All Comments on 'Scarlet Ribbons'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 224 Comments (Page 3)
WrickettsWricketts3 months ago

I just wonder if he ever saw his daughter again?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A few niggles... In order to access Amazon, I'd think you'd need a device... and his phone didn't get replaced until later. The hotel could have provided a computer, but then you've got to remember your passwords, and revert to using your credit cards... something he was avoiding by paying cash for the room.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker3 months ago

5. .but i wish u wrapped it up with the kid.. 🤷🤷👌👍👍👍👍👍💯💯💯💯👋😉😁🙋🍕🍺💰💸

GriscomGriscom3 months ago

The daughter was a manipulative psycho. Even at 16. Axel keeping his distance from the daughter would have made more sense if he had known more of the details about how Machiavellian the daughter was.

LechemanLecheman3 months ago

Liked the story and loved the ending.

Schwanze1Schwanze13 months ago

Read again. Wasn't ready for it to be finished, but it was time. Very very good.

rn2711rn27113 months ago

You didn't close the issues with the daughter. I don't care about the wife, but you can't treat a 16 year old child as a grownup.

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamore3 months ago

@rn2711 - hate to disagree, there are consequences for betrayal, even if you are 16.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good tale, thank you! 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Carrie even at 16 at mental health issues. 5 star story. Axel got a new life with Barbara and their child. Chandler wasn't the asshole I expected. He just got caught in the web of deceit and machinations of Carrie, Jim and Julie.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I wish it would have ended with a reunion with his daughter. The mother certainly messed with her mental well-being.

oldtwitoldtwit3 months ago

Nice story, nice enough character set, nobody was that bad, it could be a real life story, if I have a comment about it the ending was just too rushed, it needed just a bit more

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I gave it five stars because it was so well developed and written. However I saw the last line, while ironic, a bit lame.

JPB NOT BOB

mstbdscrt1957mstbdscrt19572 months ago

Laptopwriter, hopefully you will continue to expand your knowledge and add more with these characters. The ending was cut off seems to me.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Good but the ending seemed flat to me. Yes, Axel would have been furious with hs wife and daughter and I can understand if he never spoke another word to his faithless wife. And his sense of betrayal and loss would be even greater in its way than the emotional trauma from his wife's calculated abandonment of him. That said, it seems unlikely that he would never have any contact with his daughter again, in part because it doesn't seem that he knew just how much his daughter engineered her mother's infidelity. It also seems unlikely that at least the daughter, who had evinced sadness and uncertainty at how she and her mother completely abandoned her father, would not have tracked the father down and tried to achieve some resolution and reconciliation with her father.

Without that, the ending seems rushed and the story incomplete. 4**** for a writer who normally gets only 5***** from me.

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiverabout 2 months ago

I wish the ending could have been a bit more involved.

Regardless, Julie and Carrie.

Carrie needs to see a mental health professional. She is CRAZY!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

They were a bit dispicable but at least Axel didn't do the loneliness is forever unless you take your true skank back series of events.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanabout 2 months ago

Carrie is going to need s shit tonne of therapy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The ending was so bland.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I agree with some other comments, Carrie really needs to talk to someone about her fantasy life. Someone besides her lying conniving mother. What a selfish bitch she turned out to be.

Great story, though, LTW, thanks a lot for sharing. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Good story with a good outcome for the MC, but could have been fleshed out a bit more, still enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

my only problem is i thought the daughter should have a chance to reconnect with her father ?? at the very least she needs some therapy .

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Not vindictive or anything. But, think the two harpies should be burned at the stake.

MehntalityMehntality4 days ago

It was a good story, until it wasnt... It seemed like the author just lost interest and wrapped everything as fast as he could. The ending was emotionless and bland....not at all what the initial build-up promised. The wife was a robot, the daughter, a psychopath. But neither was sufficiently explored. 3* due to the unsatisfactory ending.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous