Sarah's Catfight Adventures Pt. 20

Story Info
The final chapter.
3.5k words
4.77
9.7k
11

Part 20 of the 20 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 03/18/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Everyone lined up as they waited to enter the auditorium. As the graduation song played, the students walked in, one by one, as they reminisced all their high school memories.

As the students heard their names called, alphabetically, they stepped up and received their diplomas, signifying their hard work over the past four years. The crowd roared as Sarah stepped up and took her diploma. But this wasn't just a celebration for her; it marked the beginning of a new chapter.

For Britney, this was a bittersweet moment. High school was her entire life. She never looked far enough into the future to consider her life, after high school. As she walked up and accepted her diploma, the crowd reacted and cheered more enthusiastically than she felt she deserved.

"I guess I still have some fans," she thought to herself, as she felt a glimpse of pride.

But as Britney walked off stage, she became sad again, thinking she might have wasted her high school career. With all her friends moving on to college, she was stuck with the emptiness of being alone. Even her archrival, Sarah, was moving on without her. It made her rethink what was important to her and what she could have done differently.

Once graduation was finally over, Britney walked by herself, lost in a trance of thoughts. Suddenly, Courtney burst through the crowd and ran up to give a hug.

"Brit!"

"Oh, hi Courtney. What's up?"

"Can you believe it? We finally graduated! How do you feel?"

"I feel...good."

"You SHOULD feel good! It's been a long four years!"

"Yes...it has been..."

Courtney could sense something was wrong but just tried to move past it. "I can't wait for your party tonight," she said, attempting to change the subject.

"Party?" Britney aked, with a confused look on her face. "What party?"

"I ran into your parents outside and they told me they are throwing you a graduation party at your house. Did they not tell you?"

"Maybe they did, and I just forgot," Britney responded. However, she wasn't surprised. Her parents liked hosting events and she figured this would be a good excuse to show off their house.

"Well I have to go now," Courtney said. "But I'll see you tonight!"

"Okay, see you then."

Britney continued to walk alone as she became lost in her own thoughts again. "My whole life has been about high school. What am I without high school? I'm not a cheerleader anymore. I'm not the popular girl in school anymore. I'm losing all my friends. I don't even have...her...anymore."

As she continued to walk, she spotted Mariah through the crowd and made her way over.

"Hey Mariah."

"Brit! Congratulations!"

As much as she enjoyed seeing her best friend, it almost felt like an insult for her to say congratulations. Congratulations for what? Coming from Mariah, who was one of the top students in the class, just felt like pity. She knew Mariah didn't mean any harm by it, but she just couldn't help but take it the wrong way.

"Thanks..."

"Your parents told me about your graduation party!"

"So, they told you too," Britney said. "Are you coming?"

"Of course, I am! What kind of question is that?"

"Just making sure," the blonde answered, as she gave her friend a hug before they went their separate ways.

As Britney got to the exit, knowing her parents were waiting outside, she took one last look back and noticed Sarah standing with her parents, hugging them as they congratulated her.

"Look at her. She's off to bigger and better things. She doesn't need little ole me holding her back anymore. Her parents actually have a reason to be proud of her."

"I wanted to say goodbye, but it's best we don't talk anymore. It was fun, but this is wrong."

"I hope you do whatever stupid thing you want in college. But just know that I will never forget you. Bye-bye, bitch."

She let out a deep sigh as she turned and pushed the door open. She was then greeted by her parents, who were waiting outside with big smiles and open arms.

Although she didn't feel that she deserved it, a congratulations from her parents would have been nice. But all they talked about with her was how excited she should be about the party that night.

"Aren't you excited?" her mom asked. "We invited your friends!"

"Yes, mommy and daddy. Thank you for throwing me this party."

She zoned out as she sat in the back seat of the car. She watched her school become smaller and smaller, as she realized her experiences were now just memories.

Once Britney got home, she was in no rush to get ready for the party. She usually liked events like this; any excuse to dress up or boast her family's wealth. But something was different this time. For some reason, she was no longer interested in gloating her family's success.

She was starting to realize the things she once cared so much about were not as important as she thought. All the possessions and trivial statuses meant nothing to her that night.

"Britney!" her father called out. "Are you ready?"

"No, daddy!" she answered, trying to snap herself out of the deep state of thought.

"Well hurry up and get ready. And make sure you put on that pretty black dress we got you."

"Yes, daddy."

Britney did as she was told and eventually made her way to the living room, where the first set of guests had already arrived. Unsurprisingly, it was just her parents' friends and none of hers. She just sat in the corner, playing on her phone as she resumed into her deep thoughts.

Eventually, Mariah and Courtney arrived, and Britney felt a little better now that she was with them. She spent the rest of the evening just chatting with them about old times in high school, realizing her experiences and relationships were more important that her possessions.

Once everyone had arrived and were enjoying food and drinks, Britney's parents stood in the middle and called for everyone's immediate attention.

"Ladies and gentlemen," her father called out, as he tapped his glass of champagne. "I just want to thank everyone for coming and celebrating our daughter's graduation with us. So, for those of us old enough to drink, please raise your glass as we toast to Britney."

She sat there feeling even more pity for herself as her parents and their friends clapped. Nothing felt genuine. She had nothing to be proud of, in yet her parents still wanted to show her off.

A few of her parent's friends also gave speeches, congratulating her for successfully completing high school. This didn't make her her feel any better. Nobody at the party could bring her out of her funk. She was just ready for the party to end so she could go back to her bedroom.

As her father was giving one final speech to cap an exciting night for him and his wife, the party was suddenly interrupted as a loud knock was placed on the door.

"Who is it?" Britney wondered, as she stood up and looked through the elder adults.

As the door opened, and the mystery person made her appearance, Mariah and Courtney quickly recognized who it was.

"It's Sarah!"

Britney jumped with a quick jolt of excitement but quickly collected herself, not wanting anyone to notice how joyful she was.

"Who invited her?" she said, trying to sound annoyed.

"I did," Britney's mother answered. "You two spend so much time together, I just assumed you were like best friends."

Courtney and Mariah both began to giggle, poking fun at the angered blonde from her mother's misunderstanding.

"Welcome to our party," Britney's father said, as she welcomed Sarah in.

"Sorry I'm late. I had some errands I needed to run for my parents."

"It's completely fine," he assured. "We were just congratulating our daughter on graduating high school. Do you want to say anything before we wrap up?"

"I do," Sarah answered, as she faced her three high school classmates. "Would it be okay if I addressed all three of them?"

"Of course!"

Sarah cleared her throat as she gathered herself, feeling a bit nervous. There were things she wanted to say to the girls but didn't expect to say it in front of so many people. However, she was never one to back down from anything.

"Congratulations Courtney. I'm really impressed with the person you have become. I know you're nervous about cheerleading in college, but I'm sure you'll be even better there than you were here."

"Thank you for reaching out to me when I didn't even know you, that well. You're so bubbly and so fun. I can't wait to see where you take yourself in life."

"Congratulations on everything you've accomplished, Mariah. Unfortunately, I never got to know you as well as I should have. But I've always been really impressed with your intelligence and hard work ethic."

"You've gone through a lot of changes. But every time I interacted with you, I liked you more than the last time I saw you."

"I don't need to wish you good luck because I know you'll do great in the Ivy League and even better in whichever career you choose."

Courtney and Mariah were both touched as they took in Sarah's comments. The others started to clap, appreciating the thoughtful speeches. But now it was time for the woman of the hour.

"And Brit," Sarah said, as she took a deep breath. "I don't think anyone will ever understand how crazy our relationship has been. This has been the wildest year of my life. But it has also been the best year of my life."

"I know that nobody enjoyed high school as much as you did, but I think you're going to do even more better things after. Someone as smart and beautiful as you has no limits in life. And I can't wait to see all the things you accomplish."

"I wish we were going to the same college. But you have your own path, and I have mine. But trust me on this, no matter what happens, I will never ever forget you for the rest of my life."

"Thank you for having me," Sarah said, to the rest of the audience. "And thank you for allowing me to get that speak."

Everyone clapped, really impressed with Sarah's public speaking. But nobody noticed Britney fighting off tears as she sat quietly in the corner.

Though several people, including her parents, spoke before Sarah, those words were the only ones that Britney found meaningful during the entire night. Everything else was just for show, but she could always rely on Sarah for the truth, whether she wanted it or not.

"Are you okay?" Mariah asked, noticing how quiet Britney had become.

"I'm okay," she responded. "I just need to step outside for a moment. I'll be right back."

Mariah and Courtney both understood that she just needed a moment to be alone. Although they didn't completely understand her circumstances, they had enough awareness to give her space when she needed.

As Sarah was introducing herself to some of the others, she looked over and noticed Britney walking out the front door. She got flashbacks from the first time they met, when the spoiled cheerleader left a party abruptly and Sarah felt the need to follow her.

Even more flashbacks came as Sarah got to the sidewalk and tried to track down the blonde.

"Excuse me!" she yelled out, following Britney down the street.

Britney heard her voice and immediately turned around, more willing to interact than the first time she encountered Sarah.

"What do you want?"

"I wanted to check on you. I saw you walk out of the house pretty quickly."

"I'm fine. I just needed some fresh air."

"Is it okay if I join you?"

"I don't really feel like talking," Britney quietly answered, as she stared off into the distance.

"We don't have to talk," Sarah responded. "I just want to walk with you."

"I guess that's fine, if you really want to."

The two former rivals only made it a small distance before Britney could no longer stay quiet. She turned towards Sarah and asked, "Did you really mean that stuff?"

"What stuff?"

"The whole speech you gave...in front of everyone."

"Of course, I meant it. Why would I not mean it?"

"Because you called me smart. Nobody ever calls me smart. Nobody ever has confidence in me like that."

"I did mean it," Sarah answered, with an assuring look. "I think you're smart. I think you're capable of doing anything you want to do."

"I can't be a doctor or a lawyer!"

"Because you don't want to be a doctor or a lawyer," Sarah quickly responded.

Britney was silenced for a brief moment, as she realized that Sarah was right. She quickly shouted back "What should I be then?"

"Well, what do you want to do?"

"I...I...I want...I...want to...I don't know..." Britney said, stumbling over her words.

"You don't know what you want to do, do you?"

"No..."

"Well, when you figure it out, I'm sure you will find a way to get it done. When you're motivated, you're capable of accomplishing anything."

The blonde did everything in her power not to say, "Thank you," or even look grateful. But it was exactly what Britney needed to hear in that moment.

Suddenly, both women came to a complete stop.

"Do you remember this place?" Britney asked, as they both stared at a sandbox at the park down the street from Britney's house.

"Of course I do," Sarah answered. "This is where we first met."

"And that's the sandbox we had our first match in," Britney added.

"It sure is. That was a night to remember, wasn't it?"

"Only because you won," Britney responded, with an attitude. "Remember the time I dominated you after you won the Fall Athlete Award? I ripped off that little black dress and humiliated you in your slutty thong."

Sarah began the blush. She remembered what happened but hearing Britney say it out loud was even more embarrassing. However, she decided to continue going down memory avenue.

"Remember the time I caught you playing with yourself after I kicked your ass? Then I forced you to continue masturbating in front of me?"

"I remember..." Britney said, with a blush. "You humiliated me so many times, and I remember all of them."

"You're one tough cookie, though," Sarah assured. "You kicked my ass a few times."

"I know," Britney said. "But you won our last match."

"Who knows? Maybe you will win the next one," Sarah responded, with a smile.

Suddenly an enormous wave of guilt crashed into Britney, as she replayed every moment they had together, in her head. She couldn't take it any longer and had to do the right thing.

"There won't be a next one," Britney responded.

"What?" Sarah asked, completely caught off guard. "What do you mean?"

"We shouldn't see each other anymore."

"But...why?"

"You're going away to college."

"I don't understand," Sarah responded. "I'll be back to visit. And I'm coming home for all the holidays."

"I just...I don't want to see you anymore."

"Brit...why?"

"I told you!" Britney answered, looking even more frustrated. "I just don't want to see you anymore! I don't think it's a good idea."

It hurt her to say it because she was lying. Secretly, she wanted to keep seeing Sarah and to let their eccentric relationship continue. Even if they never progressed past their odd rivalry, Britney would have been happy with it if she knew it would keep Sarah around.

However, in the most mature moment of Britney's life, she decided Sarah no longer needed her. The childish games were over, and it was time for the Sarah to go off to college and become the smart businesswoman she always wanted to be.

The two just stared at each other, not saying a word as millions of thoughts ran through both of their minds.

"This is so wrong," Britney thought to herself. "You were never a lesbian, and I shouldn't be in love with you. You should go and start your life, without me."

Sarah took a deep breath as she looked at the sandbox and reminisced their first encounter. She then looked at Britney, as if it were the last time she would ever look at her.

"So, this is it?"

"Yes," Britney answered, looking unsure of herself.

Sarah just looked on, with a smile on her face, as the blonde continued to speak.

"I'm blocking you on my phone. And I don't want to know when you come back to visit."

The beautiful brunette just smiled and chuckled to herself.

"What's so funny?" Britney asked.

"Nothing," Sarah responded. She then stared right into Britney's beautiful blue eyes. "I understand."

"You do?"

"I do," Sarah said, as she slowly started walking away.

"Where are you going?"

Sarah stopped and turned around for one final look at her blonde rival. "Bye, Brit."

Britney couldn't think of anything to say but, "Bye, Sarah," as she watched the brunette continue to walk away.

The blonde walked over to a swing, where she sat in silence, thinking about what just happened, and where her life would go from here.

"It's over," she said to herself, as she began to cry.

---

"Bye mom and dad! I promise I'll make you proud!" Sarah said, as she gave her parents one last hug, before getting into her car and driving off.

A few weeks had gone by and she was now leaving for college. As a family, Sarah and her parents decided that it would be a good idea to start by taking summer courses at her new school. It would be a great opportunity for her to get a head start on her academics and living situation before the craziness of the Fall semester. But before Sarah got on the highway to start her new life, she decided to make one final stop.

Sarah was not sure if Britney was even home. They had not spoken since graduation night, when the blonde confirmed she would block her from calling or texting.

As she knocked on the door, the wide eyed blonde answered in shock.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm leaving today."

"Oh..."

"But I wanted to say bye to you in person, since you blocked me."

"Okay...well, bye..."

Sarah then grabbed Britney and placed a deep kiss directly on her lips. Britney was caught by surprise but eventually surrendered herself to the moment, as she slowly wrapped her arms around Sarah, and kissed her back.

When Sarah finally released Britney, they were both left blushing as they struggled to keep themselves from smiling.

"What was that?" Britney asked, with a chuckle, trying to contain herself.

"I just wanted to do that before I left," Sarah answered.

But the truth was that she understood why Britney pushed her away and wanted to thank her.

As she started to walk back to her car, Britney quickly called out to her. "I never blocked you, by the way!"

"You didn't?"

"I tried to, but I couldn't," she admitted, in embarrassment.

Sarah just smiled, before continuing towards her car.

Just before she got in, Britney quickly ran up and asked, "So, when are you coming back to visit?"

"I'll be back to visit in a couple months," Sarah answered, with a smirk. "I'll call you, in case you want to hang out. But, no pressure."

"Okay! I mean...that's cool."

Sarah drove off, as Britney watched her car disappear down the road. Although they were both starting new chapters of their lives, they would always have their old adventures to look back on. And they would never forget each other, for the rest of their lives.

---

Authors Note:

Please do not give up on these two. Though this is the final chapter, their story is not over. They both need time to develop, away from each other, so they can be better for each other when they reconnect.

I understand that some readers do not want to continue their stories without the other. But this is an important part of their development. Britney obviously has some maturing to do. But Sarah also has a lot she needs to learn before handling a mature relationship with someone who is also unable to completely grasp what they are feeling.

Thank you for reading my series. This was the first story I ever wanted to write about and inspired me to become a writer.

I know a lot of this was confusing, but as I've explained before, it is somewhat based on a true story I witnessed over a long period of time. The relationship was a train wreck and very confusing; but was also a beautiful nightmare that both parties couldn't get enough of. Though I will never go into full details about the true story, I hope I was able to display it in a creative, yet realistic way.

12