All Comments on 'Second Chances Ch. 03'

by wieliczka

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
the porno dialog at the end

just did not fit with the characters. It didn't make any sense to me, as if the story was suddenly about two different people.

Otherwise, a sensitive story.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
I GUESS IF THEY SAY IT ENOUGH AND DIRTY

they just may begin to believe it. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
So now a long distance relationships?

A boyfriend who cheated on her, so where is this going to end.? Who cheats next. .? Long distance and sex drive do make a problem.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I've done separation and reconciliation......

.....this had more going for it than almost any other of this type I've read.

The closing bedroom porno scene was startlingly similar to my first reconciliation with a girl that had lived with me for nearly three years. We'd done it all. Things had gotten stale (well, we let them get stale), she became increasingly distant, then came home one day with news that she'd taken a lover and was taking a job to be closer to him. In my, "so angry I whisper" voice, I told her to be gone in an hour as I reached the door and walked out to get drunk.

She left a note that I did not read, but did not destroy.

A year later, we ran into each other at a grocery store. I didn't recognize her at first, then turned away to leave the store to avoid her. She'd seen me and chased after me, stopping me at the bed of my pickup truck. She wanted to "make sure I was OK". I stiffly told her I was fine and would be much better, as soon as I got farther away from her. Tears coming to her eyes, she said, "You didn't read it, did you?"

At a loss I asked, "Read what?"

"Really? My letter you big dope!", she charged.

I quietly, getting angry now, said, "I was already hurting and angry, why would you imagine I would subject myself to any explanations, excuses, or accusations that it contained? I'm not a masochist....and while we're on the questions boat, why are you here....again? I mean, you were leaving to be with Bo-hunk to parts far and away."

She came at me and hit me on the chest, "You big dope! You were supposed to read my letter!"

Several disconnected exchanges later, it came out that she went home to stay with her folks, feeling we needed to turn a corner. The gist of her note was she wanted us to be apart for a bit to think through our relationship and decide to get back together and be better, or to part. She'd raised the ante, wanting me, but wanting to "raise the bar" in our relationship. She'd not heard from me ( why would she?), and was hurt, but understood that I felt we were over.

"Now, who's the big dope? Why not just talk to me? This big, elaborate, hurtful crap left us both bleeding out and useless for months!", I blurted.

"I will never understand why so many women engage in silly, stupid, dangerous games and machinations in their relationships, then wonder why they fail! No man will ever follow their imagined script. We're not that sophisticated. Come at us straight on, or suffer the consequences.", I spouted.

Calming myself, I told her I'd been trying to figure out how to "take the next step" and "move us to a different and better place", when she carpet-bombed me. What I'd done is bought an engagement ring.

She broke down bawling and making a big scene, so I picked her up, put her in the cab and drove her home.

We.....reconciled.....a lot.....for several days....and near the end, I gave her the ring I'd bought her.

12 years later, now, we don't engage in any clever ruses or plans, we talk straight up. We also read any notes or letters from the other, without exception.

The kids are great, the job is better than ever, and we still....reconcile.....a lot!

Well, that's my story, this was yours. Mine was real, yours may have been real or fictional....all the way to the pillow (porn) talk in the intimate scene at the end.

It was realistic enough to be real....and that's the best commendation I can give it. Fiction that looks and feels like real life is the best of the genre.

Keep up the good work!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 9 years ago
Ok

So now Jerry is a good guy again. Forgiven for his affair. Now they have hot sex again. The tale could have ended here but it seems there's another chapter. Okay I'll bite.

bruce22bruce22about 9 years ago
Interesting

The idea of symbolizing that they are making progress by aumenting the range of sexual acts is a good one.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwieliczka@wieliczka
820 Followers
I am married to my first (and only ) wife of 38 years. Only in my extended family, (two continents) has there ever been unfaithfulness. There has been divorces, remarriage, trials and tribulations. Life is messy, I look toward building bridges, not tearing them down. In th...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES