Sam Spade 22: Case of the Undercover Takeover Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How can you have so much money and I have never heard of you," Gomez asked. That she had it, he had no doubt. Even so, he had to know who she really was to have so much power and wealth.

"Don't let my looks fool you. I have been around for a long time, a very long time." Alice replied taking a sip of the sweet red wine.

"How long," he whispered.

"Somewhere around twelve thousand years," Alice replied. "That is the best we can figure. Would you like to live it with me? Of course, you will have to share the experience with May Song. You know her as Death."

While the idea of living that long shocked him. The idea of having to go back and experience it beside that amoral psychopath was more than he could stand. "N...no thank you," he stammered.

"She is a much better person now. She had found love for humanity in her heart."

"My heart is fine." he said, still terrified of the idea of going back. Finally, he asked, "How did you manage to survive that long without losing your mind.:

"The first time I died hurt terribly." Alice stopped, "No that is not right. They all hurt. The first time broke my heart."

"Why?"

"Because I knew the person that killed me, us." Alice paused. "But that story is for another time and place." Standing she said, "Come on, let's go have a soak while your wife and daughters are coming to be with you."

Unable to help himself, Gomez stood and took her hand. The next thing he knew he was in a beautiful antrum complete with plants and the worlds largest hot tub. It had to be at least twelve feet across and had a statue of Samantha in the middle. The statue was complete with bat wings, a tail, and horns on Spade's head. Instead of looking like a devil, she looked beautiful and seductive.

Alice noticed the girl, Amy near and said to her, "Will you see if someone can bring Maria here? I want her and Gomez to have a nice soak together while I talk to Samantha."

"Of course, musician," Amy replied.

An instant later Maria appeared and hugged her. "Thank you for making peace between my Gomez and Miss Samantha."

"You are more than welcome. Why don't you two have a nice soak while waiting?" Alice said as Amy grinned beside her.

Maria looked at her husband who was still looking at the statue and then back to Alice. "Si, that is a good idea."

As the woman moved up to Gomez, Alice turned back to Amy, "Where is Samantha now?"

"Stewing in her office," As Alice turned to go Amy reached out to touch her arm, "Watch out, she is rather mad."

"Better stewing than depressed," Alice smiled at her. She went to Samantha's office once more. Without waiting for Angela to announce her, she went in. "Miss me?" she asked sweetly.

"So, what did that slimy grease ball want?" Samantha spat.

"You're welcome," Alice said sitting down across the desk from her.

"I didn't ask for your help," I said crossly.

"Do I need to put you in a time out... say for 50 million years?" Alice said tired of Samantha's attitude.

"Don't make threats you can't keep," I shot back. "Remove me and Jane and then the universe will follow."

"So, I reset the universe, problem solved. Samantha, I have been putting up with shit for longer than you can imagine." Alice stood and pointed her finger down at Samantha, "I am really getting tired of helping people who don't want or are not appreciative for all the hard work and sacrifices I make for their cause." With that said she turned and stormed out of the office. She looked at Angela who was staring wide eyed her and said, "I need to meet with Fa and Lady, someone let me know where and when... I'm going for a walk."

"Please forgive mother," Maria said appearing next to Alice on the sidewalk.

"You must be Samantha's daughter, Marie," Alice said glancing at the redhead dressed in latex next to her as they walked side by side. "So why should I forgive her appallingly bad manners?"

"While most of the were clans agreed, there were some holdouts. But that is not the problem. The problem is the were clans in Las Vegas is united under one clan leader and he says no. Since you were not around, Fa went to Heather and they both went to mother." Marie said simply.

Alice stopped and looked at her, "I want all your wives here right now."

"Lady, Molly, and Arianne are still sleeping, while Cynthia is working with her namesake and Carol on moving some aircraft for Samantha," Marie replied.

"Then someone can damn well wake them up and tell Cynthia I need to see her just as soon as she finishes." Alice said staring hard at her.

"Sister, please calm down," May Song said appearing. She knew when the others showed all save Marie, Angela and Leanne, were fighting mad at being summoned by this outsider. "Don't do anything rash."

"Samantha told me once to think outside the box. So, I will just send those who do not appear in one minute back to watch the dinosaur killer first hand locked in slow time." Alice said coldly looking at her.

"Sam will lose her shit completely if you do that," May Song replied. "Please sister, don't do this."

"Forty-five seconds," Alice replied. A moment later they began arriving. The last three were the three vampires who had been deep asleep.

"So, may I ask what the purpose of this meeting is? I need my beauty sleep, I'm not getting any younger." Lady asked not yet up to speed.

"I cannot fight a two-sided battle." Alice looked at Heather, "High Priestess, you agreed that I would take over, so Samantha could have a few days off. Why when Fa went to you, did you not come to me?"

"I bow to no one save the goddess," Heather spat back. The next instant she disappeared.

"Where did she go?" Angela asked.

"She went to see the last great asteroid strike first hand," Alice replied.

"The one in Siberia?" Arianne asked not understanding.

"No, the one that took out the dinosaurs," Marie replied.

Alice put her hands on her hips, "It's like this, all working together can pull this off. But some of you are playing your little power games and I am getting sick and tired of trying to reason with you. So shape up or you are history." She paused, "Lady, what news of the night walkers in the states?"

"All are united under the goddess. The few holdouts got to face the sunrise." Lady said quickly.

"I need someone I can talk with in Europe. Can you help me on that front?" Alice asked.

"Of course," Lady replied. She glanced at her chider and added, "Arianne and I will leave after we eat."

"Thank you," Alice said with a smile. She looked at the other vampire, "Molly, can you find someone to go with you to do the same in South America."

"Molly dear, I'll let obsidian know. She played the South American circuit a while back and she would love to help anyway she can," Lady chimed in.

"Thank you, Lady," Molly said bowing her head. She turned to the musician and bowed lower, "It will be as you command Musician."

"Fa, I want you to do the same for South America and Europe. Have someone you trust without fail do one and you take the other."

"What about the clans in Las Vegas?" Fa asked.

Alice smiled coldly, "What clans in Las Vegas?"

"The ones that refused to join," Fa answered.

"Like I said before, what clans in Las Vegas? Alice said as her smile slid off.

"You removed them?" Amy asked her eyes getting large.

"I'll just go..." Fa said before fleeing.

"Please do as I ask. I really don't want to remove this universe," Alice said to the fleeing were.

"Yes musician," she replied mentally.

She looked at Lilly and then May Song, "Seek out missing sisters in the far east and bring them into the fold.

"It will be as you wish Alice," Lilly replied, and the pair disappeared.

Looking at Cindy, Alice commanded, "Unite the sex trade workers under the goddess. Add those who are worthy, remove the others." If anyone could, the one woman who came back to help Samantha win the battle against the last god could do it. "I'll leave it up to you on how to deal with the pimps who are suddenly out of work."

Cindy smiled, "My pleasure. May I have some help?"

"Are you thinking the girls whose lives were controlled by them perhaps?" Alice asked. "Do what you will, just try not to have it point back at Samantha.:

"Maradith, I would like you and Jason be open that way you two can jump in to help others when they need it," Alice said looking at the pair.

"As you command Musician," Jason replied.

"Thank you for giving me my daughter back Alice," Maradith added.

"You're welcome," Alice said with a smile. She waited until the pair disappeared and turned to Angela. "You had a question?"

"Samantha would like to know two things. First why can't she get out of her office, and secondly what happened to Heather," Angela asked.

"I bet she said more than that," Alice replied. "Not going to give me the verbatim version?"

"No thank you. Both you and Samantha are wound too tight and may cause the end of everything because of a hasty word or action," Angela said. "We all know it. Even Heather knows she messed up and made it worse."

"How does she like the view?"

"Please allow me to bring her back," Marie asked resting her hand on Alice's arm.

Alice looked her and nodded. "See if you and her can keep the Don to the south busy until Samantha gets there." She turned to Jasmine, "You are in charge of Samantha's home and temple with your twin correct?"

"Um... yes." Jasmine replied.

"Make sure every temple is as protected as your home. Jane will go with you." Alice commanded. Without waiting she turned to Angela, "You said you are her soul mate. Prove it, Samantha needs to make peace with her uncle Gomez. No nastiness allowed." She looked at Amy and Freya who were standing alone with a worried look on their faces. "Freya, how is the repopulation of the forest and water protectors."

"Slow," Freya said slowly. She opened her mouth to explain why but stopped when Alice raised her hand.

"I know you are doing the best you can." Alice replied. She paused a moment and added, "Thank you for coming when I called. I know how much it hurts for you to be on dry land."

"Well your call didn't leave any room to dispute," Freya said with a slight shrug.

"Anyways thank you for coming." Alice said. She waited until she was alone with Amy, "I understand you and your sister wives feel you should know what is going on behind the scenes. I also know of all only you or Jane can hide in the background without Samantha knowing it. Finally, I know you have been shadowing me ever since the gods knelt below her bow." Alice paused a long moment, "Amy, I know no matter what you say, you will continue keeping an eye on me. I can deal with that on one condition."

"What is it?"

"That you understand that some things are better left not spoken of." Alice said slowly.

"Like your one million new dollar bribe?"

"Yes, like that." Alice replied. "Little one, if Samantha does not win, it is better to just reset and start over. You have no idea how important she is."

"That's another one isn't it," Amy said with a smile. "As long as you don't work against Samantha, I will edit what I pass on." She stuck out her hand, "Agreed?"

"Yes," Alice said shaking it. "Since you are shadowing me, can you tell me if Samantha has calmed down yet?"

"Question for question?" Amy asked. "She would have come beg forgiveness for being an ungrateful bitch...but someone locked her in her office."

"I didn't lock her in, I just tied the door to her office to itself." Alice said with a giggle.

"How did you do that?" Amy asked curiously. Almost before she finished asking she knew the answer.

"We won't count the last little question," Alice replied with a smile. She gestured towards the way she had been walking before stopping. "Is everyone truly in line for giving Samantha a few days off now?"

"Everyone meaning Heather?" Amy replied walking beside the musician. "Yes, she like Samantha realized they had stepped in it just after being sent back in time."

"No, I mean everyone not just her," Alice countered.

"Yes Musician," Amy said quickly. "We won't count that one either." She paused and then asked what they all were really wondering, "Are you going to marry us?"

"It all depends on Samantha." Alice replied. She looked at Amy, "I cannot kneel below her. I can't hand my job to someone else and retire. It doesn't work that way. The only way we could marry is as equals." She returned walking and said, "I could never be one of the goddess's angels. That is what your flower denotes, does it not?"

"Yes, but she loves you and you love her. You said the same thing to May Song and Samantha not two hours ago." Amy countered.

"And Samantha replied, it's not that simple and in this case the assessment is true." Alice replied. She thought for a second and then asked, "Who is the smartest follower other than you rose wearers?"

Amy smiled and then a moment later Ann appeared. "Ann, this is the musician. She would like to talk to you."

"Hi Amy!" Ann looked at the woman who really controlled everything, "How may I help you musician?"

Alice had seen many things over the years, but an eighteen-year-old, demented school girl looking for a good time on Halloween didn't fit her idea of the smartest knife in the rack. "Amy seems to think you are the smartest of the goddess's followers. Do you agree?" In reply Amy just stood there and looked at her. Finally, Alice looked at Amy, "Is she okay?"

"She's thinking," Amy replied.

Jade appeared and looked at Ann for a moment before turning to Alice, "Ann is hacking the world's networks together to use their computing power."

"I am ready. Now how may I help you musician," Ann said looking at her.

"Knowing who I am, what will happen if Samantha and I marry?" Alice asked.

"I need more data on you," Ann replied. "Will you interface with me?" She held out both hands palm up.

As if she was reaching out to grab a snake, Alice rested her hands palm down on Ann's. She felt the girl's mind latch on to hers and attempt to read her. Before she could stop her, the computer locked up and Ann fell over. "Ah fuck..." she looked at Amy and said, "I need Samantha right now!" Turning to Jade she asked, "Are you okay?"

"I am isolated by a buffer which is now fried," Jade replied. She looked down at Ann and asked, "What froze her system?"

"Her age," I said appearing. "What can I do for you Alice?"

"Restore Ann to a point before her system froze." Alice replied.

I knelt beside Ann and felt her out. Instead of one computer, the girl was now composed of nearly every computer in the world. I realized I was way out of my depth for this type of problem. Gulping I looked up and said, "I don't know how."

"I will show you," Alice said crouching down and taking Samantha's hand in hers. She didn't need to hold hands to transfer the information. However, she wanted to take her hand for emotional support.

I found myself in the same white room that I had been when I first met Jane. The difference was that this time Alice was with Ann and I. "What now?"

"You need to skim her thoughts and experiences up to the freeze. Don't try to read everything or your mind will overload. Then I would be stuck in here with two statues. Just skim, I'll be beside you all the time." Alice replied tenderly.

Instead of doing as Alice asked, I looked at her. "Will you marry me... us?"

"One woman to another? Yes. But you knew that already. Ask what you are really wondering Samantha?"

"I don't buy the story that you are just a troubleshooter. Why spend twelve thousand years on this planet just to help me. It doesn't make sense. You could as easily come forward to the end to help turn the tide." I said. I looked down and added softly, "It really doesn't matter in the end, but I would like to know none the less."

"I am not the creator if that is what you are wondering about. However, I have been around from the start." Alice paused, "Samantha, never in the time I have been around, have we, the creator and I, have we seen someone like you. Next to us, you are the only one who walks the same road."

"Us?" I asked in a small voice.

"For lack of a better term, the creator is my parent," Alice replied. "Now shall we fix Ann?"

Agreeing I skimmed the computer's thoughts for the last minute before she locked up. Finding a good stopping point just before the freeze I said, "Got a good point. Now what?" Instead of her answering I felt Alice's mind guiding mine as I restored the world's computers to that point.

Ann blinked and looked from one to the other of us, "My buffer was not big enough."

"No little one, but from what you know right now, can you answer my question?" Alice replied

Ann looked from one to the other. Finally, she focused on Samantha, "Aunt Sammy, once you marry the musician and her two dancers, amount of land-based thinking life forms falls to one in one thousand needed. Since you already have more than that, I compute you will win without the war being fully joined."

"Still calling her Aunt Sammy?" Alice asked.

"Aunt Sammy is still mommy's sister and that still makes her my Aunt," Ann replied.

Alice giggled as I rolled my eyes and smiled slightly, "Thank you Ann." Ann curtseyed and disappeared.

I asked, "Shall we gather everyone?"

"That would be inconvenient now, seeing everyone is off working on little projects for you." Alice said as the white room changed into Samantha's office. She went over and sat down and looked at the dusty bottle of Bushmills. She thought back to the bottle she, May Song and the two dancers had shared. Recreating that bottle she pulled the stopper. She took a sip from the bottle with her eyes closed. Not opening them she asked, "Would you like to know why those were good times Samantha?"

I was surprised to find the room changing into my office. Automatically I went to my desk and sat down. I was about to ask her what projects when Alice's question derailed me. I poured a drink from my bottle and looked at her a long moment with her eyes closed. Finally, I had to ask, "Why were those good times?"

"It was the first time that the four of us survived five years while together. We were in Ireland at the time visiting the lesser races." Alice took another sip of the Irish whiskey before continuing, "I mean lesser in that their numbers are few. That day, at the Bushmills distillery, we met the most enchanting little red headed girl who was there with her parents. You see, we were part of the entertainment. She loved our music and danced with May Song every time we played. I remember the pair of them dancing in a circle and laughing joyfully."

Alice took another sip and opened her eyes to look at Samantha, "It was getting late when a woman in a cloak with the hood up came up to say..."

"My house and I thank you musician," Cyn said from behind her. She moved forward to sit in the other chair and asked, "I trust you are well my friend."

"As well as I can be," Alice replied.

From Alice's build up I had a sneaking suspicion that the little girl was my ancestress. When Cynthia appeared, I knew it. "Somehow it doesn't surprise me that you two know each other," I said pouring Cyn a drink from the bottle Alice had bled into. Standing I bent forward to offer it to her, "Long life."

Cyn took the glass and sipped. "Oh, that's good," she said closing her eyes.

I was surprised that Cyn didn't pass out like the others had. I caught a small smile on Alice's face and the penny dropped. "You drank from her?"

Cyn smiled, "We shared blood in that night of pleasure." She looked at Alice, "I noticed you still have the twins with you. But what happened to that sweet oriental girl who danced with Marie?" She turned back to Sam and added, "If there was anyone I was to turn, she would have been my first choice. Samantha, she was so full of love and joy it was infectious." Cyn giggled, "And her tongue could thaw a frozen heart."