Sarah of Salem - Sarah's Story

Story Info
A witch loses her husband on Samhain.
6.8k words
4.1
15.9k
44

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 03/05/2024
Created 10/14/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
chymera
chymera
620 Followers

I know the hall monitors will object to this being in the Loving Wives category, but for me, that's the basis of the story. So that's where I'm putting it. Besides, that's where Will's story (Sarah of Salem) was.

[---------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

I felt him, before I saw him. I thought at first my mother or father had followed me into the school, since I had only had that feeling for them. It was a special connection, one I didn't even share with other relatives, regardless of how close. My granny had repeatedly tried to establish a connection to me, but it never happened.

So, when I turned on my little kindergarten chair, I was surprised to find my gaze locked on a goofy kindergarten kid. Our eyes were locked in a minute. I felt my lips slowly curl into a small smile as he seemed to panic and tear his gaze from me. I could almost feel the hair on his neck rise.

Throughout the day and for the rest of my life, I would know when Will Lawson was going to look at me. When he did, I'd be staring back. It wasn't something I tried to do, just something that happened. We were tied together.

That first day, when I rushed home to tell Mama what had happened on my first day of school, she smiled and hugged me. "He's your other half, sweetheart! How lucky you are to have found him. You'll be soulmates for life!" I laughed when Mama told me that. What five-year-old thinks about soulmates? But as the year passed, I found that I always felt better, somehow more myself, when Will was nearby.

Will was such a typical boy. I knew he felt the connection as well, but it freaked him out, so he told all the kids that I had 'cooties'. It became a game for a while, to run from me or drop the crayon when someone pointed at it and yelled, 'cooties', because I had been using the crayon before them. I never let it bother me, because I knew that it showed Will felt our connection and was fighting it. That amused me, because I also knew how strong that connection was, and he couldn't escape.

Plus, it was easy to make the other kids get bored with the game and move on to something else. The same thing repeated with Will's 'Goody-two-shoes' chant. I let it go on for a while, and then turned everyone's mind to something else.

If I worked at it, I could influence other people's thoughts, or more probably, their moods and emotions. I didn't read minds, and I couldn't make people do any tasks, per se. I could influence their feelings towards me, or towards anchovies on pizza if I wanted them and no one else did. I always managed to stay popular with the other students, but never got close to anyone. No BFF or even close friends for me. I was a witch.

Yes, I was a witch and when I wasn't at school, I was busy getting instructions from by my mother and my nine aunts. I learned spells and potions, telekinesis and divination, psychometry, and Curses. I was fair at most of those studies, but only fair. My spells and potions didn't always work out quite right, I dropped objects I was moving mid-air and frequently predicted the middle of an event instead of the ending. I predicted that a football game was going to be won 14 to 13, but somehow missed the last-minute play, which was a 2-point conversion.

I excelled best at psychometry. Curses were a close second. That all probably sounds good, but it wasn't. I usually kept my hands in my lap, rather than get bombarded with impressions from the desk the teacher had screwed her boyfriend on one night, or the trash can that the drunk janitor had vomited in. Believe me, it's the unpleasant things that objects seem to bring to the surface first. I really must want to find out something to dig deep through layers of unpleasantness.

And Curses. My mother gave me instruction in Curses in order to know how to defend against them but forbade me to use my talent. "We're not that kind of witches," she would insist. "When you hurt people, you hurt yourself. You're a beautiful girl, Sarah, but you won't be if you corrupt your soul." She taught me to be a positive source of nature, that our gifts were from nature and should be kept pure.

The curses my mother gave me for practice were mostly harmless, inconsequential things: making the postman trip, the neighbor lose his keys and making the mean girl at school get a pimple on her nose before every dance junior year. That last one was necessary for me to learn how to do a repeating curse. Just for fun and extra credit, I added the day of class photos to the curse, as well.

The surprise was Mind Control. My mother said it used to be common, but the weakening of the Hexing Family strengths had diminished over the centuries with constant inter-marriage between witches and non-witches. Our powers had been diluted until the major acts of magic, Mind Control, Levitation, Materialization, and Illusions had all but disappeared. No one could do Mind Control anymore, including me.

Except...

Except for Will. I found I could make him do things, think things, and believe things. I found it out when my mother told me to collect some frogs and lizards for some potion lessons. I never minded bugs and toads, or any other ingredient needed, but getting frogs and lizards meant going down into the marsh and getting wet and dirty chasing them. I dreaded it all week, knowing that when the weekend came, I'd have that chore to do. I was looking at Will and wishing he'd do it for me. True, at ten he was still avoiding me, but our connection was stronger than ever.

Took me two hours of getting dirty to collect the ingredients that my mother wanted, but I did it, but spent the next two hours cleaning myself and my clothes. I absolutely hated getting dirty. Still do.

Imagine my surprise on Monday when I found squished frogs and lizards in my books! Like my divination, it wasn't perfect, but Will had done what I wanted. I was so amazed, that when our eyes locked, I could only say, "Thank you, Will." I smiled at his reaction.

Over time, with concentration and hard work, I was able to improve my control. Within a year, I had Will collecting spiders and bugs for me, keeping them alive and putting them into my lunch bag.

My mother's pride showed when I told her about my foray into mind control. She insisted that we work on that but attempts at people other than Will always seemed to fail, and in the end, she believed that I gained strength through our connection, allowing my dormant power to come forth.

By eighth grade, Will started noticing other girls and I became jealous and did something I shouldn't have. I compelled Will to meet me by the lake and kiss me. I had seen him kiss Monica Wells' cheek on the playground, and it was all I could do not to curse her. Instead, I determined to be Will first lip kiss. I was resolved to compel him to love me.

It was wonderful, in that Will took me in his arms, whispered endearments in my ear, and gave me the most tender kiss. It was disappointing, in that the reality was that I was kissing myself. When I realized that I ran home, releasing Will while now compelling him to forget the whole incident.

When I got home, my mother met me at the door. "What did you do?" she demanded. "Your aura is dark -- what did you do?" she repeated.

When I told her, she was horrified. "You can't compel him to love you. You'll destroy your connection that way. He must realize that he loves you. With your connection it was a given that it would eventually happen, but now," my mother had tears in her eyes as she regarded me, "you may have ruined it all."

Later, as I cried and she comforted me, it came out that I had erased the memory from Will's mind. My mother sighed in relief. "That was the right move. You've got a good chance that nothing will change." Then she looked at me sternly, "But never, never force an emotion on Will. He must come to you."

Though eighth grade and freshman year, it appeared that nothing had changed. Will was still avoiding me. I was still freaking him out. I couldn't help it. Somehow, I was compelled to look at him when I knew that he would be looking at me. But I cried a lot at home after seeing him holding hands with other girls.

Sophomore year, I went a little crazy. It was at the beginning of the year that I disobeyed my mother, but I couldn't help it. I overheard some girls talking about Will and Eleanor Windom being lab partners. According to them, Eleanor had eyes for my Will and Will, well, he had been drooling over Eleanor for at least a year. Everyone knew he had been crushing on her.

So, I did it. I cursed Eleanor, wishing her away from my school, whatever it took. I was horrified when her father had a horrible car accident. I never intended that, never wanted anyone to be hurt. But I had done it. I told my mother and she cried for the mark I had put on my soul.

Over the years, my mother and my aunts helped me try to do good things for Eleanor and her family, but curses are easy, good deeds not so much. We were able to influence his work to not just keep him employed after his recovery, but to promote him into a better paying job. But how do you take away the pain and grief you've caused to him and his family? And what about the drunk in the other car? Would he have avoided an accident had I not cursed Eleanor?

Even now, years later, I wake up crying for the evil that I had done.

To make it worse, my ploy was successful. I went to the office and requested to be moved to Will's biology class. I had a typing class that period and would be able to switch my current biology class to another typing class. Without question or argument, Mrs. Dorman, the school secretary, turned and began filling out the paperwork for the change. When she finished, she brought it to the principal in his office. I saw him scan the papers, look up at me at the office counter, then question Mrs. Dorman. He shook his head, got up, and came out to me with the papers in his hands.

"Miss Goode, this won't be happening," he started. "The year has started, and I suspect that you're only requesting this to be with friends." He gave me a sarcastic look. "Or maybe some boy."

I stood looking at him, wondering how I could influence him. Emotions weren't going to change his mind. I thought, "He has to do this. He has to." I wanted to cry in frustration.

It was then the principal reached into his pocket, pulled out his pin and approved the transfer. Without a word, he returned to his office. Mrs. Dorman took the papers and handed me the sheets to give to the teachers of each class. It was done.

Had I somehow used mind control on these two adults? If so, I've never been able to repeat the deed. Other than Will, I don't seem to have that power. Or maybe my love of Will and my need to be his partner gave me extra strength. I don't know or care. I was going to be with my Will.

When the biology teacher took my paper and told me that I would be Will's lab partner, I could see a look of panic on Will's face. When we had lab the next day, I was sitting on my stool when Will came into the room. When he approached, I smiled at him, and he stopped and looked at me. His mouth was moving, pursing and then his tongue moved over his lips, back and forth. Then his mouth hung open for a second as he stared at me. I looked back and smiled a little broader.

"Sarah, would you like to go out with me?" Will said in a rush. My heart soared. And that was it. From then on, we were a pair, spending every minute together.

We were typical high school lovers, almost. We went on dates to movies and dances, spent time studying together or just lying on the grass watching clouds go by. Any excuse to be together, to hold hands and to kiss. We had heavy make out sessions, that thrilled and excited us. I felt my arousal in a delicious desperation, but Will's passion overwhelmed me in waves of urgent need. It took all my willpower to overcome my Will's power, but I managed to calm our excitement and maintain my virginity. Later, it took my mother's potions to subdue my libido, and all my emotional manipulation and mind control to make my Will content to wait.

For wait we must. My 18th birthday would be a milestone in my development as a witch. At that time, my mother and aunts would 'harvest' my hymen, the most important ingredient necessary for my passage into adult witchcraft. My future strength and development were dependent on this. Many witches' powers fade with age when not bound by the hymen ceremony. After the ceremony I felt more empowered and at sync with my womanhood and nature.

When I was seventeen, I had determined to break the rules governing the Hexing Families. The Tribunal had determined that because of the weakening of powers, a breeding program would be mandatory to avoid the total dissipation of witch power. Each year, every witch and warlock would be assigned a sexual partner with whom to breed on the powerful night of Samhain. It would be voluntary through the 21st year, but mandatory after full adulthood. Children bred from two empowered beings on that all-powerful evening, when the afterworld and this world were closest, were sure to revive the old strengths and powers.

Moreover, the further dissipation of powers was forthwith forbidden of all members of the Hexing Families. That meant that Will and I could never have children. I cried when my mother explained that. I begged for an exception, given the strength of Will's and my connection. I plead that the Mind Control power I had with him should be cared for and protected. I was denied.

So, I planned. Will wanted to go to Harvard, and he could have, but I influenced him to follow me to Salem State. I insisted on living in a dorm, and my mother agreed, hoping to ease my disappointment at the Hexing Tribunal's decree.

So, it was in my dorm room, on the Samhain following my 18th birthday, that Will shed his Ivanhoe armor and I my witch's robes and I gave myself to my one love. I prayed to all the gods that I would bear him a child. I tried and tried, wearing him out and then waited breathlessly for a pregnancy. I cried when I began to bleed.

We had sex regularly thereafter, but I tried to avoid pregnancy, except on Halloween, as Will insisted on calling Samhain. But on that evening, the next two years, I tried every trick and position I had read of or envisioned. I introduced him to new positions which seemed to guarantee more chances of Will's sperm finding my eggs. I thought that if we could make a child on that powerful night, the result would be strong enough to have the Tribunal forgive us our transgression. And if they didn't, so be it. Will was worth any punishment or sacrifice.

It never happened. I was never able to breed with Will. We married after graduation, but that October 31st, I was required to attend my aunt's Samhain celebration and submit to my assigned breeding partner. I would have resisted, but the Tribunal's approval of my marriage to my non-witch Will was conditional on my submission to their will. My mother told me that I should fear for my husband's well-being if I were to fail to submit.

The Tribunal had also insisted on our habitation at the family house in the Chestnut Street District of Salem. The house was old and enchanted, dating from the 16th century when my ancestors knew how to charm a home. Our house had a sense of humor and an initial distaste for my husband. It seemed to lower the doors when Will would walk through one, bumping his head continuously. It also would turn the shower water icy cold while he showered, then flip it to scalding as Will desperately attempted to work the valves. I told him it was due to flushing toilets, and leaned on his mind so he didn't question it.

Finally, when Will had had it and threatened to move us out, I gave the house an ultimatum. If it didn't behave, we would commission a remodel which might remove its cognizance, its self-awareness. Since Will was already attacking the plumbing and the heating, the house believed and gave in. It left Will alone after that. It still would lower the doorways on guests, but since I found that amusing as well, I didn't interfere.

Our marriage was wonderful, everything I had known was to be from kindergarten on. Will was surely my other half. We were complete, and completely in love, physically and emotionally. We couldn't bear to be separated and couldn't keep our hands off of each other when we were together.

But the Tribunal was watching. So, on my 22nd Samhain I clouded Will's mind with plans to decorate the house and handout Halloween candies to the neighborhood children. He wasn't to question my aunt's need for me to attend her celebration. At the celebration there were potions that removed inhibitions, and the result was an old fashion Samhain orgy. I returned home in the morning, in a haze, unsure about what or who I had done, but well aware that I had been thoroughly bred. The result in July was our son, Blaise.

Although I never used birth control, Will and my daily bouts of sexual activity never took hold, so that over the years, ensuing Halloweens eventually resulted in Gwendolyn, Tabitha and Circe. I didn't conceive every year, two years between Gwen and Tabby, and almost five before Circe. Will was a wonderful father, and my children were connected to him as strongly as I was. It was an effort for all five of us to focus on anything other than Will when he looked at us. I could feel the love flow from my children towards Will, even when they were in diapers. They felt the love, safety and comfort that I felt when I was with my Will.

But I knew that they weren't Will's, and I desperately wanted to give him his own child, even if he thought they were all his. But it never happened, and I cried more with each period. We were approaching our tenth anniversary, and I couldn't give him this gift.

Then it was October once again. The children and I headed out to the Samhain celebrations while Will was excited (because of my urgings) to decorate and hand out the candy. The children had been accompanying me to the celebrations to undergo their yearly rites of passage. I'd drop them off at the juvenile location before attending the breeding celebrations. Another year when I awoke on the first of November with vague memories of the previous night, anxious to wash off the blood and hurry home to my love.

When we got home the house was oddly sad. I cheerfully called for my Will, but only heard an echo. Then the door to the kitchen slowly swung open and there I saw Will's phone and, my god, his wedding ring.

I handed Circe to her brother and ran through the house calling for Will. The house sadly related his fall from the ladder and his hurried departure from the house. His return and final departure later was also pictured for me.

He was nowhere to be found, and many of his things were missing. I called everyone we knew but couldn't find him. No one had heard from him. The following day, Monday, I called his work, only to be informed that he was on vacation. After two weeks I called again, only to be told that he had extended his leave.

For once, I didn't cry when my period began. I felt relief.

It was during the fourth week that Will pulled into our driveway, followed by a Sheriff's cruiser. I flew out the door and tried to embrace my love, but he held me away from him. He refused to look at my face. I cried and called for him to look at me, but he refused. He told me he never wanted to look at me ever again, just as the deputy approached me and called my name.

When I responded, the deputy told me I'd been served. It was divorce papers.

"What? Will, why, why?" I grabbed Will's arm as I collapsed to the ground, our children gathering around me.

"Why?" I heard Will ask. "That's my question, Sarah. Why the orgy at Hecuba's. Why... Why are none of the children mine? Are they all the results of some Halloween orgy? Why? WHY?" he yelled.

chymera
chymera
620 Followers
12