All Comments on 'Satyrday Afternoon'

by Glaze72

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
James7594James7594almost 3 years ago

You know what? You deserve a 5*! You brought back bill Carter, who is one of my favourties! I am so glad to see Him and Polina! I am so Hyped! Also, I hope Owen learns to control the power over time! Phoebe sounds like an important character! Can't wait to read more! Hope to see the next chapter soon!

James

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
what a crock

of racist bullshit you write. Seems NO standards are mandated here.

Glaze72Glaze72almost 3 years agoAuthor

If anyone is enjoying this story and would like the anthology in full, you can find it on my website (alanachurch.com) under the title: "Satyr Day."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Dear Complaining Anonymous:

I have a username here myself ("nycreader"), but I don't want to take the time to sign in to answer you.

If my memory serves me from the past few hours, the only "racist" material in this installment is Owen's sister echoing her stupid boyfriend who doesn't want to have sex with her much (and whom she LEAVES).

I don't think this is a ringing endorsement of "racist bullsh[__]", Anonymous.

I hope that after you calm down and wake up, you *might* consider re-reading the installment.

E. in New York City (usually "nycreader" when Commenting here).

PS: If you're talking about the physical descriptions of Owen's mother and sister.... -- they're perhaps too stereotypical for you, but I don't think they are meant as racist.

(And Samara's having a higher sex drive than her jerk (now ex-) boyfriend isn't supposed to be an awful especially-Latina characteristic: it seems that *she* doesn't think so, and she thinks less of the jerk for his way of thinking.)

E./"nycreader".

linnearlinnearalmost 3 years ago
Absolutely Love It

A fun read and it is flowing nicely. I hope to see mom and his sister involved more soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I must admit, I'm struggling to figure out how the previous reader found it racist. I've enjoyed reading it (5*) and look forward to more. One small request, please don't have someone who says "I know all, but cannot tell you. You must figure it out on your own." or something like that. It's really a really overused cliché and a poor writing technique.

Glaze72Glaze72almost 3 years agoAuthor

Not to belabor the point, but if anyone would like FREE audiobook versions of this book (and others!), you can go HERE. All you need is a valid e-mail address, and you can get my audiobooks for free.

https://audiobooksunleashed.com/author-tax/alana-church/

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is five stars without a doubt. I enjoy the previous story connections you throw in. I thought that perhaps I had an inkling of where this tale was headed but I was way off which is a good thing since I would much rather be surprised. As far as someone claiming racism, it seems either they misread things or possibly they lack they lack the comprehension skill needed to understand but no matter since nobody else sees the readers hallucination. Keep up the excellent work.

WestfjordianWestfjordianalmost 3 years ago

Another great entry. Loved it!

Ravey19Ravey19almost 3 years ago

Still going well.

JacktacularJacktacularover 2 years ago

Do you plan to tell the story of Bill and Polina?

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

The story is really good. AAAAAA+++++

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WOW AND THANK YOU!!!! Would GLADLY GIVE YOU A 10!!!!!!!!!

As Oliver Twist said" More please, sir!"

Have a wonderful 2022

Paul

Doombot80Doombot80about 2 years ago

OMG Bill and Polina!!

jcus0511jcus0511over 1 year ago

Fab yarn love the premise and the new characters. Owen’s sister’s reason for getting shot of Charlie was quite right also.

InosolanInosolan10 months ago

After the "future-history-meets-2001" story, maybd i'm a bit sensitised ... but a guy named "Owen" whose dad was named "Gary"?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d0e9mcb1BEg

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGlaze72@Glaze72
Hello All: Update as of May 2023. I have had people reach out to me regarding sequels to stories that I have posted on here, so let me address those first: "Mary's Innocent Passion." This is titled "Innocent Passion" on my page on Smashwords and my personal website. No seque...