All Comments on 'Satyr Play 03 Pt. 02'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 82 Comments
Storyteller0112Storyteller0112over 3 years ago

Nobody, absolutely NOBODY does it better than BurntRedstone. * * * * *

tbakkytbakkyover 3 years ago
No more

Nathan is gone,Marisa is back with Henry.All is good,in my life.

Hey what can I say? I am a lover of peace and harmony.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What a beautiful Christmas present for all us readers. Thank you so much Santa Burntredstone.

You have outdone yourself once again. Great ending/ beginning.

Have yourself a great holiday season and if you don’t mind and have the time, I know all your readers would love something for the new year.

SensualSigmaSensualSigmaover 3 years ago

So many feelings. Presuming the that was Baba at the end, 3 billion people died for nothing and Henry's 1st daughter died for nothing (that she died at all is really infuriating). I'm glad it looks like the remainder are all gonna live in peace, but the fact the human race has ceased to exist as a species is saddening. I had hoped when Mab was twisting the ring that Henry was gonna pull a hail mary and transfer them all to Eden or something. (This isn't criticism, really enjoyed the story, just venting.)

Not knowing what happened to Mahati's sister is a mental itch I'm gonna have to deal with. The whole Yuko story feels a bit unfulfilled as well, would have liked to know about her and their kid. Would also have liked to see Michelle coping well in this new world without requiring a glamour.

I understand this is the end, I only implore you: if you feel the urge to write anymore about our favourite Satyr, give in to the impulse man! Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Another classic

I've been reading your stories for years, some of them several times and they never disappoint 5 stars man, that was awesome!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Enjoyed the entire story!

Thank you for you time and effort in writing these stories. They are very enjoyable reads. Merry Christmas and hopefully a Covid free/Happy New Year!

OakleavesOakleavesover 3 years ago
I have ONE issue

First off thank you for your work it’s great and I’ve loved all of it. I do have to admit I’m a bit hung up on the way Baba stole the child and then brought her to the final showdown seemingly just to be killed? None of it is explained which is fine overall Baba is meant to be mysterious but Henry doesn’t seem to blame her for any of this at the end? I mean she all but murdered the kid herself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story

A great story with a satisfying ending, and you only had to kill three billion off in the final showdown. Will be reading this again in the near future. Thanks for posting it for us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fuck.

That one word means all that chaos, that intricate and cruel plan was all for NOTHING. Unfortunate for her. Lol. But how fortunate for us, to have such a wonderful author with an amazing gift, presenting us with these incredible stories.5 stars always.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Couldn't. Stop. Reading!

Gonna be so tired at work tomorrow. Totally worth it!

linnearlinnearover 3 years ago
Epic Series

Thank you for giving us a finale, too many writers don't. This was a check of a journey, I could put it down and finished it about six this morning. It was full of surprises and I'm glad no main characters were killed of except for Nate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Brilliant. Hope there's going to be lots more to come.

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 3 years ago

Phenomenal. Thank you, BurntRedstone, for sharing your Art with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

OMG, and WOW! So lacking sleep,,, but loved it so much! Thank you for the tying off of the loose ends and thank you for a wonderfully written tale,.. you do both supernatural and New York pretty darn well! I can hardly wait for the Christmas bonus story, also I am truly looking forward to the Ben Shepard, Jack Danner and all the other new tales awaiting in 2021 and beyond! You bring joy to my world, hallelujah!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Loved it!

I've read all your works and as usual this didn't disappoint. Many thnks and look forward to seeing more good stories.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 3 years ago
Excellent!

Soooo many moving parts, characters, creatures, actions, and environments. I had to take several breaks to review who was who, their look, their capabilities, and then their enhanced capabilities.

One piece I can't figure out. Why was Stanley brought back and his memories copied? My only logical answer was he was human, so he had to die to fulfill Baba's destiny. Not a great solution but it kinda sorta works.

I liked your device of a six month disappearance/coma with a healing program.

Tish allowed two feral succubi to sleep with her husband and not her on his first night home in six months?

Only one weakness. The cat is out of the bag with the hidden races and their capabilities. Why the shock when a satyr appeared in a hearing? It also implied an inter dimensional TV set in Eden and foreknowledge of the room's location. I snapped my fingers and just accepted it... Your story, your fantasy, so, I like it.

Great piece! A complete departure from your normal work, but a complete mental vacation to read. Thank you for sharing!

Ch3tCh3tover 3 years ago
Clarification

I have a question here, at the end do all human turn into beings with power or only the beings with power survive and humans die?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Incredible

I feel delighted and deeply indepted. Thank you so much for lightening the burden of these times for me.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsover 3 years ago
Good Story

This was an amazing story and great way to end that plotline, love the "fuck" at the end. I give the chapter 4 stars. Sadly, I cannot abide authors using a babies death as a plot device. I understand the use, but that kind of things almost always equals an immediate stoppage in reading said tale. Thank you for the time and effort you have put into this series.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 3 years ago

Ch3t...

Since Humanity was wiped out in its entirety, all those left who *seemed* human weren't... They just hadn't experienced a complete changeover due to the Wild Magic...

Notice we read about Sandy's parents disappearing but we didn't hear about Tish's family even though she was clearly closer to them than Sandy was to hers and there were more of them.

Though I also disliked his baby dying I did like the story otherwise.

I'm glad Nate managed to die doing something good... I was worried he'd just kill himself once he was flooded with the baby's life.

I am kind of surprised Henry didn't try to pop open a hole sooner and snap it closed taking parts of Mab repeatedly.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 3 years ago
Awesome story

I am so impressed with how many threads you were able to keep going and then tie them up neatly at the end. And you gave just the glimmer of hope with the last sentence that you can revisit this story line in the future if you want. A great accomplishment. Thanks

priv8iiipriv8iiiover 3 years ago

Wow!

This whole series is simply phenomenal!!

I'll say it again...

Wow!

MbC56MbC56over 3 years ago

The favorite series I've read, amazing writing and the complexities were fabulous!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story

I found this series to be interesting and entertaining. BurntRedstone once again demonstrated his ability as a great storyteller. The grammar and punctuation were good in Act 3 (I don’t recall Act 1 or 2). My rating is 5-star, well-done!

Now for my constructive criticism. There are many great storytellers out there, and many write in the fantasy realm. One of the very best in my opinion is Raymond E. Feist. I think BurntRedstone should use all his strengths. One of his strengths is that he can write a great sex scene. The sex scenes were seldom very descriptive in this series compared to the series with Ben or Ed. Of course, an author doesn’t have to write 2-page sex scenes every time the protagonist fucks, but I think that he should demonstrate all his strengths. That will separate him from those who can’t or refuse to write sex scenes in literotica (and other places).

Most of BurntRedstone’s heroes fuck many women. I would have liked more clarity in how each of the characters felt about each other. I didn’t have a whole lot of clarity about how Henry/Stanley felt about the many females he fucked, and how they felt about him. For instance, did Tish hold a particularly special place in his heart or was it only their child that he was really in love with? Did he prefer Marisa to Camila or would he not really care if he ever fucked either of them again? After all, he picked up females wherever he went (like twin succubi on Eden). Did any of the females really care for him *deeply* (as opposed to a friends-with-benefits fuck, or a charge-me-up please fuck)? When he returned from the dead, it seemed like, ‘Wow, I’m glad you’re back’. That’s it? Overall, I got the sense that these females were like dear friends to him, even though he called them family. I didn’t get the sense that any of them were a person that would cause him to be lost in despair if they left him. Likewise, I got the sense that the females really liked him, enjoyed him for sex and being around the ‘sweet man’ (and his charge-me-up potential), but not necessarily that they were all tied up to him either. Overall, I got the feeling of a fuzzy warmness between Henry and his fuck buddies. In contrast to that, the author made it clear how Henry and Roy felt about each other.

I found it interesting that all these females found Henry/Stanley enchanting. Henry wasn’t necessarily a man of great confidence, except with computers. Females are attracted to self-confidence more than any other thing. Sweet guys (without great self-confidence) are more often friends than lovers. I can understand how a person raised like Henry would be the way BurntRedstone described, but that’s not a lady’s man. That suggests that there was magical component to his attraction of females. However, that was not made clear except for his pheromone-induced orgy ability. This was a case where greater clarity would have helped.

I also strongly suggest having a cast of characters at the start of the story to reacquaint the reader with who is who. This is particularly useful when the cast of characters may be 24 or more and the previous volume was published 2 years ago.

Thank you for another great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

we've had jack, ben, ed and stanley. I'm just looking forward to your next amazing character.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Disappointed

I’m not going to leave a rating on this story because, as a fellow author, I understand the value of each star. From the current standing, it seems the majority of readers really enjoy this story. Unfortunately, it must be said, I am not one of them. Granted, this is simply my own opinion, and each of us are entitled to them. It pains me to say it, because I was such a huge fan of this series. As a student of Russian Literature I am very much aware that the concept of a “happy ending” is mostly an American invention. Somber endings can be beautiful, but only when they have meaning. It’s been said in the comments before, the final word of this story renders all the death and suffering...pretty much all for nothing. There are so many issues with this story that I’m not sure I can list them all, so let me begin with the largest.

You did my boy Nate wrong.

At the end of Part 2 you left us hanging in suspense as to whether Nate would survive his capture, and we waited patiently for so long to see what his fate would be. This was a well liked character, one you liked so much you pulled him from his own story and into Henry’s universe. And when we finally see him again, we find a broken, tortured soul who simply wants his friends to save him so he can be reunited with Marisa. So what happens? Henry dumps him in Eden and Nate is more or less forgotten. When he finally returns, he’s driven by vengeance, to kill the Fae who tortured him and to save Marisa, the woman he clearly has feelings for. He achieves none of these. I don’t remember if he ever even sees Marisa again before she’s tossed into Eden through another tear. But what DOES happen is he kills a baby. As mentioned by someone else, this isn’t a plot device to be used lightly, and in this story it serves practically no purpose whatsoever other than to torture Nate even further in his guilt. And shortly after that, Nate dies, not in an act of vengeance but in a selfless last attempt to save Henry. It was a perfect moment of redemption...and it too was completely fucking meaningless. Nate died trying to save Henry but failed, since Eleanor pronounces both dead at the scene. Nate is gone, but Henry somehow gets his body to Eden (never explained) for six months to literally bring himself to back from the dead with magic. Nate literally dies for nothing. Along with three billion humans, but that's a separate gripe.

To make things worse, when Henry does show up six months later, he’s the most unlikable character in the story. He walks in with two Succubi who add zero value to the story and takes them to bed alone despite the fact that his condo is filled with people who have missed him dearly for the past half year. No mention of Nate is made, not even by Marisa when Henry has the audacity to apologize for not being there for the birth. You know who should have been there? Nate. But nobody seems to care that he’s gone, despite their claims that this group is a family. The last mention of him is during Roy’s hearing, and only as a cheap explanation of how he died. Apart from that, nobody seems to give a fuck. Not Henry, and certainly not Marisa. The rest of them are just so overjoyed that Henry, the center of their universe, is back from the grave. Breakfast at Meixu’s everyone!

Killing off likeable characters can be a powerful literary tool when done right. The sad thing is, you have so much potential when it comes to creating characters. I genuinely loved the cast of this series, not just Nate. And when an author does his job properly, as you have, we readers find ourselves actually caring about these characters and what happens to them. Their actions, and deaths, should have meaning. Otherwise, why go through the trouble of making us like them? Nate's demise could have been meaningful, but to me it felt like a cheap way to off a character because you felt somebody had to die since there was a huge battle.

abiostudent3abiostudent3over 3 years ago
Can't lie, I'm a little shook.

Are you really setting this *and* Jack down for good? That's a little heartbreaking, if so.

I would love to see a story about how this mess gets cleaned up; life with the women he loves, and seeing him build a family; about what being the most powerful being looks like when you aren't a malevolent little shit. (Sorry Baba, but... Genocide to escape a curse is a little extreme.)

And I keep waiting for the day I get another heartwarming story about my favorite ambassador sitting in my 'news' box.

I'm sure I will read whatever you turn to next and love it, but I will always want more of these universes.

Cheers

Khirsa78Khirsa78over 3 years ago
The end?

I see there seems to be some turmoil in the comments. Picking apart the story is probably not what Burnt was looking for. And to the lit student....you ruined your credibility not seeing the use of disposable characters.

Burnt, this is a good series and the way you wrapped it up was vaguely specific. I like that as it allows you to come back to it at a later date if you choose. I really like the creativity you put in. Some things not in line with traditional lore but this is your story and your universe. I mean if people can believe in a spider man and such why not in the universe you create and cultivate. Keep on doing what your doing as it gives us readers enjoyment!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Disposable Character

Nobody is arguing that disposable characters can't be useful or even that Nate couldn't have been one. The issue is when you disoose of said character for no purpose. It just seems odd, Nate's demise, since it added nothing to the story as far as character development. Nobody seemed to care that he was gone, not even Marissa who was mother to his child and not even Henry who didn't seem to notice the absence of a friend. I understand the group was glad to have Henry back, but I just can't see them all acting the way they did at the end, as if things were just fine.

I apologize for coming off the way I did. I was disappointed and upset, and when I said I was a student of Russian literature I meant that I've studied it in college but not as my degree (sorry for not clarifying). But I stand by what I've said regarding the treatment if characters. Perhaps I'm alone in this and I'm certainly open to hearing other opinions. The fact is, Burnt creates great characters, really makes you want to be friends with them. That's a credit to you as a writer, really. Its something I myself struggle with. But that's also why this ending felt so out of place, at least for me.

Geon54Geon54over 3 years ago
Potential Realized

What a ride! Thank you for a phenomenal finale. Lots of pieces joined together with some great segues. Loved it!

Would have preferred:

a) for Mab to have killed the baby (if it really had to go, after all it was her child too) and

b) that Nate's sacrifice hadn't been "off camera"

but those are minor quibbles overall.

I liked the interludes with Sandy, Tish and Dayshia when they "went home". Those added some much needed depth to those characters, because there had not been a lot to differentiate them. Sandy's encounter with the cop almost seemed out of character, but her subsequent confrontation with Roger would have been much more jarring without it, so "Mission Accomplished" on that score. Good choice on using her to end him.

In thinking about this world you've built, the mind wanders to creatures we haven't seen yet. My twisted mind conjures up a sparkly, pastel colored Unicorn who prefers their "disguise" of a cigar chomping, foul mouthed trollish man living in a pool hall. But maybe that's just me.

At the top of the chapter you list "Satyr Play Christmas Bonus" as following this chapter. Does that mean Santa Redstone still has something for us???

Finally, eloquent turns of phrase often catch my eye while reading. You had one in the woods as Eleanor was about to operate on her husband with her mind-made instruments:

"..the weight of potential.."

I gotta say, thats not a bad summation for what you've realized with Satyr Play. Thanks again

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Mixed feelings...

In a series I’ve enjoyed more that practically anything else I’ve read on this site, I finished your story less than happy. Having to kill off the human race implied failure on your characters’ account; killing off a baby was failure on the author’s.

Of lesser complaints, having Tish just nod her head and smile when her love, the father of her child returns from the dead after six months and toddles off to bed with a matched set of succubi? Have you even read your own story? If she had been asked to share his bed with Sandy, say, I might buy it— but with these two big-boobed sex dolls with wings? I don’t think so.

Finally, I enjoyed the various scenes taking place in the caldera of a volcano in Columbia. Now, granted, it was at Columbia that, back in 1941, Enrico Fermi first proposed to Edward Teller the idea of a nuclear fusion bomb ignited by a smaller fission bomb, but I didn’t think that’s what you were talking about somehow. Should you ever decide to edit your stories for publication (Hɪɴᴛ! Hɪɴᴛ!), you might remember that Colombia with an 𝙤 is a country in South America while Columbia with a 𝙪 is a university in New York City.

So, five stars for every section bar the last— it lost one, for the sacrifice of the infant.

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

What a great read! I binged the series having stumbled across it shortly before the holidays and my, what a ride that was. Truly amazing storyweaving, i was only annoyed about your disclaimers about you deviating from the norm. Hell, everybody dabbling in Fantasy does that, borrowing ideas, characters and creatures from what was there before....

Plotwise, the entire thing being just a lengthy convoluted construct of Baba to escape her dealing with the powers of before.... felt a bit hollow. That snarky very last sentence however kind of softend the growing dread. Still. All 'regular' humans in exchange for an end to eternity? Come on Baba, swallow up, it WAS your choice to begin with....

Thanks for providing a superb read, in my eyes, something en par with the underdark story of ... arg. Forgot her name, and the scifi work of hammingbyrd.

Keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not Good

I just spent all day reading the 5 main parts of this story back to back to back so I'm kinda burned out at this point and will keep it short. You're a great writer and this was an awful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
So all of their human family are dead.

Okay so either all of the former human girls families turned into non humans after the green light came down or they are all dead. If they are dead their reactions make 0 sense so conveniently all of them had to have become non humans.

Then you have Yuko who has Henry's child but did not return to New York in the 6 months that Henry was gone. We also dont know if Nate is 100% dead or if he is alive and just in a coma.

It's also weird that after losing a majority of the world's government officials ,because again unless they all became non humans, they are gone, that total chaos and anarchy did not happen.

SlangTang69SlangTang69over 3 years ago
Don't pay attention to the heaters

This was a great story that helps my attention for over a week. I read slowly to shoot it. Nice twist on the magic concept. I've read your other stories and liked them too. Nice job. You can't please everyone, but this pleased me.

NukaGirl88NukaGirl88over 3 years ago

Reading the comments and glad to see im not the only one disappointed with this one. You gave Henry a literal army of Bahasa friends at the end of part 2 and I was hoping to see them all band together to fight, and instead you tosses them aside and brought in the silver people which was unnecessary. The Yuko plot i think most of us could have done without. She doesn't deserve any favors, not after forcing Henry to travel to Japan and embarrass himself, fuck that. The werewolf fight felt oddly placed since it didn't really go anywhere. Baba's plan doesn't make any sense, why bring back all the extinct races in the first place? And as its been said before, Henry showing up with the two ferals and giving zero fucks about any of his friends felt like a slap in the face to all those characters you made us fall in love with. I dunno, this story was kind of boring and left me feeling absolutely no sense of closure. You're a better writer than this and you know it.

BigDog167BigDog167over 3 years ago
Good story.

Let me say up front that I am not a big fantasy fan and not into furries, but I did enjoy the story. I liked the first chapter the best because it seemed more focused to me and was a little more relatable. I do read everything you post and enjoy them all to one degree or another. You are one of the best writers on Lit and I will continue to watch for your Ben Sheppard stories.

If you ever decide you want to try a vampire type story shoot me a line. I have an idea for a different type vampire story that would be right up your alley I believe. While I write a little for my wife and I, I can not write like you and my dialog sucks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Amazing

I legitimately have read every story you’ve written and I’m always completely captivated by them. I started reading from the first Satyr Play story and didn’t stop until I head read all of them (who needs sleep anyways).

I was a little confused as to the inclusion of the silver people BUT in the end everything worked out. It would have been cool to see how all the “contingency” plans were SUPPOSED to work out but I was glad to see the end of characters who either were clearly going to be trouble (djinn) or whose intentions were good but you knew ultimately they were going to fuck everything up (Nate).

I can NOT wait for part 4 to figure out the point of the Ferals or how the rest of the group will deal with Henry’s return and the shenanigans he’s going to wind up in

drycreeksdrycreeksover 3 years ago

This was such n awesome story. So well written the characters were great. Im.hoping theres a chance for a sequel ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Pretty certain Nate isn't dead my dudes

Not sure why everyone is so cocksure that Nate is dead. If I read the story correctly, him being dead isn't mentioned a single time. He absorbed the energy from the child through the knife. We're talking about the child of Mab and Henry. The one that carries the special connection that Henry has tapped into in moments of need. There are also the feral succubi to account for which are an unknown quantity, especially given their new state. And then there is Henry, who was also in Eden with Nate (dead, or... ?)

I agree that the behavior of some of the characters at the end in Trish's place was a little odd, but every one of them has been shown to have pretty high emotional intelligence and have had 6 months to process everything that has happened to their families. The ending leaves plenty of room to come back on. Overall fantastic, original story and I hope you come back to the universe!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
To The Last Comment

Keep in mind this was supposed to be the last chapter, apart from a Christmas special. It's possible Nate could return in that, but I think Burnt was purposely killing him off due to the disappointment some readers felt that Marissa wasn't solely Henry's anymore. Which seems a bit selfish on their part, seeing how Henry has a growing harem.

Now that he plans to continue the series maybe we'll see Nate again. But I agree with the other comments, the way Henry and Marissa ignored the loss of their friend is way out of character for both of them. Henry literally agreed to have a child with Yuko, a girl who has tried to kill him and injure his friends and made him personally fly to Japan to embarrass himself before an entire nation. And yet he still helped her have a child because he cares about the people around him and didn't want her to get hurt. So for him to seemingly not care at all about Nate's absence feels wrong. Even if he knows something we don't, the lack of empathy is off putting. The ferals were jist insult to injury really.

So 4 stars from me, really liked this series for the most part and I hope you manage to clarify some things in the next chapter. Not sure I'll be reading or not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Anonymous comment on 1/26

Regarding Nate being dead: there was a part where Roy was talking to the Magic Council near the end of page 26, "...When we stepped back onto Earth, we found Henry on the roadway. The body of his friend Nathan Walker was nearby. A witness on the scene indicated Nathan caught Henry as he fell from the roof and attempted to carry him to the ground, but he was too heavy. He managed to slow them until his wings broke, at which time he spun them to break Henry's landing. They struck the ground hard."

So, unless he figured out a way to wield healing magic like Henry, or Henry managed to heal him after fixing himself (which is unlikely since it apparently took him months to heal himself), or they're straight up lying to the council to keep them Nate away from them, there's a better than fair chance he did die.

That said, I'm of the opinion he's alive on Eden recovering from his ordeal with Mab and getting his head on straight. Guess we'll find out when Lit approves the new chapter!

muskyboymuskyboyabout 3 years ago

4/5 The baby's death added nothing, and took away quite a bit from a wonderful story in my mind. Can't understand why you would put that in there?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Such an epic ending to an epic tale. But wait, there's more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wow! Fantastic story and your writing is superb. Excellent. Please continue, I'm looking forward to more surprises.

Thanks so much for your time and effort in creating and posting such a wonderful story. 5 stars, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Freaking awesome! Great chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Bravo sir!

Nexte100Nexte100over 2 years ago

Nukagirl comment is spot on. Gave 5 stars for your writing ability and enjoyment of earlier chapters, but I'm the end, I was disappointed. Way too much content throughout the 200k words of ch 3 just didn't matter at all. I found myself shaking my head when introduced to all of the many character backstories (the Fae doctor twins are a good example) that I'm 100% confident won't matter. It just gets tiresome.

There's just so much fluff here, I'm sorry to say. The silver people, the lava segments, the military industrial complex. All of it felt like filler, and I found myself skipping over it to get to the precious moments of real character connection, like the scenes with Tish, Sandy, and Dayshia visiting family (absolute gold there!). There's no character connection anymore either. From ch 3 pt 1 onward, we just see exposition about how everyone loves Henry. Read "it was odd, but I found as though I thought differently about him than all the other partners I've enjoyed in the past", or some such, from almost every woman, but none of it amounted to anything in the end. Everyone ruminates about how much they love Henry, but there's not a lot of romance here. After reading the first few chapters and thinking that he would surely end up with Marisa as his primary mate, and then seeing her just drop Henry like a bad habit for Nate, I should have seen how shallow ask of the relations would end up being, but I didn't.

Long and short: this story went from being wonderfully character driven romantic erotica with tight sci fi intrigue to a story driven attempt at epic sci fi/fantasy with lots of superficial relationships thrown in. You are a superlative writer with a creative mind, but this one didn't work for me, in the end.

Aside - also not nearly enough sex for my taste, at this point. Sorry if that's crass, but c'mon, this is Literotica. I think I read one explicit sex scene in this 93k word installment, and it was with characters that I despised (Yuko and Jun).

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

So, so, so good! Lost sleep reading this I series! Thank-you so much for your writing talent!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great lore, impeccable plot twists and strategy, and a cool conclusion to the Baba/Stanley/Henry thread.

Don't listen to those complaining about a need for more sex scenes. This is LITerotica...not smutstories dot com. The sex scenes we get are great, and there have been plenty in the saga.

Keep up the awesome work.

Lobosolo51Lobosolo51over 2 years ago

Just an awesome series . . . thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Still living this story

MajesticJMajesticJover 2 years ago

The author has presented a rich and varied world for us that I really appreciate. The people complaining about too much filler or fluff also are the ones complaining about not enough sex. Last I checked sex encounters are the ultimate version of fluff. I think if what you want is a little story padded with a lot of sex then there’s plenty of stories to choose from on literotica maybe this one isn’t for you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An excellent work. You are a Master craftsman.

Anony Mous

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The author provides mostly story plot. He provides brief sex scenes second. Compared to story plot and sex scenes, he provides comparatively little to indicate romance and depth of emotion in my opinion. There are a few sentences to provide some clues.

How does Henry feel about his harem? He has lived with Sandy and Tish. He fucked them a lot and has a deep affection for them. That was particularly shown for Tish at the very end of Part 3. He has a deep love, protectiveness, and loyalty to his friends, but especially to his child with Tish. His level of devotion to them goes beyond usual friendship, but is it to the level of a captivated love with wife and partner in life? I don’t think the author makes that clear. I think he may love Sigrid. Minkah seems to think so. He says he loves Marisa.

The author does make clear that the nature of satyrs and succubi do not allow monogamous relationships. There can be life partners, the special someone, but there will always be other sex partners. That is patently true for Henry. I don’t think that he would ever chose only one of his harem and exclude the rest.

He has now fucked Yuko, Jun, Sandy, Tish, Camila, Malisa, and Sigrid, and presumably the twin bonded, feral succubi.

What seems out of character to me is his willingness to give Yuko a child, when he doesn’t even like her and she may not truly love him. I understand that his compassion would normally demand him to fuck her if that was all that was needed to break the soul bond. He would probably fuck her if she just asked – but give her a child? He so much desires to be a parent to any child that he produces. Why does he think that he will be able to be a father to Yuko’s child? Does he really trust her to honor that agreement?

One of Henry’s primary traits is his compassion for others, particularly females. He also has some traits that would make him a great leader and combatant. He has an extremely strong will and desire to live. He has a great intellect, particularly for programming which he has adapted to spell casting. His intellect also allows him to figure things out, like when there may be invisible goblins about. He has social traits (love, protectiveness, and loyalty) that inspire love, trust, and loyalty from others in his team, providing him a great supporting cast. Conversely, his self-confidence is lacking, and he does not always have the resolve to do what is necessary and continue the fight without emotional debilitation.

He is slowly becoming more alpha. He killed by himself 5 ogres, 24 goblins, and the second greatest mage in existence, Mad Mab. That’s quite a resume! I loved it when the Hidden Council dwarf threatened Henry and his harem, and Henry responded by dropping him in a lake of lava. I thought he had finally grown balls. Then he ruined that impression by crying. “Woe is me; my harem will think less of me…” When Sigrid and Roy often kill, and I believe Camila and others have also, he thinks he may be thought less of when he kills… that doesn’t even make sense.

The coolest action that I’ve seen Henry perform was the way he removed the magic dagger and Mad Mab’s hand from play! Well done author on that one!

How does his harem feel about him? They all seem loyal to him and at least consider him a great lay and friend (fuckbuddy). The story briefly describes unfamiliar emotions of the succubi. The story makes seems to indicate that Camila has the hots for him but so does Marisa.

Mahati wants him and maybe her sister, Kali, does as well. Michelle is intrigued by him and seems to have a closer relationship to him than any other male. Dashia apparently loves him now and wants to tell him so. Siobahn finally has sex with him but doesn’t seem to be a regular and not as close as some of the other females. Lorelei also desires him. Minkah seems to have feelings for him that she is fighting. Meixiu remains attached to Henry. The level of the bonded twin feral sucubi’s commitment to Henry is obvious by the definition of bonded. He obviously is attached to them as well.

Tish seems to be his best lay. The satyrs’ bodies were made for each other. She likes sex as much as he does. His wild magic does not seem to affect her adversely.

I still find the diatribe about Henry dying with a spin of a ring to be inconsistent with what was reported in the story. Henry is a satyr. Spinning a ring kills humans. Henry is not a human. It’s that simple.

The previous time he was killed (lightning bolts for 47 continuous seconds melting his eyes and etc. likely his brain too), he was able to heal himself rather quickly. This time when he died, it took six months. It was not clear why.

The author did a better job of describing Henry's harem’s jubilation from his return from the dead after Henry was lightning struck than his return from the dead after falling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I really only have two problems with this chapter.

1) It was disappointing that you didn't divulge what happened with Fish and Daesha's families. You noted that Sandys parents were gone and most of their friends but made no mention of the fates of the others. Are they gone too? Or did they survive because they were doused with the wild magic during the skyfall event before the ring was turned? Is that why not all humans were erased too? We really needed closure here.

2) I also felt cheated out of the emotional impact of Henry's "death" by only hearing about it 6 months after the fact. You should have shown the immediate reactions of the friends when they found him and in the week or so following it instead of after they came to terms with it. It would have made the payoff of his return much more satisfying. It feels like you wanted to avoid having to detail the impact for each of the supporting cast. This was simply lazy writing.

Other than that though, it was another entertaining read from one of the best authors on this site and worthy of a 5* rating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Can't wait for for part 2 of 04 best sci fi story I've ever read

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithalmost 2 years ago

BRILLIANT!! Although at one point, just prior to Mad Mab, wiping out half of humanity, Baba Yaga is referred to as Mab, ... but for such a marvelous story you are forgiven this typo. Thanks for sharing. :-) TTFN

Spar1995Spar1995over 1 year ago

Finishing this one was not as satisfying as I'd come to expect from Redstone. I absolutely adore the Shepherd, Danner, and Ed storylines and I was truly excited when starting this story because it was more of what I'd already loved. I think that Redstone is a fantastic author and I can't wait to read more from them. However, the ending to this part just feels so wrong. You mean to tell me that Baba's entire ploy was just to die but had to go through this entire convoluted plot just to do it? Why did she help stop Walter's plot a couple parts back then? She could've stopped anyone from interfering and let Stanley kill off Humanity. If it's because she cares about him, why didn't she do what she did anyway and just separate his Satyr and Human selves but months and months earlier? And what was the point of Henry's daughter? As far as I can tell, her death was pointless and unnecessary. Same for DJ. She told him that he could serve one final purpose only for him to get killed by Carl. Why even introduce him and made it seem like he was important enough to piss Baba off when Henry freed him only for him to just die a few pages later with no contribution to the story. I feel bad for Nate as well. I understand that his character wasn't well received and I honestly felt that same, but his death truly seemed like it didn't even affect anyone. Marissa never mentioned him nor Henry when looking at Nate's own child. Just seemed unfair to the guy who supposedly meant something to Marissa. I don't mean to criticize so much but this ending just felt so rushed and had no emotional payoff. We learn about Henry's death a paragraph or two before he magically appears again so there is no time for us to really ponder what his death might mean for the gang. Idk I could go on, but suffice to say that I think you could have done better and wish you had done so for a story that I loved for the most part. I'm hoping 4 part 1 helps soothe a lot of my concerns.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, damn long but the author had so much to tell us. Toughest part was finding enough time to enjoy it with daily life and “things, interfering. Many thanks for sharing your story with us.

beach_bouybeach_bouyover 1 year ago

Beautiful ending, beautiful story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Gordon?? Who the hell is this, now!! Scratch, scratch. . 🤔 Colonel, colonel Crane, Crane and also Gordon!! Just a bit too much! There are plenty of characters to remember without using multiple names for the same person. You also have this habit of walking people in, but not mentioning there names for sometimes two paragraphs later. Oh!! That's who he's talking about!! 😅 I have to say though.... I have read all your stories and enjoyed them. 😁

caveman21936caveman21936over 1 year ago

This is a horrible story! Everyone that we were made to care about dies! The whole point of the story was to prevent the extinction of humanity. That disaster was set up all the way back in part 1. Yet it happened anyway! Why bother writing the story, then? Same with Nate and with Henry's baby girl; you set it up where the plot goals were to rescue them, and they both died. The hero failed to save them. The story failed to deliver on its promises.

LevindlLevindlover 1 year ago

Could not stop laughing with the final word of the chapter which obviously showed Baba still existed in someway, yet was so classic in her responses that it gave no question as to who said it!

Well done!!!

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

Imtense extraordinary magic tale ..... Great Aarat work ....... I couldn't get a grip with the Epilogue ..... Why the magic races still use the disguise as the humans are vanished and why this xongress hearing to get a grip what hapend ...... The Epilogue left to much rifts ....... The whole story was an gantastic rollercoasters ride

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🍀

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 1 year ago

A complex tale, I laughed, and I cried, ... for a first foray into writing a tale grounded in magic, ... ya dun good!

nighthawk22204nighthawk22204over 1 year ago

I am reflecting on the similarity of your Hidden Race characters and electric vehicles. Both burn up energy, using more for extreme output requirements, and needing to be recharged by plugging into external sources for either quick short term temp recharges, or long-term for full power recharging. Not unlike needing to drop into a fuel station for any vehicle to get refueled. But your characters have no backup refueling available such as a home generator or an extra fuel container to carry on board.

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyover 1 year ago

@nighthawk22204 - Re: Energy recharging.

All living beings have to recharge their lost energy, it's usually referred to as eating and drinking in people and animal life. Plant life utilises photosynthesis to turn UV light into usable energy alongside water to draw nutrients into it's being. I understand mushrooms feed on various organic matter by breaking it down in varying ways. It all depends on your method of energy intake. Likening the 'hidden races' to machines seems like a sloppy analogy that doesn't really fit living beings. The 'magic' that the hidden races depend on is an energy that exists in their surroundings, emanating from a particular world/dimension. The old magic world was closing itself off from their world taking the availability away whereas the wild magic of Eden was bleeding through fairly happily. There is no way to generate this energy for emergency use, even Henry as a 'source' just has a tear/portal to the wild magic world that let's the magic through.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Enjoyed the story tremendously!

Mike R

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Captivating, enthralling, immersive. Good work, Old Son!

Irenae21Irenae2111 months ago

I wanna say yeeeey she's alive but man, she deserves some peace hey. I love her so much. Thank you thank you thank you

Irenae21Irenae2111 months ago

I know Yuko wasn't human but is it too much to hope she died with the 3bil? I think they aborted the baby that's why the mom wanted her back asap

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Perfect. Great. Wonderful. Love it. 5 stars (for the 3rd or 4th time). Thanks for posting.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith8 months ago

...at the end of the chapter, Henry softly says "Goodnight Baba", and moments later, out of the darkness of the child's bedroom comes a familiar voice, "Fuck!", .... what a wild cliffhanger to end it on, .... wonderful storytelling, ...

-- and we know about Tish and Marisa's babies, but what about Yoko's? Stay tuned for the next chapter(s), ... ;-) ttfn

RanDog025RanDog0257 months ago

Damn I love this story and this Author. Another 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMINGNOVA STARS! Thanks once more BRS!

Old_LionOld_Lion6 months ago

QUOTE

"With a global presence and representation in every country, it was the most ambitious and well managed public health program ever orchestrated."

UNQUOTE.

A global governmental medical program that ran perfectly, with no lead time, funding or staffing. TRULY FICTION or more likely TUBS (Total Utter Bull Shit)

1*

Old_LionOld_Lion6 months ago

All humans dead. Except Evangelists, Congress, High level Government and Military officials an assorted others

Total FUBAR.

BigotedeFocaBigotedeFoca5 months ago

Absolutely superb, yeah, where did that “fuck” come from? Stay tuned. 5 Huge Stars

Mashaton89Mashaton895 months ago

Definitely another 5 Stars..

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Really didn’t explain why only some humans vanished…or were all survivors non-human? That didn’t seem to be the case. Kind of screwed up a VERY good story up to that point. A simple explanation would’ve been nice, especially as this was originally supposed to be the last of the series.

KerrionKerrion4 months ago

As all humans are now gone (though maybe not dead?) There's apparently many who's appearance hasn't changed. Maybe they don't realize they've changed or are in denial of it. After all, the humans didn't leave any dead bodies behind. Some clarity would be nice. I don't see the Christmas Bonus (unless it's incorporated into chapter 4. Maybe that will clear some things up. Hope so. I LOVE the series!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

10/5 !!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

A dynamic Action Adventure movie. An ending with twist? If the globe 'lost' 3 billion of humanity, would stop climate change and political stressor to nuclear war? (Examining the tensions, and the enemy is us...)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES