All Comments on 'Satyr Play'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 234 Comments (Page 3)
nighthawk22204nighthawk22204over 1 year ago

What's the difference between good storytelling and good writing? A good storyline has consistent continuity, creating and developing the characters and their interactions. Good writing also makes it easily readable. That's why correct language-sensitive spelling, grammar, punctuation are all so important. They develop the inflections, pauses, even the accents of the spoken storyline and dialects of the actors. If you want to self edit, read your story aloud. Do the characters just ramble on without inflection so a listener/reader can't tell the difference between a parenthetical remark or a compound sentence? I am an inveterate reader; I like to read the good stories which are well-written, but have never elected to listen to any of the audios published on Lit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Recapping

This is maybe the third time i've read this but i'm reading the whole thing again to refresh my mind for the new part i'm (im)patiently waiting to be updated lol

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Gosh i am glad i found these!

NKKMDNKKMDover 1 year ago

F****** awesome!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Rereading this for the second time. The writing is still fine, the characters are still interesting, and the worldbuilding going on is still amazing! Good work!

bws1bws1about 1 year ago

I'm not a CIO, but I've done just about all of the tasks you had Stanley going through, throughout my career. I'm thinking its safe to assume that you're in MIS/IT/InfoSec? That said, not only did I enjoy the story lines and the interaction between the characters, but I also like how you wove tech into the story line realistically Outstanding!

ThrustDThrustDabout 1 year ago

It really threw me off when you had Camila being referred to as the CIO multiple times when Stanleys neighbors were looking for him in the office building.

RodimusMikeRodimusMikeabout 1 year ago
All of the cast.

Stanley now Henry,Paloma now Marsa,Camila,Roy,Sigrid,Baba Yaga,Walter Zhou,Queen Mab,Sandy,Meixui,Roger,Dayshia,Tish,Felix,Siobahn,Inspector Harmon,and Inspector Morris,oh and Yuko,Younger Sister,and Mom.

Now it wasn't explained what lingering effects Sandy would have from eating Stanleys cum off Marisa's finger but could that mean Sandy now has magical abilities since her hair can sense Stanley's presence when he is close to Sandy.

Also about Paloma/Marisa obviously has feelings for Stanley and maybe even loves him despite her being a Succubus,somehow I think Marisa could see spending the rest of her life with Stanley/Henry.

Baba Yaga granted is a hard-ass bitch,but for Stanley she loves and protects him at any cost,but her being a Witch and a powerful one at that is pretty much the scariest woman you never want to come across,oh and it wasn't discussed but when she showed up behind Detective Harmon after she supposedly ate Ulysses and threw up his husk and bones did that mean she ate him.Damn that Woman is scary as shit.

Sigrid,and Camila both seem more like friends with benefits with Stanley than actual love interests.Roy on the other hand is seen as a Father Figure to Stanley since he looks so much like his Dad.

Now for Meixiu it was unfortunate she spent a life of slavery to Walter Zhou,but for her to bite Stanley so she could escape was completely justified,and Stanley being the sweetest person,satyr there is forgave Meixiu,so I take it that Meixiu will forever retain her child appearence since she is a vampire.Ultimately sin Sigrid and them rescued Meixiu she now is free,and for that I am happy and hope she now lives a peaceful life free of Walter Zhou who is now dead like he belongs.

Finally back to Marisa and Sandy,but could they also have occassional funtime in the future especially with Stanley/Henry,and could Henry in human form be with Sandy since his two forms have different levels,that would be so Awesome.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

A very entertaining story. Good job to our author and his editors.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

p. 29: My aunt, Camila Villamor, is the CIO.

Must be CEO

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Exellent story. I love the folklore.

SandurSandurabout 1 year ago

This Baba Yaga looks like more powerful than Gandalf and Dumbledore, but dark.

SandurSandurabout 1 year ago

Tell me in this story or rather particular universe Vampire or born or made, because Meixiu said she was gifted as a child by her parents or they were just adopted parents.

Irenae21Irenae2111 months ago

A tall order of orgasms for our resident Queen Witch, grandma YaGa!!!! Love her.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith8 months ago

Stanley, the Last Satyr, ... the Witch Baba Yaga, ... the Queen of the Fairies, Mab, ... all of the people of the Manhattan Financial house, VRL, ... Stanley's friends and neighbors, .... and many more, ... this is an excellent opening story to a wonderful series that was a joy to read the first time, and it is an exceptional tale to reread, ... BurntRedstone wished to try his hand at writing a magic and monsters tale, and he has more than just succeeded, he has set new standards for these types of stories, .... I think you could safely say that I liked it, .... ;-) ttfn

servant111servant1118 months ago

Absolutely loved it!!!

5 stars

RanDog025RanDog0257 months ago

Damn, what a brilliant Author! Second to None! Been over a year since I've had the pleasure of reading this series. Love it to pieces! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

1inquiringmind1inquiringmind7 months ago

Absolutely delightful tale. An exemplary illustration of the genre. This was my second reading. Kudos to the author.

Mashaton89Mashaton896 months ago

5 Stars. What a well written story.

BigotedeFocaBigotedeFoca6 months ago

Jesus, what did your parents feed you on that opened the door to such a wonderful imagination. Absolutely out of this world lol. Need more stars. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Echos of Zelasney…one of the best writers of my generation.

KerrionKerrion5 months ago

The second story I've read from you, and the second story I've ever read on Lit that thru simply don't allow enough stars for! I did notice that you called Camilla the CIO twice instead of CEO, but that will only reduce my opinion of your masterful skill from 11 stars down to 10.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (with some explicatives added, of course)

dgfergiedgfergie5 months ago

My second read and still just as good if not better than the first!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

3 days , almost non stop reading , with sometimes a translator needed... i'm french

it got me so thrilled

darussiandarussian4 months ago

Wow. This is amazing. Incredible work

rbloch66rbloch664 months ago

I was on the edge of my seat the whole way through. Amazingly well crafted, and a truly enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I'd love to see a crossover story between this universe and the Horny Monsters universe.

The fae, succubi, satyrs, kitsune, arachnids, goblins, etc

Gadf77Gadf773 months ago

Wow ! This was so well written and engaging that I bing-read the whole thing lol. When I read the title/sub text, I expected the MC to end up in a magic world full of satyrs. But instead, he's the one who's a satyr. Very nice.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Finishing this story made me late for work.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What imagination and storytelling. I can't believe the plot outline you developed to fill in this tale of discovery. That you for creating a parallel world and beings provide escapism from a harsh reality to the myths and legends of old.

CassandraMcQuarryCassandraMcQuarryabout 2 months ago

Wow, a truly masterpiece here. Not read for the continuation yet, will savor this tale for some weeks, Stanley will be in my dreams! :*

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

Too many holes in the plot to maintain interest, too predictable to develop any intrigue.

Had to struggle to get to page 15.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

weirdly weak start, and ive got valid criticism of several things, but pretty fun when it got rolling

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES