Sally-Ann’s Rain Man

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thank you! I'm delighted having you as my mechanic," and I took his arm in mine and escorted him to his booth.

I kissed his cheek and whispered in his ear, "Thank you for the roses, Rain Man" before I sat across from him.

"You're very welcome and I must say, I like the personal service here Miss McCarthy. Do you provide this personal service for all your customers?"

"I'm on my break, Rain Man, and you're my first exception."

"Rain Man, you called me that twice today. May I enquire why?"

Yes, that is what Doris dubbed you when I explained how we met."

"Well, your Rain Man approves that line of thinking. May I pay you a compliment, Miss McCarthy?"

"You may."

"I appreciate a take charge woman, particularly one in uniform. You are a beautiful woman, Sally-Ann, buxom and voluptuous in all the right places; you fill it out well."

"Are you flirting with me, Mr. Butler?"

"I'm merely stating fact."

"You're also flirting."

"Yes, but the facts remain before me; how am I doing?"

"You're doing fine."

"Besides you, what looks good, I've never eaten here before?"

"That depends; do you like hot and spicy."

"Stop teasing me. You said I have to wait at least two weeks for that."

"I was referring to the menu and you know it," I squeezed his hand.

"And you're flirting by omission," he replied, squeezing back, "perhaps you should order for the both of us, we'll get to dessert that much sooner that way."

"What kind of dessert would you like with your hot tea?"

"May I have a cup of coffee instead?"

"No, you must wait until we are officially courting. What would you like for dessert?"

"Need I say it.......?"

We each had Zane's first class beef brisket with salt potatoes and green beans. We shared a piece of homemade peach pie eating off the same plate as if we had been doing it forever.

I went over my dinner break by 20 minutes while the girls covered, including when I walked with Mr. Butler to his Jeep.

"I have every Sunday and Monday off. Are you available, tomorrow, Mr. Butler?"I offered him my hand like they do in the old time movies; would he do it? Is my Rain Man the Romantic I think he is?

"Isn't this a nice coincidence, I decided on the way here that Sunday and Monday shall be my new days off; what do you have in mind, Miss McCarthy?"

He took my hand and kissed it, making me tingle all over at this marvelous discovery.

"Can you weld, Mr. Butler?"

"If it can be welded, I can weld it."

"This is strictly a business proposition mind you. I have my Grandmother's metal glider on my front porch that doesn't glide. I can never bring myself to get rid of it.

I made new seat cushions for it last fall. One corner is pretty much held together with bailing wire and large c-clamps; they don't build things like this glider these days and as I said I can't bring myself to part with it.

I adore sitting on my front porch when the weather permits it. Can you look at it tomorrow and give me an estimate?"

"Well strictly as a business proposition, Miss McCarthy, I will have it working almost as good as new for a flat fee of a home cooked meal followed by a kiss, right here," He kissed his finger and then touched my lips, "How does that sound?"

"Why a single kiss, Mr. Butler?"

"A single kiss will save time, Miss McCarthy."

"How will that save time, Mr. Butler?"

"If you like my kisses you may decide to let me court you immediately, staring Monday. If you don't like my kisses, it will allow me two weeks to practice up on my kissing skills on the back of my hand. You must agree by now that fate brought us together."

"I'll hold myself open to that possibility; however, I'm curious, when did you go from a single kiss to kisses?"

"Did I say kisses; it must have been a Freudian slip brought on by wishful thinking."

"How many kisses?"

"Is there such a thing as too many kisses?"

"Perhaps you'll find out tomorrow....."

I watched from my bedroom window as my Rain Man drove into my driveway Sunday morning pulling a utility trailer with his tools and a portable welder behind his Jeep.

I was surprised to see that Thomas was not dressed all in black, surprised and curious. Instead he was wearing tan chinos that appeared to be new with a white & blue striped oxford shirt with the sleeves rolled up. He had worn and scuffed brown penny loafers on his feet.

Beanie my nine year tabby was not her usual self this morning. Normally she hides when anyone is around; Beanie literally is a one woman cat and set in her ways, or so I thought.

This morning Beanie was back and forth to the front door meowing and cajoling to go outside the whole time I was adding the last minute finishing touches.

I wanted to make sure my hair and makeup was perfect before I went outside to greet him.

I was sending a message to show I might be interested. He couldn't fail to notice the vases with my roses on the end table by the glider.

He had already moved the roses safely to one side and was taking the glider's measurements and writing them down in a pocket notebook when I opened the door to greet him.

Incredibly, Beanie darted out ahead of me spoiling my planned entrance to rub against his leg.....

When Sally-Ann opened the door one of the friendliest cats I have every encountered, a large silver mackerel tabby with seven toes and hazel eyes. She came charging out the front door to rub against my leg.

This however didn't prevent me from admiring how beautiful Sally-Ann looked this bright sunny morning.

Sally-Ann's face was makeup free to display a light sprinkle of freckles to compliment her fair creamy complexion as is the case with many true redheads.

Her fiery red hair was put up in a bun with a white rose slightly behind the top of her right ear. She was wearing a sleeveless pale mauve summer dress with halter straps and simple white pumps on her small feet.

All I could think to say was 'WOW' until the cat prompted me, "What's her name?" I bent over to pick up Miss Tabby and rub her furry belly.

"It's Beanie," Sally-Ann said with a puzzled look on her pretty face as this affectionate cat went limp and trusting in my arms, purring loudly and contentedly as I rubbed her tummy.

"Well, Beanie, you certainly are an affectionate kitty and as beautiful as your Mistress. Is something wrong?" I asked, continuing to rub Beanie, the puzzled expression still on Sally-Ann's face.

"No, nothing is wrong," she said smiling, "actually everything is perfect, Mr. Butler. You passed your cat-scan with flying colors. Before you get started on the glider, would you like a cup of coffee with your cinnamon rolls......?"

"What does your mistress mean by that," he asked putting Beanie's face up to his ear and of course she meowed.

"Beanie says it means we're now officially courting and I may call you Sally-Ann. Miss Tabby agrees with me you look lovely this morning."

Beanie let out a few more "meows" wanting her belly rubbed some more.

"Wait, there is more....Beanie says she wants me to kiss her," and Tom kissed Beanie's head to be rewarded with more loud purring. My wonderful traitor, Beanie was absolutely precious with him.

"Beanie says you want me to kiss you....what's that Beanie, your Mistress likes to go dancing, really..... Yes I'm sure we like the same music.

Does Sally-Ann like to fish, Beanie?......you don't know....yes, I'll bring you a fresh fish if I catch any the next time I go......No, Beanie, I'm not into mice, you're on your own there.....catnip, nope, I never tried it, but I'll bring you some the next time I visit. How about a nice catnip mouse? Thank you, I like you too, Beanie."

Thoroughly charmed and amazed, I took Beanie from him and put her down; she jumped up on the glider to watch us.

"Beanie is such a gossip," I said putting my hands on his strong shoulders while looking into his baby blue eyes; I liked what I saw there so I kissed his lips.

"You need more practice," I said kissing him again.

He put his arms around my waist and returned my kisses, "How about now, Sally-Ann."

"You're getting there, Thomas," I replied, taking my fingers and running them through his thick black hair, "I'd like to explore with you to determine if there is such a thing as too many kisses."

"What about your glider?"

"I completely forgot," and I kissed his lips, "please forgive me."

"You are forgiven. I have everything with me to fix it better than new," he kissed my lips.

"How long will it take?"

"Are you referring to us or the glider?" He kissed me again, "you taste wonderful, by the way, Sally-Ann."

"I am referring to the glider of course," and I ran my hands through his hair vigorously messing it up so that it fell forward over his forehead and over his eyes. This was to test his patience and his vanity.

Not bothering to fix his hair as Thomas gently stroked the hair at the nape of my neck making me tingle all over, "The white rose in your hair is very sensual by the way, although I'm hoping to be allowed it take down later for my fingers to caress."

"My goodness what a bold and direct man you are Thomas. Have you forgotten about the glider already?"

"Pleasantly distracted and I haven't. I need to change into my work clothes first, and you are right, they don't build them like this these days. The possibilities I see to fix it better than ever are a challenge."

"Are work clothes code words for birthday suit?" I asked, tugging on his hair.

"No, I think I should get started."

"Fine, but first we'll have our coffee and cinnamon rolls," and I pushed his hair back in place.....

We spent two hours in her kitchen over coffee; Sally-Ann's cinnamon rolls are indescribably delicious. We made small talk, feeling each other out which led to more general topics until we finally arrived at sharing some personal information about each other. I avoid politics; I detest what it has denigrated into.

That being said, we share the status of being an only child. Sally-Ann left home at sixteen, shortly after her Dad died of after a lengthy and courageous bout with cancer.

Her mother remarried soon after; she can't stand her step-father or step-brother while my Dad and I get along famously; Dad never remarried when Mom died.

When I asked Sally-Ann about her step-father and step-brother she became quiet so I quickly changed the subject. I suspect her mother had a long standing affair and then married her lover, her husband's oncologist of all things; as I said she's not crazy about her step-brother; they are ten years apart in age.

Moving on to brighter things, we both like Celtic Music, Folk Music; some Country Western, Blue Grass and naturally Rock & Roll. Sally likes' to attend Ethnic Festivals, especially Celtic.

Sally-Ann dresses in character for the summer Renaissance Fair in Sterling, NY; I've never been there and it sounds like fun.

Sally-Ann adores foreign films with sub-titles in English....OK, I'm not into that. We agreed that subject might be open for further discussion at another time.

From there Sally-Ann became serious, almost hesitant; almost unsure whether she should bring it up. I squeezed her hand in encouragement and smiled.

When she finally confided, taking a chance, I knew it was hard for her. I got the ball rolling first by simply telling Sally-Ann what I thought and felt; following my heart for a second time in my life, all doubt washed away by the cleansing of a glorious hard rain............


It's incredible! We like so many of the same things, although Thomas paused and answered carefully when I asked him what he thought about foreign films; I adore them and they are so overlooked by many.

Beanie sat at his feet until he pulled the kitchen chair out next to him; Beanie jumped up on it to watch us the whole time we were in the kitchen. Thomas fed her bits of a cinnamon roll dipped in milk.

Beanie ate right out his hand, darn her; she never does this with me, god bless her. Fate needs to be a subject I study in greater detail.

Thomas is an easy man to talk to and unlike some men; he didn't dismiss or diminish my opinions when we brushed briefly on many topics of interest, excluding the discussion of politics.

He didn't express any opinion one way or the other which leaves me to believe his disdain for politics in general.

I also found out Thomas worked alongside his father in the tire business since he was 11 years old, his Dad now retired.

I took a big chance with him during coffee. I opened a window that has been locked with the shade drawn for a very long time.

It didn't bother him in the least when he looked inside.

I owe him that. If he is the man I think he is Thomas will understand.

I confessed that I was no angel in my younger days.

I confessed I was a good time party girl and then an exotic dancer up until my early thirties when I started losing stage time to younger girls.

I made very good money up until then and if nothing else possessed the good sense to have a CPA who encouraged me to bank and invest 25% of my wages. Everything was above board when I had my one and only tax audit.

I enjoyed that wild lifestyle and the private parties until my then new and untested manager-bodyguard, Jose' turned on me.

Jose' is such a prissy, fussy and vain bastard. Always stylish in appearance to the extreme; in the way he dressed. Always in the most current fashions; in the way he wore his hair. Jose' was always perfectly coiffed with never so much as a hair out of place.

Without my knowledge, Jose' committed me to a high priced escort service catering to rich businessmen; he forged my name on a one year contact.

They specialized among other things in providing companions for businessmen from Asian or Middle Eastern countries....need I say more?

I returned to my apartment from my hair stylist one afternoon to find Jose' with a Korean businessman in his sixties drinking single-malt Scotch waiting for me.
I wore my hair curly and shoulder length or in a short curly bob in those days.

Rule number one; nobody was allowed in my apartment for any type of business. My private life was separate from my then chosen career. As I said, I did it for the money and it paid well.

Jose' took me into my bedroom to show me the stack of cash we made in advance; five thousand dollars; this was my cut and he talked excitedly that my contract guaranteed me a minimum of twenty-five grand a month for six days work if I would sweeten these men with a little sugar....sex.

We had a heated argument about the contract. He was also angry that I didn't get my hair cut as short as he wanted it and that came up. Jose' became angrier still when as he put it, "I wouldn't listen to reason on both counts".

I fired him on the spot and walked out of the bedroom with the money to throw the old lecherous Korean out with Jose' along with him; they could both hit the road.

For the first time, Jose' hit me; he slapped me around in front of the old lecherous businessman, calling me filthy names. He hit me several times, giving me a fat lip and bloody nose and still I refused.
He threatened to cut my face up if I didn't do as I was told.

That was a big mistake on Jose's part as he reached for his knife, smiling, all cocky and self-assured while looking at the Korean saying, "This whore needs to be put in her place".

While he was distracted in his bravado, I kicked my so-called bodyguard where it counts before breaking an alabaster lamp over his head rendering him unconscious in a crumpled heap of blood and vomit....kicking him in the face for good measure.

I threw the money at the old lecher telling him to get the hell out or he would get more of the same. The old poltroon practically ran out with his tail between his legs, tripping on the rug and almost falling flat on his face as he tried to scoop up the money; one final kick by me squarely on his buttocks to send out the door.

Hours later, after Jose' was carried out on a gurney when New York's Finest were done questioning me.
I locked myself in my bedroom to have a good long cry; more than a good cry actually, I was shaking with fright. Afterward, I telephoned my Grandma.

The next day I packed whatever I could fit in two suitcases, taking the bus, the same way I got here; leaving everything else behind to return to my hometown to start my life over.

I moved in with my Dad's mother, my Grandma Beanie; short for Beatrice; I could never pronounce Grandma's name as a little girl therefore it was always Grandma Beanie.

While living there, I got my GED; attended Community College getting an Associate's Degree in English Literature to prove to myself I could do it while I was working part-time at Zane's and have been there since.

I never lost contact with Grandma Beanie, not even when I was in New York City. I can still see her on the front porch of her little house, sitting on the glider, waiting for me on my spend-the-night weekend visits when my Dad dropped me off Friday night to bring me back home on Sunday. We talked about everything. My Grandma Beanie was a tough as nails while being a very sweet and nurturing woman.

Grandma Beanie had a way with plants. They bloomed and flourished like magic under her care. She must have passed that gift onto me.

Grandma Beanie didn't approve of my exotic dancer lifestyle. As is her way, Grandma told me once of her displeasure in no uncertain terms and then dropped it, always loving me no matter what.

Grandma left me the house when she passed, all that she had in the world; my bastard of a step-father contested the will and lost. I counter sued for my legal expenses and won.

I also confessed to Thomas that I wanted a serious, committed relationship with a good man. I told him I was a different woman now, one who came to her senses.

In my experience many men...well... at least the two I was partially honest with after I moved back home, were put off or surprised by my candor. In the end, both were skeptical; not believing a woman, a person, can change.

Not going into particulars, one of the lying, conniving disingenuous bastard pretended to understand. Samuel stuck around for a year wining and dining me.

He actually proposed marriage and I accepted. Samuel dropped a bomb on me a week before we were to be married.

Samuel wanted an open marriage that included threesomes with other men and women; of course I refused even discussing such a thing and we had a heated argument where I simply walked out on him.

Samuel spread vicious lies about me after that. I don't know for sure, but the only reason he stopped might be because Zane paid him a little visit.

Do you know what my Rain Man did when I confessed almost everything to him? Thomas looked right into my eyes, really looked into my eyes, deep into the window of my soul, right at the person before him here and now; me, not the person of my wild and reckless carefree past.

I looked back into his baby blue eyes to see his soul was wide open.

Thomas was straight and right to the point....can you come right to the point and still be romantic?

"Sally-Ann," he gently, kissing my hands, "I believe in you. It doesn't matter for the past is behind us both; there is only the here and now. Your eyes tell me what your words struggle to say.

They say when finally give your heart, it will be forever. We can go as fast or slow as you like, or pick up where we left off earlier. My first assessment of you stands. I accept you as you are."

My heart of hearts assures me that Thomas Butler is a keeper and might possibly be the ONE..........

I must say that Thomas wasn't bragging when he stated that he can weld anything. My Dad was a welder so I know good work when I see it. Thomas's welds are very neat and precise.