Saving Each Other Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good news and bad news today, Liv. Bad news is, you have a few small tears in your rotator cuff. Good news is, doesn't look like you'll need surgery."

I let out a breath of relief at the good news, while Emma stood to ask what needed to be done.

"You'll be in the sling or keeping that arm rested for the next few weeks. No need to wear it to bed, but try not to sleep on that side. I'm going to give you two injections that will help with the recovery, but it'll probably cause a bit of pain for a few days depending on how your body reacts to it. I know you don't want them, but I'm sending you home with pain meds just in case. Check back with us in a few weeks or if it gets worse. I'll be right back with the injections."

I sat up, shaking nervously. Angie sat by my side, taking my hand when the doctor came back. Turning my head not to watch, the doctor pulled the gown down, preparing the front of my shoulder. He warned it would hurt. I clenched my teeth and cursed under my breath as the needle went in. Apologizing, he moved to the back of my shoulder. I gripped Angie's hand, tears welling up at the second one. I yelped when he started moving and rotating my arm, Angie doing her best to comfort me.

"I know, it sucks. Take your time getting dressed, and you're free to go. And Liv? Don't be stubborn about the pain meds. I already checked, they'll be fine with the other prescriptions you're on. Lots of ice today, girls."

The doctor left the room. I kept my head tucked into Angie, crying quietly and trying to compose myself. The injections burned and throbbed in my shoulder and down my arm. Emma sat at my other side rubbing my lower back lightly. I stood up and tugged the gown off, asking them for help. The two gently helped me back into my clothes and sling, doing their best not to move my arm. Ben stood, awaiting an update.

"You good?"

I shook my head no, letting the girls guide me back to the car. Emma filled Ben in, climbing in the back seat with us to comfort me on the ride home. Angie asked Ben to stop for breakfast sandwiches on the way, wanting to get a pill in me. He nodded, calling in the order and hopping out to pick them up before getting us home. The girls escorted me into bed while Ben unpacked the car. I sat and ate about half the sandwich before asking to lay down. Emma retrieved the ice packs, Angie handing me a pill and water.

"I don't need it. Just need to rest."

Emma rested a hand on my shoulder, causing me to jump.

"Yeah, you need it. Take it, please."

"You heard the doctor, baby girl. He said don't be stubborn. For me, please?"

I sighed and took the pill, complaining that it wasn't necessary. They ignored me instead of scolding me, knowing it was mostly pain and exhaustion talking. Ben asked if I wanted him to hook the gaming consoles back up in the game room. I agreed, thanking him before heading to our bedroom. The girls followed close behind me. Angie helped me out of the sling, climbing into bed first to set up a spot. Inching my way back, I found a way to cuddle my good side into Angie. Emma set the ice across pillows and over the front of my shoulder before settling in carefully around me.

"Sorry for being a jerk... I love you both. Just frustrated and hurting."

"It's ok, girlie. We know. You wanna take a nap?"

"Eh, I'm sure the drugs will knock me out soon enough. When do you see Shaina?"

"Tomorrow. A little nervous, actually."

"No need to be. She's really good."

"Little one, you'll probably need the meds today and tomorrow. Ben and I can stay an extra day if you two need us around."

"I'll be fine, Em. If Angie isn't around, I can call Jimmy if I need anything."

"Ok. Well, we'll stay until after dinner then in case you change your mind. If that's ok with both of you."

"You're both welcome anytime."

Ben came back in, asking if he could lay with us. I motioned him over to Emma's side, asking him not to bounce around too much. I asked Angie for my phone to call and update Bill. She warned me to not push it, handing me the phone. I left it on speaker while I talked to him. He told me to stay out for the next three days, informing me that Michele was looking for extra money. While he wouldn't refuse me work, he did say that Michele or one of the other girls would have to work with me until we figured out my limits and to split the tips. I agreed. I only wanted to work. Whoever was with me could keep the money, I didn't care.

"Uhh, hey Liv..." Ben started, "I was kind of wondering about the dungeon set up..."

"Haha. If Emma helps you, you guys can go set it up again. I'd appreciate if you let me fall asleep before stealing Angie away to use it, though."

"I'm not going anywhere, girlie."

"No, I insist. Under one other condition... next time it's all four of us down there, I'm running things. Em's got a continuous orgasm coming her way as payback!"

They laughed, and Emma tried to object. After some encouragement from Ben and Angie, she huffed and agreed, pretending not to look forward to it. They left to go set everything back up, giving us some alone time. Knowing Angie was due back at work the day after tomorrow, I made her promise not to take any extra time off because of me. She reluctantly agreed. Angie turned on the tv to our favorite comedian, knowing it would help lull me to sleep. I looked up at her and smiled.

"I want two things, love."

"And what would that be?"

"A kiss before I fall asleep and you run off to play. And some good Jersey pizza for dinner."

She smiled back, leaning in for a long sweet kiss. Angie followed it with a peck on my nose and few on my forehead before settling back in.

"Pizza it is. Better?"

"Perfect. Stay a few more minutes?"

Angie tucked the blanket around me before running her fingers through my hair. I started to nod off wondering how long this round of healing would take and hoping for no more injections. I mumbled a promise to Angie that I wouldn't do anything to make it worse before I finally passed out.

The rest of the day was nothing but eating, snuggling, and our goodbyes to Emma and Ben. Everyone even stayed fully clothed. Emma had picked up a few ice packs made specifically to surround my shoulder while I was out, and a more comfortable sling that was easier to work with. Angie didn't bother trying to keep me naked for bed other than helping me into lighter clothes, even tossing on a tank and shorts herself.

"Love, can I skip the pain meds and just stay awake to hold you? I'm not tired."

"Honey, I'm exhausted... are you going to lie to me about how much pain you're in?"

"Honestly, those injections aren't sitting well with me. Maybe a bad reaction? A lot. It hurts a lot right now. But I want to hold my beautiful wife for awhile."

"Take it anyway then, let me prop up the pillows so you don't roll onto that arm, and I'll meet you halfway. I'll snuggle into you so you can hold me while we fall asleep together. Sound good?"

"I'll take what I can get. Thanks, love."

"I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow, make sure it's ok for you to play your video games and ask a few other questions I have. You'll take them again in the morning, and we can play it by ear after I see Shaina."

Seeing the tension on her face, I nodded. I knew that I'd be out pretty quick and told her I wouldn't argue anymore tomorrow. Angie had her own healing to work on, I didn't want to upset her. For now, I was more than content to have her rest her head on my chest, holding each other tight as we drifted to sleep together.