Sam Spade 22: Case of the Undercover Takeover Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I bowed to each as Alice introduced them. Since he was closer, I walked over to stand before Djorr. "It is my pleasure to meet you guardian," I said offering him my hand in friendship.

Clasping the goddess's hand in his, Djorr said in a deep rumbling voice, "We, of the underground, side with you Goddess."

Just as I had done with the whales, I read him and then changed all his race so that they became my followers. To him I said aloud, "Read from the book of knowledge and be welcome." I added the same cautions about its use and sharing it.

We will not fail you Goddess," Djorr replied as the knowledge flowed into his mind. Suddenly he heard a voice in his mind, "Use this to protect my sister." He blinked a few times and then said, "On my life and the lives of my clan, we will." He pulled her into a hug and said, "You can count on us."

"I know I can Djorr," I said softly as he let me go. I would have to have Jasmine check if he cracked any ribs after that bone crushing hug he gave me. Turning I walked across the water to hug and say hello to the queen mother of the whales and pod leaders. Making my way to the banshee, I bowed to her and said, "Hail and well met Chinel, queen of the guardians of holy sites."

"Not much of a queen. I am the last of my kind, Goddess." Chinel said in a musical voice.

"You don't have to be the last," I replied. I looked towards Freya and then back towards the banshee. "Just as I am helping Freya in repopulating the spirits of the waters, I would be happy to help you in repopulating the spirits of holy sites."

"You can do this?" Chinel asked. She looked at the musician, "Can she do that?"

"Chinel... Sister... If that is what you wish, the goddess can help you just like she helped me," Freya said.

"Let me help you," I said offering my hands palm up to her. "Together, we can bring your race back from the brink."

Chinel floated over and rested her palms against the goddess's. Instantly she knew how to make others of her kind, all she needed was to find a way for aspirants to come to her. "All I need is to do now is find those who can sing and love architecture."

"You can set up your ruins at my temple or we can make a portal to your ruins for those who wish to apply to come to you," I replied with a smile. "Freya chose the first option. But do what is best for you, not anyone else."

"Would you ask Heather if she could come? Samantha will need her to help Chinel no matter what she chooses." Alice said softly to Amy.

A moment later Heather showed up and with a glance at Alice, hurried over to Samantha. "How can I be of service goddess?"

I was surprised to see Heather show up before I asked. "Heather is my high priestess. Heather this is Chinel, the leader of the guardians of holy places. She is having the same problem that Freya had. Will you help her and my followers who can sing and love architecture get together?"

"Of course," Heather replied. She went over to the spirit, took her hand and the pair disappeared.

As Samantha turned to Alice, Alice said, "Ah, I see my dancers and May Song are back with Ardan." She paused, "Goddess, may I present Ardan, the rightful leader of the guardians of the fields and lowlands."

"It is a pleasure to meet you," a small man dressed in green said. "If for nothing else than being let free of that damn tree," he added after a second with a smile.

Turning towards the little man, I put on a big smile, "It was my pleasure, that upstart was unpleasant to say the least." Crossing over to him I continued, "I am also known as Sam Spade. The musician called this gathering so that I may ask you and yours to join me in the fight against darkness. If, you decline, I understand. More important than anything else, you must be true to yourself. I cannot stress that enough."

"We would like to join yea if it's all the same with you," Ardan replied with a smile as he offered his hand.

I smiled as I took his hand. In that instant I read him and his race. Just as I had done with Djorr, I made him and his race my followers and gave him the book of knowledge. Aloud I said, "Read from the book of knowledge."

Ardan blinked as his mind was filled with knowledge on how to shape the world around him. He heard a woman's voice say, use this to protect my little sister. "On my life and my clan, I will," he replied to the goddess. "Might I have Fynn back? I have a certain tree I would love to have him visit for three or four hundred years."

"Of course," I replied. "Amy..." Before I could ask her, she had the younger man by the arm. His arrogance seemed to have been burnt off him.

"Here you go goddess," Amy said cheerfully.

"Thank you dear," I replied. Looking at Fynn, I added, "Be glad Ardan wanted you back, I would have just tossed you into the sun."

Alice looked at the remaining people and then said softly, "Thank you all. Let the circle be broken." One by one she bowed to each as they disappeared.

I looked at the others and asked, "Why don't you all head back. Alice and I will be along in a few." I waited until we were alone before walking over to her. As I walked I said, "I know I am not the easiest person to get along with and can be stubborn as a mule. But I would be honored if you married me." Standing before Alice I dropped to one knee and offered her a simple ring with a small diamond, "Will you be my wife?"

This was the moment that Alice had been looking forward to and dreading. Looking away she said softly, "There is something you need to know... About me I mean. I'm..."

Standing, I put my hand over Alice's mouth to stop her. "I already know, and it doesn't matter." I took her hand in mine and slid the engagement ring on her finger. "Marry me, us."