Savior Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm impressed," she said as she cut off another bite.

"Everyone has the same reaction. I wish you could have seen your face. You were like, 'What's this? This isn't apple pie.'"

"It's not like any I've had, but it's certainly good." Even though she'd claimed she didn't want it, she ate more than half of the slice. "Ugh... I hate you," she groaned as she gently tossed her spoon into the bowl.

"I didn't make you eat it," I countered with a smile.

"Doesn't matter. I still hate you." She turned to her purse, pulling her wallet out.

Listening to her stories, I'd realized that her sudden relaxation when she looked at the menu was because she'd concerned about the price. She hadn't stated it clearly, but picking up on a few of her comments, I was pretty sure she was... if not broke, at least financially strapped.

"I've got this," I said as I pulled the ticket to me.

"You don't have to do that. I can pay for my meal."

"I invited you to dinner, I'm paying."

She held my gaze for a moment, and I could see the gratefulness in her eyes, but at the same time, I could tell she was worried about something... perhaps afraid I'd think she was a freeloader and withdraw my offer to help.

"Thank you," she finally whispered.

I left a pair of twenties on the table which would cover our meals with a generous tip, and then escorted her outside. I glanced up at the rumble of distant thunder as she donned the helmet. It appeared the rain was at least thirty to forty-five minutes away, and we were only fifteen minutes or so from the motel. We should make it easily. I smiled as I felt the bike settle when she mounted up behind me. Not that I'd mind seeing her in a wet shirt...

We hustled back through town. The rain was closing in faster than I expected, and while I was fairly certain I'd get her back to the motel before it started raining, I wasn't as sure I'd make it home before I got wet. I pulled to a stop beside her Bug and killed the rumbling bike as she dismounted.

"Thank you for dinner, and for helping me get Garrett back," she said softly as she handed me my helmet.

"We'll start looking in the morning, say about eight?"

"Eight is perfect."

"Okay, I'll pick you up then," I said as I put on the helmet. "We'll have breakfast, then we'll see if we can track down your ex."

"Thank you, again. It won't cause you problems at work, will it?"

"There's nothing there that can't wait a day or two." I thumbed the bike to life. "See you at eight."

12