Scales Balance

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I knew the voice immediately, but I had to really take a good look to make sure, because it certainly didn't look like the Traci I last saw ... about 10 years ago. Her face had more lines than I remembered, and she looked to be about 25 pounds heavier. I tried not to look surprised, but I'm sure I didn't succeed.

"Traci, I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention," I stammered. "I wasn't trying to snub you.

"As for hating you ... Well, it's been a long time. I know I've let at least some of that go."

By this time the four of us were inside the doors. I introduced Lucy to Traci, and was then introduced to John Bartholomew, Traci's date for the evening. Apparently, two husbands was Traci's limit so far, she said.

"Whatever you do tonight, John, don't put your hands on me in front of my ex. It didn't turn out so well for the last guy."

Traci said it in jest, but it was the truth.

"But it worked out real good for me, Traci. Guess who my rehab therapist was after I broke my hand on that guy who manhandled you in the restaurant that night."

I pointed to Lucy, who blushed modestly.

"So I guess I owe you more than I can repay. You gave me the greatest grief of my life, and then became the instrument that put me together with the love of my life. All in all, I'd have to say the scales balanced."

"At least for some of us, Jimmy. At least for some of us."