Scarlet Ribbons

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He thought back and remembered the tears in her eyes when she left him in the hospital. "I'll even pay for your ticket."

"Yeah, but this place is a little out of the way. Let me check the airlines and see what's available."

The following week, Axel found himself in a happy mood as he made the hour-long drive to pick her up. She literally ran into his arms as soon as she saw him. Normally, something like that would take him by surprise, but it felt good to hold her. He almost didn't want to let her go.

There was never a lull in the conversation on the way back. He told her he arranged a room for her at the same motel he was in. "For a little town," he told her, "the place has some really nice places to eat. I made us reservations for seven at the swankiest place in town. I've wanted to go there but didn't want to go alone."

Axel did his tour guide impression during the day and after an extremely pleasant dinner, walked her back to her room. He wanted to ask her to spend the night but he didn't want to give her the impression it was the reason he paid for her ticket.

At eight o'clock the next morning, someone was knocking on his door. "Good morning, Axel, I hope it's not too early. I... " She got a glimpse into his room. "Oh, my God, Axel, these are wonderful," she said while strolling around."

"Thanks, I've been going out in the desert almost every day and painting."

"Is me being here keeping you from your work?"

"No, absolutely not. As you can see, I have a pretty good assortment."

"I'd love to go with you one day and watch you paint."

"I'd have no problem with that, Barb, but there are no port-o-potties out there."

"Would you be a gentleman and turn your back?"

"Of course."

"That's good enough for me."

It was the fourth day of her visit that they ventured out to the desert. True to his word, Axel turned his back every time she had to tinkle, as she put it. She did the same for him, but he could hear her giggle when she did. Later that night she knocked on his door. She had something she had to tell him and she couldn't wait any longer.

He invited her in and they sat on the bed. "Axel, you're going to think I'm nuts but when I saw you in the hospital, I fell in love with you." He didn't seem as surprised as she thought he'd be.

"Let me explain; there were other people around that day and the way I was screaming you can't tell me they didn't hear me. One was even taking a video with her phone, but not one of them raised a finger to help until you came out of that bar."

"Were they ever caught?"

"Oh yeah, the DA was going to try and track you down, but there was so much video he didn't have to."

"Anyway, you were pretty much out of it for a couple days after the operation and didn't even know I was there, but when I looked at you lying there, I saw a man of integrity and honesty. I know the circumstances you were under when you rushed those men, but I know you'd have done it anyway. These few days have been the best of my life."

Axel had to admit, after all those years, he was actually doing what he loved to do and had a woman who loved him for who he was. But... "Barb, we've only known each other for a few days."

"I know. It's crazy, I know, but my mom and dad were married six weeks after they met and they love each other every bit as much today as the day they were married.

"I'm not suggesting we get married tomorrow, or even at all. Wyatt Earp and Josephine lived together for over forty years and never tied the knot. I just want to go where you go and spend my time with you. If you decide to stay here, I'd like to stay too. If you decide to move or keep moving, I'd like to go with you."

"What about your life back in Illinois? You must have a job... friends, are you really willing to give that up to be with me?"

"Absolutely," she said, emphatically, "but the real question is how do you feel about me?"

It was a question he'd asked himself several times over the last few days. For some reason, he felt drawn to her. Was it love or infatuation? While he was asking himself those questions, Barbara pressed their lips together. The spark he felt was real. Cautiously, he kissed her again, this time with passion.

Barbara broke out with a big smile. "You know we're going to make love tonight, don't you?"

"I'm ready if you are," he replied.

She made the first move by unbuttoning his shirt, but before she could reach his belt, he told her it was his turn. They both took their time but had each other undressed within minutes.

"Wow," he declared as she spun around for him.

"You like?"

"You're absolutely gorgeous, with or without clothes."

She lay across the bed with a big smile. She had dreamed of the moment ever since seeing him in the hospital. "Oh, oh," Axel's tongue on her hard nipples were almost like little electric shocks. "Oh, God," she gasped he reached her drenched pussy.

Her hands grabbed at the sheets and tugged with rapture. She'd had two, or was it three orgasms already? Completely out of breath, she managed to say a few words while trying to catch her breath. "I... I need you in... inside me, Honey, please.

Axel moved up into position and easily slipped inside. He waited for only a moment to watch the ecstasy on her face before slowly moving in and out. When he got married, Axel wanted to make sure he satisfied his wife so he learned a method to prolong ejaculation and give him more stamina.

After another couple of orgasms, she wanted to do it doggy style. He had been going at it for quite a while and couldn't hold back any longer. "Are you on the pill?"

"Yes, let yourself go, Honey." With that, they both had a world-shaking climax. Completely spent, they flopped on the bed next to each other. After some pillow talk, they both fell asleep.

The following morning, Axel woke up to the wonderful feeling of getting a blow job. When Barb saw his eyes open, she smiled. "You just lay there. I figured since we're out west, my cowgirl impression is appropriate." She swung one leg over and lowered herself down. This time, it was she who took a moment as she looked into his eyes. There was a definite bond between them, they both felt it.

A week later, they found an apartment and moved in together. After another week, Axel already knew he'd made the right choice. It was like he'd found the other half of himself. He didn't think life could be any better, but he was about to be proven wrong. He had finally bought a new phone, mainly so Barbara could reach him if she needed him.

It was one of the few days she didn't accompany him to the desert. He was just blocking in the shadows on his current painting when it rang. "Hello."

"Axel, this is Suzy, you need to get down here right now."

His first thought was of Barbara. "Is it Barb, is she hurt?"

"No, she's fine; I have someone here you need to meet."

"Can it wait a while? I'm right in the middle of a new painting."

"No, you need to get your ass in gear and get down here. How far away are you?"

"Ah, about thirty-five minutes, I guess."

"Okay, hurry up, I mean it."

He was a little ticked having to leave his painting half-finished but Suzy hadn't steered him wrong so far. When he walked in, she took no time in introducing him to another gentleman. "Axel, this is Lyle Wescoff, he's an agent for several artists. He loves your work and wants to represent you."

He had no idea what she was talking about. "Represent me?"

Mr. Wescoff joined in, "Mr. Brolin, ever see articles about painters in magazines, see their work on covers, or calendars, or postcards; ever wonder how those artists got so popular? That's my job, to make you popular."

They sat down and talked, hashing out the details. Axel called Barbara and asked her to sit in. When they were done talking, he looked at her. "So, what do you think."

"Axel, I'll go with whatever decision you make, but to me, there doesn't seem to be a downside. It sounds like all you have to do is keep painting and we both know you'll never stop."

Axel studied the contract and didn't see any small print; in fact, it was pretty basic so he signed on the line. Mr. Wescoff didn't waste any time. Within the first month, Axel had his painting on two calendars.

*****

Jim waited until it was official, he'd been sacked. When they gave him the buyout amount for his contract, it was a token amount. "No way," he exclaimed. You really think you can get away with this? I've been with the station for six years and this is how you treat me?"

"I thought that would be your reaction, Jim. I went to the top and told them so but they showed me the drop off in viewership. They said if you don't like it, you can sue but when they explain how you hurt the station, they're confident the court will side with them. You have seventy-two hours to sign or the offer goes away entirely."

Jim called several lawyers but none were very encouraging. He was between a rock and a hard place. He angrily scribbled his name on the dotted line before sending out prewritten resumes.

He couldn't believe that after it took so long to work his way up the ladder, he had it pulled out from under him so quickly. He wanted to blame Julie, but he couldn't deny his part in the whole scandal. He knew he couldn't keep the ranch; he could barely make the next two mortgage payments. He contacted a realtor and told her he'd price it to sell.

When Julie hadn't heard from him in a while, regardless of his wishes for her not to visit him at the ranch, she drove over to see a "SOLD" sign in the yard. Her heart dropped. He wouldn't, he wouldn't do that, she told herself. She tried calling him again, but as usual, it went right to voice mail.

When Carrie learned that her heartthrob had moved with no forwarding address, she broke out in inconsolable tears. They went back to the house to find the neighbors, all of whom liked Axel and assumed he'd be back someday, kept the lawn trimmed.

When they walked in, they immediately broke out into tears as the familiar furnishings created happy memories.

"He's not coming back, is he Mom?"

"I'm afraid not, Honey."

"What are we going to do?"

"Well, I have to get a job. Hopefully, I can make enough to stay in the house, otherwise, we'll have to get an apartment."

*****

Two years later, Axel and Barbara were as happy as two people could be and decided to make it legal. Barbara wanted a child but they didn't want it born out of wedlock so he did the whole bit, including getting on one knee in the first restaurant he'd taken her to on her first night there. Eleven months, later they were the very proud parents of a healthy son.

Mr. Wescoff was doing a great job of bringing Axel closer to millionaire status, so he and Barbara bought a beautiful home with a view of the desert.

*****

By that time, Jim Freeman had already gone through two jobs. He was used to a warm room, sitting behind a desk and reading off of a teleprompter. Now, he was right back to where he started, a reporter for a small station in Bismark, North Dakota, freezing his bippie while covering a sleigh race.

*****

Carrie was looking in the magazine section while shopping with her mother. "MOM, MOM," she yelled from two aisles over. She ran to her mom carrying a magazine, "It's Dad," she said, showing the article to Julie.

It was a three-page spread showing his work and a short article about him, his wife, and son.

Julie couldn't help the small smile, "I'll be damned. He always wanted to be an artist, I guess he finally made it."

"It also says he's married. Did you guys ever get divorced?"

"Oh, yeah, a long time ago. I filed almost immediately. He signed the papers when he was in the hospital; of course, I didn't know that's where he was at the time. Looking back, it was the dumbest thing I ever did."

"Well, at least things turned out for the best for one of us," was Carrie's sad declaration.

The End.