All Comments on 'Second Chance'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 63 Comments
Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedabout 1 year ago

I think this was on its way to being a 5, but the ending was somehow too abrupt, even though it was the anticipated conclusion. You connected all the final dots very quickly and shut down, making the ending somehow a bit empty.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hooked 1957 has created a fantasy Romance, and unusual combination that not only puts this in the 5.0 category by is a must read for anyone one who enjoys Sci-fi or fantasy and has a passion ever after Romance. I loved the characters, the plot was unique and I really wanted to believe the premise was possible. Thank you author for great entertainment.

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Pretty good slice of life, but the ending seemed rushed. The writing was strong, as usual, but I’m not a big fan of this type of story. I realize that the event forced the issue, which may have led the author out of his comfort zone.

kencorokencoroabout 1 year ago

I always thought "Surfing with the Alien" would never be a good theme for literotica.

None of the story bring out the feeling that someone would get from that instrumental.

This story is okay, if it's just a normal story. But it is nowhere near what the song is about.

This event is a failure.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 1 year ago

Well done and a five from me. I very much enjoy a well written romance.

DINGDONG33DINGDONG33about 1 year ago

Great just great I can't say more except you write well and I enjoy your stories more each time.

WoodencavWoodencavabout 1 year ago

Loved the story, maybe should be in the Sci-Fi category. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

exceptional story

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 year ago

Wow that’s one beautiful romance story!!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Regguy69Regguy69about 1 year ago

Nicely done, H57.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Did a bunch of you get together and decide to write sad sack stories? This is the fourth story and once again it's a pathetic male who is entirely unlikable. Quite frankly, the only reason anyone is reading these stories is because you are known and respected. If this was anyone else I would be done after reading that whiny "speech" for the third time. Jesus. The event should have been called the saga of the miserable and pathetic.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

Great story! I loved the last line.

5

hang1022hang1022about 1 year ago

For someone that rarely does romance, and never had done sci-fi, well done!!!

HistProf2019HistProf2019about 1 year ago

5 I must agree with Harddaysknight. A very well written romance that I dully enjoyed. Well done.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 1 year ago

Dope story Mr. 1957. Loved it. Write another, please. Randi.

@kencoro: Nice argument, but unfortunately, your mother is a failure.

JusteenKJusteenKabout 1 year ago

On the strength of this lovely story maybe you might consider writing some more romances.

linnearlinnearabout 1 year ago

Nice story and emotional. I expected a similar ending but was surprised by how quickly it concluded.

RanDog025RanDog025about 1 year ago

I really, really liked the story. These stories help me get over the forty dud stories I read until I get to a great story like this one. Thank you! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE BLAZING NOVA STARS!

James G 5James G 5about 1 year ago

I was really enjoying this, then BAM the ending slapped me in the face. As others have said, it felt rushed and unresolved. Drops to a 4 for that.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 1 year ago

Hi, Hooked, very enjoyable tale and a nice addition to the event. There was a great buildup as the characters and Dusty and his relationships were established but the ending seemed rushed to me. I suppose fleshing it out a bit more might have required filling in gaps better left to the imagination though so that was probably a good choice in the end. Thanks for participating in the the event and for writing and sharing such a sweet story.

des911des911about 1 year ago

Good scenario and very nicely done. The twist at the end is just perfect. Some may not like the lack of answers, the ambiguous nature of the ending. I loved it.

Thank you

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWantedabout 1 year ago

I thought she was going to be the Great Grand Niece of Scottie with her middle name being Scottie.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

Wonderful romantic story, although we al knew how it was going to end, with a tear.

mikie_1_99mikie_1_99about 1 year ago

I thought for sure he would return and buy the Travers place and be with Scottie until he died since she could not leave the property. Still I liked the story 5 stars

CagivagurlCagivagurlabout 1 year ago

Nice.

5 stars

Cagivagurl

stev2244stev2244about 1 year ago

Wow, exceptional story. Original and very romantic. Plus, there is a necklace ;)

Shepard_N7Shepard_N7about 1 year ago

Well, that was...abrupt.

Omart57Omart57about 1 year ago

You did good, H! Loved it!

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 1 year ago

I’m agreeing with Shepard_N7, that was a very abrupt ending that didn’t really fit the story arc you’d built in the first half. The storyline initially *felt* as if Dusty was going to lead a good life, but when he’s dying, his first love - the ‘71 Scottie, comes back for him and takes him “onward”. That said, whatever I think about the story is irrelevant as I’m not the Author, but for clarity and honesty I’ve rated this a 3⭐️ as I genuinely think you had a good story, but possibly ran out of time, finishing it early. Regards Ppfzz.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

The necklace at the end was a brilliant move - 5*

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 1 year ago

That worked very well. I wondered where Scottie had gone, then we found out. 5* story.

mower9527mower9527about 1 year ago

Well that ended quickly. But okay.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensabout 1 year ago

Loved it! My only issue is that I wish it could have gone on a bit longer. Still, five well-deserved stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Beautiful and moving. 5 stars and one thank you.

muddman74muddman74about 1 year ago

A most excellent story! Like the Anon said below me, thank you for sharing such a wonderful story and 5 stars from me.

JimQ2JimQ2about 1 year ago

Great. Loved it just as much a second time. I didn't realize your were also on SoL.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Wow, gave it 5 stars BUT there needs to be more written about these 2

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Fell short at the end

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion12 months ago

I really liked it. Almost to the point where I considered giving it 5-stars. Maybe because it was really more Sci-fi, with romance. It was still a nice read. 4-stars.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This merits a sequel.

G

littleone35littleone3511 months ago

Love it they were just meant for each other

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

that's it?

Martyr2002Martyr20028 months ago

Another Freeze Frame non-ending? Come on Hooked! Do better, I know you can. I've read them.

lc69hunterlc69hunter8 months ago

A sci-fi love story

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Goddamnit this story is fucking beautiful. It would make such a good movie

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Otherworldly. A beautiful spiritual romance.

Why is it nicer than earthly angst and pathos?

Is it really 'kismet'? Or a miracle?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

She did say she'd try and find him.

Well she didn't. She found him physically, of course. But she's yet to re-awaken her previous memories of him even while she was able to plead to the Great Unknown to release her from the Afterlife and replant her old self into the realm of the living.

She might recover her Scottie Jorgensen persona back... with time. Or not, depending on our author here.

Hooked borrowed some Studio Ghibli-ish narrative. This most certainly feels like a typical bestseller anime OVA. Albeit with a tad lazy, careless scripting.

Ganymede69Ganymede696 months ago

5stars!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

SeaChangerSeaChanger5 months ago

Creative and well written !

LoriRobinsonGaLoriRobinsonGa4 months ago

Okay now I have a new favorite but as I was doing some yardwork I was writing the story from Scotties's perspective as I felt she had a story that needs to be told.

GrandEagle53GrandEagle534 months ago

"...I rarely do romance and I have never before done anything even remotely approaching sci-fi."

Maybe not, but this was SPECTACULAR!!!!!!! Wish I could give more than 5 stars.

theoneguytheonetimetheoneguytheonetime3 months ago

This is a great story, but now we need another piece talking about how Scotty became marissa

vanyevanye3 months ago

I'm sad for KC. She was pretty amazing herself.

Beardog325Beardog3253 months ago

Good story the ending seemed a little to short.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt3 months ago

So... what happened to KC? How did Marrissa become Scottie or Scottie become Marrissa or... need a next chapter. Thank you.

NickTeeNickTee3 months ago

It was missing pieces... It didn't really make rational sense but it left me with a bitter-sweet longing on my heart. WELL DONE. 5 big ones

MythicArjunaMythicArjunaabout 1 month ago

Alternate Title: "Ghostf**ker"

Tagline: He will 'lay' you to rest

Get it 'lay'....🤣🤣🤣🤣

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman9 days ago

amazing story, 3 great characters and a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

A beautiful story for Romantics.

I hope it is not wasted on people who do know how to relate to such impressionist art; BUT IT IS GREAT ART!

Thanks

The Hoary Cleric

XluckyleeXluckyleeabout 5 hours ago

Excellent. 5 stars from Xluckylee for a very nice love story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous