Saving the Starlight Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He opened a can a salmon for lunch and was eating straight from the can when Sally called.

"Hi it's Sally. Where are you?"

"At home."

"Good I'm coming over to collect you. Our first meeting is with Al and Margo Grossi of Mediterranean Food Imports who are ready to talk property."

"What so soon?"

"Yes the timing for them is perfect. And then two other clients also want to meet you and I arranged that meeting for 2.30. That will give us probably a half-hour to fill in so any ideas?"

"That's fine - coffee?"

"Right at my place."

"I was interested in trying Zorro's Coffee House."

Frustrated Sally blurted, "Fenton how the fuck and I ever going to get you into me again when you are so difficult like this?"

She sighed, made no effort to apologize for her outburst and said that Zorro's would be fine.

Sally rushed into the café and allowed Fenton to kiss her chastely although still managing to flatten her breasts against his chest.

Soon after that they entered the warehouse offices of Mediterranean Foods where Sally introduced Fenton to Al and Margo.

Margo did most of the talking.

"We want to build a new facility and have secured a site on Main Street in the heart of the shopping centre which will allow us to offer a retail service at the street frontage and have our much larger wholesale business with large parking area at the rear. You recently purchased those two joining properties with a two-year delay for settlement. Those properties with one adjoining Baker's Lane off Main Street are suitable for our wholesale operation looks good for us don't they Al providing we can complete settlement in six months from today which is the time it will take to get building plans completed and for the Council approvals.

Al nodded and continued to eye Sally's rather stately chest that appeared to have taken on extra movement for Al's benefit.

Margo said, "Our offer to buy that land you signed for unconditionally recently is at registered valuation plus 10.5% to allow a tidy quick profit for you. We offer a $100,000 deposit at the time of signing to seal a deal."

Margo looked worried while Al looked anxious and finally Murdoch said, "The valuation if that property is very current, registered only three months ago. Here's the deal, I want what I have paid or agreed to pay for those two conjoining properties plus 20%, plus a $50,000 deposit to be held in my lawyer's trust account with settlement one year from today."

"I don't know about that," Margo hedged.

"Oh you have other options," Sally said, looking at her fingernails.

"Well," Margo hesitated.

Al chimed in, "No we don't as we want the retail and the wholesale divisions of our business on the same site."

"I think you should review what Fenton just said very carefully," Sally said. "In his capacity with this land he's an investor out to make a quick profit without being outrageous in his naming his price. If he sits on that land for two years the price he wants for those two properties on recently zoned commercial land may well be double in value."

"I tell you what guys," Fenton said. "If I produce a satisfactory solution for you will you donate $10,000 to the Save the Starlight Public Appeal Fund?"

"Absolutely," Margo said. But I can't see that happening."

"Yeah we promise I'll hand Sally our cheque for ten grand within 24 hours of we being satisfied you have landed us with a satisfactory outcome."

"Right thanks Al. Step one involves me not renewing the contract with renters who are often in rent arrears for that property on the corner and I've made the point to them that I'm not a charity. Their rental agreement is due for renewal in three weeks but won't be renewed. Being a corner property it is the logical area for the warehouse anyway and you are welcome to purchase it as soon as it becomes vacant as soon as we have a comprehensive agreement signed."

"Then under our legal agreement, in five months I go to the business owner of that adjoining property with a brief-case full of cash and the suggestion it's all her subject to lawyers agreeing on settlement being brought forward 18 months, which would give her one month to wind up her business and go early to Australia."

"She wanted settlement in two years to allow her daughter to complete her tertiary education but I know how most people react to the sight of a fist-full of dollars. Coincidentally the education year for tertiary students ends in about five months, meaning her daughter's education for qualifications most probably could resume at the end of summer in Australia."

Margo said, "You make it sound too easy and failure to complete could disrupt our business plans."

Fenton said, "Al?"

"Margo just believe in him; this young guy is something of a wonder boy. Look how he weaved and wheedled to get the said the Starlight project back on track, the cinema where in our late terns we used to go when we'd just began to date. And your chief bridesmaid's daughter Cynthia, she was one of those kids that Fenton saved from drowning, as you reminded me about when the story resurfaced in the newspaper the other day."

"Omigod Fenton, how could I doubt you," Margo said sniffing. "Cynthia has grown into an adorable teenager and intends completing a degree in education. Her parents are so proud of her."

"Thank you Margo and I bet you are the risk-taker in your business."

"Yes and how did you know?"

"I sensed that Al might be a bit of a yes-man like me."

The Grossi's and Fenton watched Sally who had an attack of near-hysterics and Margo asked Fenton what had sent Sally off.

He shrugged grinning.

When Sally recovered, Margo smiled and said they had a deal and would enter a contract as soon as Fenton tied up two loose ends over the settlements of both properties.

Later Fenton took Sally to coffee where she spent most of her time playing with her low hanging necklace.

He eyed her tits and said, "Who are these other people waiting to see me?"

"They engaged me on a fee and asked me to bring you to them but to keep my mouth closed. Lawyers representing both parties will be present."

"Ah my cinema rivals."

Sally was shocked. "Christ Fenton, don't let on you know otherwise they'll assume I've breached confidence."

"If you have dirty secrets Sally they are safe with me," Fenton grinned.

More to Come