Sam Spade 00: Case of the Missing Daughter

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Looking up at him I smiled and replied, "Ahh Gaston...I'll have a glass of house rose and the lasagna today."

He just looked at me confused for a moment before returning to the closed off section of the dining room. In under a minute, Fats peaked out from the other side of the door and looked at me. He turned back towards the room for a moment before heading in my direction. Hot on his heels was the greasiest looking Mexican I had ever seen.

Just as they walked up my phone rang. Holding up a finger I answered it. It was Rachel calling to let me know that the Jamesons' had called and wanted my services after all. I did not ask her how much she had charged for my services. Frankly I did not really care as Daddy had left me a stipend so that if I wanted to, I could have done nothing with my life other than sit at home watching soaps on the holo-tube. Closing the phone, I looked up at first the greasy Mexican hood and then Fats and said, "Is there a problem with my order? Let me guess..." I looked back at the Mexican and said, "Today's special is greasy Tex-Mex, damn."

Fats didn't even crack a smile, "I'm sorry Miss Spade." His eyes cut towards the Mexican standing to his right and slightly behind him as he added, "We're closed."

I looked at him for a moment and then nodded, "I see." Standing I unbuttoned my coat and made as if I were fumbling with my trench coat and hat as I pulled the .45. Standing close to the greasy man I said, "I bet with one or two bottles of shampoo you will be able to wash out all that grease from your hair." He reached up and grabbed the lapels of my coat as he proceeded call me all types of bad names in Spanish.

"Bad move," I replied as I dropped the trench coat and jammed the .45 against his crotch. Just as I cocked the hammer back I heard the cocking of a pistol next to my head.

"I'm sorry Samantha," Fats said as I turned and looked at him. In his meaty hand was a small pistol, and it was pointed at my head.

I was shocked. I had never mentioned my name to Fats. Looking back at the Mexican I saw him grinning. "For someone about to be neutered the hard way, you seem awful happy," I said as I pushed the pistol against his groin. Not looking at Fats' I added, "It seems we have a Mexican standoff."

"You have never fired..." Fats started to say. To stop him I lowered the pistol a fraction and fired a round into the wood floor. I quickly raised it again and wrapped my free hand around the back of the man's neck to keep him close. "Damn it Spade!" Fats yelled as the sounds of thundering feet reached my ears.

The man stopped smiling and looked worried as we were encircled by two groups of men. One group seemed to be made from Mexicans while the other was your basic New York thug. As the sounds of guns being cocked around me sounded I said in a calm voice, "Bet I can neuter you before I die."

An elderly male's voice came from behind me, "I like her, she's got spunk. Don't you agree Señor Gomez?"

Another voice answered, "Sí, amaría ver cómo ella está en cama. Aposté que ella es una mujer apasionada."

Passionate woman indeed, I thought. Without thinking I replied, "Too passionate for you." It was only when I heard laughter that I realized I had replied to him aloud.

The old man's voice joined in the laughter and then once it had died down asked, "What is your name young woman?" Before I could answer, Fats answered for me. Not only did he know my name but that I was also a private investigator. Not lowering the pistol, I looked at Fats in surprise as he went on to talk about me in great detail including my smartass attitude.

I rolled my eyes and replied, "Well hell! Now everyone knows all about me including when my period hits." Lowering the aim to the floor I let the hammer down and holstered daddy's old .45. "Does this mean I get my lasagna now," I asked giving Fats a slight smile, all the while thinking about his pudgy neck in my hands. He must have gotten my message because he took a step back away from me, the pistol in his hands shaking.

Behind me, the old man's voice said, "What's with all the iron?" his voice took on a tone of command as he added, "Put it away now."

Turning around I looked at the old man. I was shocked, I expected someone in a three piece suit. Instead the man looked like someone's elderly uncle, complete with ratty straw fedora, thick glasses, cane, and a sweater. The man next to him, the Mexican, was every bit as old, instead of the disheveled look he was wearing a smoking jacket in dark red velvet and an ascot. Smiling I gestured at the table and said, "Would you two care to join me for lunch?" After a moment I added, "It's to die for."

There was a long silence before the older man started laughing. "I like you Miss Samantha," he said as he came forward and pulled out a chair across from where I was standing. "Come on Señor Gomez, some food will do us both good."

Señor Gomez came up and pulled my chair out for me and said, "Ladies first..."

"Thank you," I said as I sat down.

The old man looked up at Fats and started rattling off Italian faster than I could follow. He looked at me and then added, "What's it like being a P.I.?" as Fats hurried away. The other men in the room drifted away and sat at tables around us.

Looking at him I shrugged, "For the most part it is allot of boring footwork. With moments of excitement sprinkled in. Mister..."

"Call me Marty," the old man replied. He looked at Gomez and then me before adding "We are all friends here."

Gomez nodded and added, "Dining with a lady is always a friendly endeavor."

Marty nodded and added, "Lots of car chases then?"

I was about to answer when Fats came out with the salad and served up. Throughout the meal he brought each course and removed the dirty plates himself. Once he had served the salad and wine I took a bite before replying, "No, I can't think of one single car chase ever."

As we ate, I went on to explain how in real life my job was nothing like what they showed on the holotube. For some reason they kept coming back to the exciting parts of my job as we ate. We were drinking espresso at the end of lunch when I finally gave them an example of my work. I talked about Cindy and how she had run away from home. I lead them step through step on how I had deduced where she was before finishing with, "My next step is to wander around New Orleans and see if I can pick up her trail."

Gomez pulled out a small metal tin and opening it offered me a mint from it. "After dinner mint Samantha?"

"Thank you," I said as it took one from him. He offered then to Marty who shook his head no. Looking at the mint I laughed. It was in the shape of a little heart and said "I lub u," on it. Popping it into my mouth it had the same taste as those valentine candies you passed around as a kid.

Gomez had been quiet all through lunch while Marty and I talked. He looked at me and asked, "Why do it?"

I looked at him, before replying. I was thinking of a smart answer when I blurted out, "For the puzzles."

"Puzzles?" He replied.

"Yes, take Cindy for example. I know where she went; I can almost bet I know what happened in her first hour after arriving at the bus station. It is like a big puzzle that I am slowly putting together a piece at a time. "

All of a sudden my sight became fuzzy and mouth dry. Those feelings passed quickly and everything became crystal clear. My heart swelled in compassion for the pair of older men dining with me. They were not my lovers, they were more like favorite uncles and I would do just about anything to make them happy. I realized that I had been drugged. However, I was not worried because I trusted them. "You sly dog, you drugged me," I said leaning forward and winking at Gomez.

"Of course Samantha," He replied nodding. Looking at Marty he added, "How is that for a sample of my organization's new creation?"

Instead of replying, Marty looked at me and patted his lips with his napkin. "It could be your faking Miss Samantha. How can I tell for sure?"

I thought for a moment before replying, "If I said I was drugged, as far as you know I could be lying. So that is out." I bit my lower lip as I thought, "The only thing would be to have me do something I would never do." I added, "The problem then how would you know if you knew something I would never do or not?"

Nodding Marty said, "That was my thinking also."

Gomez spoke up, "Why don't you show me how passionate you can be while my North American friend is thinking?"

Standing I licked my lips as I looked at Gomez. Doing a slow dance I slowly stripped for him. I used my chair for a prop and once I was down to a bra and panties I moved over to him. I am sure he could smell my musky need filling the air. In case he could not, I slid one hand under my panties and entered myself as I straddled him. Pulling out slick fingers, I held them under his nose for his enjoyment before pulling them away and sucking on them. Lowering myself onto his lap I ground my hips against his legs and started kissing and biting his neck.

From behind me I heard Fats voice say, "Please don't do this to her Don Amech."

I was pleasing one of the two men I loved and felt myself approaching an orgasm when I heard Marty address me. "Miss Samantha?

I looked up at him as I felt Gomez removed my bra and fondle my breasts. His touch sent me to the edge of orgasmic pleasure. Arching my back into Gomez's touch, all the while dry humping his leg I looked at Marty and said calmly, "Yes Marty?"

"If you had your choice, what would you do now?"

Not thinking my mouth replied, "Eat a bullet."

"NO Sam..." I heard Fats say. His voice continued as I kept dry humping Gomez and looked at Marty. "Don't do this Don Amech. I'm begging you."

"That's one way to make sure," Marty said. He looked at the pile of clothes on the floor and the pistol hidden in them. "Go ahead then Miss Spade."

Bending forward I kissed Gomez and then stood up. Walking over to my clothes I retrieved the pistol from the shoulder holster. Looking at him I said, "Anything for you Uncle Marty," before putting daddy's .45 into my mouth. Cocking it, I pulled the trigger.

"NO!" I felt the pistol knocked away from my hand just as I pulled the trigger. I looked at Fats as he looked at me in horror. He then turned to Uncle Marty. "No, I allow any number of things here. But killing a friend is out of the question. If you need a death, take me instead. Not her." I had never seen him worked up like that before. For that matter I had not considered him a friend until then.

Marty looked at Fats and then me. Instead of answering Fats plea he said, "You called me Uncle Marty, why?"

Because you and Gomez are like favorite the uncles I never had and I would do anything for you two."

He looked at me funny and then at Fats. Turning to Gomez, Marty said, "I am convinced. We have a deal." Turning back to me he said, "Why don't you grab your things and go lay down and rest dear."

Gathering up my things I looked around and saw that Fats booth was the only place I could lay down. Bundling up my clothes I used them as a pillow and I lay relaxing not worried about anything. A few minutes later Marty came over and taking a checkered tablecloth covered me with it. Tucking it in under my neck he said. "I am honored to have you consider me family Samantha." He sat down by my head and said, "I am sorry you had to go through all this."

Sitting up I bent forward and kissed him and said, "Don't be sorry Uncle Marty, I gained you as family." That I was dressed only in panties still did not bother me at all. I lay back down with my head on his lap and smiled. Vague memories of lying on my father's lap while growing up surfaced and made me feel even more relaxed.

Marty stroked my hair and said, "If only I were twenty years younger..." Before I could reply he changed topic, "You have to be more careful before pulling a weapon Samantha, you let Fats get the drop on you and that is not good."

I giggled, "I knew he would not shoot with that little pea shooter, it was Jimmy who surprised me when he drew on me this morning."

Marty's hand stopped, "Who's this Jimmy character?"

Had I been of right mind I would have brushed his question off. However, at the time he was family and pleasing him meant the world to me, "Jimmy the Geek, he has a little electronics shop filled with booby traps over on South Main."

Easing himself up Marty looked at someone off to the side and said, "Take care of him." He then smiled down at me and added, "You make an old man happy knowing you think of him as family." He paused and added, "Even if it only temporary. Goodbye Miss Spade."

I looked up at him and smiled, "Goodbye Uncle Marty."

It seemed I closed my eyes for only a minute. When I opened them again the restaurant was filled with different people and Fats was sitting off to one side of the booth. Instead of getting up I thought about what had happened and what I had done. On one hand I was shocked that I had acted like a wonton slut, and yet, I felt a certain real fondness for Marty.

Sitting up I clutched the tablecloth around me like a shawl and looked across the table at Fats, "Would you have really taken a bullet for me?" He turned red and sputtered out something about Don Amech would not have shot him. Nodding I leaned forward and touched his hand, "Thank you anyways."

"You're welcome Samantha," he replied.

Pulling my hand away I smiled and added, "Though the next time you point a gun at me," I paused and my smile slid off, "You had better fire fast before I take it and shove it where the sun don't shine."

Instead of looking scared, Fats laughed and said, "Welcome back Spade."

Using the table cloth as a sheet, I got dressed with the exception of the bra. Personally I hated them and was going to be damned if I were going to get into one now. Once I slipped the shoulder holster back in place and put my jacket on I looked at Fats and asked, "Any chance you have something stronger than wine in this dump?"

Fats nodded and snapped his fingers. Instantly one of the waitresses came over. He whispered something in her ear and with a nod she hurried away. He sat there smiling at me as if he were the cat that ate the canary. A little more than minute later the waitress returned with a silver tray. Setting it down on the table she glanced at me and hurried back to work. On the tray was a bottle of whiskey, a glass, Gomez's tin of mints, a folded sheet of paper, and a rose. I looked at Fats and raised an eyebrow.

"Read the note," Fats said smiling even more.

Picking up the note I read it;

Dear Samantha,

Thank you again for making an old man feel young once more. I am sorry you had to be drugged. However, I had do make sure what the gentleman from the south was selling was real. I made a few calls and the young lady you are looking for is working in the house of the rising moon. She is using the name Candy.

I hope this little gesture will allow you to forgive me. If you accept these gifts from your Uncle Marty, then wear the rose in your lapel. If I am nothing more than a bad dream, then do not wear the rose.

Yours,

Marty Amech

I looked at Fats, "Let me guess you read it."

Fats smiled, "I was present when Don Amech wrote it and handed it to me for safe keeping."

Picking up the rose I took in its scent and thought. It was a dirty trick to play on me. However, he did supply Cindy's location and saved me a lot of foot work. Breaking the stem off I tucked the rose into my lapel before taking a drink. I looked at Fats and said, "We all have to do things that we may not care for in business."

Taking a pen out of my jacket pocket I wrote a little note on the paper. "How can your niece ever be mad at her uncle Marty? When I return from New Orleans I would love to see you again." I signed it and stood up. Folding the paper I looked around, I knew Marty had to have left one of his boys around to see if I was wearing the rose.

Sitting at a corner table staring at me was the man I had knocked out when I entered earlier in the day. Looking at Fats I smiled and said, "Thanks for lunch; it was worth it." I tucked the tin of mints into my jacket pocket and walked over to the man.

Looking at him I said, "You were left her to see if I am wearing a rose?"

His only reply was to nod.

"Are you going to see the Don once you leave?" Again he did not speak as he nodded. Leaning forward I handed him the note. "Please make sure Don Amech gets this." He made as if to rip it up when I added, "I wouldn't do that if I were you." I leaned forward and added, "If I don't kill you, the Don will."

He looked at the paper and shoved it into his pocket as he stood facing me, "Youse don't scare me sister."

I shook my head, "I am not your sister." I paused and then added, "I have a present for the Don after he reads the note. I pulled out my bra and handed it to the man, "After Marty reads, give him that as a gift from me." The look of fear that crossed the man's features was classic. I had managed to worry him.

In the morning it was a simple matter of calling Rachel before booking a flight down to New Orleans. As I flew down the vague idea of a plan formed in my mind. I would rent a panel van, hide my looks so no one would be able to describe me and visit the house. Once in Cindy's room I would give her one of the little candies, then we would make our escape out the window and head back home. I knew that my simple plans never quite worked out like I wanted them to so I worked on alternate ideas like going out the back door or making a rope out of sheets.

Renting the van was simple and the fake identification I used passed with flying colors. Since it was still daylight I drove around and got the feel of the city. Other than the one way streets and the lack of ability for making a left turn, it seemed just like any other city I had been in. Parking a block from the cat house, I wandered the streets; I was looking for something to hide my face and change my look. I noticed that many stores sold half face masks with feathers in green and blue. If worse came to worse I could wear one of those but frankly they did not go with the look of a slightly shabby business man from out of town I was trying to achieve.

About five blocks down I saw what I was looking for. It was a craft shop that sold among other things, mask making supplies. In the window I noticed a plain white full face mask with ribbons to hold it in place. It would work perfectly for my needs. Buying it with cash I headed back towards the house just as the sun started to set. I was about half a block from the van when I noticed a store selling hooded cloaks. Going in I bought one real quick and swapped my fedora and trench coat for the hooded cloak.

Around the corner from the front door I put the mask on and walked in as if I belonged. I was met at the door by a beautiful woman wearing little more than a smile. "Good evening Sugar. Can I help you?" She said as she ushered me into the foyer.

Lowering my voice I replied, "I, um, I was wondering if Candy is free." I glanced around the room and noticed a few girls sitting on the couch and a muscle man standing with his arms crossed in the corner.

"Of course Sugar. She is up in room 301," The madam replied. As I started to head up she stopped me and added, "There is a two hundred dollar visiting fee. Anything else you two do is between you two."

"Ohh of course," I replied and pulling out my small wad I peeled off a pair of hundred dollar bills. Handing it to her I made my way up the grand staircase thinking fast. Room 301 was up on the third floor and a simple sheet rope would not work for that far down. We would have to sneak out the back door. Reaching room 301 was up front of the house to the far left.