All Comments on 'Secrets After Midnight'

by NoTalentHack

Sort by:
  • 167 Comments
SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfun7 months ago

5 Stars! You write so well, you had me totally absorbed. Well done!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy7 months ago

It's hard to decide who is more despicable!

5

SyzyguySyzyguy7 months ago

Convoluted and very readable, thank you for posting it.

Your nomination is 100% deserved.

KtYe3XKtYe3X7 months ago

I...well...actually I don't know what to say. Other than that this is again a great story from one of my favorite authors.

Good story, great read (as always!)...but I need/would like a follow up. It feels unfinished. It tastes bitter. Makes my stomach churn.

What happens to her? Does she get help? Or is she just going to be punished for her condition? What happens to him? Where do these men bring her? Black-Site? Psychiatry? Somewhere to finish her off?

Then again: It may be one of those stories where we as the readers are left suspended for cause. Would make sense. Makes a better read. Makes the imagination go wild.

But I still don't like it. Makes my head go back to places I thought I had left behind for good. But that's not one of the authors problems nor faults.

5*

Bebop3Bebop37 months ago

As always, an excellent story.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft7 months ago

There are endless examples of heartbreaking ways to end a marriage here on LW. This one seems quite original to me, and especially heartbreaking. Well done, and good fortune in the Influential Writer poll! 5*

A_BierceA_Bierce7 months ago

Scary woman. They better have a large staff of watchers who trade off every other day, and keep her well dosed with thorazine and the like.

Kryms1nKryms1n7 months ago

Congrats on your nomination! Good luck going forward with that, and with writing many more amazing stories!

oneagainstoneagainst7 months ago

Short, sweet, and twisted. Oh, with quantum cryptography. What's not to like??

Loved it, thanks for taking part in the story event!

johntcookseyjohntcooksey7 months ago

This is like the prologue for an espionage thriller wherein Gillian resurfaces a decade later as a double/triple agent, or as an Ian Fleming style sociopathic arch villain who deals in catastrophe inducing state secrets. What a tantalizingly character! Helluva quick sketch. Thanks much.

jasonnhjasonnh7 months ago

Completely original. A peak into the mind of a madwoman. The scary thing is the complete lack of any moral grounding. Every action feeds the insanity. Multiple layers of protection to hide the awful reality.

Except, buried deep down, a need to be loved and to do the right thing for the person you love; if they are clever enough to see it.

DreddrasDreddras7 months ago

I have no idea what the criteria for "most influential" are, but you are definitely one of if not the best authors currently writing in the LW category.

other2other1other2other17 months ago

Always love seeing your stories, In this one I loved what wasn’t said, well done

GerMagGerMag7 months ago

Thank you! This was a trully original and great story. And in the end feeling the emotions about letting someone go who did try to protect their love the best she could.

gldngolfergldngolfer7 months ago
How does that saying go?

"bitches be crazy"

Nice original story. Thank you

EightyThousandEightyFiveEightyThousandEightyFive7 months ago

Damn. Don’t know what’s higher; my admiration for your creativity, or my envy.

Pinto931Pinto9317 months ago

Wow that was very different. Thanks.

TajfaTajfa7 months ago

Really good. 4 stars

francemanfranceman7 months ago

Very disturbing. Very moving. Between two people who really love each other.

S'il suffisait qu'on s'aime, s'il suffisait d'aimer

Si l'on changeait les choses un peu, rien qu'en aimant donner

S'il suffisait qu'on s'aime, s'il suffisait d'aimer

Je ferais de ce monde un rêve, une éternité.....

SDN1955SDN19557 months ago

What a great story. And talk about an original plot. Kudos sir.

imhaplessimhapless7 months ago

Weird -- and original. I lile weird; I love original. 5*

dgfergiedgfergie7 months ago

A well written story and apparently well liked by many. But for my tired old brain a bit much and the ending, well there was no ending. The way it ended only feeds the paranoia in today's todays world that is very real. Corrupt politicians, sex scandles, Epsteins, Weinsteins, Kennedys, Agnews, Nixons, and may more. Remember Martha Mitchell? Very few do. Look her up. Wife of the Attorney General, John Mitchell, under Nixon. Who remembers Watergate? Look it up. I hope you get the point. Like I said well written but scary.

dardefdardef7 months ago

Sad story.....almost sorry I read it.......

whateverittakeswhateverittakes7 months ago

She is one scary lady. Be thankful she's just your fiancee rather than your wife.

TnicollTnicoll7 months ago

I think NTH gave us a glimpse at what goes on inside his brain as he looks out at the world around him. It can be a scary thing. I know. Really well done as usual!

Paiger123Paiger1237 months ago

Wow! I love the way your mind (and writing) works- intelligently leading the reader through the unwinding of this story and its layers of truth and deception. So good!

Jetcrash747Jetcrash7477 months ago

Secrets, turned a loving couple into something despicable.

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffrey7 months ago

A brilliant and original story. TYVM.

ZoomdoggieZoomdoggie7 months ago

Congratulations on the nomination! I think you deserve it.

AccelarVesterAccelarVester7 months ago

I must agree with others that say what a wonderful tale and twists.... Very well done.

5*

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Once again a well-written story. But I don't believe it met the standards for the LW section (is there a pyscho section?) and reading about mental unstable or sick people (the streets are full of them) just doesn't make for a good or entertaining story in my definitions. At least not here.

26thNC26thNC7 months ago

Damn, you’re good! I’m used to longer stories from you, but you absolutely hit that short one out of the park. Strong stuff NTH. You got my vote.

Harryin VAHarryin VA7 months ago

This is really different and very well .

And yes, you easily are the most influential writer and loving wife's category.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wonderful brief study of two characters.

Needs more sex

Five for you

deependerdeepender7 months ago

Yup: they're from the government and they are there to help her.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Another great story NTH! Your library of stories, i think are excellent. As I’ve stated before, you have some serious talent my friend. Your nomination is well deserved! 5*! Keep on truck’in! Thanks

turbomizeturbomize7 months ago

Overall very original and interesting. I liked this drama. Thank you.

turbomizeturbomize7 months ago

KtYe3X, she dies, there is no other way out. The powers that be are not going to dedicate resources to mend a "broken" mind. And we must not forget that reality blah blah blah...

All the best

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well written as always but I wasn't sure what to make of it. While I can understand the desire of some for a sequel I find myself thinking that a sequel would only serve to muddy the waters even further and would have to be even darker than this one. Four stars.

CorderoCordero7 months ago

A very enjoyable read 😁. An insight into the world of those that are driven differently.... potentially dangerous

Burner70Burner707 months ago

You are better then HDK. HE IS A CUCK WRITER

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Excellent work

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This was a story to darken the day, but the level of novelty was a fair trade off for the depression it left. Excellent work and easily 5 stars.

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundown7 months ago

A unique tangent, and though it's short it would have been better with more details (his career, the aftermath, etc)

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Another brilliant, and highly original offering! Readers like myself look forward to opening the site and seeing a NTH submission! I also agree with the short length..perfect for the story. 5* all the way

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer7 months ago

A dark and twisted tale. Many thanks, NTH, for the pleasure of reading it. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

She needed to be working for The Company. Way too diabolical to house.

I don't know about awards and popularity - I know I really like your stories.

I hope your shitshow reverts.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

That's what the so called "innocent lies" lead to: from an unrecoverable destruction of trust to even more dangerous outcomes. Too many people think that lying is equal to be smart, until is too late to understand and fix their mistakes.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This story is so good, crazy and original. You packed so much plot in such a short story.

So much mystery, so many questions.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny7 months ago

Really enjoyed that....how we so damage our children with our selfishness

silentsoundsilentsound7 months ago

Ugh. Another I kind of hated and also found intriguing.

The author crafted the antagonist with remarkable care and sympathy.

I will be thinking about Gillian for a while now.

Maybe her story hasn't all been put to page.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Pretty sad.

AngelRiderAngelRider7 months ago

Cluster B. Poor thing.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I’ve read and enjoyed most of your stories and liked them very much. They certainly disprove the pseudonym you have chosen as the author of these works. I believe that this story outshines them all. It very well written and story line is unlike any other I have read on this site. It is an emotional masterpiece that left me feeling sad for both characters but also convinced that was the best solution for both of them. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Thank God he was vigilant. He's right, she was dangerous enough to kill them both, and it didn't need to be from some faceless agency.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

You know you deserve that award, when I saw your name as author, I smiled with glee and went straight to it.

NoTalentHack indeed.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Every single accolade, praise, and/or award is totally deserved. The great sportswriter Paul Zimmerman once said of OU/Baltimore Colts player Joe Don Looney, "Never was a man more aptly named." Well, in the case of NoTalentHack, just the opposite is true. Almost 2K followers, all achieved through sheer quality of writing and imagination; even your "tropes" break the mold! You're, without a doubt, the best storyteller on this site. Bar none.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The most intriguing story I have read on LW. Riveting beyond belief. Great writing.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

That was very weird. Seriously. Well written…but I just did not enjoy it. Even a little bit.

.

I rate based on both technical writing AND plot. The STORY has to entertain…even if the story is not “happy” or “ fun”. But this one just didn’t work for me at all. So….

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What a strange idea for a story but it works! Somehow right inline with many of the usual but also for me so very different. Creativity at its best. I don't care that she was to yet his wife. It works.

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol7 months ago

Brava! I enjoy this style of story! Well done!

-

Be well!

GardenshedGardenshed7 months ago

Wow, great story. Ending, I didn’t see coming, fantastic!

Thanks for sharing,

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

And what is one word to call this new form of sexual perversion - sexual arousal from other people's secrets? Secretophilia? I can just imagine how she, being at work, accidentally peeking over her shoulder the password from a colleague's email, immediately rushes to the toilet and selflessly jerks off her pussy, biting her lips so as not to scream from the rolling orgasms.

Frank66Frank667 months ago

From a brilliant writer comes another story of dubious distinction. What's the purpose? Nothing good comes to mind. Influential writer? that's scary.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Brilliant twist on lies, psychology and power.

SKHPSKHP7 months ago

She was his fiance, not his wife. I understand that employees of secret agencies are not allowed to share any secret even with their spouses. So I would have expected that the MC looses his security clearance over HIS indiscretions. It makes no sense to take only the wife into custody as a possible future leak.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wow, that was dark.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrson7 months ago

Very cool and unexpected!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Congrats on the nomination; well deserved.

Your writing delves into the complex dynamic of being human; I appreciate the skill with which you translate that understanding into building characters and plotlines which keep me reading even when I recognize that what I'm reading is not going to end as I would prefer. This story is another one of your skillful creations and reinforces the usual anticipation I have at finding a new one of yours.

But damn it's depressing. Now I have to go try to counteract what you've done.

Reading is the only way we can live more than one life. Please keep writing--you help make that possible.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Amazing story, slowly wending its way down the rabbit hole. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I just wasn't nuts about the premise. Two stars

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I kinda get it. I think.

ribnitinribnitin7 months ago

Surprising, well-written story.

lAnatomistelAnatomiste7 months ago

...incredible....

ReadyOneReadyOne7 months ago

Bittersweet, not something I need right now.

But it's an excellent literary work!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc7 months ago

Probably your best piece of work to date! 5.0*

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Why wouldn't she ever be set free again? If she had a mental defective, couldn't she have been cured? She seemed to be, as the narrative indicates, a product of a particularly stressful upbringing. The only reason I could think of for her being indefinitely detained was if she was in the employ of a foreign government actually practicing espionage. I simply did not see any hint of that in the storyline. Great writing with a new slant but a bit confusing for me. I simply can't wait for your next submission.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Thia is good, like really good. I love the characters and I know it's a challenge piece, and probably a one off, but I'd love to see a sequel or follow up. A "10 years later" kind of thing. Does Gillian get better? Does she get released? Does Terry realise he truly loves her? Does he find live elsewhere? How does Gillian react if he does? Like I said I know this is probably a stand-alone, but I really really REALLY love the characters.

elizalooelizaloo7 months ago

Simple, yet powerful. Stories like these are the reason you were nominated and deserve to win Most Influential Writer. You've proven that you can write a lengthy, captivating story that resonates with writers and readers alike. And then surprise us with a short, dramatic piece like this. Well done. 5*

Sorry your life has been so much a shitshow...better times ahead my friend!

secretsalsecretsal7 months ago

Well-deserved nomination, and should be a shoo-in, but the voting page seems to be borked for now. Shows as not logged in, and any attempt to log in just redirects to the control panel. Going back to the page after that gives the same issue.

Norway_1705Norway_17057 months ago

Simply great. "When she saw...", and next 35 words... Great.

BehindbluisBehindbluis7 months ago

I liked where you stopped peeling this onion, and at the same time I'd like for you to get to a few more layers. Thanks for the story and the entertainment. Harddaysnight is your competition? Damn, when you jump in you go with both feet. Good luck with it, I do feel you are in the caliber.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster17 months ago

Nicely done, and as I've said before, your handle is 100% in error. I'm not surprised at the nomination, and I hope you'll take the nom as a recognition of my first sentence !

Inclusion in a group that has Harddaysnight and other great writers on Lit has to feel great. In my view, it is VERY well deserved, and I remain in awe of your stories and your talent.

I sincerely hope the tumult in your life resolves in the most favorable way possible for you !

cyendreycyendrey7 months ago

Another great story, especially considering it being fairly short.

cyendreycyendrey7 months ago

Actually this could be a nice little seed story to a series of stories in its “universe” like “The Shack” stories.

oldtwitoldtwit7 months ago

A different type of story, well done but I think it would be better on a non sexual writing site.

dark2donut2dark2donut27 months ago

Weird stuff, it does deserve a little more of a plot, this is way too slim.

I mean it has a potential for a plot.

But ... this does not belong in LW, hard to see why is this in LE at all, more like to some twilight zone stuff.

PervertedKnightPervertedKnight7 months ago

I would have put this in the Erotic Horror category ... it played out like something from Tales from the Darkside ... nice and creepy! Cheers!

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now7 months ago

Indeed - you deserve the nomination.

I loved this tale you crafted - awesome!

Just_WordsJust_Words7 months ago

Dang! That was dark and powerful.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanm7 months ago

wow. I loved it. I must be like one of the characters. Congrats on the nomination. I hope you win it. Where do we vote?

LustyScribeLustyScribe7 months ago

Another great story! Neat twist at the end. I'm not at all surprised to see you get the honor you deserve.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I don't understand all the praise. It was just a mean spirited BTB story in which the punishment was out if line. The secret agent plot device is not believable and frankly played out. Look, I get that some authors are not for everyone, but I don't get while this story is getting praised by so many.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Excellent story. Sad and exhilarating at same time.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good story, albeit cruel. Gollum's appearance was a surprise!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Brilliant story, part of me hopes finds some sort of redemption.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNoTalentHack@NoTalentHack
If you want to use one of my characters in your story or write an unofficial sequel or prequel or side story to one of my stories, please feel free to do so. I only ask a few things of you: 1. Credit me as the originator of the character/story. 2. DO NOT monetize it. This in...