Second Chances Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CharlieB4
CharlieB4
1,257 Followers

With the batteries hooked up to the charger he flicked off the shed lights. He stayed still waiting for his eyes to adjust to the gloom. Then a light shone from a mobile phone torch next to his ute. It was Peta, he'd been so preoccupied admonishing himself and getting the batteries set up he hadn't heard her. As he walked towards her he could see she was leaning against the driver's side door. There would be no escape this time.

"Sorry, about before," Richard tried to preempt the conversation.

"Why are you sorry?" Peta could feel the anger rising even as she tried to keep it in check. "If you don't want to kiss me, that's fine."

Even as she heard herself saying it she realized how petty and juvenile it sounded.

"It's not that I don't want to." Richard started.

"What? Do you need mummy's or your ex-wife's permission?" Peta spat, in full teenage mode.

"It's complicated."

"Complicated! Walk a mile in my shoes bozo. I put myself out there for the first time Richard, for the first fucking time since... and you...you." Peta's voice cracked.

Richard walked closer and gripped her shoulders.

"If it was just about me wanting to kiss you it wouldn't be an issue," Richard said as he pulled Peta close to him. "I've got stuff to deal with. Maybe then I can move on."

"What stuff?" Peta asked holding back tears.

It was his chance, his time to explain. He tried to form the words but how? In an instant he decided. It was a decision he would live to regret.

Lifting her chin Richard kissed Peta full on the mouth. She was shocked at first then kissed him back. Her arms wrapped around him and she clung to Richard like he was a safe port in a storm. . Richard was getting lost in the sweet moment as Peta melted against him then he felt her stiffen. It was the tipping point, continue and there could be no going back... It was Richard who gently broke the clinch.

"Get in and I'll take you back to the house," he said as they rested their foreheads against each other's.

They drove the short distance in silence. Richard pulled up next to the house yard gate. Peta leaned over and kissed his cheek then got out and went inside.

CharlieB4
CharlieB4
1,257 Followers