All Comments on 'Safe Haven'

by Ann Douglas

Sort by:
  • 61 Comments
HighpikeHighpikealmost 4 years ago
Loved it

You moved the seduction along at a very gentle but steady pace that made the climax all the more enjoyable. Love n the end Gina had a lot to thank Joan for, though I was pleased she got put in her place. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

It’s been too long since we had a nice Ann Douglas romp. You haven’t missed a step.

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 4 years ago
Very likeable

Another very likeable Ann Douglas tale with an interesting mix of characters. I've read at different times that Italian families tend towards the matriarchal and the thought of Nonna de Luca ruling the clan by virtue of her purse strings made me smile, as did Joan Hendricks' not so unique manner of climbing the greasy pole. It makes me wince to think but there are still a lot of unpleasant twosomes like these around. I can't even feel sorry for poor Dorothy, all alone with her bottle of wine. So you've pulled it off again, Ann. Thanks and five stars.

Bi47Bi47almost 4 years ago
Excellent

Very very good long detail. Great end.💖💖💖💖💖💖

trickill53trickill53almost 4 years ago
Ann Douglas excellence

Lovely story. A slow built up to a great conclusion. It's about time we've heard from Ann. Been way to long.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Delicious as Always

You are such a talented writer, thank you for sharing all of your characters with us. I feel as though I know them. It makes reading that much better. Just wish they had gotten Joan back for her pettiness.

MikeManMikeManalmost 4 years ago
A nice read

I really enjoyed this story, thanks for letting us share it with you. :)

Captain MidnightCaptain Midnightalmost 4 years ago
Just one caveat

I certainly like this story! The decision to set it in 1978 was very daring. Not a lot of LGBT people were all the way out in 1978.

The caveat is that the (ahem) down the hall neighbor says she needs to watch Dynasty on her TV that night. Um, not exactly. Dynasty didn't premiere until 1981.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Lovely...

...as always, Ms Douglas. Your usual mix of quiet realism and wild passions. So clever how you introduce several women who might lust after your heroine and then settle on the right woman! Welcome back, seems quite a while since I saw you here.

ElectricOutcast2XElectricOutcast2Xalmost 4 years ago

Glad to see you have returned to your throne.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Another Ann Douglas masterpiece

The characters were well developed with deep back stories that led them to where they were. Although the jumping into bed seemed a little sudden that could have been overcome with a couple of furtive glances between the two. Well constructed and thoroughly enjoyable.

jsmangisjsmangisalmost 4 years ago
A Beautiful Love Story

I really enjoyed the way you brought these two lovers together.

TSreaderTSreaderalmost 4 years ago
A lovely tale!

Very well written as always! And certainly very yummy too! Thank you for sharing this with us!

PS: It's nice to have you back..:)

RastanuraRastanuraalmost 4 years ago
Usual

As usual a great story. Not as intense as some of yours but still very good. I'm always looking forward to a new story of yours, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Love your stories

Always a nice build up,not a quickie

blueyes4ublueyes4ualmost 4 years ago

luv reading your stories,they always are enjoyable.Keep doing them,missed you for awhile...

acupacupalmost 4 years ago
Good one!

Well written and rounded off. I wold have like the end to go a bit further, maybe one or two more episodes with them, but then tee is always a sequel...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Worth waiting for ...

You craft wonderful stories. Thank you. I look forward to more. ❤️

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Outstanding

This is by far one of the best stories that I have read on this website, and I don't say that to throw shade on any author but more to point out how great this was. Plot was there, slow burn, eroticism. Just awesome. I hope we get an update about their relationship!

MICHAELG1963MICHAELG1963almost 4 years ago
thank you

Have loved all your stories and this one did not disappoint at all. Would have liked to have seen Joan suffer in someway as she seemed very jealous and mean to work under.

Kellie and Gina make a fantastic couple and your detailed writing made their love very obvious. Thank you again

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
AS SOON AS I SAW THE NAME ..........

........ I knew I would have to read the story, and as always it did not let me down

A nice relaxed slow burn story to get us all through the lock down, perfect.

An easy 5 stars.

SWT3SWT3almost 4 years ago
Wonderful seduction

The storyline leading to the bedroom is wonderful. The ending seems a bit trite. As always, the writing is superb.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Yum!

A great story with really good side stories. It stopped a bit suddenly, where a part 2 would c Harry it forward to moving in and promotion. However I loved it!

Lars420Lars420almost 4 years ago
Excellent !

Very well written and entertaining story. A very enjoyable read !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Never disappointed

An author who does not disappoint. Nice pace and

great ending. Not all manuscripts need be extra

lengthy and this proves it.

paulyepspaulyepsalmost 4 years ago

What a great story .. thank you so much .. I’m sure I’ll read it again .. you’re very talented ... thanks for putting a smile on my face ! ❤️❤️

Elaphe223Elaphe223almost 4 years ago
Wonderful

Loved everything you've published her. More please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wonderful

As always a wonderful story. I have enjoyed everyone of your stories. Please keep writing.

Maddie624Maddie624almost 4 years ago

This was great. As I've said before, I really enjoy your work and this was no exception...Hell, there was even a happy ending to the tale and I could do nothing but smile when I finished reading it! Yay! :)

smlaubsmlaubalmost 4 years ago

When ever I see a story of yours pop up I always look no further for the time being and read it. The stories are always well written, the people and their stories are so believable that you become invested in their story. thank you

foxyfowlerfoxyfowleralmost 4 years ago
Wonderful

I really enjoyed reading this story and others of yours Ann Douglas and hope you will write more about these two ladies and hope they become married and maybe have children please please keep writing you are one of my favourite writers you are brilliant at the story lines and once I start reading I have to read it till I have finish the story thank you. xxx

BillyslateBillyslatealmost 4 years ago
A Quite Nice Read!!

I have read virtually all of your stories and really like the Ann Douglas "slow burn style" of building up to an intense sexual component. Your posts are enhanced by the sexual exploration being a 2nd stage or priority to initially developing an awesome storyline.

Safe Haven is just another perfect example of your "magnificent story writing abilities", and was an immensely enjoyable read for me!

Definitely A 5*-Star Rating For This Lovely Story!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Very Enjoyable Read

Like all your stories this was a very enjoyable read. Great work and thanks for sharing.

BoxcarbillBoxcarbillalmost 4 years ago
Welcome back

Great story. It flowed along like a river moving toward the rapids and then smoothing back out. Good to see you again.

Bleep735Bleep735almost 4 years ago

Perfect story to read while curled up next to the fire with a bottle of wine...or just relaxing while my fingers play. Loved it so much. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Irresistible

Could not put the story down! Will have to better plan my reading of your next story so as I get some sleep.

steppinontoessteppinontoesalmost 4 years ago
Excellent read

I at first thought she was going to just have a weekend fling and then set her up with Abraham to make sure he had a good woman and not another bimbo. Please keep writing.

ender2k2kender2k2kalmost 4 years ago
Loved the story

Great characters in a memorable setting. I lived through that blizzard. It’s so good to know you are still writing and posting. Stay safe and thanks.

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Mealmost 4 years ago

Another one of your fabulous stories. You never disappoint.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenalmost 4 years ago
Very nice story!

Another very nice story from you, Ann, thanks for sharing it with us!

bi_cyclerbi_cycleralmost 4 years ago
A great read

Love your character development. You don’t rush the story to a climax but Instead lead us through a seduction of the mind. Perfect timing. I must read more of your work. Well done.

Ann DouglasAnn Douglasalmost 4 years agoAuthor

I want to thank everyone who read my latest story, especially those who were also kind enough to leave a comment (or send an email). I wish the IMs worked so I could thank you individually, but since they don't, this will have to do. In this troubled and hazardous time, I wish you all well and please be safe.

Ann

DeceptivedomainDeceptivedomainalmost 4 years ago
Another Classic

I loved the simplicity, both the characters are very realistic and very well drown but mostly I loved the Vintage theme. Thanks for bringing back the memories of the good old days.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 4 years ago
Just rewards

Great story with how things changed for the best for Gina, and then Dorthy got her due. Almost made me jealous that the two women could reach such heights of passion while I was just sitting here by myself reading about them :) Thanks for another fun to read story.

jenorma2012jenorma2012almost 4 years ago

not bad, you are just one of the few Author's who's stories I will read all the way through with out skimming it first, the only thing is why ask Gina if she wanted her to stop when she knew that it was not going to happen, just asking is all

Ann DouglasAnn Douglasalmost 4 years agoAuthor

Why ask if she wanted her to stop? Even seduction should have some consent, a point where the person being seduced has a moment to think about what they are doing and say no. Also, I always thought giving someone a chance to walk away, knowing full well that they never will, was kind of hot.

Fuzzy_KbearFuzzy_Kbearalmost 4 years ago
Nice job enjoyable read

This is not my normal interest on here, I'm glad I stumbled across this fine tale. I love the dated story line. And, even though I personally thought there were to many back flashes I understand why they were needed. Maybe there was a different way it could be done, but I don't think it really matters. I also agree wholeheartedly with the author that the seduction of Gina was hott and perfect. Given the time this story was set in, it made perfect sense, and asking for a yes or no, stop or go, when you know you'll get the answer you want just adds to the erotic nature of the seduction. An easy 5 star vote, a favorite story, and I hope this is a positive endorsement of the authors fine work. Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Five star deserving

Well detailed. Nice. short and sweet. It's a good read. I enjoyed reading it.

GreatOak123GreatOak123almost 4 years ago
Excellent

A good story, well written. Ann Douglas is consistently one of the best authors on this site. I especially like her lesbian stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Fantastic!

This is the first story of yours that I read. I then read all the rest of your stories. This was well written and showed excellent character development and a sweet vulnerability in both characters. More please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Second time around

Hey Ann, it was a pleasure reading it again. When I come back to a story for a second time I look at it a bit differently. As said it was a pleasure again, though this time around I thought the last paragraph really, really could have done so much better in a second part of about 3 pages or so. Obviously Kellie had to confront herself and allow herself to be vulnerable again for the first time since her loss of Rachel whom she would have had to have had a long term lesbian relationship with. Gina had to come to terms with going ( openly ??) into a relationship with a woman as well as going into a relationship for love and to hell with stability as that's what her previous relationships were more or less. She wasn't assertive but with Kellie she learns how to. It may be that she first shoots downa more and more manipulating Dorothy, followed by a big clash at work where out of the ashes of the explosions tolerance wins over narrowmindedness . I can see it in my head; but you tell and explain it so much better than that. Still; thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Bit of an abrupt, 'tying things up' kind of ending. But the writing is great, especially the lovemaking. Cool.

warlokk48warlokk48over 3 years ago

I really do enjoy your writing and thoroughly enjoyed the story but the ending did feel a little rushed. Moving from the sex to happy ever after as well as dealing with the Joan issue in three short paragraphs left me wishing the story had been extended

ukdukeukdukeabout 3 years ago

Really nice story. Real life loving sex but an ending that seemed a bit rushed. Can you either extend the ending or perhaps a second half?

6niner6nineralmost 3 years ago
excellent effort

i must congratulate you - for the masterly use of the language, which is a rarity these days, and not just on this platform; for the deftness of touch as regards plot development; for the sensitive portrayal of emotions...

just one crib, though - the ending seems rushed, almost brushing aside several key issues and questions.

even so, a thoroughly enjoyable read.

thank you

kathy2012kathy2012over 2 years ago

Kelli's orgasm was most erotically portrayed! Super hot!

All the best,

Kathy

kathy2012kathy2012over 2 years ago

Kelli's orgasm was most erotically portrayed! Super hot!

All the best,

Kathy

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great descriptive writing. 5 stars. Simple plot. Lovely short story.

For people who expect more chapters, sequels, or long drawn out endings, just maybe this story is a snapshot of how Gina met Kellie.

As The Beatles sang "A Day in The Life".

Not every creative idea can transform into a lifelong saga.

A R W

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Another wonderful story from your talented hand, thankyou.

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4ualmost 2 years ago

5 stars for a tale of exploration and friendship, love how you write sex, tender, erotic and wild. She should thank the old matriarch with a christmas card :)

Storm1752Storm175211 months ago

I usually skip through the lovemaking parts because they're usually overdone and mechanistic/formulaic, but you have a knack for making it as central a part of the story as everything else. Love your artistry.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAnn Douglas@Ann Douglas
I'm an average wife and mother, well, maybe not so average, who likes to write Erotica. I'm not a professional writer. In fact, until I tried writing my first story in the early 90s, I hadn't written anything longer than a letter since high school 20 years before. I like ...