All Comments on 'Second Wife'

by Creamer

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
What conceit--This jerk wants people to read

a previous piece so as to enjoy this one?--Screw U nit-wit

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Love It

Very good one indeed

CreamerCreameralmost 15 years agoAuthor
Welcome back!

I'm not conceited -- there are plenty of pieces out there designed as stand-alone works, and I wanted to make sure that it was understood that this is a sequel, not a continuation of the same story. Yes, I charge a nominal fee for you to get the last chapter of the first book (which will explain how we got here, to the second book)but that's not because I'm "conceited" -- it's beause I'm a professional author experimenting with new publishing models. Hey, I gave you 16 chapters for free . . .

But this is Second Wife, not Bean Counter. It's a different story, albeit with the same characters. Expect a lot more moral ambiguity and muddy motives as the characters change and evolve. Also expect some more deliciously humiliating moments for Mary. But this is a different story, so it demands a different title.

Y'all enjoy! And thanks for reading my stuff!

Creamer

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuyalmost 15 years ago
Sequel to Bean Counter

Will this story be published in Literotica in its entirety or will you again withhold the end for purchase?

jim1974jim1974almost 15 years ago
Dont tease us again

I loved Bean Counter, but couldn't get past you asking us to pay for the final chapter. Will this be the same thing? I hope not.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Don't molest us

with your money grubbing ambitions any longer. You're acting like a drug pusher would. I personally won't read a single piece you post anymore. You suck!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Ignore the trolls

I lke your writing style. I visited lulu.com and bought the book. It was well worth it.

Don't stop now. I was waiting for the sequel.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 15 years ago
Good to have Bill and Mary Back in Action Again!

This merry cast of eccentric characters was too good to leave with the story unfinished. I'm still in love with Susan. Good to have you back!<p>BTW Creamer's last chapter of "Bean Counter" is worth every penny.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Love your writing

And yes, have bought both Bean Counter and Cock of Ages in their electronic version. Small price to pay to have them all in one package. I look forward to more of these (even though I had already read this chapter :-) )

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Excellent work and welcome back!

Great to see this author back in play. Impressive work and yes, quite a few of us did pay to get the final chapter. It was a great story. Looking forward to your interesting stories and twists. Joe

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
All women are whores

CREAMER! I will buy your book dude, it's fucking worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Expected more.

Mediocre. The writing was readable, but definitely didn't have the flair of your usual work. Bill also seems to think/talk more like a redneck now than he used to.

Shame you've gone downhill, more so that you abandoned the "Geek's Revenge" series.

CreamerCreameralmost 15 years agoAuthor
Well, then . . .

First, thanks to everyone who made a public comment in support of my work. I very much appreciate it.

Now, to my detractors, who are likely more than happy to pay nine bucks for a trashy airport bookstore thriller but balk about getting 90% of my book for free: if you don't like this model, then don't read my stuff. Allow me to explain.

I'm a professional writer -- if you want to get technical, a New York Times Best Selling Author. Putting words on (virtual) paper is how I pay my mortgage. I sincerely enjoyed writing Bean Counter, and during the run of the book I had many, many people ask me how they could monetarily reward me for my work. Since I feel weird about putting up a "tip cup" (too much like a seasoned session musician playing for quarters in the park) I decided to try to give those people something of value in return for their donation. Plus, I wanted to see if people would actually plunk down good money for good porn when there is so much free stuff on the market. So if you don't like that model, feel free to not buy my stuff. That's your preogative, and I'm not arguing that you should. But please respect my artistic decision to reward my loyal readers with the kind of conclusion and fulfillment they deserve for their patronage.

And that's what they are: patrons. MY patrons. They've decided my work was worthwhile enough to blow a little pocket change on. Some wanted bound copies of my books, and now they have that option. I'm not "pushing" anyone into buying it, I'm merely using the time-honored literary technique of serial suspense, which everyone from Dickens to Mark Twain used in their serialized works as a gimmick to get people to buy the next issue of the paper to see what happened next. It's your choice if you don't want to pay or play.

But if you do go to my site, you'll see a bunch of stuff that hasn't been published here. Two anthologies and a how-to book. And there's more on the way. Because I'm a real gosh darn writer, and I don't feel bad about asking to get paid for my work, especially after I've given so much of it away for free. I think the market has shown that I'm a decent enough writer to ask that, and get it. If you think otherwise, go elsewhere. But don't harass me or my readers, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Checking In

Don't make us wait...don't let them get to you. Your writing is one of the best on the net. Can you give us an idea on how long and how frequently we can expect new chapters? Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Disgusting story by an egotistical asshole

Why would anyone pay money to read garbage like this?

the Ct. Yankee

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 15 years ago
A man with a plan

Good story, I hope that when the baby is born, she can give it up. He has the right to feel that she done him wrong, and any form of punishment should be acceptable. Thanks for the story.......Rich

webcynicwebcynicalmost 15 years ago
Great return

I am happy to see the saga continue, it is an interesting story. I think you did an excellent job with Bean Counter and I did purchase the final chapter. I fully enjoy your stories and the efforts you put into them. Would I like to see closure to this saga? Yes. Will we get it? Who knows. It is the authors choice. I look forward to the journey ahead.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
You people are dumb as balls.

If I wrote a story like this and people enjoyed it this much I would put up the last chapter for money as well. Everyone that is crying about it being for cash needs to grow the fuck up. You're reading a novel for free on the internet. That's like going to a bookstore and just reading the books at the coffee shop instead of buying them. Then, when you get to the last chapter, the clerk confiscates the book and you're forced to dish out $9.50 for closure, only it isn't $9.50, it's $2.50. If you really do hate this "money-grubbing scheme" then don't comment on it, as I'm sure Creamer would give less than two shits.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Gave up--too depressing

I gave up reading halfway through page one.---too depressing --certainly not entertaining or erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Creamer, a thought:

I think part of their/our problem with your offering/asking a paid version/chapter is that this is an amateur website. Its like fanfiction, fans of erotic literature. You yourself have said in your profile that this is not part of your work, but, pardon the pun, a 'release' for you. So its sort of like a successful film actor going to his local theatre company, audulitioning for Romeo, rehearsing and then on opening night saying 'now I require you pay me for my work'.

Its also a rather ugly and suspiciously 'advertising gimmick' thing to hook people in then deny them the closure -sort of like taking us to a theatre, letting us watch a movie then stopping 95% through the film and saying 'now pay for the last 10 minutes' -not a single person who stumbled upon the initial 'bean counter' story presumed anything of your writing qualifications -in fact, really, your being a 'professional author' is an empty statement, brilliant if you are, same deal if you aren't. Literotica isn't about professionals, or getting paid! We've not come to literotica to read professional work. So yes, you did 'give' us most of the series, but everyone else on this website volunteered 100% of their work.

And yeah, I'm listed as 'anonymous' for reasons, but if you reply, feel free to call me Vianne.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
hummm

I'm always looking for like minded great authers, think I've fond another....bill

sic..can't spell

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
kinda boring

He's already made her suffer and caused her to come crawling back to him. If he was dominant he could make her his slave ( would be hot to have Susan help train her). Otherwise he could remarry her. But to take up where you left off from the other story when she's ALREADY his?

It's like the Count of Monte Cristo got his revenge but then instead of being satisfied, he decided to do it all over again. You're beating a dead horse dude. Other come up with some new scenarios or it's a snoozefest.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
FOR PEOPLE WHO DONT FOLLOW THEIR VOWS

why do so now for a faux penance, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
"Professional Writer", said with such pride !

Being paid does not make your work good or erotic. Look at the bookshelves at the library or bookshop. They were all paid but are they good writers ? Themes like revenge have to be well done. They can be sexy and interesting but your story becomes boring because of the constant focus on you as the smart one. Not erotic !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Don't fuck me please

If u r going to post on literotica u shouldn't expect to be paid in the first place!!!! Don't be a Jew with the last chapter (some of ur readers are college kids who can't use there parents credit cards to buy this -_-) u DO have the right to charge money but if ur going to do that then just put it on e books. Also plz continue geeks revenge it was hilarious and plz don't fuck us again with second wife series

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Interesting beginning

Congrats. Interesting beginning. Five out of five. I actually liked this better than the first story in this series which was a bit over-the-top for my taste.

But you are clearly a talented writer. I hope this story shows more from Mary's POV as the first half of this chapter did. Cheers Steve

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Becoming too nasty

'Bean Counter' was good writing, as is this in Ch1, but towards the end of the former Bill became overly obsessed with revenge and hurting Mary, and it went beyond. This has started off as more of the same. Revenge, revenge, revenge. It's become abuse, to me. I just want Bill to get his comeuppance, but sense that isn't going to happen. I've stopped reading (but the writing is still good).

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Okay story

Pretty well done. Strange situation at best. At least Mary has a chance.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

1 star - ONCE&DONE - no second chances.

IF and a very slim chance of even considering a reconciliation, an abortion would be mandatory.

A legal separation would be mandatory, before considering any type of reconciliation.

Months of marriage counseling, plus years of trust rebuilding and it still might not be successful.

At least then, you might not have to live with a spouse who resents your very existence for the rest of your life.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous