All Comments on 'Same Old Song and Dance Ch. 03: Conclusion'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 204 Comments
SyrustheVirusSyrustheVirusalmost 9 years ago

I will give you credit for attempting to think outside the box, but will be brutually honest and tell you that this last part ruined the story.....its like that movie Ready to Rumble staring David Arquette.... The horrible one where two friends believe wrestling is real. Anyway there is a scene in the movie where Arquette's character is drinking a smoothie, and he was supposed to share it with his friend. To make amends he shoves his finger up his ass and asks the clerk for a new smoothie. When the clerk ask him how he could drink it he replies "I struggled through most of it, but the butt fruit just kind of settled at the bottom." That quote sees like an appropriate description of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Yuck

This story went down. It depends on which side of the equator you live on as to which direction it swirled.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
ending lost me

The ending lost me. For a guy that was so opposed to cheating to take it up himself (?), just months after made no sense to me.

However, still excellently written as usual and you made the son/gf reuniting believable and sweet.

Looking forward to your next offering.

impo_61impo_61almost 9 years ago
Unexpected and twisted ending...

This is an unexpected and twisted ending!!! And I agree with some comments: A man that was so against cheating, would never cheat, even more in his own house...3* for the whole story...2* for this part...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I'll bet...

most of your detractors drive Toyota or Kia. Love the tale and the writing is great.

Fuddpucker

Reader67Reader67almost 9 years ago
Where have you hidden the Real SS06?

Sorry, for the first time ever I have voted below a 4, as usual very well written but the ending.... Reconciliation is fine if it's done properly, in the case of Kira & Terry, I can get passed that the conversation that Terry overheard isn't quite how Kira explains it but I can live with that. But the Greg,Donna & Tara scenario, no way, might just be me but how do you overcome a woman that has been messing around your back so long that you have raised 2 unknown lover's kids ? On a report card this would be a D for me.

SpykkeSpykkealmost 9 years ago
I enjoyed the saga a great deal until...

I got to the completely absurd ending. It just doesn't fit. Shame.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I was less than thrilled, this time. In a more realistic world.....

Tara and Greg would have gone to a specialist and gotten her treated for her condition. With good care, time and mutual commitment, sex for Tara could become as wonderful as for anyone else.

Bringing the slut back into their bedroom had to be more than devastating for Tara and a humiliation for Greg. You made the case against her too well, and Greg's response, while understandable was too strong for him to reasonably allow the ex into his home. Certainly, under no damn circumstances into his bed.

So you kind of lost me there.

The skank's dogged insisting that they will be a couple again is cross-grain to the very fiber of the man she says she loves. Obsessive-narcissistic-nymphomaniac syndrome, I think is how they might describe her. Determined and insane, is how I would describe her. And why, oh why did Greg succumb to Tara's pleas of desperation? Why didn't he insist she seek out a medical specialist to at least look into her condition? Why didn't Tara before now? And finally, why didn't they commit the bitch when she was shown to be a danger to society? Bad form, SS06.

SplitAcesSplitAcesalmost 9 years ago
Should have quit at The End.

You had 5 stars at that point. The epilogue ruined it. Total bullshit!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Competition with JPB?

Does SS06 competition with JPB to mix BTB with RAAC in his story collection?

SS06 writes recollection stories after some BTB or Consequence stories from time to time but less dense than JPB does..................

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
One star because no zero stars.

Gotta wonder if Stang has totally lost it. Use to be the best author on this site. Now has become one of the "wanna be." Too bad.

dyonysosdyonysosalmost 9 years ago
SS06

And by this time they were far into theyr 50 or even over 60 years old,i have the strange impression that SS06 is yanking our chain just like JPB does most of the time

dinkymacdinkymacalmost 9 years ago
Good read.

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Couldn't

Finish this garbage, you've hit a new low low SS06!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Why?

Why add an epilogue that didn't fit the storyline and ruined any appreciation of the rest of the story? Did someone hack the authors account or something?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Terrible Ending

You turned the husband into a hypocrite! He stood by his morals and did the right thing up to the end, until the epilog.

You did much better with character development and broke the mold of your usual stories, but bombed the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
So many typos

I like all of your stories, even though they are longer than necessary, but this one hit a new high in typos.

I have a similar background to yours as far as U of M, Eastern, SE Michigan, etc. but just using a spell check in Word or a similar program would make me enjoy the tour of my younger years via your stories better. My wife and I have managed 52 years of marriage and have not cheated on each other, but I am getting older and somewhat dyslexic when I type --- but not nearly as much as you do.

It would make some of your loyal readers happier if you didn't mess up the flow of your work with typos and grammar errors.

But keep your writing coming. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
W T Fucking F

This was just too fucking weird... I'm done...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
the worst ending I could have imagined and totally didnt like the change in characters

once a whore always a whore, just depends on when, what, who, and why

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007almost 9 years ago
Terrible

The end of this story was frustrating, unsatisfying and smelled worse than skunk shit!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Nope!

Yours worst.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Basura

Un final de mierda

SuddenThunderSuddenThunderalmost 9 years ago
Right down into the crapper DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME ON THIS SHIT

A lot of pages... not much writing. I should have gone with my instincts and skipped this one. I would have done better reading Car & Driver. The characters are mere cardboard cutouts.

SS06 just got unfavorited. If your new editor made story suggestions... get another editor.

javmor79javmor79almost 9 years ago
Well, I asked for something different

And I got it. I'm not with the majority on this one Stang Star. You definitely stepped out of your box. Of all of the endings possible, I NEVER saw this one coming. I for one liked it. Now that I see that you have potential for something different, I will give your stories a gander when I see your name in the author field. You definitely didn't appeal to the masses with this one as you do with most of your stories, but I for one respect it and I commend you for it. If it means anything to you, you definitely upgraded your status in my humble opinion.

I wasn't going to read this chapter, but the comments made me take a look at it. I'm glad I did. It is a rare occasion that I am surprised, but you did it. Congrats!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
WOW...............

Well that was certainly a very "unique" contribution, very much different than his usual stuff but it is what it is and I ain't gonna bitch. Hopefully this was a "one off" scenario for being this "unique" in this direction.

Keep 'em coming Stang!

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
PLEASURE AND PAIN

and enough to go around for all. TK U MLJ LV NV

gara5289gara5289almost 9 years ago

What an ending; talk about an eventual crash and burn. How could you not mention to someone that you aren't interested in sex AT ALL before getting married, especially when you've already lost 3 husbands over it? It's sad to say but I think Donna has it right - especially when he finds out it was arranged. All that guilt is gonna blow up and either both lose him (most likely) or Donna as he gets pissed at being manipulated again.

I do like how you resolved the kids issues.

looking4itlooking4italmost 9 years ago

I do not believe the Greg you spent so much time creating would have agreed to the duality lifestyle he lives in now nor would Debbie agree to have her "mother" live under the same roof even if she believed it be a living hell. Nor do I believe that after everything that happened before she is still naïve enough not to figure out what is happening now. What the fuck would that do to a teenager (another reason not to see how the epilogue works). An asexual person wouldn't need to have anyone to "cuddle" either, that is simply a convenience to force the epilogue.

Stereotypical psycho-sociopath wife whose viewpoint of the world revolves specifically around her profound self-centered needs. I really don't think Kira's story really needed the suggestion of alcohol or drugs, the simple fact of being lonely and worked by a well rehearsed player was sufficient reasoning for the slip. Being young, separated and unmarried was enough for me to accept that reconciliation.

This posting was error ridden. I'm not really a grammar nazi but the number of mistakes really began to take away from the reading the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
promising story

but had to give it a 2 due to the ending..... How the hell you could have him even allowing her back into the house, and having sex with a woman who cheated on him over 20 years and produced two other men's kids is beyond on me. Then you have Greg cheating on his wife (yes she knows about it but supposedly he doesnt know that she does)... the way you ended it makes me believe that Donna and Greg probably will get back together fully which makes no sense

cpetecpetealmost 9 years ago
Never saw that coming!

but when all the blood rushes out of the big head, Gregs actions are possible.

He had sex with ex-wife (before she was ex) for decades, whats a few more times?

Like a fly drowning in honey.

5*

JounarJounaralmost 9 years ago
1* Would the real StangStar06 please come back

because this was one of your worst efforts ever. I really wonder if this story was a collaboration between Stang and BarneyR, as the epilogue was an instant one star for all 3 parts for completely shitting on the characters you built up over the entire story and very un-Stang like. Greg turning into a cheater and Tara being asexual make zero fucking sense.

Didn't like the drunk/blackmail angle for Kira as it wasn't mentioned for most of her story arc nor did she never mentioned it to anyone during any conversation she had. When her mom grilled her over her actions and how relaxed she was when seen with her fuckbuddy, doesn't gel in any way with the cop out reason the reader gets to hook her back up with Tony.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
You totally fucked up this story

This was the worst crap you have ever written. Totally unbelievable and just totally crazy shit at the end of the story. Started reading first and last sentences just to get it over with. You use to write great stories dont go gay on us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
One star for this one

I know you love your Mustangs, but all that bolthead techno-babble is just a distraction and does nothing for the story. This final chapter sucks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
the stang

has ceased to tell the good tales of old.

2 star stang it is of lately.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistalmost 9 years ago
Yawn

It never ceases to disappoint, the way that so many commenters just base their opinion on whether or not they got the ending that they wanted. The quality of the characters, the punch of the storytelling, the immersibility of the tale...no, it only comes down to "did I get exactly the ending I wanted? Did he dump her and move on while she suffered a living purgatory? Was I kept safely cocooned in my anger and fear?"

This story still suffers from a few of your usual weak spots...most notably a seeming inability to craft believable women characters...but there were qualities here represent an attempt (and some level of success) at branching out. Regardless of whether or not people are sulking about not getting THEIR way at the end of YOUR story...that exploration both speaks well of your intentions to grow, and demonstrates that you already have.

As for the grumblers, ignore them...their intractability and inability to handle anything more than the one idea is as unmasculine and cowardly as any Matt Moreau character.

sdc97230sdc97230almost 9 years ago
Don't know about this one

Tara should be applauded for being willing to get a second warm body in to meet Greg's needs that she's not capable of filling, but choosing Donna, his cheating whore ex for the job? Between putting Donna in a place where she thinks she's got a shot at taking Greg back from her and the high risk of infection (because Donna isn't going to be any more capable of only having sex with Greg now that she was before), seems like a terrible choice to me. It also amazes me that Greg can stand to even touch the slut.

As for Terry, we can only cross fingers and hope that a few years down the line he isn't cursing his dad out because the results of the DNA tests on the children he's raising with Kira haven't told him that Greg persuaded him to follow in his footsteps.

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 9 years ago
****

Couple of things stopped it from being really good.

1. To complex for the limited length. Needed to be a novel.

2. To many "oh by the way let me interject a quick item {here}".

3. The Mustang aspect just drizzled away......

Consolidate it, lengthen it and fix the mixed up interaction.

Then post on SOL. 😎

DepopuloDepopuloalmost 9 years ago

So... skimmed quick... oh look dad helped cheating girl get his kid back and then ends up fucking the cheating whore again....

so this isnt just self cuck x2 this is self cuck x2 with father helping the son self cuck.... wow star i thought you had sunk to your low but shit you went even lower... this isnt even a 1 star pile of shit.. this is one of those things that requires a time machine for me to step back a couple of mins to bitch smack myself in the past for even thinking of clicking the link and in so doing forgetting ever having seen a word of this shit....

rating.... 1star for every story starcuck has ever written anywhere... starcuck find your balls and glue them back on

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Weird tale ... interesting, but weird

It may seem crazy but if you live long enough you see just about everything happen. I remember when I was in college in the 1960's we actually joked "That may happen when The Stones come to Clemson" ... like "when pigs fly" or "when hell freezes over" ... but I eventually took my teenagers to The Steel Wheels Tour in Death Valley. So, while this doesn't qualify as a "slice of life piece," it probably has happened before. But its just so strange. Good job, master raconteur StangStar06, and thanks for the free read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
SS06

The title was too accurate. Rarely have I wanted one of your stories to be shorter, but this one seemed to go nowhere and took too long to get there. The super nun stories, the time traveling daughter story or the professor/student story had me wishing for more even when I re-read them. Fleshed-out formulaic story lines, even with a "twist" at the end are less then I've come to look forward to from you.

avidfaavidfaalmost 9 years ago
Great story

You keep challenging yourself to write ever more complex stories, and you keep getting better at the prose, the intertwined plot, the characters, the humor, and the number of Mustangs you can juggle.

I really liked the parallel plots, and look forward to you exploring more of that thing in the future.

For those of you who haven't noticed, the crux of an SS06 story is that the cheating wife lives to regret her actions and desperately misses the guy she cheated on. When my first wife and I divorced by mutual consent that we really wanted different things out of life, she essentially wiped me out of her mind like the Russians used to rewrite history after a purge. I was gone, she actually told people she could barely remember being with me and absolutely couldn't remember why we got to together in the first place. And we were together from age 14 to 24. Even though I was gone by my own choice, being erased like that still stings decades later. In Stang's stories, the upright, hard-working unappreciated guy winds up being the most attractive spouse candidate not only to his wife, but to all of her friends. I would have liked to have been missed, at least a little, rather than just to have been psychically thrown out with the rest of the food scraps. I like this aspect of his moving on stories--he winds up moving on much better than she does (in contrast to Matt's stories where just the opposite occurs.)

I've never been a fan of SS writing in the first person as a woman, I just have a hard time buying it, but I have to admit that even this is getting better. What I would like to see is for his wife to write the women for a couple of stories and then have him take over little by little until he really got to where his women sound like women (compare to amyyum's or CamillaHumby's stories to see how far from girlish women his female narrative voice really is).

Personally, I wasn't a big fan of the ending, but I think the point of it is that SS is reaching beyond the perfect cardboard cutout white knight protagonist that has been at the center of so many of his stories. Here, for the first time I can recall, the white knight is actually cheating on his wife (although I would suspect he caught onto the game and is just playing it as they set it up). But, in several ways in this story he has begun to entertain the notion that perhaps life, and the each of us who live it, is somewhat more complex with more moral ambiguity than the cheated on heart feels it to be. This bodes well for continued growth in his future writing.

rjm2rjm2almost 9 years ago
SS06, Dude.... what were you thinking?

I truly like all of your stories, I even liked this one, right up to the epilogue. Then it took a nose dive. I could have done without it. Wish I hadn't read it. It just totally blasted this story, into nothingness. I look forward to your next submission, hope it isn't like this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Aww hell naw

Fuck it, fuck this shitty story, you have truly disappointed this time SS06.

One star.

Jesus fucking Christ, I realize you can't do the same thing over and over, but this is just fucked up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
WTF

This was a great story until the last few pages, it seems as if you didn't know how to end the story so you gave it a piece of shit ending, to say the ending was idiotic is being polite. You really should rewrite the ending it's embarrassing the way you ended it.

LaneBagginsLaneBagginsalmost 9 years ago
Had To Put In The Epilouge

I've always enjoyed your stories and have never rated under a 5 on all of them because you gave us a beginning, story and then an ending with an enjoyable travel from start to finish. This story almost did that until you put in that epilogue which totally destroyed the characters, introduced things totally unmentioned in the story and changed the meaning of the whole story. It was like I spent hours reading only on the last page have you say forget everything and here's how it really went.

One other thing, you are starting to get bad at repeating dialogue and going over the same stuff you've mentioned earlier. It gets rather boring after a while. There were several pages I was able to skim and not miss anything because it had already been said before.

Even the Great Babe Ruth struck out once in a while. Accept that the ending for this one did not work. Get back in there and keep batting and I look forward to the next one.

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
an epilogue too far

the epilogue added nothing positive. In fact everything beyond The End took away from the rest of the integrity of the story and the people in it.

Greg didn't like cheaters and became one.

And, what is the point of having an editor if the final piece has so many sloppy errors?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Been Hacked?

Might need to change your password there Stang it seems as if someone got hold of the last chapter and added a totally different to the rest of the story Epilogue onto the saga that doesn't refelct in any way shape or form the preceeding story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
@avidfa

No he doesn't. He writes the same story over and over, sure with different character names and situations, but essentially the same story, which is a fucking shame because the guy can write! I just wish he'd branch out and do a group sex one or an incest one or a fucking-anything-but-a-cheating-wife-one you know?

The ending on this one was fucking crap though, Stang, you can't have it both ways!

SuddenThunderSuddenThunderalmost 9 years ago
Did barney write the epilog and slip it in there when you weren't looking?

because it is sure out of character for you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
dumb ending

It was a decent story until the end.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 9 years ago
Fun

Different, odd, strange, damn entertaining. Definitely did not see the ending coming. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Sometime SS06 likes to write a little fable satyre............

A praise for the lack of double standard to many BTB fan readers!

Many women apologist of cheating tell about the not too good home sex as the cause of the cheating to ask for understanding......instead of divorce.

Stang wrote a story where the the male main character behaves as cheater wives which behavior is protected by the women apologysts of the cheating wives.

Not family discussion or simple divorce without cheating but the husband changes his wife a cuckqueen with his first skank wife.

The cassical situation what the women apologists of the cheater wives but here the situation is up side down.

Good fable satyre.

Laudative readers can not see the story is a good fable satyre and those readers whose negative opinion can be seen well (the BTB supporters) also can not see the story's fable satyre colore.

Besides my fainting for my reader fellows did not recognize the satyre in SS06's text I am glad my BTB strory supporter fellows have not DOUBLE STANDARD!

Duna

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Lousy Dialogue

While I didn't particularly like the ending, I'll give the author credit for, as some have called it, "thinking outside the box." The problem for me was the horrible dialogue between the characters. It sounded like some teenage romance.

If someone in Donna's situation knew the money was going to run out in 5 years, they would sign up for classes at the local community or vocational college to learn a marketable skill. Of course Terry had to have, and naturally win another fight. Talk about overkill! It's not enough that he beats up the retired bus driver and retired sewer worker, not once but twice. Oops, almost forgot about Lana's ex boyfriend. No wait he beat him up twice.What was that, 6 fights in one story? Or was it 8? Oh hell, I give up. I lost count of all the fights. A horrible, horrible story all around, from a talented writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
sad sad loss.

you used to write good stuff. but sadly seemed to have lost the plot. This rambled on and on for pages and pages. it was neither realistc, plausible,erotic, inspiring, nor interesting. A big disappointment. But hey it did not cost me a dime so thanks for the time you spent.

gdjohn52gdjohn52almost 9 years ago

Feel like I just finished a Tom Clancy novel. Very entertaining, A great story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

I really didn't like the twist at the end, but the writing kept me engaged all the way to the end. ****

Bd4554Bd4554almost 9 years ago
Very strange ending

I have nearly always really enjoyed SS06's stories, but this one is a real head scratcher. The ending is nothing short of bizarre. I guess no one can be expected to bat 1.000.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 9 years ago
DUNA what the fuck are yoiu talking about you Moron?

with every post you sound like the world's biggest douche bag

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 9 years ago
what a complete waste of time. SS06 dude just stop writing

Look the fact that each chapter is 5 6 or 7 pages long doesnt mean there SS06 has finally figured out how to do better character development .

The ENTIRE ending is so bad it is actually . The PREMISE of the story is that Greg marriage /trust to Donna was broken by her scheming and manipulations.

For Greg to get married to a woman who HATES sex ...who has lost 3 other marriages over it ...and not tell him about her issues with sex... is just another scheme.. a manipulation but as women to hurt Greg.

At the very least its says in loud and clear Voice " greg you are not #1 in my life "

and the solution ... returning to bed of the ex wife who is clearly mentally ill Obsessive narcissist makes even less sense

MitchFraellMitchFraellalmost 9 years ago
I always enjoy SS06's stories

That conclusion was most unexpected! Creative writing at its most creative.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

I DO NOT THINK ANY OF YOU GET THE POINT I HOPE HE IS TRYING TO MAKE. I PERSONALLY ENJOY STANGS STORIES BUT I AM GETTING TIRED OF HIS FORMULA. WELL OFF GUY, WOMAN WHO LOVES HIM BUT FOR SOME REASON CANNOT KEEP HER LEGS CLOSED. MUSTANG MAN DISCOVERS WOMAN IS AN PEARSON WHO CAN HAVE SEX FOR SEX SAKE WITH MANY PEOPLE BUT EMOTIONALLY BELIEVE THE MAN IS THE ONE. MAN STORMS OFF LEAVING WOMEN IN THE DUST. ALL THE AN SUDDEN ANOTHER WOMEN SHOWS UP AND MAN AND SECOND WOMEN RIDE OFF TOGETHER INTO THE SUNSET WHILE THE WOMAN WHO STARTED IT ALL IS FORGOTTEN. DONE OF STANG WOMEN GET ANY COMPASSION. AT LEAST TIME TIME WHILE THE WIFE GETS THE SHORT END OF THE STICK AT LEAST SHE GETS SOMETHING. STANG I LIKE THIS STORY YOU DESERVES 4 STARS BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING DIFFERENT. KEEP IT UP SWITCH UP EVERY NOW AND THEN. NOW IS ONLY YOU COULD SAY IT SHORTER

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Just bad

This is the worst story you have written. For shame!

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124almost 9 years ago
Enjoyed it and had to finish it, so I went to SOL to get the ending.

A comment from LaneBaggins was made about the Epilogue messing the whole story up. I disagree. I feel that this is the most sensible ending. Everybody get's what they want in the end (somewhat). I hate reading about the wife/heroine for pages and pages, form a bond, a feeling, and a pathos for her, and then she is dropped alone in the desert to die, like some do with unwanted pets.

Donna says, "What no one has noticed is that I've gotten over the need to have sex with anyone other than my husband. And yes I still call him that because that's what he was, is and always will be." She is absolutely true, because what God joins together, they are not be split assunder. Legal divorce papers and decrees don't change in God's eyes. You could say he has two wives, legally. One on paper, and one to meet his sexual needs.

5 *'s on all three parts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Outside the Box

Not your normal sort of story. That's not to imply you write the typical sorts of stories repeatedly. But this was unusual. Some parts were interesting and engaging . Some characters were intriguing and I found myself identifying with them. But Donna was way, way out there and the epilog was unnecessary.

None the less, thank you for the fun read.

Please keep writing!

aptonthe503aptonthe503almost 9 years ago
Outside the Box

Not your normal sort of story. That's not to imply you write the typical sorts of stories repeatedly. But this was unusual. Some parts were interesting and engaging . Some characters were intriguing and I found myself identifying with them. But Donna was way, way out there and the epilog was unnecessary. 

None the less, thank you for the fun read.

Please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Not all USA!

@ honeylicker She was wife once to him, but it is over with the divorce. A cheater ex wife who made bastards why is wife forever. Unfortunatally the ex husbands only do not pay children support for bastards in a few states in the USA and not in the all USA!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A little explanation to HarryInVa from Duna

1. A read a lot of cheating apology from women in LW's comment section and read cheating apology stories. Instead of talking about the sexual problems in their marriage OR DIVORCING the low sexual performance husband they chose to cheat (in stories) or support this cheating behavior in the comment section.

O.K. I understand the true root cause the (low sexual performance) husbands are good life ticket source.

2. It may be SS06 did not know how he ended this story but this up side down LW cheating solution is a very good fable satire solution at the end. The main character's second wife is a low sexual performance wife and the husband cheats on her with his exwife. The wife and the ex wife do an agreement so this story is a up side down wife share/cuck story or cuckQueen husbandshare story.

3. I am glad the readers do not like this solution.........no double standard from the BTB crowd. The most BTB readers do not like this end.

Seeker1107Seeker1107almost 9 years ago
Epilogue was not needed

story was great up to that point. Tara is now turned into a shit because she failed to disclose her problem. There is therapy for it that she could have tried instead of turning her husband into a cheater.

His first wife was demented like the cooks wife just not as violent. Like I said Tara should have gone to therapy and or a doctor to seek treatment, not turn to the ex and make him a cheater now. Good luck in the next story. This one was fairly well written right up until that epilogue. And the youngest child, while I can understand her resentment really needed to be in therapy. Hell, after a screwup like what went on there I would have moved to another city. If for no other reason than to get the youngest out of the line of fire as well as to get away from all the "friends" that basically fucked him over.

Yes this is fiction but even that has its limits!!!

MattressThrasherMattressThrasheralmost 9 years ago
The Epilogue ruined a good story

I think you tried to hard on this one. The story was going along fine until the end and then you had Donna and Greg ended up together even after he marries the hottest woman in town. You should have left out the epilogue. Or for a twist have them find out Kara is really a half sister to Terry. Now that would have made for some real interesting situations.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Careful storytelling; then cyclonic epilogue

A very good read with some holes. Just how a wife could behave in such a way in a town of 600 without hubby and children and church and everyone knowing is beyond believability. Tara was foreshadowed way early; there was a long wait for her to get with our hero. You certainly had fun with the parallel father and son stories with each dealing with infidelity; and you mapped a differing course for each. I am not sure I believed the son could get over all of it and move on with his old GF, but you gave it a good effort....And now, the Epilogue: This should have been a separate optional 4th chapter. It did not integrate well and was wildly unexpected. But I am sure you hugely enjoyed shaking up your readers and irascible commenters with the wild twist. I can imagine your brain lit up and a smirk on you face turned into a huge smile as you generated the final passages. Yes, you foreshadowed a lot of the conventional story; then you removed the safety net and had us all doing aerials trying to keep up with the crazy twists and turns at the end. Unbelievable. Unwise. But a brave show that life happens; and crazy shit along with it. What a hoot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Another dumber than dumb wife story with a horrible ending

Why do you write only about dumb female cheaters? Your epilogue really killed this long story. He marries the beautiful Tara after divorcing his cheating wife, then fucks his ex to get his rocks off because his new bride does not like sex. Where did this come from , she was married 3 times and knew her problem, just makes no sence. Dumbest finish I ever have read.

PhilyabuttPhilyabuttalmost 9 years ago
Not your usual standard

I'm a big fan of your stuff, but in some cases as in this one you seem to either run out of steam or rush the ending. In this case the ending actually ruined the whole story with its unlikely turn of morality for the main character.

You also desperately need a new editor. So many errors in spelling and grammar that I lost count. If it's the job of the editor to proof read and then correct all mistakes I'm pretty sure yours didn't actually read the story in the first place let alone make any corrections at all. I'm a DB9 fan anyway, worlds hottest car ever.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Good story but the ending was a disaster

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Shouldn't this story be in the Humorous section? I mean, its a joke, right?

Seldom has so many words been written about so little substance, regarding insignificant people and a pointless plot. It was ridiculous. You wasted both of our time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Stop using the word "literally"

Time and again you have shown that you don't grasp its meaning nor proper use.

I understand the resentment that he felt about the older children not being his, but he should have just walked away from them and not taken revenge on them. After all, they had no choice in the matter. Instead he manipulated his son back into a relationship with a cheating slut. Will there be an addendum detailing the horrors he will be visiting on Sherry?

retmstrretmstralmost 9 years ago
**

Yep. The epilog fucked up the whole story. I spent a few hours and read the entire thing. It sucks. Cheers!

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsalmost 9 years ago
wtf

I didn't see that ending coming. Perhaps Tara might have really loved it in the ass and then Donna could go

LVGirlLVGirlalmost 9 years ago
AGAIN

SS06, I don't know how you keep on coming up with these gems. Another 5 Star effort. Thanks!

bruce22bruce22almost 9 years ago
Absurd

Getting out of the box does not mean destroying the poor male so that I doubt he can even look at himself in the mirror. The gentleman lost all his moral sensibility with his two wives... I agree Donna should have tried anal.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 9 years ago
Damn

Are you fucking kidding me? Great tale. Well, I mean...

I just don't know. Perhaps you were going for the shock factor. Maybe you wanted everyone to be up in arms over this ending. Perhaps you had bad gas that day.

Let's just say that this went from the sublime to the preposterous. I don't know. Who knows?

By the way, thirty five years ago, my '76 Trans Am blew away any Mustang that dared to challenge me.

Just saying.

no rating

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
WTF

Great story until you screwed us at the end!!!

Max604Max604almost 9 years ago
Horrible!!!!!!!!

A great story turned to SHIT with the ending. It may well be your worst story. So bad.

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 9 years ago
Sigh

It was great right up until the end. Can you at least offer an alternative ending in a separate chapter? Just keep everything the same except perhaps have the useless slut do something good for the world, like trip and break her worthless cheating neck? You don't even have to kill her off, just confine her to a bed in a really rotten nursing home where sadistic staff torture and torment her for their amusement.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
repetition

You do write well but are wasting it on lack of imagination. Your stories are almost the same, too fat, too skinny skank of a wife who cheats in some strange form and husband eventually divorces her and marries a real sweety.

This is getting quite boring and very unexciting. Try something more novel.

Tiny Tim

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I've read all of your stories, but....

Like I said, I've read every story you've published. Most of them are variants on the same theme: the wifey has wants or needs that she never articulates, so the hubby thinks she's happy with him, and this eventually turns to betrayal when she stops denying her needs (while still never telling him that she needed those things) and cheats. He finds out, and their relationship ends, usually with him finding someone better.

.

It's kind of your shtick. It's trope writing, but it's actually more realistic than it sounds; lots of people make exactly that kind of mistake in the real world, and dynamite their relationships over it.

.

It can get a bit tiresome to read the same story again and again, but the details change enough that it's okay.

.

.

But this story was basically awful. Firstly, you had a SERIOUS issue that Wife #1 never brings up with hubby. Had she told him that she wanted a lot more sex than she was getting, he might have obliged. Had she wanted to sleep with other men too, at least telling him that opens the possibility that he might agree, or at least gives them the opportunity to separate amicably. She didn't, and it exploded in spectacular fashion.

Tropey, but believable.

But in the epilogue, you blew it. I mean, just completely blew it. My ex-gf is an asexual (she didn't know that while we were dating), and her discomfort at being touched sexually was actually what helped drive us apart, but we are friends now. I like her, but knowing that she will never actually want to have sex with me is reason enough to not try to get back together with her.

But YOU. You piled on the shit onto Greg with Donna's bullshit, and then you hit him with a double whammy in your epilogue. Not only is his new wife the polar opposite of his old one (including in the ways that matter), even the good things are completely the opposite.

And you want to talk about destroyed pride? Try to imagine how much self-loathing Greg is feeling over the fact that he's now cheating on his new wife with a woman he considers a whore. Donna is, literally, nothing more than a filthy whore that used to be the love of his life. And he's having sex with her because he can't get enough from his new wife, who actually is everything he wanted from Donna, except for the sex.

Basically, you've turned him into a male version of Donna. You've done to him what SHE did to him, and he never deserved it. Sometimes bad things happen to good people, even in fiction. But bad things like this are basically pointless.

Maybe Greg could do more to express his frustration to Tara. Sure. In that he's made the same mistake that Donna did. But Tara is the real sinner here. Tara deliberately withheld information that GREG WOULD WANT TO KNOW from him, and IS STILL HIDING IT, even after the wedding. Donna was a liar, but you portrayed her believably.

But with Tara you went and stripped away all the things that made her a sympathetic and likable character. And then you did worse to Greg. So you started with a proud, heroic figure, and you destroyed him. For nothing.

It's a good thing this is the first time you've done this, and it's a good thing that this isn't the first work by you that I've read, because if it had been I probably would never had read the rest of your stuff.

The ending to this story was pure shit. Without the ending, 4/5. With? -2/5. Yes, that's a MINUS 2.

PeachyWifePeachyWifealmost 9 years ago
You said this one was different

..but it was basically the same until the terrible ending. The poor guy.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 9 years ago
Blew it

It was fine until the screw ball ending.

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
I must have been blind

to not see just how bad this was becoming.

sorry SS06, no good marks on this one.

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 9 years ago
Greg's an engineer (big surprise that)...

and, according to the story, acts like one in the way he thinks...

If we ignore all of the previous portions of the story except as an outline of facts...

1) He discovers his wife cheats ( a LOT)...

2) He believes cheating on the one you're married to indicates a lack of love for them...

3) His wife cheats because she couldn't get enough from her spouse (even though most of the time the cheating sex wasn't *good*) and maybe to keep something bad from happening - gang fighting and blackmail)

4) He can't forgive his wife for 1-3...

5) Tara doesn't lie.

Ok, now extend those...

1) In the epilogue, he cheats (a LOT)...

2) In the epilogue, he's cheating on the one he's married to...

3) In the epilogue, he can't get enough sex from his spouse and wants to keep something bad from happening (divorce through sexual frustration and... what...? Someone cheating???)

5) Tara lies. Oh sure, you might argue it was always through omission, but still.

Yeah, I skipped 4 because Tara doesn't *know* (as far as he knows) about 1-3... except that's mostly because he doesn't know about 5.

How will the kids react when they discover dad is as bad as mom...? Hell, worse... she did this crap and was a hypocrite in what she expected from her children... but he did the same AND hated her for doing it... So, I guess the kids will have to hate him to be fair...

Lack of sex can be frustrating... but it is NEVER an excuse for not COMMUNICATING!!! Even if my wife and I argue about WHAT we're thinking and feeling I'll ALWAYS prefer that to the times she lies about thinking or feeling something or HIDES the fact she's thinking or feeling something. Disagreements we can work out, deception lingers forever.

xtchrxtchralmost 9 years ago
You Can't Hit A Homerun Every Time!

As a batter, you are hitting in the 900 range for your stories. So I guess this is your strikeout. Even with the mustangs, the gum-chewing process server and the loving 2nd wife this story didn't do it for me. Even though you created the consummate cheating wife. (Boy, was she delusional.) It went downhill after the husband connived to have the son get back with a cheater. OK, maybe she was drugged the first time BUT what about the 2nd, 3rd, etc. time. She was constantly in touch with the son but she never thought to tell him. It looks like the father wants to have the son suffer the same humiliation that he had to suffer with his cheating wife...Oh wait, he wasn't really his son, so why not. I don't care how bad the 2nd wife was sexually, either divorce her or live with her, don't hook-up with the skanky ex-wife. Thanks for the story.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007almost 9 years ago
Hell No

The ending of this story demonstrates that Stangstar has lost his balls and his fucking mind.

maedhros21maedhros21almost 9 years ago
how to make a man into scumbag

Before I criticize this piece let me start off by saying how much I love your writing. That being said I just don't ubderstanf what you did with Greg in this story. For 90% of the story he is your usual sympathetic protagonist then you changed him totally. You took a man whose life was ruined by a cheating wife and you turned him into a cheating husband. Not only that but because he doesn't know that Tara arranged for Donna to be with him he essentially becomes her 4th husband to cheat with tara. You have made him no better than all the other men who screwed Donna while they were married. What you did was so inconsistent with your characters that I must wonder if Aliens kidnapped your brain for the last page and a half.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
still waters

a little deep for my tastes

loved the complexity of the story ,the multiple relationships that the Author seamlessly interlaced

.

loved the quality word craft , loved the dialogue

i found the story immensly engaging , interesting & entertaining.

..

did i like the ending .. no

...

does the story really end ?

it's left on that shocking cliffhanger

i guess it's all in the title

.

a worthy 5 stars for a very well written tale

xxxhugsxxx

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good story ruined

Ending ruined the whole story

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
OH F...

I hate this story because you ended it the way you did! I'm usually on your side enough to read thru some things but the last part of this turned me off so much I am reconsidering my taste ... Sorry kid ... Scotty (Miko, how did you let this one fly?)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
well

writing skill excellent as always.

The story though, so this abused guy gets his sons cheating girlfriend back with him?

She was drugged the first time and rather then tell the boyfriend she allowed blackmail? maybe but doubtful.

After all her mother knew and she didnt stop her from going out with the guy?

Not to mention a town that size, the boyfriend would have heard about it very quick.

And whatever became of Lana?

And finally this upright guy ends up cheating on his wife?

and the wife encourages it? really?

The ending destroyed the story.

It was to far into fantasy.

jasonnhjasonnhover 8 years ago
Liars

So instead of Tara just being honest with Greg about her lack of interest in sex (BTW, she KNEW this before the marriage and didn't tell him. That might have been a pretty important thing to put out for discussion?) and Tara continues to cover it up. Instead she plots against her husband to get the slut ex wife into their house. She plots to get the slut into bed with Greg. Meanwhile Greg is suffering from lack of sex AND being tortured with guilt because he is sleeping with the slut and cheating on his wife (he thinks). Tara's husbands effectively committed suicide to get around her distaste of sex and their guilt. Will Greg end up going down that path? And of course the slut, who has always deceived Greg, is still lying to him.

If Tara really loved and respected Greg she would tell him the whole truth and work out an honest compromise with Greg's full understanding and cooperation. Nice people (Tara) can still do horrible things. Tara is doing horrible things to Greg to satisfy her own needs for affection. The slut did horrible things to satisfy her own needs for sex. Are they any different?

It's not the sex that is the primary problem with a cheating wife, it's the lack of respect and honesty that is the core problem. How are Tara and the slut any different? Lousy ending, no resolution, Greg suffering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wait, what!?

What a ridiculous ending...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
FTW?!?

I stopped at chapter 7! The father getting the son and one of the town whore's back together again was bad enough but then he gets an asexual wife that he's in love with, stays married to her but also fucks the biggest whore in the town and all with his wife's approval!?! This story made me mad as shit!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Omg

Really? Greg ends up with a sex hating hottie and has to settle for cheating with his old wife? Should have just killed Greg off would have been better.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous