All Comments on 'Sawtooth Mountain'

by countrycal

Sort by:
  • 62 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A beautiful story, beautifully told

Cal:

There are very few bases you didn't cover in this story. I do have to say the when you wrote about Peggy's breast cancer I read on with trepidation because of the effect on her and on him as a general thing. In her mind will generally be the fear she has lost a part of her femininity, in his the fear that he will turn from her when he sees her wounded body. You handled it very, very well, and in so doing completed a wonderful love story. Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Finest Ever

Cal

That is the finest story ever told on this site. Thank you.

Mike

maine_lee_memaine_lee_meabout 18 years ago
Bravo, Cal!

Awesome story, Cal! Well written, by someone who obviously knows how to touch anothers heart. It certainly did mine.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Prize Winner

Cal,

Without a doubt the BEST I've ever read on Literotica. I was teary eyed at the end. Congratulations on brings us into the feelings of the two main subjects.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great

Once in a while you read a truely exceptional story.

This is most assuredly one.

Erotica mixed with real life make a fine read.

You have done an outstanding job.

Hope to see more like this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Touching...

Your story moved me...it was both erotic and touching. Your writing style needs to be shared with a greater audience.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
very nice

and very well told. You made her into a courageous woman and not someone to be pitied for her disease. I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great read

Cal, This was like one of those books you just can't put down. I enjoyed the read and hope there's more to come.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
reviewing "Sawtooth Mountain"

What a wonderful story. I quite enjoyed it. Well written, beautifully touching....a splendid job, all around!

don87654don87654about 18 years ago
Good, but could be better

A lot of eroticism here, but it could have been much better. You made Peggy to be too old. If she had been 20 years younger she could have gotten preggie with your baby and then the story would have offered much more eroticism.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Cal

What a beautiful story best I have read in a long time

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
One Of The Best Here Very Much On His Game

A strong touch for what needs to be felt at the appropriate times then having the words and tone to bring the emotions to life.

It seems there is but one thing more for you to do for us - please get Donie875649038273485 pregnant before Memorial Day so he can celebrate Soldiers, wars and his Pregnancy on the same day.

I hope that didn't offend you author but it seemed so appropriate given his comment.

You - Author - are very much appreciated and respected for your talent, subjects, efforts and imagination.

More at interval please - Again Thanks - With very High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Old-school eroticism

This is a love story in every possible way. The eroticism comes from the emotional connection. No, it doesn't have the graphic depictions of every part of the physical act. But it is an erotic love story nonetheless. An excellent story with maximum emotional connection for the reader! Truly well done Cal!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A good cry

I never for a moment expected to cry on this site. Loving words and a loving touch are hard to find anywhere, be it in real life or a story. I couldn't decide if I cried tears of sadness or joy. I cried both. I wouldn't recommend a single change to any part of the story. Thank you.

kydreamrkydreamrabout 18 years ago
Wonderfully touching story

This story compares very well with Ronde's "Laura's Vineyard." Well written, well developed characters, and a nice, tight, story line.

Well done!

CoraClarkeCoraClarkeabout 18 years ago
Wonderful Story

I was impressed by the sensitivity of the story. You handled the subject matter very well. I would love to read any more you may have written. You are a wonderful writer, Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Perfect Erotic Mature Love Story.

Cal, I have read many good erotic stories but this is the best of all. Never cried myself before this. You make a one old lady into a beautiful creation. This shows that there's still love for people who are ill with cancer. Congratulations!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
hot and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

First time I cried with a erotic story.

It's one of the best I have ever read

Thanks

Bob

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Literotica at it's ultimate best

Cal, As others have said this story was absolutely brilliant and moving. Your character development and plot drew me totally into your writing. You also struck a cord emotionally with this reader. I look forward to reading more of your pieces.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Thanks

Very tender, thanks

AG1950AG1950over 17 years ago
Just so lovely

I read this one slowly as it is so well-written and I felt as if I was actually there. Really, really good. Alastair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Like WOW

So well done you feel like you are watching a great movie. I felt like I was really there watching. Hope you are making a good paying career out of your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great

This was an excellent story. It was incredibly moving and the way you captured the love, truly the depth of the love was wonderful. Made me stop and think of my own love and had me gazing decades into the future, hoping that i too could feel such love in the escaping breath of life. Keep writing so beautifuly. Again great job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Finally...

I read it. Like so many of your other readers, I found myself in tears. Thank you for understanding my need to wait.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Beautiful

I cried.

fredietheonefredietheoneabout 17 years ago
I am sad that I have come to the end of this story

An incredibly well writen story, beliveable characters, tenderly erotic without any courseness

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Wonderful!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
"A perfect story from a caring writer"

You have touched my very soul with your story. You have a great talent and I hope you have persued your writing with commercial ventures. Please give us any details of anything you may have or will publish so we won't miss reading it.

oldwayneoldwayneover 14 years ago
One of the best I've ever read.

And at my age, I've read an awful lot of them. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful talent with your readers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
A wonderful surprise

I was looking for something HOT.. instead I found a story that was able to reach much deeper than any I've read in a long while. Well done. Thanks to the author for taking the time to write something real. HOT alone is not always the best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Sawtooth Mtn Romance

It has been a long time since a story touched me so deeply in a very special way . Please continue to write more works of art. You have a real gift, my friend. Thank you

Scorpio44Scorpio44almost 14 years ago
Thank you

I am moved, inspired and honored to have read this story. I will share it with those I love, sure that it will move and inspire them as well. I love stories about creating family with trust, honesty and love. Thank you.

MacsmistressMacsmistressover 13 years ago
Exquisite

This was such a touching and wonderful story. I am the older woman, and my man makes me feel as loved and cherished as Cal did Peggy. It is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

I look forward to more of your submissions.

edgarf217edgarf217over 13 years ago

I just lost my own beautiful older wife to breast cancer. In many ways you told our story here. It made me cry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
WOW!!!!!

whom in their wildest imaginings would think of finding a life lesson and inspiration , on a sexually orientated site? keep up the amazing writing...and thank you.

mark

OzBill13OzBill13almost 13 years ago
What a pleasant surprise!!!

That was not what i expected at all. Absolutely the best story I have read on literotica. You have a wonderful way with words, and I would love to give you any encouragement I could to keep you writing more. Great stuff!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Wonderfull

This is probably one of the best stories I have read - just superb

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great story

I really enjoyed this story how about revisiting at some point

Always need a sequel

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Amazing

This should be a movie... Amazing writting amazing story

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
AWESOME!!

That was the best I have ever read on the site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Wonderful, honest, loving, and sad. These are the first words that come to mind. I loved the characters in this story and yes, it would make a great movie. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
BAlance

Love and dislike, rational and irrational, kind and near-cruel and so many

things were balanced a lot closer to how life does it in small situations like

this one. It is always gratifying when a writer's story echoes what life did

in your own experience, no sugarcoat, no venom, just at times close to extremes without needing to be extreme. Done so well here, it felt tender and tough in just the right measure. Certainly one of my top 15 or 20 in the last 3 or 4 years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

This story made me cry. Just beautifully written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
incredible

its great how its a true romance as well as a sexual story. its not a page long full of just sex. great story one of my favourotes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

One word Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric_ShiftEric_Shiftover 10 years ago
Great story

But now I have to find something to cheer me up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I love this story

Hi,

Your description of Cal is the image I carry in my mind of the kind of man I've strived to be since I was 14 years old and my mother taught me what a gentleman was. I'm 71 now, happily married to the same woman for 43 years, 6 kids, 15 grand kids and 2 great grand kids and I still try to be a "Better" person. How he described his feelings for Peggy is how I've felt about my wife for all this time.

Thank you for the marvelous descriptive words. I'll remember this story for a long time. Please do it again.

Paul

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Excellent in every possible sense

That detailed story line was a contribution by a talented writer, not just erotic because he missed most of that here but there was so much more provided. I am more than thoroughly impressed with every paragraph, I could see this becoming a screenplay to become a movie with some pumping up. Such an enjoyable read! Bravo.

yankeecatladyyankeecatladyover 10 years ago
Tears

Wonderful. The tears are streaming !!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Pleasant Tale

The way you described the cancer was with sensitivity, although the overall tone was rather smug, and overly sentimental.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Uh huh...

Damn good story line... sensitive, strong, really great! Thanks!

NellaBarely2NellaBarely2over 8 years ago
S/B a New Category

You and a rare few others, set the stage for another, much needed new category - ER: Erotic Romance. You craft the kind of romance that my bride enjoys, and we share them with our circle of close friends. Great writing style and respect for family and personal needs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great

Once I a while you come across a story so well thought out and written that it keeps you reading to the very end, your story was really enjoyable thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
One of the better stories on the website

Simply a well written, engaging story, well done.

Cardswin2011Cardswin2011over 7 years ago
Marvelous

One of the finest stories I've ever read. Thank you so much.

couple4fun4080couple4fun4080almost 6 years ago
really touching

This is by far the best story we ever read on literotica....can't think of anything you could have done to make it better. It was one of those stories you hated to see it end. Thanks for sharing, Bobbie and Dave

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15almost 4 years ago
Awesome!

Beautiful, poignant story! Sweet, sad 😢 and uplifting.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxalmost 3 years ago

Damn you CC, shit shit shit!!!! You made me cry. It was like I was looking back on my past life with my loving wife. She had terminal brain cancer, She went through a big operation then chemo and radiation, then another operation because the tumor she had always comes back. Second operation she stroked out on the operating table. God I miss that woman. 45 years of blessings!! Your loving story did what it was meant to do, bring out the readers emotions and fire up peoples lives and also remind us all that life is SO fragile. KUDOS BIG TIME for a great story of love, of romance. Thank you so much for this read.

burningloveburninglovealmost 3 years ago

Excellent story - a weeper! ***** stars!

Burning Love

stewartbstewartbover 2 years ago

Would have been sorry if I had missed this story.

TexasFellerTexasFellerover 2 years ago

Truly one of the finest stories, especially a love story, that I have read on Literotica. Thanks!

VtenduranceVtenduranceover 1 year ago

Beautiful story, made me cry.

Thank you

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous