Sally's Dilemma

Story Info
Can her relationship survive more joyless sex?
15.3k words
4.54
2.5k
5
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is at least partly inspired by an anonymous confession I came across some time ago on a well known micro-blogging platform. I hope you enjoy.

***

Sally sighed as David moaned. She wasn't exactly uncomfortable or anything but, well, it was clear, as it always was, that he was enjoying this more than she was, although she sometimes wondered how even he could enjoy this. She'd gotten into the habit of trying to do what she could to hasten the end. Her legs were spread wide, knees bent and lifted, and she pushed her hips back against him as he rutted away, his body draped on top of hers with his head buried in a pillow next to her head. She lifted her arms up to rub along his muscular back. She'd found this generally encouraged him, while also making it easier for her to check the time on her watch as inconspicuously as possible, and she was duly rewarded with the typical increase in his pace that was the usual precursor to his finishing, and right on schedule she felt his hips heave as he groaned loudly and emptied himself inside her.

"I love you so much," he said, he always said, lifting his head to look at her, kissing her lightly, lovingly.

"I love you too baby," she replied, as always, the warmest smile she could muster on her face.

He rolled off her, breathing heavily, and she slid out of the bed, moving quietly towards their en suite bathroom, closing the door behind her. She could feel his cum dribbling down the inside of her leg and she shuddered, reaching for a tissue, as she recalled a different time, when that feeling used to make her so hot she'd do anything to get whoever she was with hard again.

She looked at herself in the mirror for a long moment. She'd be thirty in a week and, although she'd never been what might be considered vain or overly concerned with her appearance, the thought had started to occur to her that, just maybe, there was a clock on this thing. She knew she was hot. A beautiful face, flawless skin, bright blue eyes and legs that went all the way down. She shook her wavy blond hair around her head and pouted her lips, hefted her breasts in her hands, as if to test they were still as pert and firm as they'd always been, and she sighed heavily.

"Who am I kidding," she said aloud.

She'd been with David just over three years. Before that, she hadn't gone on more than a handful of dates with any man since she broke up with Ted, her college boyfriend, when he moved to the far side of the country. It was an amicable parting, and she still thought about him sometimes, often when she was in bed.

And then David came along. She met him at a house party thrown by a mutual friend, an acquaintance really. Sally had always been a very social animal and she'd thought David's shyness that night, his almost deferential nature was kind of cute. Of course, it didn't hurt that he had the face of a model and a killer body. She was a little surprised to learn he was single, he was so funny and smart, easy company. She gave him her number when she was leaving and he called her the next day.

At first, she thought things were moving too slowly for her but then Piper, her oldest friend, had pointed out that maybe that wasn't such a bad thing. Sally had no problem agreeing. David was unlike almost any man she'd ever met. He was like something out of the past, but in a really good way. He was kind and sweet, always complementing her and saying nice things without being patronizing or making her feel weird, buying her sweet little gifts, and although he was built like a brick shit house, he never showed off or seemed overly focused on how he looked, though he was always very well presented.

It was enough so that, after three dates where they'd done little more than some pretty decent making out, she'd had to encourage him to feel her up for god's sake, she was pretty ravenous for him.

"I mean to have him," she'd quoted to Piper from one of their favourite movies, "even if it must be burglary."

She was sharing an apartment at the time and David lived alone. He'd mentioned how he enjoyed cooking so she encouraged him, for their fourth date, to invite her over and cook her dinner.

And as soon as she walked in the door, she wanted him even more. His little studio apartment was amazing, neat without being fussy, very homely and inviting, nothing at all like the bachelor pads she'd been used to. And then there was the smell, the food. He'd told her he liked to cook but it turned out he was a fucking miracle worker in the kitchen. When she told Piper about it later, she had to admit that the food was so good it had actually turned her on even more.

So after dinner, and yet more really great conversation, as they moved over to the couch Sally was as sure as ever that, not only did she really want to sleep with David, like right now, but that there was a really strong chance she was falling for him, really falling for him.

And so it didn't really bother her when that first time had been a disaster. There was a lot of fumbling and grunting. He'd been really shy about her touching his cock, like stroking him, although as far as she was concerned it was the same as the rest of him, just about perfect. So there'd been very little foreplay really at all. One minute they were making out on the couch, the next they were naked in his bed and pretty much immediately once that happened, he was inside her. She was a little surprised, sure. She'd kind of expected someone who looked like David to be, well, experienced enough to know his way around a woman's body. Still, it didn't bother her, not that much anyway.

And it still didn't bother her the second, or the third time. She tried kind of talking to him a little, encouraging him in the right direction occasionally, but it never seemed to work and then, almost suddenly, months had passed and, she knew, despite what could only be described as mediocrity in the bedroom, she was in love with him. He'd actually said it first, which didn't surprise her, he really was incredibly sweet and emotionally intelligent for a man, but she didn't even hesitate for a second to say it back to him. And she meant it.

And other than the sex, it was nice. More than nice. Nice does it a disservice. She was happy. David was as attentive and loving a partner as she had ever dreamed about. He made good money as an engineer for a construction firm and her family and friends fucking adored him, as he did them. She wondered sometimes, laying against his huge, strong body on the couch watching a movie, how it was possible for someone to be so fucking amazing at cuddling, who always felt so comfortable and safe and warm, to have absolutely no skill or ability whatsoever with mouth, hands or cock in the bedroom.

Ultimately, and pretty quickly, she dismissed those thoughts. Though, as she stood in the bathroom that Friday night looking into the mirror, she couldn't remember a single moment when she'd actually made an affirmative decision, over time she'd simply accepted that everything else she loved about David simply outweighed the mediocrity in bed, that she could learn to live with it. Besides, she reminded herself as she returned to bed, snuggling up against him as he kissed her head lovingly, I don't need a man to make me cum.

The next morning, Saturday, David had to work. It wasn't every Saturday, but often enough that they'd developed a habit of some fun teasing about Sally being able to stay in bed while David got ready for work and like he did every morning, whether she was staying in bed or not, he kissed her before he left, like really kissed her. It made her tingle, made her head swim, just a little bit, just enough, every time.

"I love you so much," he said, he always said.

"Love you," she replied.

Sometimes, and that morning was one of them, Sally felt a pang of guilt as she extricated her selection of toys and vibrators from their hiding place in the closet, as if getting herself off was somehow a betrayal of David. She lay in bed and closed her eyes, slowly lowering her hands over her body in her usual way, trying to get a clear picture of David in her mind. Usually, she aimed for him getting out of the shower, all of his muscles dripping wet. But as she felt herself get hotter, felt her pussy getting slick, the reason for her guilt came to mind. Most often it was Ted, but sometimes there were others too, men she'd been with who fucked really good or who she'd been with in very memorable or sexy situations, like that time she'd fucked a bartender at a resort in Hawai'i behind the bar. She sometimes tried to superimpose David on top of these other men as the fantasies raced through her mind, but it didn't always work.

That morning, as she slid one of her favourites, a small vibrating dildo inside herself, she tried hard to focus on David but her mind slipped to Ted and, as she was doing more and more often, she just gave up and went with it and when she came, gasping pretty hard, it was Ted's name on her lips.

She was seriously considering going again, to try and do it right this time, when her phone rang.

"Hey Pipes, what going on?" she said as she answered, surprised that Piper would be up this early on a Saturday.

"Happy birthday!" Piper said loudly.

"What the fuck Piper," Sally said in feigned annoyance, "my birthday's next weekend."

"Yeah, I know but... I'm away for work next weekend, so I thought we'd celebrate tonight."

"Oh, well... OK. What do you have in mind?"

"Well... surprise! I called David to see if you guys had anything planned this weekend and, oh my god Sal he is such a fucking sweetheart, he insisted on booking us a suite in Atlantic City. He said you and me hadn't had a big night out in far too long, how awesome is that!"

"Fuck..." Sally said, looking down at her naked body and reflecting on her very recent orgasm, aided by thoughts of someone other than her loving, kind and generous boyfriend.

"That's all you got? Come on Sal, he's right. We haven't let our fucking hair down in months. Aren't you excited?"

