Save the Last Dance for Me

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So you are a caretaker then?" Nancy asked

"Something like that, " Bill chuckled with a twinkle in his eye, "Now do you take sugar and milk?"

In one of the rooms, there was a hanging rail adorned with dresses that were of a variety of styles and colours. As Nancy could see as she ran her hand across them they were clearly high quality.

"They were Betty's," Bill said with a voice laden with poignancy. "They are no use to her now with her being 10 years gone so you might as well get some use out of them. I will leave you in peace to try them on and see how they fit."

With that Bill left the room shutting the door carefully behind him.

Nancy tried each dress in turn and to her surprise and utter joy they all fitted her almost perfectly. She admired a portrait hanging on the wall looking down at her and the room and realised that she must be looking at the late Mrs Watts. Smiling at her Nancy hugged one of the dresses to her chest and whispered, "I will take good care of everything, I promise."

The dress that made her stop and stare in awe was a bright red dress that as she got dressed she could feel her heart start to beat faster. It had an asymmetrical hemline with crocheted fringes adorning both the arms and the bottom of the dress, as well as the edge of the slit that ran high up her thigh. As she admired herself in the mirror she could see that the open-top showed her bra, in fact, Nancy wasn't sure that she would be able to wear any bra under it as it showed so much cleavage. As she twirled she felt the dress flow with her movements and she felt the sexiest and most sensual she had ever done in her life.

At that moment there was a knock on the door and opening she saw Bill standing there with another cup of tea in his hand. His face went white as he stood totally still and just stared at her, to the point that Nancy exclaimed,

"Are you OK? You look like you have seen a ghost."

Bill said nothing at first, his eyes shifting between Nancy and the portrait on the wall. When Nancy followed his gaze she realised that the dress that she was wearing was the one that Bill's deceased wife was wearing in the portrait.

"Oh I am sorry I will take it off," Nancy stammered.

"No," Bill said sharply, "You are beautiful in it, as beautiful as my Betty was. It is yours now, " and with that, he turned away leaving Nancy holding the cup of tea he had thrust at her.

After Nancy had dressed in her normal clothes she joined Bill in the living room where she found him staring out of the window at the garden. She said nothing but put her arms around him from behind, laid her head against his back and could feel him silently crying.

****

The next three months passed in a whirl for Nancy. She would catch a bus to Bill's flat where she would change into a suitable dance dress and then together they would walk the short distance to the dance hall that was just around the corner. Afterwards, they would reverse the process though often Nancy would stay and chat to Bill about the rich and varied life he had led travelling around the world with the army and his beloved wife Betty.

Bill introduced her to the concept of a dance card where a single woman would write her name on the front and then as male members wanted a dance they would write their names into the card. Bill explained that etiquette dictated that people could only request one dance unless her card was empty in which case a man could dance with her more frequently.

Nancy picked up the pile of dance cards and on opening the first one she smiled. Then she opened the second and the third and started to giggle. By the time she had opened the 10th, she was in fits of laughter. "Bill Watts you are a bad man," she joked as every dance card had Bill's name in the box for the last dance.

"Well it used to work for me back in the day so saw no reason to change a winning system. Always landed me the prettiest girl, which in this case is you."

"Oh, Mr Watts are you flirting with me?"

"I am far too old for that girl, so get your skates on or we will miss the bus."

They would have the first dance together to get people onto the dance floor and from there on the pair would only pass each other as they did the waltz, the foxtrot and the quickstep for four hours with only short comfort breaks in between. It had become a ritual that everyone in the club knew it meant it was time to leave when Bill held out his hand to Nancy for the last dance. Often at that point, the floor would clear out as people watched them dance in each other's arms, looking like the perfect couple even though there were more than 50 years between them.

The dancing had become so popular that they now put on sessions twice a week on Wednesdays and Saturdays and also did a training session during the week, all of which Bill had managed to get classed as Community Service time. This meant that Nancy served her sentence in triple time though when Bill quietly told her one day she no longer had to attend the thought of not spending time in his company didn't even occur to her.

On other days they would spend time in Bill's flat watching old movies about dancing and Bill even dug out some old tapes of a TV show called 'Come Dancing' which they would watch and analyse together. When they weren't at his flat, as Bill looked after the dance hall he had access to it when it was closed, so they would often practise developing her knowledge of both the cha-cha and the rhumba. They would then perform the dance as the last dance of the sessions to the applause and delight of the onlookers.

One day as they sat together enjoying a cup of tea after the other dancers had left Nancy turned to Bill and said quietly, "Please will you teach me the tango?"

Bill thought about it for a moment, "OK be at my flat at nine o'clock tomorrow and we will learn together. But I warn you, be prepared for some hard work."

*****

When Nancy arrived the next morning to her surprise Bill had cleared the furniture to the sides of the room and rolled up the large rug, revealing a highly polished floor under it.

"What's this?" Nancy said picking up a picture frame that had a picture of about a dozen men sitting next to a crashed glider, their uniforms stained from the dirt of battle. Also in the frame was a medal in the shape of a Greek cross with a ribbon that was a purple stripe with a white stripe on either side. One of the men looked so young he was almost a boy and Nancy couldn't help but comment,

"He looks so young this one and such a little cutie. It's almost like he belongs at school.."

"It's the Military Cross," Bill said looking at the picture with a look of pain on his face, "I am the only one left in that picture now, though most of them never made it back... Oh and that cute boy you refer to is me, I was 18 the Christmas before and joined the paras at the start of 1944."

Nancy read the inscription on the card at the bottom, "This medal is awarded to Pte William Watts, 2nd Parachute Regiment in recognition of his act of exemplary gallantry during active operations against the enemy during the Battle of Arnhem. Sep 1944."

"You are a war hero," Nancy said with admiration and awe in her voice.

"Not really," Bill laughed, "I just happened to like jumping out of planes and was quite good at dodging bullets... anyway, do you really want to learn the tango?"

Replacing the picture carefully on the mantlepiece Nancy took her place in the middle of the room that Bill had cleared of furniture so giving them some space to practise.

"The tango..." said Bill as he addressed Nancy as if they were in the dance hall, "... is basically made of five steps taken to 8 counts of music. The rhythm is slow, slow, quick, quick, slow. The slow steps consume two beats of music and the quick steps one. Tango music is usually written in 4/4 time (but also in 2/4 time) and played at a tempo of 30-33 measures per minute."

"But the Argentine tango, it says in the book..."

Nancy's voice trailed off as Bill looked at her with a wry smile across his face. "First you master the basic tango and maybe then we can think about the Argentine tango."

For the rest of the day, Bill tutored Nancy in the tango. For all he called it basic, Nancy struggled at first getting used to what felt to her like stop-start movements. "Flow with the music, feel the passion," Bill would bark as he whirled Nancy around. Eventually, it reached a point where Bill called a halt and looking at Nancy said, "Enough for today, this afternoon we will watch television."

Bill had dug out some tapes that he put onto the VCR and as they whirred into life Nancy realised these were homemade tapes taken in the nearby dance hall. As she watched she saw the red tango dress on a stunning slender woman who melted into the arms of the dapper man dressed in black trousers and waistcoat with a blindingly white shirt. Nancy was spellbound as the pair entwined limbs as they danced with a closeness that to even the casual watcher screamed they were much more than just dance partners.

Nancy said nothing until the tape had finished and then she said quietly, "That was you and Betty," she paused for a moment before she added, "I don't think I can ever be that good."

"Rubbish," Bill snorted, "Your problem is you either fight me when we dance or just allow yourself to be led meekly like a lamb. With the tango, there needs to be a fire in your veins that burns in passion for your partner."

That evening Nancy lay in her bed and closed her eyes and recalled Bill and Betty dancing on the screen and as she watched in her mind she became Betty and could feel Bill's strong arms and could smell his masculine smell. As she imagined pressing herself close to him she reached between her legs and started to stroke her clit under the covers. In her head, the music built in tempo and her fingers moved faster driving her passion and desire. She pictured Bill's bright blue eyes as she pressed herself against his body and suddenly it was his fingers in her rather than her own. As the embraces became more passionate Nancy arched off the bed in climax moaning Bill's name as she bucked and writhed.

*****

The next day as Nancy stood opposite Bill ready to start dancing she could feel her body start to react inside. She could feel her face colour slightly as she recalled her dream with Bill last night but at the same time, she could feel herself getting wet. Around the estate, she knew she could have any boy she wanted but this was a real man that she desired with her very inner being, but somehow he might be out of reach. Like a switch going on in her head, her brain demanded that she dance in a way that made him want to ravish her right there and then.

After an hour of dancing, Bill was amazed by the change in Nancy as they performed together. She wasn't fighting his directions but starting to meld with them, bringing fire and a passion that he had not previously seen. The way she caressed his body with her own in a deeply sexual yet musical way stirred something inside that he hadn't felt in many years.

"Excellent dancing girl, I think you have started to get the hang of this tango."

After a week of mastering the tango movements, Bill stood at the stairs of Nancy's flat waiting for her to climb them to her home before he caught the bus back to his own home. Despite Nancy growing up on the estate and knowing her way around, Bill had always insisted on taking her home and then catching the bus back afterwards. His rationale was that as he had a bus pass travel was free to him and he enjoyed her company.

"I think we are ready to move to the Argentine Tango but we need to be in total character for it to work. On Sunday the dance hall is closed in the evening so we could have the space and privacy to dance there."

Nancy was in heaven and clapped her hands in glee before leaning forward and planting a kiss on Bill's cheek.

Bill just looked at her and laughed, "Steady on girl... and I take it that's a yes. I will see you at mine at six if that's OK."

*****

The dance hall was in darkness and Bill carefully locked the door behind them as he switched on a few lights that created a pool of light in the middle of the floor.

Bill had insisted that Nancy had worn the red tango dress and she stood feeling a little self-conscious as Bill switched on the music and stood stock still watching her.

"The Argentine tango is different, it is filled with raw passion, packed with sex and lust. I am a man standing before you all-powerful... commanding... ready to seduce you and ravish you. You are a woman filled with desire so strong it makes you feel that your heart will explode in your breast."

Even though Bill was describing the emotion that went into the dance Nancy could feel herself getting wet as she started to see Bill not just as a friend and a mentor but someone she deeply craved to be her lover.

Bill went on, "The audience must feel the heat and the passion as we dance until we meld together as one, neither of us knowing what will happen but at the same time slaves to the music."

The steady thumping beat of the music was making Nancy's head swim and as she stared into Bill's eyes she reached under the dress and pulled off her small damp panties before walking across the floor and pushing them into the breast pocket of Bill's jacket. As she turned away and she said throatily, "Fuck me when you are ready."

Bill grasped her hand and spun her towards him, her dress flying up as she moved, to give a brief glimpse of her naked flesh before he held her close his arms wrapped around her from behind. Leaning his head forward so their lips almost touched he said, "I will fuck you when you beg."

With that, they went into the dance moving together like they had rehearsed the moves a million times, the tempo of one piece moving into the next as their bodies entwined, their legs in a tangle that surely would result in them falling yet somehow they stayed upright and continued gyrating to the beat.

Bill's jacket had gone, thrown into the darkness as they caressed each other's bodies. The touches heightened and raised each other's desire until at the point Bill leant her backwards so her head almost touched the ground she husked, "I beg you."

Lifting her by her buttocks onto a table with her legs wrapped around him, Bill pulled up her dress to around her waist revealing her hot naked flesh.

Nancy fumbled with the fastening to his trousers until she was able to undo the waist button and Bill shrugged the wide braces from his shoulders so his trousers fell to his ankles. Nancy grasped his erect cock in her small hands, gasping at the hardness and silently thanking Vernon who had sold her the little blue pill assuring her that it was the latest thing and would make a corpse hard. Nancy had discretely crushed it up and slipped it into the tea that had drunk before they had left the flat and the results were stupendous.

Bill could feel the fire coursing through his veins and Nancy's hand on his cock added fuel to the fire. He reached between her legs and felt her wetness, this was no time for finesse and as she held the tip to her wetness he grabbed a cheek in either hand and thrust deep into her. He could feel his cock gripped by the velvet folds and plunged in and out with increasing vigour as he pistoned in and out of Nancy's willing body.

After he had finished shooting his seed inside her Bill stood panting still deeply embedded in Nancy wet pussy and mumbled, "I am so sorry I don't know what came over me."

"Shut up you daft man," Nancy laughed, "That was fantastic now take me to your home and make love to me until the sun comes up.

*****

"I don't give a flying fuck, tell me which little punk is the father and I will beat the living crap out of him."

Nancy watched as her father stormed around the small flat cursing and swearing. She had been able to conceal her pregnancy for a few months but when her mother had challenged her over breakfast that she was putting on weight she had rushed from the room to be sick. When she had returned her mother stated that Nancy must be pregnant and waited for Nancy to deny it whilst her father had hit the roof and had flown into a rage.

After the night in the dance hall, Nancy and Bill had gone back to his flat and made love until they fell asleep in each other's arms. Nancy had to tell Bill the next day about the blue pill and Bill laughed and they made love more sedately but still with sufficient vigour that Nancy locked her legs around his back and climaxed as he pumped into her. From there on for the next few weeks they made love whenever they could until one day Nancy realised her period was late. She had kept it from Bill as she wasn't sure how he would react but as the scene had just proven she couldn't keep it from her Mum.

"Well, it's best you go and stay with your Aunt in Southend. Rodney, you will calm down and drive your daughter there this afternoon. I will phone my sister and let her know. You, young lady need to go and pack your things."

*****

"Please let me see him," Nancy said quietly to the undertaker who had let her in from the bitter January cold, into the relative warmth of the chapel.

"It is supposed to be by arrangement only," the undertaker murmured softly, not that the man had many people come to pay their last respects.

"I want him to meet someone," Nancy said quietly.

For the first time, the undertaker noticed that beneath her coat, wrapped in a sling was a tiny baby and he smiled as Nancy tilted her slightly to kiss the top of the head.

"I am sure he would love for his...," the undertaker paused for a moment trying to guess the relationship between the baby and the old man.

Before he could hazard a guess Nancy finished his sentence, "...it's his daughter,"

The undertaker said nothing as he was sure his hearing was going as he thought he had heard the young woman say daughter when she must have meant great grandaughter or granddaughter at the very least.

Nancy entered the chapel where Bill lay, the top half of the coffin open revealing his smart blazer with polished buttons, along with a crisp white shirt and his parachute regiment tie. On his lower chest sat the maroon beret with the winged parachute badge glinting in the soft light along with his Military Cross awarded to him at Arnhem and a few other medals.

"This is your daughter, " Nancy said as she held the tiny baby out. Then pulling the baby tight back in Nancy slipped something into Bill's top pocket before kissing his forehead gently and turning to leave.

"Thank you," Nancy said quietly as she left and the undertaker locked the door behind her. The action hadn't gone unnoticed and he returned to the body to check what had been added. Pulling the card from Bill's top pocket the undertaker smiled as he was of an age that allowed him to recognise the dance card for what it was. Opening it up he saw that the name against the box for 'last dance' was Bill Watts and in the space for the name on the front of the card Elizabeth Watts had been carefully written in. There was a small picture of the baby that Nancy was holding and it looked like it was taken when she was just a few days old. On the back was written, "We will always love you Daddy xxx." Returning them to the pocket the undertaker stepped back before bringing his heels sharply together and snapped off a smart military salute of respect.

*****

"Oh, Mum that's so sweet," said Elizabeth or Betty as her mother had always called her, "Dad sounded a wonderful man."

Nancy smiled as she remembered the posh letter arriving at the flat summoning her to a big solicitor's office in the West End of London, and the shock on hearing that Bill had left the flat to her. It came as a bigger shock to find out that in fact, he had owned not only the basement flat he had called home but the four floors above it containing another seven flats resulting in substantial rental income.