myself rooting for them. Your editing appears flawless to this reader.

Thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work.

arrowglassarrowglassover 1 year ago
Good yarn!!!!

Anxious for more!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I was Sammy in my earlier life and I ended up ok. I went from leaving a difficult family as soon as I could. I did not go to school right away. Rather, I spent four years living outdoors (i.e. I consciously chose to be homeless). I was a smart kid and at some point I decided to go to school. When all is said and done I ended up with two undergraduate degrees and then a doctorate degree. The primary players in my dysfunctional early family, for the most part, are still alive but in their 80's and 90's. I few years ago I did what Sammy never got the chance to do. I discussed everything with them and heard their part and received their acknowledgement that they did not know what they were doing and that they are sorry for they way they lived. One sad note is that I am the oldest of four. I dropped out of high school after 11th grade and then left home. I protected my younger siblings the best I could, but there came a time where if I did not leave I would likely have not made it. Two of my siblings have been involved in drugs and alcohol and mental illness for decades. However, they do seem to be getting a lot healthier the last few years. The third sibling stayed in an abusive relationship for over 20 years. I helped her escape, literally helping her leave while he was away. It was heavy. So, I love your story because the people in it have seen and experienced things they did not deserve to have inflicted upon them and they seem positive, fearful and growth oriented. I think Katie also has something meaningful to reveal. I applaud you being able to describe these intricate and painful events with detail and, more importantly, from my perspective, that you do so in a way that is emotionally accurate and reflective of what some people go through and how the grow. Please keep writing. You have a great talent.

secretsauce65secretsauce65over 1 year agoAuthor

Thanks everyone for all the comments! They are much appreciated. Work is very hectic at the moment so I haven’t made as much progress as I would have liked but I plan to finish the story soon. Hope you stick around!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Your first posting is a promise of great future reading. Look forward to chapter 2.

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 1 year ago

A great debut story. It clearly has legs - hope you can take us with you to the end

Pete60ukPete60ukover 1 year ago

Excellent writing. Cannot wait to read the next part.

b1084b108425 days ago

Are you still working on it, or perhaps just forgot to post the second part?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersecretsauce65@secretsauce65
Just another computer nerd pretending to be an author. I am awed by the talent here, always have been. Only recently did I get the courage to put my own work out. I would love to hear your feedback and comments. Hope you enjoy my work!

SIMILAR Stories