"Yeah... yeah, of course... just, surprised I guess."

"Well get the fuck out of bed, I'll be over to pick you up in an hour. Pack the hottest fucking outfit you've got Sally, we are going to paint the town tonight."

She called David as soon as Piper had hung up.

"Hey babe," he said with typically positivity.

"Don't fucking hey babe me," she said in mock disgust, "you sly fucking dog."

"Ha! Surprise! I guess Piper called?"

"She did... David... this is so sweet, you didn't have to do something like this..."

"I know babe but... you and Piper don't see nearly as much of each other as you used to and I know you miss her..."

"Oh David... fuck..."

"What?"

"Just... I don't deserve you, you know that?"

"Gimme a break Sal, I'm the one punching above his weight here."

"Well... thank you babe. Promise I'll send you lots of photos of us enjoying ourselves."

"You better. Have fun babe. I'll see you tomorrow, love you."

"Love you."

She sighed again and pushed the guilt from her mind. She'd become practiced at it by then and, she acknowledged, she was excited. Going to Atlantic City with Piper was about as fun a prospect as she could imagine for her birthday.

Piper arrived just when she'd said and they had some fun talking about prospective outfits and plans for the night before hitting the road. Piper had arranged to borrow her father's vintage Alpha Romeo convertible in honour of the occasion.

It was still pretty early when they arrived and they had time for a couple of relaxing hours at the pool before they adjourned to their suite to get ready. It was just about the biggest hotel room either of them had experienced. A large, opulent living room with two huge bedrooms attached, complete with king size beds and almost bizarrely beautiful en suite bathrooms.

As they headed down to the casino floor, they shared at least a grin or two at the attention they were attracting. Sally felt that hers was the less risque of their outfits, a red top with a very deep v-neck and a black leather mini-skirt. By comparison, Piper's skirt was even shorter than hers with a dangerously high slit and her dark blouse was almost completely see-through. She'd suggested that she was going to wear it without a bra and Sally wasn't totally sure that she'd been joking.

"Just so you know Sal," she said as they walked, "there's a pretty good chance I'm getting laid tonight."

"Seriously?"

"Ah, yes. Fuck you Sal, not everybody is getting their needs attended to by their fucking gorgeous boyfriend you know," she said in mock indignation and Sally felt herself shudder.

"Well... are you... are you, like... meeting someone or..."

"Sure I am," Piper replied with a grin, "just not sure who it is yet."

"I see," Sally said with a knowing smile.

"All I'm saying is, if I give you the signal, don't wait up."

"Gotcha," Sally replied with a skeptical glance. The signal, which they'd used for years when one or both of them were single on nights out together, was simply the phrase 'no sleep tonight', which was sometimes delivered via text message.

They tried the roulette tables for a little while but gambling really wasn't their thing so they hit up a couple of bars and finally found themselves at a loud, packed, raucous club that reminded Sally very much that she was nearing the end of her twenties.

She were pretty buzzed at that point and had spent considerable time discussing and evaluating potential guys for Piper and there'd been a little flirting, but no serious contenders.

They had a quick drink at the club, really to orientate themselves more than anything, and then it was the dancefloor, always Piper's preferred hunting ground for dick, Sally's too, once upon a time.

She wasn't sure how much time had passed, but she reflected as she finally saw Piper really get close to some tall guy with dark hair, that she was having fun. They'd had a couple more drinks and while she was far from wasted, she was happily drunk, drunk enough that she stopped worrying about David and just enjoyed herself, letting herself move to the music as she cheered Piper on while she got even closer with the tall guy.

So when she felt a hard body press against her from behind, in that place, in that mood, it felt like the most natural thing in the world to press right back and when she lifted her arms as she danced she felt a pair of hands slide onto her hips, moving with her body. She had a wide smile on her face as she watched Piper start to make out with the tall guy and she pressed harder against the hard body behind her, felt the hands on her hips slide up just a touch.

She was still smiling, grinning really, when she turned around to get a look at him, tall, black and very, very attractive. He kept his hands loosely on her body, grinning right back at her as she kept moving, sliding her hands up along his chest, feeling the definition of the muscles under his shirt. As the beat got stronger, she felt the hands move around to her ass and still she kept moving, refusing to acknowledge the tingle between her legs. She turned her body again, pressing her ass into his crotch and felt him grow as she moved. His hands pulled her back to him until she was just grinding on him, swiveling her hips against his cock. She felt her breath get heavy and she leaned back into him, pressing her head against his chest and angling her neck to look up towards his face.

His lips couldn't have been more than an inch or two from hers when she turned away, turned her whole body away fairly suddenly. His smile didn't fade completely but there was certainly a question in his eyes and she smiled weakly back at him, mouthing the word sorry in his direction as she backed away, turning to search for Piper, who was still making out with the tall guy.

She fault awful about interrupting them but the urge she felt to get out of there was too strong.

"Hey," she said, shouting to be heard over the music, as she approached behind Piper. When she turned, there was an instant of anger before she recognized Sally.

"Hey!" she roared back, "isn't this place awesome?!"

"Awesome! Hey, look, I might...," she started but Piper was distracted for a moment by the tall guy's hand pulling on her. "I might go..."

"Seriously?!" Piper said and Sally could see the disappointment in her face.

"No pressure, I can stay if..." she said, nodding past her to the tall guy.

"No... it's OK, no sleep tonight," Piper said with a grin.

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely. Are you OK?" Piper said and Sally smiled warmly as she felt her friends arm gently on hers.

"I'm fine... just... tired... not used to this anymore!"

Piper grinned before wrapping her up in a hard embrace.

"Piper...?" Sally said into her ear, noticing behind her that tall guy could also have been described as really hot foreign looking guy.

"It's OK, really," Piper replied, "no fucking sleep tonight baby!"

With that, she turned and was back on the tall guy in seconds. Sally smiled as she made her way through the crowd. She found a kind bouncer who walked her to a line of cabs outside and while she still felt the buzz of the alcohol and the residual effects of the loudness of the music, she also felt a tinge of discomfort as she made her was across the lobby of their hotel and up to their room. How close did I just get to cheating, she asked herself.

As she unzipped her dress, she wished she was drunker than she was. At least then, she reasoned, she might just conk out as soon as her head hit the pillow and she wouldn't have to think about what had almost happened at the club. Still, there was no denying that she was turned on. She had to actively avoid touching herself as she stripped and pictures of the guy at the club kept drifting into her mind, thoughts of how hard his body felt when she was pressed against it.

She was in the middle of a pretty perfunctory job of taking off her make-up when she heard Piper come in and her instinct was to breath a sigh of relief that her friend was safe. When it became clear that Piper wasn't alone, she stifled a groan though she was hardly surprised.

Through the walls, she thought she heard the guy saying something but, whatever it was, Piper's reply was clear as day.

"Fuck that mister. Bedroom, right now. You have work to do!"

She groaned again as sounds of fumbling and giggling filtered through the walls. She kept going with her makeup, trying to focus on the task, but she couldn't believe how quickly she heard Piper moaning.

She knew perfectly well that Piper liked to be loud in bed, she didn't exactly keep it a secret. They'd shared a wall, much as they did now, in their college dorm freshman year, and Piper's proclivity to offer a running commentary while she was fucking, or really doing anything sexual, had been well known throughout their whole building.

She closed her eyes and tried to tune it out, finishing up in the bathroom and moving to the bed, although it did occur to her that the bed in the other room was pressed up against the same wall and, essentially, all that separated her from Piper and the guy she was with was a few inches of drywall.

"You're so fucking good at that," she heard Piper say and she sighed as her friend moaned again. "Yes baby... keep going... my pussy fucking loves your mouth..."

She climbed under the blankets and closed her eyes tight but she knew it was useless. Whatever was happening, whatever was going to happen in the next room, she was going to hear every moment of it, every hot, sexy, dirty, fucking orgasmic moment of it. She could feel the tingle between her legs, felt them press together and only resisted the urge to move her hand there for a moment, as Piper's moans grew in both pitch and volume.

"Right there baby... fuck, that's so good... you're making me so fucking wet..."