All Comments on 'Satyr Play'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 234 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

weirdly weak start, and ive got valid criticism of several things, but pretty fun when it got rolling

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

Too many holes in the plot to maintain interest, too predictable to develop any intrigue.

Had to struggle to get to page 15.

CassandraMcQuarryCassandraMcQuarryabout 2 months ago

Wow, a truly masterpiece here. Not read for the continuation yet, will savor this tale for some weeks, Stanley will be in my dreams! :*

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What imagination and storytelling. I can't believe the plot outline you developed to fill in this tale of discovery. That you for creating a parallel world and beings provide escapism from a harsh reality to the myths and legends of old.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Finishing this story made me late for work.

Gadf77Gadf773 months ago

Wow ! This was so well written and engaging that I bing-read the whole thing lol. When I read the title/sub text, I expected the MC to end up in a magic world full of satyrs. But instead, he's the one who's a satyr. Very nice.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I'd love to see a crossover story between this universe and the Horny Monsters universe.

The fae, succubi, satyrs, kitsune, arachnids, goblins, etc

rbloch66rbloch665 months ago

I was on the edge of my seat the whole way through. Amazingly well crafted, and a truly enjoyable read.

darussiandarussian5 months ago

Wow. This is amazing. Incredible work

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

3 days , almost non stop reading , with sometimes a translator needed... i'm french

it got me so thrilled

dgfergiedgfergie5 months ago

My second read and still just as good if not better than the first!

KerrionKerrion5 months ago

The second story I've read from you, and the second story I've ever read on Lit that thru simply don't allow enough stars for! I did notice that you called Camilla the CIO twice instead of CEO, but that will only reduce my opinion of your masterful skill from 11 stars down to 10.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (with some explicatives added, of course)

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Echos of Zelasney…one of the best writers of my generation.

BigotedeFocaBigotedeFoca6 months ago

Jesus, what did your parents feed you on that opened the door to such a wonderful imagination. Absolutely out of this world lol. Need more stars. Thanks

Mashaton89Mashaton896 months ago

5 Stars. What a well written story.

1inquiringmind1inquiringmind7 months ago

Absolutely delightful tale. An exemplary illustration of the genre. This was my second reading. Kudos to the author.

RanDog025RanDog0258 months ago

Damn, what a brilliant Author! Second to None! Been over a year since I've had the pleasure of reading this series. Love it to pieces! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

servant111servant1118 months ago

Absolutely loved it!!!

5 stars

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith9 months ago

Stanley, the Last Satyr, ... the Witch Baba Yaga, ... the Queen of the Fairies, Mab, ... all of the people of the Manhattan Financial house, VRL, ... Stanley's friends and neighbors, .... and many more, ... this is an excellent opening story to a wonderful series that was a joy to read the first time, and it is an exceptional tale to reread, ... BurntRedstone wished to try his hand at writing a magic and monsters tale, and he has more than just succeeded, he has set new standards for these types of stories, .... I think you could safely say that I liked it, .... ;-) ttfn

Irenae21Irenae2111 months ago

A tall order of orgasms for our resident Queen Witch, grandma YaGa!!!! Love her.

SandurSandurabout 1 year ago

Tell me in this story or rather particular universe Vampire or born or made, because Meixiu said she was gifted as a child by her parents or they were just adopted parents.

SandurSandurabout 1 year ago

This Baba Yaga looks like more powerful than Gandalf and Dumbledore, but dark.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Exellent story. I love the folklore.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

p. 29: My aunt, Camila Villamor, is the CIO.

Must be CEO

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

A very entertaining story. Good job to our author and his editors.

RodimusMikeRodimusMikeabout 1 year ago
All of the cast.

Stanley now Henry,Paloma now Marsa,Camila,Roy,Sigrid,Baba Yaga,Walter Zhou,Queen Mab,Sandy,Meixui,Roger,Dayshia,Tish,Felix,Siobahn,Inspector Harmon,and Inspector Morris,oh and Yuko,Younger Sister,and Mom.

Now it wasn't explained what lingering effects Sandy would have from eating Stanleys cum off Marisa's finger but could that mean Sandy now has magical abilities since her hair can sense Stanley's presence when he is close to Sandy.

Also about Paloma/Marisa obviously has feelings for Stanley and maybe even loves him despite her being a Succubus,somehow I think Marisa could see spending the rest of her life with Stanley/Henry.

Baba Yaga granted is a hard-ass bitch,but for Stanley she loves and protects him at any cost,but her being a Witch and a powerful one at that is pretty much the scariest woman you never want to come across,oh and it wasn't discussed but when she showed up behind Detective Harmon after she supposedly ate Ulysses and threw up his husk and bones did that mean she ate him.Damn that Woman is scary as shit.

Sigrid,and Camila both seem more like friends with benefits with Stanley than actual love interests.Roy on the other hand is seen as a Father Figure to Stanley since he looks so much like his Dad.

Now for Meixiu it was unfortunate she spent a life of slavery to Walter Zhou,but for her to bite Stanley so she could escape was completely justified,and Stanley being the sweetest person,satyr there is forgave Meixiu,so I take it that Meixiu will forever retain her child appearence since she is a vampire.Ultimately sin Sigrid and them rescued Meixiu she now is free,and for that I am happy and hope she now lives a peaceful life free of Walter Zhou who is now dead like he belongs.

Finally back to Marisa and Sandy,but could they also have occassional funtime in the future especially with Stanley/Henry,and could Henry in human form be with Sandy since his two forms have different levels,that would be so Awesome.

ThrustDThrustDabout 1 year ago

It really threw me off when you had Camila being referred to as the CIO multiple times when Stanleys neighbors were looking for him in the office building.

bws1bws1about 1 year ago

I'm not a CIO, but I've done just about all of the tasks you had Stanley going through, throughout my career. I'm thinking its safe to assume that you're in MIS/IT/InfoSec? That said, not only did I enjoy the story lines and the interaction between the characters, but I also like how you wove tech into the story line realistically Outstanding!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Rereading this for the second time. The writing is still fine, the characters are still interesting, and the worldbuilding going on is still amazing! Good work!

NKKMDNKKMDover 1 year ago

F****** awesome!

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Gosh i am glad i found these!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Recapping

This is maybe the third time i've read this but i'm reading the whole thing again to refresh my mind for the new part i'm (im)patiently waiting to be updated lol

nighthawk22204nighthawk22204over 1 year ago

What's the difference between good storytelling and good writing? A good storyline has consistent continuity, creating and developing the characters and their interactions. Good writing also makes it easily readable. That's why correct language-sensitive spelling, grammar, punctuation are all so important. They develop the inflections, pauses, even the accents of the spoken storyline and dialects of the actors. If you want to self edit, read your story aloud. Do the characters just ramble on without inflection so a listener/reader can't tell the difference between a parenthetical remark or a compound sentence? I am an inveterate reader; I like to read the good stories which are well-written, but have never elected to listen to any of the audios published on Lit.

nighthawk22204nighthawk22204over 1 year ago

I truly enjoyed this story so much; I went to Wikipedia to research a lot of the mythology, which made it even more enjoyable for me to see how realistic this story really is. I liked the character development along with the early introduction of unexplained events followed later in the course of the story by disclosure of the details clarifying earlier results. One glaring error to me based upon the story in the Manhattan region was describing the path train which we all know must be identified as the PATH train (Port Authority Trans Hudson.) Otherwise typographically, pretty good, but like most Lit authors, could be much better with attention to proper punctuation to make it more readable.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 1 year ago

... oh, and I trust that some of your many fans wrote you regarding the using of CIO several times when you meant to type CEO, (five?) oopsies, ... oh well, no one is perfect, ... ;-) TTFN

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 1 year ago

,,, also: regarding ieatpussylikepeaches of 4 months ago, ... I really love that name, outstanding and very creative, ... ;-) TTFN

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 1 year ago

A wonderful installment, but you killed off (kind of) the lead character, ... another writer once complained that because he actually knew a great deal about the background in the story he was writing, it made the job much more difficult for him and took way longer, ... you said writing about magic and its creatures was new for you, so I hope this story flowed easily for you, and you will keep writing more (of Stanley's brother Henry), I enjoyed it a lot, ... thank you for sharing, ... ;-) TTFN

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

Yes absolutely a WOW ...... This story is definitely leveling other famous authors, ok the sex is just for us lit readers, but the storyline and the writing quality, the character building and all those details and nifty crooks, man this is a masterful crafted tale

Fabulous adventures extraordinary dramatic

Hope there is a second part

Fibe stars are not enough so ten will it be 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🍀🦄

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just too short!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I couldn't put it down, just had to read in one sitting. Thank-you

MehntalityMehntalityalmost 2 years ago

My only real complaint with this wonderful story is the pacing. I never understood why authors feel like they have to pack the entirety of a story into a few months. The way its described, everything that Stanley experienced (which was a metric fuck-ton) happened over the course of 2-3 months. The enormity of this adventure would have been better served with, at minimum, a 6 month timeline or more. Especially for the progression of the relationships.

That said though, this author continues to delight me with his talent and imagination. Its a crime that we have to wait so long in between chapters due to the fact that he has so many incredible series' he has to work on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow! I am impressed with your writing script and how well you defined your characters and made them come to life. I can’t wait to continue the journey. Thank you for your efforts and sharing your story with us. Five!

BK

NovaMNovaMalmost 2 years ago

I loved this story’s pace and romance. BurntRedstone, allow me to say: Rembrandt, Van Gogh, Titian, MichelAngelo used their paintbrushes to create their magic for us, you use your pen today us into your world of wonder.

So perfectly balanced, word wise and perfectly edited too. No unnecessary words or sentences or silly grammar ‘faux pass’, which would detract us from the story. Kudos, super kudos. Job well done, as far as I am concerned.

Very descriptive without slipping into the pitfall of becoming raunchy. I kept reading because the story never deteriorated into heavy fuck scenes in every paragraph. That tends to become boring really fast.

This was my page turning story and I didn’t like to see it end. I am hooked into the lives of Marisa, Sigrid, Camilla and Stanly/Henry. Please spoil us with more snippets of the mundane (not really :-) ) life of our heroes.

I love these characters, they are interesting, be they Hidden Race or human.

This is story telling on the level of Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter … The way you use words, it’s like I am standing next to the characters as they interact with each other.

Please give us more, more, more, pretty please 3>

Greetings from NovaM

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithabout 2 years ago

LOVED IT!!! just a note for when this series is edited before being published in book form, ... there were a couple of places, a chapter or two apart where Camela, VRL's CEO, was mistakenly referred to as the CIO, Stanley's title. Your stories editing is most awesome, almost no typos or mistakes at all, so this stood out to me, ... thanks for sharing, ... and your take on the world of magic and myth is wonderful! ;-) TTFN

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

Loved it. Sorta reminds me of the Novel "Riddle of Stars", by Patricia McKillip. Brilliant Author, like BurntRedStone! Thank you for this first chapter! 5 BIG FAT FLAMING STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow!! What a tale! I'm totally in awe of writers who form a tale in their minds, add characters, add detailed dialog and then mold it into a tale to flush out the vision in their mind. This is the second story I have read on this sight. It is one of the best fantasy tales I've ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Honestly really good story, but so frustrating that no one ever has any accountability. The only reason I’m saying this is probably because it was so much better than the average story on here that I’m actually holding it accountable, but goddamn it could just as easily be called “3 succubi and a Valkyrie ruin a mans life, then it works out”

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was delighted to find this new installment and have been thrilled by the journey it delivered. Had a good laugh from the conclusion:-)

I'm strongly against the concept of spoon feeding the plot, but I managed to miss the mechanism by which Henry kept wielding after healing from the lightning. I may have to start from the beginning again to see if I can work it out.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

What a cracking read! 100% 5⭐️ Quality!

I’ll echo the comments re the length, when it’s this good, why make it shorter? My only question really is, why a Satyr? So many other magical creatures out there to choose from and BurntRedstone goes for Mr Tumnus older, sexier, brother…..

eafaTeafaTover 2 years ago

this story is a masterpiece, excellent reading, I can't wait to read more. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow, bravo. That was a fun read! TO people who comment "long" please grow a pair and be thankful. To put a full 7 course meal in a single lit post is awesome - way nicer to read than clicking through 9 zillion web chapters.

And to the author, my deepest gratitude! On every level, this was a great read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Incredible.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Another GREAT one! Looking forward to read the other chapters! Thank-you so much for your writing talent. It is so much appreciated!

Asira_TAsira_Tover 2 years ago

wow oh WOW, one of the best stories I have ever read. Thank you for sharing your amazing talent with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent. One criticism: Stanley is just too goody-good. I look forward to discovering if this continues as I read the rest of his story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Long but well written. Worth reading it to the end.

nyteramblernyterambleralmost 3 years ago

Loved the story. Didn't care if it was correct in magic or other technical things. Just a very good story. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Not really my thing, but it ne heck of a story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Most published fantasy novels aren't this good. Get a deal. Great Story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Just brilliant....

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wonderful!!

I love your voice! Your writing is very engaging. I can't wait to read more of your work.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Fantastic Fantasy

Loved it and couldn't put it down until finished.

Geon54Geon54over 3 years ago
Elevator Pitches

I'm using the appearance of Ch3 as an excuse for rereading this from the start.

I don't really need much of an excuse since its long been a favorite. Kudos!

Another (very) frequently re-read favorite of mine is FinalStands' "Life as a New Hire".

These 2 stories could almost share the same "elevator pitch" as their starting points are so similar:

"A freshly minted college graduates' 1st day on the job in a Manhattan skyscraper reveals a world of HIDDEN MYTHOLOGICAL RACES and intrigue."

For LAANH, just substitute SECRET SOCIETIES for "Hidden Races" in the above sentence.

Of course, similar starting points are the only things the 2 stories have in common, other than being uncommonly great reads.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Mixed feelings...

Satyr Play is, by and large, a delight to read-- cut the sex by 20-30% and you have a publishable mainstream fantasy.

It's one glaring flaw is in the non-fantastic. Your treatment of Japanese culture, particularly regarding Stanley's "apology" in front of the Japanese Diet, comes off as cliched and racist, and was painful to read against the backdrop of good fantasy writing.

JoAMDJoAMDover 3 years ago

I wanted to add but couldn't find by previous comment. The story is a mix of fantasy, heartful moments as well as erotic ones. I could see this published somewhere famous as well! You should definitely try for that! The last fantasy book o read was Eragon, that was great too, it had a detailed explanations for all the magic involved

JoAMDJoAMDover 3 years ago

I've read till page 16, it's great! One note, I do feel that the transition from normal day to day activity to a sexual activity should be a bit less sudden. For example in one paragraph Stanley helps Jun with military grade encryption and in the next one she is kissing him. The sudden twist should still be there but a sentence or two to explain the thought process maybe. That would be great

ealexerealexerover 3 years ago
Loved it

Thank you for a very complex and entertaining work of art.

GHreaderGHreaderover 3 years ago
This is still a great story

Hello BurntRedstone,

I see Satyr Play 3 has been released after a 2 year pause. I am rereading the series so I can best savor the new installment. This is a well written story and I am enjoying rediscovering it.

Thank you for returning to this story. You are a masterful storyteller.

Lector77Lector77over 3 years ago
Just needs The Luggage

Sir Terry would have enjoyed this.

Thanks for fine storytelling.

fanficlover2000fanficlover2000over 3 years ago

Loved the story thought it was really well done & exciting. But hated the ending, the fact Stanley was not a generically handsome genre hero was one of his strengths & charms. Henry is a poor replacement for him.

fanficlover2000fanficlover2000over 3 years ago

Great read, thought it was very well done. Not a fan of the change at the end, one of the great things about Stanley was the fact that he was not a textbook example of a handsome superhot hero, now he is just like everyone else.

DoctimeDoctimealmost 4 years ago

Wow!!!!! Welcome to the world of magical creatures. With your help l am enjoying the journey.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Excellent! Onward to 02

I've been reading your stories for a few years and enjoyed your Shepard's Court series immensely. I was surprised and delighted at 33 pages for chapter 01 and I just looked and 28 for chapter 02 part 01. I enjoy long stories that are well written and this one is certainly that. Thank you for such a well written story, and I'm off to read the next.

rRC

SensualSigmaSensualSigmaalmost 4 years ago
Reread

I was going to wait and see if another chapter of this story was in the offing before re-reading, but couldn't resist any longer. I really do enjoy this story. Wonderfully written.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonabout 4 years ago

Simply stated, it's a wonderful and engaging story.

If I could suggest anything, and I wouldn't presume to do so, it would be nice to see him belt somebody in the mouth once in a while. Maybe with his new glamor he'll behave a bit more forcefully when the situation begs it.

Well done, what a fun read this was. Looking forward to the rest of your tale. Thanks for posting. 5 stars.

silkcooksilkcookover 4 years ago
Hmmmm

An absolutely wonderfully woven tale, in which most case satyr's are the brunt and butt of displeasure. It's refreshing to read/walk through this yarn seeing and interacting with it's occupants.

