All Comments on 'Second Chance Ch. 03'

by S-Des

Sort by:
  • 81 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Sorry, no one is this stupid

We have a smart hard working guy. He goes through hell. He recovers...for the most part. He marries the love of his life and he won't tell her why he feels she cheated?? Sorry not buying it. If he was mad enough to throw her out, he should be mad enough to rub her face in the "facts". I did not like this turn very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
No Sense at All

I tend to agree with previous reader comment. It makes no sense especially considering the hurt he is obviously still harbouring not to state the facts, more because he is so sure. Sorry up to the last bit was semi enjoying the story but the last part left a bad taste.

(Lecheman) - only because site will not let me login.

brujaybrujayover 11 years ago
Not so sure about this one.............

Almost like a repeat performance by Donna, but this time not completely verified.

Not so much he should burn the bitch, given how overpowering his love is for her, but Tim really needs to step back and.................wait..........sorry, I forgot this is your story..............so, I just can't wait for the next installment. But please don't make it a three-peat!

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
make tim a wimp

step up tim and stop running.

Rob ConnerRob Connerover 11 years ago
Smells like a setup.

I think she MIGHT be innocent.

looking4itlooking4itover 11 years ago

As is apparent in this story, nothing is as it seems. I have to agree with others though, not stating what he knows doesn't seem to be how Tim would have handled that final confrontation. Seems to be more relevant to the drama you want to build into your story than the reality of the character's decision. A confrontation I am sure you will have him profoundly regretting in the next chapter.

cohibaIVcohibaIVover 11 years ago
Too much

Communication (or the lack thereof) as a plot device is too common in LW stories. I've enjoyed the story so far, you've told a good tale with interesting, engaging characters (except Jake), but you've now written yourself into a corner.

It's not that Donna did or didn't cheat; it's that Tim is still broken. After the final scene in this latest chapter, I don't see how they can get back together without it feeling contrived. Better to follow the lead of some of the writers you have cited, and have them part, with this as a cautionary tale.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Agreeing to be open...

"I'm going to start my ... A) exercise program; B) diet; C) being totally honest with my spouse; ... NEXT week!" Which one do you really believe? Which one will bite you on your ass, really HARD?

My prime question is...why the HELL is Jake so dedicated to either A) getting (back) into Sweetie's drawers; or, B) screwing over Hubby's mind?

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Is this a custom in the USA?

This is the 1Xth stories where sombody plays prank on fidelity of spouses in the USA.

Zed56Zed56over 11 years ago
Question?

At the end of the first chapter there was a comment from the author. "Despite what you might think this story has nothing to do with Tims realtionship with Donna or any other women" Am I reading the same story as everyone else? Confusing Really like the story but that comment does not seel to make sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
i am sorry

she should have told him right away and personally put a restraining order against jake her not telling her husband then sitting at a bar with him is to much i would have left her then after the past.

she knew he would be mad and tried to hide it.

Sidney43Sidney43over 11 years ago

I'm sorry, this rated no better than a three star chapter, because you have written Tim as such an immature moron that I really had trouble skimming the last page after the scene on the way home. Donna is much better off if they divorce because Tim is incapable of communication on any meaningful level and he also is not capable of leaving the past behind and acting like a man when he loses his temper. It seems obvious that Jake has an accomplice at the hospital who gave him some personal information about the panties and the shaving, because Donna wouldn't have done so unless you have completely hidden major facts from the readers.

There are a couple of things that bother me about the story at this point. One is that the situation in the restaurant seemed very contrived and Tim is written as an out of control idiot which seems forced. The second is the shaving of her pubic hair without any sort of lead up that would make Donna think it would be favorably received. A simple sentence like, " you have mentioned several times you wanted me to try it" would have been appropriate. I suppose you used it as a reinforcement for shock value, but the direction the story has taken will make it very difficult for me to accept any reconciliation between them as realistic. These two people just cannot make rational decisions about communicating when an obvious major issue shows up in their lives.

OK, by now you know I am frustrated.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
Smart man

And he can't figure out how to hire a fucking PI? Prefer a long story in one publication that I can sit and read all at once . But hey dickens was originally published not as a book but as a serial in a newspaper. I just want to know what happens next. Sign of a good writer. And where the hell does the dead boy come in? And I was wrong about the baby.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 11 years ago
Great Story

She really didn't go to far to remove Jake from her life when he returned; especially after her earlier betrayal. This character gets what she deserves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
You're making this hard to read.

This is a good story, but you took it too far by turning Tim into an absolute dumbass. Yeah, he's emotional about a lot of things, but he's not a complete idiot. His emotions would've gotten the best of him, but he would've thrown out the reasons why he was yelling at her to get out. I realize it's a story, but I think anyone with half a brain would've spoken up about the reasons for their anger. You should've had him tell his reasons why, and when she doesn't have an answer for how Jake would know about everything, then he could've kicked her out.

By turning him into an irrational idiot, you're frustrating your readers too much. Drama and turmoil are good, but there's a point at which people will get fed up, and then turn away. Judging by the comments, it looks like you're quickly reaching that point. I hope you turn it around quickly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Duh, Tim's an engineer!

As I read some of today's comments I realized that some of the comments came from people who either a) don't know many engineers and b) have only encountered the ones the have way above average people skills (for engineers). Tim to me sounds like an average great engineer--great with things and numbers but not so much with people and their interactions (Jake;s phone call to the house ring any bells?).

There's a joke that I've heard from a "recovering engineer" . Who only invite engineers to a party after you've invited 10 CPA's. Remember, engineers are the original geeks with the pocket protectors and all of the colored pens and pencils neatly in a row. The image has been taken over by the IT people, but it was and still is the image of an engineer!

Great story, two people tripping over each other trying to get life right as they grow up, slowly with each other.

ILienBagbyILienBagbyover 11 years ago
I find it difficult to

believe that Donna cheated with Jake again. As a matter of fact, I am sure she didn't. But what I am not sure of is how long I will have to wait for the next chapter! Please, S des, please. Please hurry with the next chapter......please.....if you don't get it out quickly, you are as mean to your readers as Tim has been to Donna. (Oh, and can you find room in the next chapter to somehow get Jake run over by a car and have both of his knees destroyed. Please.)

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
IN ALL RELATION SHIPS THERE IS ALWAYS DOUBT

the element is different in all, some more than others, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Interesting takes.....

I've read the whole story at SOL, and am kind of amused at some of the comments. Without giving anything away, the guy who said that Tim is "broken" is absolutely correct. He either needs to get his shit together and take control of his life, or stay a victim and be uninteresting.

To the ones who said it's unbelievable that a 27 year-old guy with a good job could be emotionally immature, I'm begging you all to put down the crack pipe. It's written into the story numerous times that Tim is refusing to deal with the past, hoping it'll go away. It obviously didn't. I loved where the story went, but I'm sure it won't work for some people who only like certain kinds of stories.

To the guy who asked about the story not being about Tim, the author said (in either Ch1 or Ch2) that the TITLE wasn't about Tim and Donna, and it's not. If you haven't figured it out yet, you will pretty quickly into Ch4. I have to admit I missed it as well, but once I knew, I saw all the clues throughout the story. You just have to be paying attention.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
unresolvable

I am really enjoying reading this though I do not understand why. It is very compelling, but after each installment I am very upset by what I read. Probably has to do with the fact that it so closely parallels some events in my own past. This situation cannot be resolved, I do not believe that they can be reconciled. His bitterness is too deep and she cannot be honest to save her life. However, Jake just has to get paid off in spades.

I found it very difficult to believe that after such deep hurt and long bitterness that Tim would let Donna back into his life so easily. I found it more unbelievable that Pete and Trisha could be suckered by her so quickly on their first meeting with her. Totally unbelievable. Quite honestly, if my own mother had connived behind my back with someone who had wronged me so grievously, I would permanently cut her out of my life. I know that this is only a story, but this whole thing is very upsetting.

Still, cannot wait for the next installment. This is one of the most gripping stories I have read in a while. I really cannot wait to see how you work this out.

thank you for such excellent work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
My Theory

My theory is that the a&&hole had the woman spill the drink on Donna, then see what she was wearing (not sure how she might have know about the shaving) and report back so he could use it against Tim.

MaxRevoMaxRevoover 11 years ago
Losing Credibility

S-Des:

The story is losing credibility because of the way you have Tim behaving. Tim's behavior is making the story longer, but not better and certainly not more creative. (You seem to be following the formula in "When we were married." That is, unrealistic reactions and behavior result in a longer story.)

It does not take an educated individual to react with a straightforward explanation -- laced with as much profanity and inanity as you wish (if you think such language would contribute to the episode). But he still could (and should) explode at Donna. We now have 7 years of Tim being an educated fool who predictably transforms into an immature and emotional buffoon around a woman he supposedly loves and is his presumed partner and confidant. Moreover, he has the advice of his mother and his friends and chooses to ignore them. It's not difficult -- even for an engineer -- to ask why Jake called and neither is it difficult to inquire why Jake was at the same restaurant on their anniversary. Finally, it's the easiest question of all to ask how Jake knew about her black panties. So you have Tim miss all three and then have him go insane.

Quite a shame to dilute -- and perhaps destroy -- an otherwise imaginative and well written story. I realize it's fiction, but stupid fiction has little appeal. Hope you can work your way out of this.

Max

RePhilRePhilover 11 years ago
Ditto Maxrevo

Looking forward to the next chapter. Hoping it won't be Timmy the Wimpy

CyFrogCyFrogover 11 years ago
Totally enjoying it

I am totally enjoying it so can't wait for the next chapter. Hope it won't be too long of a wait.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
nuts

tim is a nut case wait and see

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
terrific story

I am nervous as I read because I want things to work for them. Tim does need to get a grip and fight for his wife. He is too easily blinded. I hate when communications fail and cause bad things to happen. You have done a good job of writing to get me so on edge. Don't make us wait for the next installment....please.

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Great Story

It is funny how no one ever seems to understand another person's emotional problems. I would say that Tim does seem to sound like a fine engineer. The author loves to weave a complex story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Right on MaxRevo

Tim is getting tedious and predictable. I enjoyed the bulk of it but now I find it less.

S-DesS-Desover 11 years agoAuthor
Need a pre-reader.....

If anyone would like to help me with a small project I'm working on, please contact me through my username here. I need someone who likes my writing style, has strong opinions (and isn't afraid to voice them), and a good eye for picking up on things amiss in a story (authors are preferable). Two would be great (since I feel bad imposing too much on one person).

And to everyone asking, yes ALL of the chapters were submitted last week. Since Lit got 2 & 3 out within 24 hours of each other, I'm hopeful that the last chapter will be out in the morning. All questions you have (about the characters, issues of the past not addressed, and the meaning of the title) will be addressed. Hopefully there's one big surprise that you haven't seen coming (since nobody has commented on it publicly or privately). It's my favorite part of the story, and is actually what the story is really about (is that cryptic enough?).

I hope you'll all enjoy (even the folks that have given up on Tim and/or Donna by this point). Here's a hint, if you're frustrated with the way they're behaving, then you are right where you're supposed to be to enjoy what's coming. Remember, these are not silly superhero characters like so many write about, wreaking vengeance on those who've wronged them, these are supposed to be real young people with real failings who unfortunately haven't learned from their mistakes (yet). To me, the enjoyment is not in showing how awesome I can make them appear, it's in showing how they overcome their problems and grow (that makes them seem more real to me).

Oh yeah, bonus points for anyone noticing something familiar in the last scene of Ch4. ;-)

njlaurennjlaurenover 11 years ago
the story

Has elements that are contrived,prob for brevity's sake,but Tim's reaction is not.Emotions are not rational,an iq of 140 doesnt keep someone acting stupidly.His reaction is deep seated abd primal.As for jake he is like a lot of jocks,immature assholes who were given all kinds of adulation,expect it and when that turns to vapor they do everything they can to take back what they think should

be theirs.

This isn't just Tim Donna as well has issues a solid woman would have forced tim to tell her what was going on.I also think pete would be a.bit smarter and thought about jake and realized it was a setup and found a way to get jake to fess up (a 220 volt enema is appropriate for a dick like hin)..if anything a friend at the leadt would have tim's back...hopefully the bitch who helped jake and jake get theirs,.I think I figured out why tim is the way he is and how it tied to the opening of chap 1..see if I am Right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
UGH!

Why if he loves her, would he believe the idiot who ruined her life in college and spread rumors. I think your going to have to wake him up a bit in the next chapter and have a little faith and trust in Donna.

DawnJDawnJover 11 years ago
This chapter...

...was just a hard to read this time, as it was the first time! It's what being human is all about, isn't it? Highs and lows, and the delicate balance between them.

m1a1m1a1over 11 years ago
Hooked

I'm am reading this story and wonder if it is based on some ppl that you might know or heard of? It sounds just crazy enough to be TRUE!!!!!

You have me hooked on it and I wanted to tell you I really enjoy your stories ,,I read them all after the first 2 chapters waiting for more of this story.

Dont worry about the haters and take what you can of the constuctive critics. A big 5* from me

firas01firas01over 11 years ago
too much

you insistence on making tim act like a clueless dork is strange, first he quickly trust her and let her back in his life without actually finding out more about her then mistrusting her without any real evidence, i am sure in your next part he will discover that there was some sort of misunderstanding and he will be apologizing and regretting for a long time.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
now

how did he know her pussy was shaved and why didn't she mention that the guy that fucked up tim and her before was back in the picture and she was having private time with him. dont see this as a second chance at anything and as you said it is not about these two. so whar are you going to do, show him dying when he was 13 and this was his last view of a life of pain? i already got the pregnant thing wrong so maybe i got this one wrong too. will wait to rate it until it is over to do that.

ArubanArubanover 11 years ago

I had the privilege of pre-reading this story, and since S-Des already got more than enough comments from me already, I won't repeat them here. I will comment on the comments, however!

Let's recognize that plotting a story, particulary in this genre, is very difficult to do. To generate suspense, an author has to take some risks. Anyone who is unwilling to suspend disbelief to a reasonable degree and give the author some leeway should not be reading in this category, much less, commenting and voting.

On the other hand, let's not call every person who doesn't like a story (or a particular scene or character) a troll or a hater. Reasonable minds can differ as to when an author has gone too far, and the fact that human beings have flaws is not a license to have characters do just anything. Also, when (as here) a story is aimed at stirring up powerful emotions, no one should be dismissed as a troll or hater simply because his emotional reaction does not match someone else's.

Anyway, the end of this third chapter is not a time to draw any broad conclusions about this story and if you're disturbed by this latest twist, keep reading. Whether or not you like the ending, you'll have a more nuanced view of the story--perhaps a completely different view--by the end of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
To Aruban

"Let's recognize that plotting a story, particulary in this genre, is very difficult to do."

No doubt, Brother that's the understatement of the year. Everyone likes to criticize but try writing one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I'm leaving this comment after only reading part of this chapter so I don't know the outcome yet! I'd just like to ask all the commenters if you are having as much trouble as I am with everyone manipulating him! They all seem to know what's best for him but keep lying to him and leaving things out! First off his mom has been meddling for over 2 years behind his back then she tells him I'm not getting into it because it is your life! Hello, am I missing something here? I'd be hard pressed to trust any of these fucking people I know that much for sure! Anyone else have this kind of reaction?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Ok I agree with the other commenters! There really is no way back from the hole you have dug for yourself. It seems like Jake is lying and she is being honest! With that said, it doesn't really matter either way! You have wrote him to be the biggest loser on the planet! Fuck his money, this guy can't even see what's right in front of his face. Not to mention he is being a huge pussy when it comes to dealing with Jake. I'm glad he's tough enough to cuss a lady that he won't trust to begin with because he is a pussy and incredibly stupid any way you look at it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Tim

should have talked to Donna on several occasions. (But then we might need Ch. 4.)There MIGHT be a plausible explanation, e.g., Donna told a friend at work about her anniversary surprises for Tim and that friend shared them with Jake. (I said MIGHT be.)

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Two Thoughts

How did Jake know their phone number?

She said she called a cab. Why not check call history on her cell?

harrycartonharrycartonabout 10 years ago
So glad...

So glad that this long story isn't about Tim's relationship with Donna.... LOLOL

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
Okay??

So Donna told a friend at work about her sexy plans for the anniversary evening and said friend told Jake? Why is Jake messing with them? And, to follow up on KarenE's comments, why did Donna need to go back into the restaurant to say good-bye to her work mates? In real life, Tim should have told Donna about Jake's phone call(s).

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
NOT SURE YET SORT OF ANGRY LOL...

I SAID IN A PREVIOUS ONE THAT I PUT MYSELF IN THE MAIN CHARACTERS PLACE WELLLLLL LOL... I'M JUST REALLY HOPING TIM HAS JUST JUMPED THE GUN HERE AND THE ASSHOLE GETS HIS WHEN TIM GETS BACK.

I'M KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED ON THIS ONE....

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

"Im stuffed she said"..."Well, the question is, did you like it," he said, fishing for a compliment.

Why does it matter if she liked it... you didnt cook it

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorabout 9 years ago
gut wrenching

He can't move on, but he needs to move on.

They can't go on after this, unless they get Extensive counselling and even then...

God I hate being right :(

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
THE TRUST BUT VERIFY SPEECH

and who should believe a liar. TK U MLJ LV NV

retmstrretmstrabout 9 years ago
***

Stupid wimp SAP! Cheers!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Not believable!

After what Jake did to Donna at the university, there is no way in hell that she would ever sit at the same table as Jake, even after 10 years. He caused her to lose her university scholarship and ridiculed her across the university. She would have slapped Jake in front of everyone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Tim is the biggest ass ....

along with Jake. Tim keeps telling himself to believe his wife, but his suspicious mind clings to the fact that Donna cheated with Jake once, therefore is doing it again - in spite of Donna telling Tim multiple times how much she hates Jake. Tim should figure out his friends and enemies - he hates Jake too, so WHY believe Jake over Donna? Why take his side and call Donna the vilest names? Tim is acting psychotic and needs help from a mental health professional, pronto.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
basic premise flawed

Having read numerous stories where the rationalization of having been is used and even had a number of friends recount their similar tales, I have always thought that alcohol consumption led to infidelity is an outright lie.

I have been seriously impaired more than once in my life. On a number of occasions while in that state I have been outright propositioned by extremely sexy females. Sometimes my wife was present, other times she was not. At times I was working out of town. When my wife was with me I would immediately excuse myself from that female, go find my wife, convince her to leave then tell her what happened. Considering that some of those females were her work colleagues, some she considered friends those conversations were not easy for either of us but she had a right to know and we had agreed early in our relationship to always be honest and not keep secrets.

When she was not there I would immediately tell the female I loved my wife and to not approach me again. I would make sure to inform my wife about the incident.

My wife and I also agreed that the only dance partner either of us would ever have was each other. I am certain many would find that agreement beyond old fashioned but alcohol, a dark dance floor, seductive slow music and the intimate physical contact inherent in such dances provide a subtle if unintentional invitation. Consider the facts two people are pressing their bodies together and rhythmically moving against each other in a dark room amidst a crowd of people that coerce even closer contact and the feeling of being hidden. Hands stray, heads gravitate together. My wife's quintessential hourglass figure and full firm bosom held close is a pleasure that males dream about.

I know my reaction to having her breasts pressed into my chest and her rubbing against me as we move together. I am not about to allow another male to experience that sensual arousal. My wife feels the same way about my muscular arms, broad shoulders and well-developed chest and she adamantly refuses to allow any other female to be enveloped in that which she calls 'her embrace'.

WE DO NOT SHARE WE DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO CONSTRUE AN INVITATION.

No one unless drugged is ever so drunk they forget they are married. If your spouse isn't present any adult knows to not get passed out drunk. Those using the I was drunk excuse have been looking to cheat for a long time.

Every so often my wife goes out with the girls. They are all married. The go to a well lit family restaurant, have a nice meal a couple of drinks and are home well before midnight-as in meet up at one of their houses around 7 and be home by 11.

I work construction once a month on a Thursday, I stop off at ''my bar'' everyone knows my wife and I, I have a few drinks, shoot some pool and I am home for a late dinner 7:30 at the latest

Staying faithful is THE EASIEST THING IN THE WORLD TO DO. MY WIFE AND I LOVE EACH OTHER. COULD NOT HURT THE OTHER SO CRUELLY BE CHEATING

ACTUALLY WE BOTH AGREE THAT CHEATING ON THE OTHER WOULD BE THE TOUGHEST THING WE WOULD EVER DO.

I recall an incident with a married female when I was in my early 30s. She was successful and very attractive businesswoman in mid 50s. Last day on job, I was finishing up on my own when she came out wearing outfit exposing a lot of skin-told me what spouses did not know would not hurt them, that she would not tell a soul

NO ONE WOULD KNOW

I looked her in eyes and said, ''I would'' immediately got in my truck, drove to office, told boss someone else would need to finishe cleaning up the site and the reason why.

He did not believe me because she and her husband were his friends. Thanfully he had been to that house to drop off my check just minutes before she came on to me. As I was in his office fifteen minutes later it was almost impossible for anything to have happened. Problem was that when he left to go clean up the job himself she said I had made crude remarks to her, but she had not had time to change her clothes so I thought he would take my side. Turns out he did not so I quit before he could fire me, went to union hall and filled them in on what happened. Found out much later that year that my boss liked what he saw when he went to her house that day and those two started an affair. She ran interior decorating business and one day her husband decided to surprise her at work at a house she was doing decorating on and was going to take her to lunch but my ex-boss was caught with his pants down and the wife already had her mouth full

ohyessssssohyessssssover 7 years ago
:-)

Well, after reading one of the comments, I would say I would have to agree. If what she said happened to cause her breakup with dickbreath, there is no way she would sit at a table with him. I would spit on him before I did. However, I believe this is your curveball. Dickbreath is lying and merely being his asshole self. How he knew about her panties is just a flaw in your story. I guess we'll find out. Won't we?

Horseman68Horseman68almost 7 years ago
Think Donna Has Been Framed......

..... and believe I know how. We will see.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
That's the problem with cheaters

The lack of trust is always there. They shouldn't have gotten back together let alone married. Even Tim loving her is not enough if he can't trust her fully. Neither of them is able to be open with the other, even after being married. It's a recipe for disaster that should never have happened

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some twist or something that makes Tim look like the bad guy.

Lots of people like the happy ending and RAAC. Well sometimes the happy ending is moving on, living well, and finding someone else.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Thoughts

"I called a cab" - It should be easy to check her cell phone history to see if she called a cab.

I like his point about how being dishonest isn't the best way to build trust! While his thoughts about not always telling everything are true, it's different when you're dealing with someone who has betrayed your trust in the past!

It would have been helpful if she had called and told him about the change of plans. Maybe he would have knocked off early so she could come home, maybe he would have told her that he would meet her there. If she knew he was coming, it would have made it highly unlikely that Jake being there was anything untoward. Plus, he might have been there sooner, heading Jake off at the pass.

Why didn't he check her pussy, in case she didn't get all of Jake's cum out, assuming he wasn't lying.

Somehow I think she's telling the truth, but how did Jake know about her panties and pussy?

BoomerbillBoomerbillover 6 years ago
Incredible on many levels!

Up to this chapter, this story hung together and the characters were believable. However, after Donna's life was ruined by Jake, we are supposed to believe that she allowed him to sit next to her, because he claimed to the group that they were "old friends," and she didn't want to make a scene? The story goes off the rails at that point; even the weakest person would have publicly exposed him as an asshole and reemed him a new one. The writing is decent but the story just falls apart. Sorry!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Iffy

Convenient that Jake knew the time and place of the meal.

MartyMBMartyMBabout 6 years ago
Tim acts like a toddler

How many times do they need to tell each other, "no secrets"? So yet another "Jake" issue comes up and what happens? They don't talk. They are both liars to the other, and often to themselves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
MartyMB and Boomerbill....

...have it right. How puerile can a man be?!! He should have sorted the asshole Jake out, either with the help of friends or through a couple of years of gym and martial arts. And his jumping to conclusions? They both make it worse by keeping secrets and not talking honestly. Couldn't the wimp Tim tell her why he had come to the conclusion he had? Her black panties which Jake knows she's wearing? Couldn't he have bribed the woman in the 'ladies' to spill the drink on Donna and thereby get a glimpse of her panties and tell him? The two main characters are coming across as people with subnormal IQ's and for a brainless jock, Jake is proving to be a genius!!! Weak!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ugh!

Almost exactly as I expected. Somehow nothing will have happened except for the habitual lying between the two.

I almost quit reading when the mom said she didn't want to interfere and then proceeded to explain how she interfered and he justification of it.

We also have Donna not wanting to hurt Tim but consciously decides to do the worst thing she can by sleeping with Jake in college. She also refuses to be forthcoming on any significant details that might affect the relationship. She has a pattern of not being able to say no to Jake, not being able to be trusted, and not being forthcoming about details that affect the relationship. And then she gets upset that Tom doesn't trust her?

Tim is almost just as bad. Is he like 14? Not explaining why he is telling her to get out? Pathetic. Should never have gotten back together if you can't trust someone. Should never have married her without trusting her.

My guess is Tim will now be the "bad" guy for misunderstanding something that was never explained, even though she has a history of being untrustworthy, hurting Tim, and not being able to say no to Jake. I expect Tom will grovel to try to get Donna back. Absolutely pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
still no explanation of how it was oh so complicated

in the first instance. The only thing that rings true from what she said was, almost as an afterthought, that she supposes a little part part of her was flattered by his interest in her. Her little part.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Idiot is fucked

Author really wanted to screw with Tim's head. His one and only relationship he has had, but yet i quote "they had both grown and changed so much in the years since". Is a bunch of crap, how has he grown emotionally. He didn't even have sex in the years between college with her and the time he got screwed again by her. She has constantly confided in just about everyone but him. His mother, his best friends, but not him, how strong was this relationship. Weak as the none existing prenuptial. Yes it's going to end in the sappy RaaC, can see it from here, some lame excuse as to why Jake knew about the panties and the shaved muffin. It will be cringe to read it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

She has lied, cheated, talked behind his back, broken just about every rule of a happy & successful marriage. First time something happens, forgive and put it down to experience, second time is deliberate and unforgivable.

Sorry but this is so repetitive and painfully slow .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Have you ever had a friend or acquaintance who's every conversation with a female is subservient? Yeah, me neither. That would be a symptom of serious mental illness.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Already

He really needs to hire someone to destroy the asshole boyfriend!!! Should have made girlfriend/slut sign a major pre-nup with a CHEATING clause!!!

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaalmost 4 years ago
He shouldn't have trusted her crocodile tears...

I saw it coming. He was a fool to marry and trust her again. She lied, she didn't want to hurt his feelings about seeing Mark again. He should have had her followed by a PI (especially after that phone call he intercepted) to confirm what we know, she is screwing her former lover. What, no pictures of her cheating yet, Mark needs to show Tim what his wife does after work for the past month. What a wimp Tim is, and he decided to run instead of confronting them. He needs to plan some revenge...

lukeey90lukeey90over 3 years ago
Fuck him

He should just get on his knees and suck his cock....what a pathetic stupid wimp of a cuck this guy is. He makes me sick more than his cheating slut wife

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Tim should have confronted Donna about Jake knowing about her panties and shaved pussy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The pathetic is to strong here. Shge did drop her drawers for Jake before while claiming to love him though. someone is going to jump the gun when she dumped him after getting poked by Jake in the past.

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

All the lazy comments about she's a cheating slut and he's a wimpy cuck. I'm not saying she didn't cheat with Jake again but, that explanation just seems awfully convenient.

Granted I do want to know how he knew about the black lace panties and shaved pussy.

This lack of communication is going to destroy them. He doesn't tell her about the phone calls from Jake. She doesn't tell him about running into Jake at work. He also doesn't tell her about Jake showing up at the restaurant and the things he said.

After the way Jake worked so hard to destroy their relationship the first time why would either of them believe anything he says???

ArdieffArdieffalmost 2 years ago

Wow they got a toxic relationship with bad communication. Tim is a fucking moron.

peter944peter944over 1 year ago

The spouse not telling the other about when the ex shows up is getting to be such a trope in LW. Played well here though. Going have to find out now how it ends.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Beta Bux Tim is a dumbass and worst of all a coward.

No matter how much bullshit S-Des pulls out to try to save this trainwreck, relationships with betas and stacies don't ever work out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Please Tim, first Donna has to go back to Jake. Second, if you are so good in your field, resign, sell your house and move to another state where no one knows you and start a new life with peace of mind. Outstanding engineers are ALWAYS in great demand.

Again, lack of balls and trying to drown your sorrow in booze and sand, right? Since you will be away, bang all the girls who will agree. It will not help but time will seem to go by faster. Alcohol has NEVER solved this kind of issues.

Minus 3* is still too much

BJ

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar7 months ago

You sure made these two main characters barely smart enough to breathe. I know this is the author's universe but this level of stupidity is mind-boggling.

OldbuddyOldbuddy6 months ago

Timmy. Child. Doesn't deserve happiness

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This story is tiring. It should have ended a chapter ago.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

We've been here before, right? "She should have told him, she was going to tell him, just couldn't find the time, he was busy, etc. Then he walked in and saw her with him. Then the beating.

.

Now, the loser is back in their lives and "she should have told him, she was going to tell him, just couldn't find the time, he was busy, etc. You can only do the "it's all a misunderstanding" thing once in a story, or it just becomes pedestrian and irritating.

.

4 stars.

Odess83Odess833 months ago

Возврат бывшей, что открыто изменяла уже крайне плохая идея! А уж если ещё и молчит о возврате старого любовника...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 hour ago

It just doesn't make an6 sense. Tim is to o wimpy for his own good. Cannot stand up for himself and always seems to avoid confrontation. I don't understand the ratings given so far.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous