Saving Ana Ch. 03

Story Info
Doesn't he realise that it's rude to spy on a naked woman?
4.4k words
4.78
2.2k
2

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/12/2023
Created 04/10/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Saving Ana

Free the Dancing Llamas

Chapter 3: Thunder

--------

Someone was in her room, Ana realized. One minute, she had been sound asleep - dreaming of Cardaf and Yellowtow, and the many different ways one could concoct a concentration potion. Next minute, her eyes were open and she could feel a presence in her bedroom. There was a fission in the air, and it wasn't just the incoming storm.

A flash of lightning illuminated the room, a black shadow appearing. Ana quickly reached out for her bedside lamp turning it on, ready to summon her power on the intruder. The light blinded her for a moment, but her spotty vision portrayed the tall shadow of none other than the vampire master himself.

"Goddess above, Julian!" She cried out, hand held to her chest, trying to sooth the rapid beating of her racing heart, "What are you doing here?"

Ana didn't know why she asked him the question, not like he seemed capable of answering.

The vampire was staring around the room at all the books; well Rhea's books, scrolls and papers scattered everywhere. If she wasn't working or managing the coven, she was researching; reading all of Rhea's things to try and make herself the best Coven mother she could possibly be.

Although being such a good little scholar didn't really leave much time for dusting or putting away things; and Ana mused that it probably looked like quite the sight. For a moment she was thankful it wasn't really the real Julian in her room, he'd probably be horrified by the mess. Although, he likely had staff to clean up after him, do all his dusting and put away his books.

His gaze landed on her, and Ana felt self-conscious again. Damn him and damn his ability to make her feel like the lowest, ugliest, little bug with his mere presence.

He had made her feel this way when he was himself; all fully functional and powerful. That time he'd done it with a look too. Except his look now was more blank and in retrospect maybe she was reading into something that wasn't there this time.

The first time though - when he'd been Julian; all-powerful-vampire-boss, and she had blown up part of the Underground - the look had been anything but blank. It had been a combination of uninterested and judgmental - as if she was a nuisance, as if he couldn't be bothered with her. And then he'd given her this up-and-down look, a stupid all-male look; and when his piercing, intense gaze had landed back on her it had given her the distinct impression that he had found her wanting.

Ana shook her head; it'd do no good to dwell on the past. Standing before her wasn't that Julian...possibly he wasn't Julian at all.

Ana sighed, pulling the sheets around her. "Go back to your room, Julian. I'm trying to sleep."

He stood there, simply staring at her and didn't seem to have any mind of moving. The thunder cracked again and Ana felt her body flinch, her heart stuttering in surprise. Taking a deep breath, she pushed herself out of bed. Obviously, Julian would need help going back to the basement.

The vampire's head tilted to the side as she approached him and he remained silent. Ana didn't know why that continued to surprise her. The man had been cursed, for Goddess' sake. Well...most likely cursed.

Ana eyed the books around her in guilt. She hadn't even started trawling through them for some of the soul-based curses...she really ought to if she was ever going to have a chance in helping the vampire.

Was she ever going to solve this? Would she ever be able to restore Julian to himself? It was as if even his mere presence was mocking her, chiding her for not working hard enough.

Ana paused, standing in front of the vampire and rubbed her face sheepishly, "I'm sorry, Julian. I'm sorry this is going to take a while. I don't know where to start." She gestured vaguely around the room.

He looked at her vacantly still, but then a most peculiar thing happened, he brought a large, cold hand to rest on the top of her head. For a moment Ana wanted to laugh, it was almost like he was patting a dog or something. She grabbed his hand to move it off, except this time he moved to brush the hair from her shoulder. The little gesture, although possibly unintentional, send a small trail of gooseflesh down her arm.

What in the what??

Ava frowned, and looked up at him, then searched the vampire's face, desperate to find some sort of meaning. His eyes, Ana realised, they were suddenly bright, expressive, intelligent and clear. Not blank like it had been a moment ago. She'd seen these eyes before in the Underground those many moons ago. The eyes that were capable of sizing her down. No - sizing her correctly - the eyes that somehow always seemed to know exactly who she was.

"Julian?" she whispered, "You're in there, aren't you?"

His hand moved down her arm and squeezed her hand faintly, lacing his fingers with hers. Ana looked down at their joint hands it in wonder. She looked back up at his eyes and noticed the strangest thing. At the edges of his irises, there it was...little shapes moving at the sides...almost like...clouds?

"I can see your eyes," she whispered, leaning forward, standing on the tips of her toes to try and get a better look, "You're in there, but there are little clouds in the way..."

She pondered the meaning of this for a moment. What in the hell could be happening that there were little clouds floating in his iris'. What a bizarre thing.

"If only you could say something," Ana bit her lip, "If only you could tell me what happened, I'd be able to help you quicker. As it is I don't know where to even start."

The vampire squeezed her hand - very faintly, but she could swear to the moon Goddess herself that the man had definitely squeezed her hand in his. She looked back down at the interlaced fingers and was momentarily sidetracked.

When was the last time she'd held anyone's hand? The last time a man had held her hand even?

The thunder clapped again, and Ana felt her heart jump at the sudden sound. Damn storm. She was already on edge as it was. That shook her out of her strange reverie though and brought her attention back up to Julian's face. She could think about hand-holding later.

"You know getting older really hasn't made dealing with thunder storms easier," Ana tried to laugh. The laughter died in her throat the moment the vampire let go of her and next thing she knew he was pulling her into his arms and rested his head atop hers. She froze, again unsure of what the hell was happening.

Well actually, she knew what the hell was happening. Julian was hugging her...comforting her, it seemed. How odd.

This - this wasn't Julian. There was no way in hell that this was the vampire she had known. Maybe it wasn't Julian in there.

And yet, she didn't quite believe that either. His eyes - they were Julian through and through. At least when they were like this; intelligent, fierce, intense. But the arms? No, Ana mused, the vampire wouldn't have comforting arms like this. He was certainly not the sort of comfort anyone. She knew him to be a cold, pragmatic man.

"That's very nice, Julian," Ana smiled softly into his chest, leaning into the embrace for only a moment before beginning to pull away. She wanted so much just to enjoy the touch. The last time she'd been held like this...well she couldn't quite remember. As high priestess there wasn't too many opportunities for physical connection, well outside of her sisters, but that didn't really count. Either way, she didn't have time for hugging, and if she wasn't going to be able to sleep, she might as well prepare some potions for the shop, or get cracking on researching Julian's condition...

As she pulled away, she felt Julian's arms tighten around her, shoving her into his broad chest.

Goddess Above, but did he have to feel so...so distracting? For a moment all Ana could do was feel and smell him. Did all men feel like this? When was the last time, Ana mused, where she'd even allowed a man to touch her like this? Had it ever felt so nice? So warm and safe?

----

Julian watched the little crease between her eyes appear as she frowned at him. She was looking at him so intently - he had never been under such scrutiny in his life. She leaned so close he could taste the mint on her breath and see each individual lash of her eyes.

If he leaned forward just an inch he'd have been able to kiss her easily. He felt a pang, an ache hit his chest as he thought of kissing her sweet lips.

Weird. Very weird. Lots of strange poetic crap seemed to come into his mind around the woman.

"Julian?" she whispered, "You're in there, aren't you?"

'Yes', he wanted to shout, yell, scream, throw himself around the room. Anything, as long as it could be him doing it, him in control of his actions.

Could she see him in here? struggling, trying? He concentrated with all his might, trying to give her some kind of signal. Even moving his damned hand. Julian felt like he was about to have a brain aneurysm just trying. He'd managed to pop it on her head, drag it to her shoulder.

Success! His hand moved to lock into her hand, which he managed to co-ordinate with much focus.

"I can see your eyes," she looked down at his hand over hers before looking back up at him, "You're in there, but there are little clouds in the way..."

'The clouds come and go. I can't see when they cover me completely', he wanted to say.

Another crack of lightning, and he watched her jump - a little noise coming from her throat. She was frightened for just a moment, he could see it in the depth of her eyes, in the hitching of her breath, hear it in the beating of her heart.

Every time the clouds parted and he got to see her, he watched her, well really, what else could he do? But then, he figured even if he wasn't like this, he'd watch her anyway.

She was...enchanting. And strong. So strong, he'd spend hours, however long he could, watching her with humans, with anyone who came into the store. She was so patient too, sitting and listening to stories of customers, sometimes consoling or counselling them.

Sometimes he would catch her, by herself, forlorn look on her face, but he couldn't figure out why. The moment was never long, it seemed like something - some distraction, some bit of work - would come across her way and she'd be over it, and onto the next task. Who was she that she never seemed to have a moment's peace?

He tried to think of the information he already knew about her from his brief moments of watching her.

Number one: She was a witch. He was certain of it. Occasionally he would see the space he was in, as well as her, and he could see all manner of magical items - potions, herbs, charms, alters, candles...And he'd seen her cast spells a handful of times. There was not doubt in his mind: she was a witch.

Number two: She ran a shop. He'd seen money change hands for potions and charms.

Number three: She had a sister. He'd watched them talk, or rather - watched the woman talk with what appeared to be the outline of another woman. One with a very familiar voice. But who he also couldn't place. He had heard them refer to each other as sisters. Ergo: she had a sister. One who was achingly familiar sounding.

Number four: She didn't have a man. Julian didn't know why this information had delighted him most, but it did. And really, when one was stuck in the state he was in, one had to find their victories somewhere. In the days or weeks - or however long it had been - that he had observed her he had not once seen a man, heard a man or smelt a god-damned man near her.

Number five: She was sad. A lot. Julian had no idea why. All he knew was that she possessed a melancholy that seemed to cover her entire body. He couldn't figure out why. She was so beautiful, what did she have to be sad about?

All he knew was that he wanted to stop it. Which was the stupidest thought any man had ever had about any woman. Honestly, where was this romantic drivel coming from?

Which brought him to fact number six: She was clearly a dangerous woman. The kind of woman that could unravel even the most controlled of men. Luckily for Julian he was more controlled than the most controlled of men.

"If only you could say something," the woman's mouth moved again, shaking him out of his reverie, "If only you could tell me what happened, I'd be able to help you quicker. As it is I don't know where to even start."

That was another thing about this witch - she was a helpful sort. Helping humans, helping him. In the...however amount of time it'd been since this shit had started and she'd come into his life, it had become evident that she was trying to help him.

'If only you could tell me what happened.' her words played in his mind again.

Fuck, if only. If only he knew. If only he could do a lot of things. Starting with moving his God damned arms and holding her.

Julian focused on his arms, willing them to hold her, comfort her. He almost wanted to weep, his arms complying and gently, reverently he brought her warm body against his.

And it was...

fuck...

So fucking good. Her body so soft, scent so alluring. He found himself burying his nose in her hair and inhaling. The scent of lavender filled his nostrils. Julian had never loved a flower more. How could a woman possibly feel so...so right... His blood stirred and...

"That's very nice, Julian," The woman started pulling away and held her tighter to him. He could do this, this one thing for her. It was much a comfort for her, as it was for him.

'Divine Goddess, let me hold you,' he wanted to say.

Which was ridiculous, because that kind of poetry would never have even entered his brain prior to this bizarre trance-state he found himself in. He barely even knew the woman, didn't even know her fucking name and here he was like some kind of idiot, falling to his knees to hold her in his arms. When had he ever done that? Not even in his youth. He willed the clouds to keep parted, hoping he had some control over it. Despite himself, he did not want to see this moment end.

He wasn't sure if it was minutes or hours but he held her.

Julian marveled, a warm ache in his chest growing and growing as he held her.

What an odd feeling, Julian mused, completely unfamiliar, uncomfortable and slightly alarming.

Strange, very fucking strange.

----

When Ana woke up she was tucked in bed, and the memory of the previous night came flooding back. After about fifteen minutes of being held she had managed to wriggle her way out of Julian's grip and somehow, through the grace of the Goddess herself, had managed to lure the man back down to the basement, where she had to spend another half hour at least getting him to lay down in the bed and stay there. He kept trying to follow her back up, but finally he seemed to settle.

She rubbed her eyes, tired and filled with sleep. Would she ever have a good nights' sleep again? Ever? Or was she doomed to spend the rest of her life like this?

Ana stretched out her shoulders and decided to just get over it. Life was life and you just had to get on with things. Sometimes you slept, sometimes you didn't. Sometimes you got harassed by a vampiric man-child in the middle of the night and other times you were woken up by the ridiculous drama of your coven sisters.

Either way, the shop had to be opened and life had to keep going on.

Ana got up, bathed, dressed and headed down to prepare the shop for the day. She swept out the space, briefly sneezing as dust particles of Aestiri moved around. Ana lit the candles at the alter, said a brief prayer of thanks to the moon Goddess, prayed over the protection of her sisters and coven and opened the shop door.

Something must have been in the air, the shop brimmed with customers all day. It wasn't until the evening that Ana even had time to spare a thought for anything else. As she was cleaning up the cauldron, Lola confronted her, grabbing the sponge out of her hand.

"You look terrible," Lola purred in her British accent, "Honestly it's tragic how you let yourself look this way."

The blonde woman gestured to one of the mirrors hanging above the herbs. Ana looked briefly and stared at the mussed hair, the dark eyebags and rumpled clothes.

"It's been a long day."

"Did you even take a lunch break?" The witch asked accusingly, red talon pointed in Ana's direction.

"Who has time?" Ana could hear herself becoming defensive, "I had about ten sleeping potions to make up in an hour"

"You could have allowed May to do it," Lola snapped back, "In fact I recall she had already started, and you butted your big butt in and decided to do it yourself."

"Well...I," Ana stammered, that wasn't exactly how she remembered it, but she was notorious for micromanaging.

"Well, nothing," Lola said, "Get upstairs, go relax, have a bloody bath or something, light a candle. Masturbate,"

"Goddess above, Lola," Ana shrieked, face heating in embarrassment. She loved Lola dearly, but sometimes she was just too much.

"Witch, I love you," Lola gave her one of her firm but almost motherly looks, which made Ana frown, "But you need to think about bringing balance into your life. Let your sisters help you, please have a break."

Ana looked down at her hands, and sighed, "I suppose."

"Go," Lola nodded to the stairs, "I'll take care of the rest. That includes mister vampire downstairs. I have some of the girls researching in the library." Lola raised a judgemental eyebrow, "That means you shut that beautiful brain and go relax for the rest of the evening please."

Ana looked at the witch, all lacquered, manicured, shiny and sleek. She looked like a hard woman, that Lola Burbank. But moments like these made Ana realise that actually the witch had a heart of gold and was perhaps the warmest and most caring amongst them.

"Thanks Lola," Ana found herself smiling in appreciation, "Sometimes, you're not a bitch."

Lola looked genuinely touched, a soft expression on her face, "Aw, sometimes you're not a bitch either,"

Ana couldn't help but laugh, "Alright, I'm having a bath."

"I was serious about the masturbation thing," Lola made sure to yell after her. Ana just shook her head, climbing the stairs back up to her room and kept on laughing.

It was maybe worth it, Ana mused, the sacrifice to become Coven mother. She loved those damn witches with all her heart. Especially when they were being annoying.

----

Julian was never sure how long it would last when the clouds moved and he could see. Today, today was so far as he could remember, the best day of his life.

He'd just seen the most breath-taking, beautiful woman he'd ever had the good fortune of laying his eyes on his life, naked.

Naked.

Not even a scrap of fabric in the way.

Whoever the hell she was..whatever the hell had happened...it was somehow okay for the moment...He could die now; happy and satisfied. Pleased, actually, that he'd had the opportunity to witness something so lovely occur.

The dark-haired beauty who had come to haunt his space was average height, but there was nothing average about her with or without clothes on.

He wasn't sure how he'd found himself in her room again, specifically in front of her bathroom doorway, staring at her. But by whatever God or wisdom that brought him there, he was grateful.

12