Thank you for the Lovely story.

Very well done

rightbankrightbankover 4 years ago
Nicely Done

You opened questioning whether your characters would conform to others concepts of the world of Magic. In the end it doesn't matter, your imagining is as valid as any other. Write your stories as well as you do and you can create your own reality.

thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story...but

I loved the story.

I was a little disappointed in the ending. How did Morris get into the room. It made no sense. More importantly, nothing was resolved. Stanley had freedom but he would have had that with Baba’s stated protection. I was hoping the reduction of magic was linked to the Fae spell. It’s destruction at the dragon’s death could have ended Fae domination and ushered a new era of wild magic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Magical, just magical !!

Thank you for trying your hand at the realm of magic and magical creatures! You have done a beautiful job! Please continue, I so love your work!!!

baileytommybaileytommyalmost 5 years ago
Greek

I liked it at first but for me you ruined it by changing the main character,I'm human so if the hero isn't a human it's not worth reading

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great Adventure

Looking forward to the next chapter. I love the way your mind works.

PleasantlySurprisedPleasantlySurprisedalmost 5 years ago
Very Enjoyable Read

I thoroughly enjoyed this! Well done.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 5 years ago
Very, very good!

Second time I've read this story, it makes so much more sense now!

You really develop the characters, they have depth and breadth. Thank you!

I kept seeing the foreshadowing, very well done!

Most excellent!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Damn it!

That was a great story. Its 2am and i have to work @ 7 but i soooo want to read the next chapter.

Thank you BurntRedStone for giving me such a hard choice.

More importantly, thank you for such a good story.

linnearlinnearabout 5 years ago
Fantastic

That was a great read, I couldn't put it down. I can't wait to read the next part.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Very good

Much better than the Shepard story, more like Jack. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Best read I've ever had on this site

Longest too, but I never wanted it to end.

Kudos! Looking forward to reading the next two installments!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
good work

if your not a paid author at this point your missing your calling. keep up the good work!

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 5 years ago
Excellent!

I saw your recent submission, so I had to read the series from the beginning. Excellent!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Me to.

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348over 5 years ago
Again

Had to read this again before the new chapter lol. Even better the second time. So so great!!!

Thank you:)))

MsQueen713MsQueen713over 5 years ago
Amazing !

Love the story ..the detail ..each chapter was a nice satisfying length .. You didnt skimp Thank You !

Hopefully you will add more to this :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
An amazing beginning up with other lit erotica greats

As an avid fantasy /sci fi fan (geek) and a lover of great fiction here this was an awesome read I think on par with Dream Drive and Telfer’s work.

Keep it up I think your characters are engaging, dramatic with a great narrative.

firewolf54firewolf54over 5 years ago
great story

love it just remember your story's are your personal worlds that you invite us in to so don't worry what the anonymous people say.if they don't like it then they can write their own world.hope to see another story like this

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
No sex please, we're Faries

This kind of fantasy seems to fit you well - filled with silly action and deus ex. Relying more on the support group to deliver the ham could release the protagonist from even more disbelieve. You can't be that empty on the main characters internal struggles that we're not allowed in?

Unintentionally funny is when when you mix up Camila and Paloma/Marisas family relations after having said how hard it is. Marisa effectively being Palomas sister were a low point.

An only slightly related botch: "My aunt, Camila Villamor, is the CIO..

"Hidden races" is a far fetched romance. There are to many of them. They have abilities that would severely impact history and their surroundings. Each accidental recording could unravel them all. It's simply a conspiracy theory in that regard.

It isn't explained why the human impact should effect the fae more severely than races that depends on humans.

FuntasticmeFuntasticmealmost 6 years ago
Thank you, really enjoyed it

Glad for the happy ending, what can I say, I'm a sucker for them. A bit of deus ex machina at the end, but I think that enhanced the storyline for me. Thank you again. First of your stories I read here, looking forward to the others.

baileytommybaileytommyalmost 6 years ago
goat man

I liked it up till you had Stanley turned out to be a goat that ruined it,i'm human why would I want to read about a were a goat is the hero,reminds me of that movie twilight that teen love story to childish for me but still you are a good writer of fantasy I would still read more of your work but not this one to silly.

BigDog167BigDog167almost 6 years ago
Great story

I can not wait on the next part, any idea when it might be ready?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A Masterpiece!

Thank you.

I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES