Satisfied With Love Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MDSW
MDSW
516 Followers

"I swear, the first time let go of him was when Larry and his team arrived for the meeting, and I didn't want to let him go then either. I was very happy to have him back and so was the rest of the team," she said as she smiles and gives Brad another well deserved hug.

This was a shock to all of them, learning Brad came so close to death. Then they sit down as Kristi leans her head on his shoulder, briefly, and snakes her hand back in his as she feels herself loving him more.

Larry is shocked at the news.

"I was not aware of that Kristi," Larry said.

"We decided not to mention anything about it so it would not distract from the reason you were there. What you did not know is that I was holding his hand under the table the entire time we were in the conference room. I did not want him going anywhere without me with him."

"Okay Kristi," Larry said, "That changes the way I perceive the meeting, though not in a bad way. It's no wonder you were so emotional in the first segment. We just did not understand that there were other influences on the team because of that incident.... Well, we don't need to get into that now. I just got word from Helen the catered lunch buffet is ready for us so let's take advantage of the Packard Team's visit and enjoy the food with them!"

Sandi immediately goes to Kristi and said, "I thought you were unprofessional in the meeting because of that emotional incident and I was holding it against you. You almost lost your man! No wonder you did not want him leaving the room without you. I apologize and I should have spoken to you about that sooner. My apologies Kristi."

She gives Kristi a hug saying she has a better understanding of the incident. Now she feels much better about Kristi.

Hand in hand, Kristi and Brad follows Larry to get some food. The PR team waits as the Packard team goes to the head of the line, followed by the PR leaders. Brad thought to himself that the employees will eat first, ahead of them in the future. This meal is for employees, not us, he thought.

As the Packard team takes a seat and starts eating, Larry goes to a different table and begins eating. As employees begin filling up both tables and talk with them as they eat a nice hot and cold lunch. After they consume the food, there is a 30 minute break, then they return to the meeting room where everyone takes a seat, leaving the podium empty.

Brad notices and returns to the podium and said, "I've gotten myself in enough trouble for one day so I'm going to sit down and blame Kristi some more.... just kidding. I want to listen to you guys for a while."

A few laughs break out as a voice from the back said, "We would prefer listening to you while you are here."

"Well, it is what it is, but I would rather listen and learn from you guys so I'm going to pull rank on you," Brad said smiling.

Laughter breaks the silence again.

Larry takes over the meeting. He has his team answer a series of questions explaining how they feel about Packard Records and the Packard Empire and what they have learned over the last two months. All the comments are positive. Surprisingly enough, the Records team stops with the questions after several hours and give the Packard team one hell of a thank you and another standing ovation.

Larry said, "Okay. I have one more surprise for you and it will be revealed at the park tomorrow morning. The fun begins at 9 am and everyone is welcome. Don't forget to bring your families and/or significant others with you. Take the rest of today off with pay and see you at the park, bright and early."

Brad asks Larry if he and his management team would like to get together for dinner tonight. He said they will like that, so Brad tells him to pick out the restaurant and time and they will meet them there.

"I will enjoy talking with you and your managers more if they would like to do so. At a minimum, include Sandi and her secretary, Helen and yourself, if you would please."

"Let's go ask them before they sneak out."

They did and they all went to the selected restaurant and talked for three hours as they ate dinner. Brad learned that absenteeism has dropped to near zero and production is beginning to increase but did not know what had the bigger impact -- the firing of Little or the new company philosophy. More likely, both. Brad agrees as they continue with the exchange.

They have a great meeting with the PR team and a great dinner. It is a very fruitful experience for the Packard team, one they are very proud of.

The next morning, it is off to the company picnic for the Packard team. It is a time to enjoy company employees, prop them up a little higher and make them feel better.

Larry gathers all that is there, about 150 he estimates. He is about to explain what the surprise is when the Packard team comes into view on the horizon.

One person said, "Look, it's Brad and his team coming!"

Larry told them that is the last surprise. They cheer as they get closer. The Packard team is holding hands as they walk across the grounds to the spot where Larry is standing with his team.

As they are greeting and mingling with the Records team, an uninvited guest appears on the horizon and is heading for the party. One of the employees spots him and tells Larry that scary Chuckie is heading in our direction.

Brad's security team has him in their cross-hairs and they are already heading in his direction. They walk toward Chuckie and stop him about 100 yards out. They pat him down, find nothing, and allow him to advance to about 40 feet from Brad. Larry and Brad walk to him.

"What are you doing here Chuck?" Larry asks.

"I am hoping to be able to talk with you, Mr Weber, Ms Miner, Ms Gilbert and Ms Cole if I could, please," Chuck replies.

Larry said, "Not today Chuck. We are here to have fun and you don't fit into that category."

"That is my fault for sure. Thirty seconds is all I ask for, please," Chuck requests.

Brad pulls Larry away and whispers to Larry, "If it will get rid of him and not spoil the party, let's do it."

Just then, about fifteen company employees step in between Brad and Larry, and Chuck, intent on getting Chuckie to leave their party. They tell him, in no uncertain terms, that he will leave and not stalk this company anymore. He is not welcome here and the employees of Packard Records do not want to hear anything he has to say. Then the employees began walking toward Chuck and, getting the hint, he begins walking backward. Finally, understanding the team's seriousness, he turns around and walks away, not wanting to make a scene.

Packard Records cheered as Chuckie walks away and they know he can hear them. Brad tells Kristi to get a take down security team on him again and see if they can find out what he intended to accomplish here today. Kristi makes the call and takes care of it.

When Chuckie is finally out of sight, the group turns around to come back. Brad starts an applause that everyone picks up on as the group returns. He is impressed with the teamwork and family protection that Packard Records has displayed.

Brad gets Larry aside and said, "Larry, did you notice anything about him just then?"

"I did Brad. He showed respect for us all, something I never thought I would see or hear from him."

"Do you think he was here to apologize for being an idiot?"

"That would be my guess but we may never know now. I think my team convinced him to disappear."

"I believe you're right about that Larry. What an amazing team you have," Brad said.

As soon as it began, the incident is over and out of mind. It's a great day in the park and it is all fun, well into the afternoon. Kristi always has hold of Brad, just the way he wants it. There is always a crowd around the Packard team. They greet and speak to so many employees and their families they cannot remember everyone's name. They take the time to talk with them and have some fun.

In mid afternoon, when the party is pretty much winding down for the Packard team, they took Larry, Sandi, Amy and Helen aside and told them they are proud of them. They took on one of the toughest challenges of their career and make a successful win-win situation. They should be as proud of themselves as they are of the Packard team a couple months ago. They admit they are very proud of their accomplishment and even more proud of their team.

"So Sandi, how are you feeling about the personal and professional you these days?" Brad asks.

"I think you know the answer to that Brad and I will admit, I was wrong and you were right," she said and gives Brad a hug.

"I'm happy for you Sandi. Your inner struggle is over."

"It certainly is and it has had a major impact on my life. Jeni is not the only one that owes you."

"Don't go there Sandi. Nobody owes anybody anything. You learned something about yourself you did not know. That is on you, not me or anybody else," Brad told her, smiling.

"Okay Brad. I'll buy that.... I must admit though, I like seeing you squirm too."

Brad smiles and gives his sisters and evil look.

"Brad, I just have to say something about our training," Larry said. "You should have told us...."

"Larry, I appreciate what you're about to say," Brad interrupts. "Whether or not there was other influences on our emotions at the time probably would not have altered much that happened during the training. Yes, we were emotional, but a lot of it was caused by our own lack of communication between us, not the incident that happened to us two days prior."

"I can't help but wonder if we would have changed what we did if we knew that?"

"That is my point exactly. I did not want to change anything.... I guess we'll never know though. I wanted you guys to have an open mind when you began the training. Telling you what we just experienced as a team would have altered that so we did not mention it. Let's leave it at that," Brad said.

Larry nods, then Brad tells him they will exchange more details and talk later, then decide to leave and let them celebrate as a company.

Brad thanks them and the company for the hospitality and support, shake hands, gives hugs and hi-fives, said goodbye and depart.

Brad tells the Packard team, as they head to the SUVs, that this company has a very unique group of employees and he thinks they will do well in the future.

********

The next morning, Brad and the team gets on the private jet and heads back to Aspen. Arriving around two, they greet the newbies as they arrive at home and everyone gets swim suits on. They spend the day in or around the pool. Brad announces he would like to go sight seeing tomorrow and asks what there is to see. Kristi and Jeni fill him in and they make some plans.

A short while later, Brad asks Kristi, "Would you like to stop by and see your family and if so, how long do you want to stay?"

"Yes, and I will guess just a day trip would be fine this time. A longer stay when we can give them more of a warning," Kristi said.

"Make the arrangements Angel."

Kristi gives him a big hug, then gets on her phone and makes the arrangements. She is excited that Brad asks about her family. After hanging up from talking with them, she tells him it's a good time, then she hugs him very tight.

Brad calls the team together so they can talk.

"The first company we trained turned out to be a huge success. I would like each of you to reflect back on the training because Packard Records is what it is because of you. I think they will start going off the charts with sales in record production and new clients soon. Overall, the meeting and picnic with Packard Records was the best experience we've had since we became the new Packard Empire. We faced the first major challenge as a team and kicked ass. We did an excellent job and I would like to point out that you, our staff, played a major role to make that happen. That is very appreciated. The new wave of the Packard Empire has begun."

"Larry told me they are getting unsolicited applications for employment. Does this prove to us that this philosophy is the right philosophy for this company? What do you all think?"

Stacy replies, "It is proof enough for me, Brad. I was very impressed with the team at Packard Records. They are a very smart group of people. It is almost as good as the Packard team. In just a short period of time, their attitude changed just like ours did. It is an amazing experience. Thank you for doing it for us Brad."

The whole team speaks about their feelings and are convinced Brad is right.

"Great. Now, it's time to look to the future. We still have 29 companies to train. Sooo, I would like Team Brad to pick a company they visited and both Team Stacy and Team Peggy pick a company they visited. We should try to pick companies with the highest probability of success because word of what we are doing will spread, probably already has. The next company will be one we all agree on. When we get back to the island, we will talk more about this. What do you guys think?" Brad asks.

"I'm all for it, Brad," Stacy said and everyone nods their approval.

"Cool. Now, about the next training class itself, Kristi, my sisters and I have discussed this and Kristi will explain what the preliminary plans are, then we can discuss it amongst us."

"First," Kristi said, "the lesson plan will change a bit. We will start, this time, with the entire team. That is a little different from the first one. The reason behind this is to let all of you in on the training we give to the guests. The seven newbies will listen but not participate because they have not completed their training. This will be an eye opener for them because they have not yet seen the big picture about the way we operate here."

"And, no personal stories this time. How do you guys feel about it?" Kristi said.

If that is what you want, we will honor it," Anita said and everyone agrees.

"Anita, do you want to explain your personal life to strangers?"

"I'm sorry, Kristi, I agree with you. I don't have any desire to open my life to strangers," Anita said.

"I'm sorry Anita. The way you answered made me wonder," Kristi said. "It's okay Anita, as long as we are on the same page," she said with a smile, giving her a hi-five, "Jeni, how 'bout you?"

"I'm on board with your wishes Kristi," Jeni said. "I thought my story got far too much attention but, I'm also glad to see it accomplished what I wanted it to. I'm not fond of exposing myself to strangers and would rather not do it again. The only reason I told my story was because I put my foot in my mouth and did not know any other way to get it out," she said. "In the future, I will make a serious effort to avoid that scenario."

"Okay then. It sounds like we are all on the same page," Kristi said. "Time off is in order."

The team does some sight seeing around the area and some others went out for some night life action. Overall, it is very enjoyable, but they do want to spend more time in Aspen.

Time flies when you're having fun and sooner than not, it's off to Ohio to visit Kristi's family.

********

The team is in the air very early in the morning, to spend the day with Kristi's family. She introduces the whole team, including the seven newbies, to her family. They have a great time for such a short stay. They left Kristi's folks late that night. Kristi has tears in her eyes again, but Brad is there to support her. Brad asks the pilots to arrive at the destination about 8 or later. They sleep as much as possible on the private jet.

Arriving back on the island, Kristi is impressed with the performance of the seven new staffers so far. She did manage to add two men to the team, one is married and the other has been assigned to work in the office. She is hoping Jeni will take a shine to him but Kristi has personally stayed out of it.

Kristi and Brad don't shy away from sex while on the trip. They got their fair share, and more, but they are always horny. They are still in love and it gets deeper every day. They may even be getting close to announcing their wedding day to the team.

Jeni takes a shine to the single guy Kristi hired, but it didn't last long. Kristi feels sad for her and Jeni feels bad too. It's one of those things you can't count on, but you can hope, can't you?

Kristi makes it a point to follow up with her later to find out the details.

Overall, it's a great trip. The team discusses Brad's philosophy as a group and everyone agrees they should start expanding and get more companies involved in the training. Overwhelmingly, they agree it is a huge success and congratulates Brad on his winning philosophy. It is the future of this company and the newbie's even express interest in getting more involved in the training.

********

Brad gives everyone the day off to get caught up to themselves. Some hit the sack not even putting their luggage away. Others spend some leisure time by the pool. The new hires voluntarily went to the office to catch up on the workload, unknown to Kristi.

Yes, it was a great trip, but it's also great to be back home on the island and back to the Packard version of reality.

During the next couple months, Kristi keeps close tabs on the newbies. She talks to everyone they interface with and the reports she receives as a result are impressive. Kristi set up a meeting with the owners to talk about them now that she has an accurate impression for the owners to hear.

They assemble in Brad's living area as Kristi takes control of the meeting.

"Overall, I believe the newbie's will fit in and do the job as well as the rest of us. Their attitude models our's and they understand their place. They are willing to pitch in and help out. Now, I'm recommending they be included in our team meetings and we should start integrating them into the team."

"Do you feel they have sufficient training to deal with us as a team?" Brad asks.

"I believe they do Brad," Kristi said.

"Including our affection and antics?"

"They will fit right in, in both those departments."

"Peggy, Stacy, any questions or comments. You've got her right where you want her, on the hot seat," Brad said smiling.

Kristi laughs and hits him on the shoulder and said, "I owe you for that one. Better watch yourself, mister," she said smiling and gives him a kiss.

Stacy and Peggy smile and said they are fine with Kristi's evaluation, that they feel the same from their own observations. Stacy said she likes the couple working with her. Peggy said Rick and Anita seems to be happier now and she is happy with them. She said the thing that really helped that process for her is taking the flight with them to pick up their families. They got well acquainted during that flight.

"We still need to get caught up with the workload, do we not?"

"Actually, we don't Brad. The newbies caught us up this morning after we arrived so we are good. They did all the work while we were resting and relaxing and we didn't even know they were doing it. That is one thing I like about them. They don't have to be told when to work and they work very well together."

"Wow," Brad said. "I don't know what to say. Are you planning on giving them a raise?"

"Not for a while, Brad. They still have to prove themselves. Its only been a short period of time so far."

"So why are they being advanced so soon?"

"Good question. I want them to feel like they are being integrated into the team before they loose interest."

"Good idea."

A week later, they have another training class with a company from New York this time. The training went smoother and no personal stories are revealed. The group seems to appreciate the training and promise to put it to work as soon as they return to New York. The newbie's did not participate in the training and just observed.

The guests are wide-eye at the conclusion of the training and like what they hear and are ready to go back and make it happen. They are pumped up just like Larry was when he went through the training. Kristi spoke with them as a group and likes what they tell her and they like what she told them.

MDSW
MDSW
516 Followers