Seducing My Mother-In-Law

Story Info
A young married man sees his mother-in-law in a new light.
7.1k words
4.63
93.1k
91
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: I began 'Seducing My Mother-In-Law' while in the middle of writing a much larger story, hoping it would serve as a palate cleanser of sorts. I didn't plan to get far with it before returning to my main project, but the story quickly took on a life of its own. I finished it in record time, and now it's ready to post first even though I started it second. If you like the story, keep an eye out for my next one. Hopefully, I'll have it posted within a month or so.

Also, usual disclaimers: all characters are fictional, similarities to real-world people/events are purely coincidental, everyone involved is of legal consenting age, etc.

Attraction seems like it should be black or white. You're either attracted to someone or you're not. But I've come to realize it's not always so simple. Sometimes you're not attracted to someone at first... but then something happens and suddenly you see them in a new light. You think, huh, how did I miss this before?

Sometimes this happens in very unexpected ways. For whatever reason, there are some people that a question of attraction doesn't even enter the picture. Maybe they're related to you, maybe they're too old, maybe they're not your preferred gender, etc.

My mother-in-law was one such person for me. Martha wasn't unbecoming, but for years after we first met, I didn't see her as anything other than the mother of my girlfriend, and then wife. That's who she was and who she would always be. Whether or not she was attractive didn't even cross my mind.

Martha was in her late forties when I started dating her daughter, Christina; now she's in her early fifties. She is about 5'5", has brownish-blonde hair (likely dyed), and has a stereotypically "mom" sense of style that did not appeal to me in the slightest. Physically, she's in decent shape for her age. She does have the classic older-mom belly, but she could easily pass for a woman ten years younger otherwise.

She was funny too, although her sense of humor dated her slightly. Still, we had enough humor overlap that we'd always gotten along well. We both liked to tease people we liked, and many of our laughs came from poking fun at our spouses and each other.

Still, as I said, she was always just Christina's mom to me. Until one fateful morning.

At the time, Christina and I had just married and moved in together. Martha and my father-in-law Rick were staying over at our house, visiting for the holidays. Christina was their only child, and they were more than happy to make the eight-hour drive to see us. Having people spend several days with us always stressed me, but Martha and Rick were as good of guests as I could have hoped for. They took care of themselves well and would help around the house too. It wasn't unusual for them to do their own thing for hours at a time; they took "make yourselves at home" seriously.

Still, it caught me off-guard when I saw Martha wearing a thin nightgown for the first time. I'd never seen her wear anything that intimate, if a mom-nightgown could be called intimate, that is. It wasn't designed to be sexy, but it was a bit short, leaving about a third of her thigh exposed even while she was standing.

I was an early riser, so I was in the middle of eating breakfast when Martha joined me downstairs wearing the nightgown. Christina and Rick were still fast asleep, so it was just the two of us. I offered to make her breakfast, which she gratefully accepted. After I'd prepared it, I gave it to her and joined her at the dining table.

Martha's nightgown, short already, pulled up even further when she was seated. Her legs were crossed, so I couldn't see anything I shouldn't have, but almost the entire length of her thighs was exposed. This was the first time I noticed how smooth and athletic her legs were. I had no idea a woman in her fifties could have legs that were so attractive. That was the moment I began to see Martha not just as my wife's mom, but as a woman in her own right.

Nothing happened that day, but I would never think of Martha the same again. I admittedly began to fantasize about her, although she wasn't around enough to become a permanent fixture in my 'highlight reel'. I suspect that's how she would have stayed--just a fantasy--if it weren't for a few key factors.

The first factor was Martha's marriage to Rick. They'd been together for almost thirty years, and although they were happy together most of the time, they did have the occasional spat that left both Christina and me feeling very awkward. Christina had told me once that when she was younger, she'd overheard a conversation between them--it became apparent that her dad had cheated on her mom with a coworker. Their marriage survived the transgression, but I suspected it was a sore spot that never fully went away.

The second factor was Martha's sex life. I'm sure it's rare for a son-in-law to know about his mother-in-law's sex life, but Christina had a habit of leaving her mom's calls on speaker phone, even when I was around. This is how I overheard that Martha and Rick hadn't had sex in years and she was feeling very frustrated about it. Quite frankly, I didn't think that was an appropriate thing for Martha to share with her daughter, but that's the type of relationship they had.

The final factor was a series of coincidences that left Martha and I alone together for almost an entire day. Now that Christina and I were married, Martha and Rick had decided they wanted to move closer to us. They'd picked out a plot of land about twenty minutes away but still needed to set up with a builder in the area. They planned to spend a week with us to take care of it all, which we dutifully fit into our schedule.

Martha and Rick hoped to handle the house-business during the work week and then spend the weekend hanging out with us. And that's how it went--at first. But the plan hit a snag on Saturday. Christina's work had a call-out, and they desperately needed her to cover it. Christina apologized to her parents but said she couldn't back out. She left that morning, leaving me alone with them.

Christina's dad left soon afterwards. Rick said he needed to take care of some landscaping on their plot of land... but I suspect he just needed an excuse for some alone time. He and Martha had been bickering more than normal during the week. He said he planned to work until daylight was gone, and we should make our own plans for the day.

And that's how I found myself alone in the house with Martha.

Fantasies aside, I'd never planned on trying to seduce her. But when Christina and Rick left, the thought stuck in my mind that I had been given a golden opportunity. I might have a legitimate shot at my mother-in-law. Obviously, opportunity doesn't mean anything without desire, but I couldn't get the thought out of my head. I decided I had to try. Even if the chances of anything happening were slim, just the attempt would give me fantasy material for years to come.

Martha and I spent the morning just being lazy, drinking our coffee, talking a bit, doing some reading, etc. Martha never even bothered to change out of her nightgown, a fact I appreciated. I drank her legs in with my eyes and hoped she'd give me a chance to see more that morning, but she never did.

For lunch, we ordered pizza. Martha asked if there was anything I'd like to watch on TV while we ate, so I put on a baking show while we joined each other on the couch.

We talked and laughed together as we made our way through our food. I even tentatively flirted with her a bit, although I was careful not to say anything too forward.

After we finished eating, we cleaned up our mess before settling back down on the couch, me on the left side; her on the right.

"Well, what now?" Martha asked.

"Is there anything you want to go out and do? You're the guest, after all." I offered.

"Oh no. I'm tired and sore from all our work with the house stuff. I'm perfectly happy to just hang out here with you. Assuming you don't mind entertaining an old woman all afternoon, that is."

"You're not that old. You could easily pass for being in your thirties if you wanted. Besides, you're fun. I like hanging out with you."

"That's sweet, coming from a young man such as yourself. Women my age don't normally get that. You're what, twenty-five now?"

"Twenty-six," I corrected.

"I was close. But you haven't answered my question yet... what now?"

I'd been keeping my eyes open for a chance to make a move on Martha, but nothing had stood out so far. Maybe this was my chance.

"You said you're sore from the week. I could help with that. Maybe we can watch a movie while I rub your feet?"

Martha laughed. "Oh, you don't want to touch my gross feet, but that's very nice of you to offer."

"Your feet aren't gross," I protested. "Besides, I like keeping my hands busy. It'll give me something to do during the movie."

"I mean, I'll never turn down the offer of a free foot rub, but you really don't have to."

"Consider it a sign of appreciation for my favorite mother-in-law." I said, as I scooted closer to her. I patted my lap. "Got a spot right here for them."

"Well, if you insist," Martha teased, as she swung her legs over me. As she moved, I was able to get a glimpse of her inner thighs. Maybe it was just my lust talking, but I had to admit, she looked damn good for fifty.

I picked out a rom-com to start streaming, then took one of Martha's feet in my hands. I began to knead it slowly, starting with the ball of her foot. I took my time, making sure she enjoyed it.

"That feels great, Scott. I'm jealous of Christina right now--Rick has never offered to rub my feet for me."

I shrugged. "Well, maybe you should ask him to."

"He doesn't like feet. Besides, after thirty years of marriage, you tend to get stuck in your own little ruts. Not that it will ever happen to you and Christina, of course," Martha quickly added.

"Well, I'm more than happy to help you out. I appreciate everything you guys have done for me over the years." I said truthfully.

"You're a good guy, Scott. Rick and I are just glad you and Christina found each other."

Martha trailed off, watching the movie, as I began to massage the arch of her foot. Even as my hands kept up their pressure, I began to let my eyes wander. I admired the smoothness of Martha's calves and thighs. Despite her age, they were well-toned; I wondered how they'd feel to the touch.

I also noticed that Martha's legs were no longer crossed. She was pressing them together too tightly for me to see anything, but it wouldn't be difficult for me to change that. Her nightgown had ridden up rather far by this point.

In what I hoped was a subtle move, I shifted my knees to one side, aligning myself with how Martha was laying. I was now facing towards her with her feet still resting on my lap. I lifted her right foot slightly--the one closer to the couch back--and began to rub both thumbs into her arch. Instinctively, Martha retracted her foot against the pressure, spreading her legs as a result. She hadn't moved them much, but for the first time ever, I was now able to see all the way up to her center. I was secretly hoping she'd gone commando, but she hadn't. Still, her white underwear was clearly visible, and that was something. If nothing else, I now had future fantasy material to work with.

Not wanting to press my luck too much yet, I dropped the foot I was working on and switched to the other. Martha kept her attention focused on the movie; she didn't seem to notice my growing boldness. My blood was beginning to pump faster--I could sense that I was approaching a point of no return. If I kept this up, I wouldn't be able to back down again.

I repeated my massage on Martha's second foot, before deciding it was time to press my luck. I placed her foot back on my lap and began to work up her ankle and calf. I moved patiently; I didn't want to alert Martha as to what I was doing too early. I started with one leg and made it halfway up her shin before I switched to the other. I don't know what would have happened if I'd been allowed to keep going, but it didn't matter. Martha stopped me.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Scott. You don't have to keep going." Martha apologized as she pulled her feet from my lap and swung them back in front of her. "I got distracted by the movie otherwise I would have said something earlier. My feet feel so much better now, though. That was nice. Thank you."

I was disappointed, but I could sense that was the end of it. Unless...

"You know, Martha, I think we have some massage oil upstairs. If you'd like, I can get some throw-towels and I can give you a real massage? We can do it right here on the couch--we don't even have to stop the movie."

"Scott, dear, that's very nice of you to offer. But I'm not sure that would be appropriate. What would Rick and Christina think?"

"I don't know about Rick, but Christina would be happy I was taking care of you. Besides, what's not appropriate about it? We're family now, remember?"

"Scott..." Martha started, but I cut her off.

"Look, it'll give us something to do. Your muscles will thank me, and I'll feel useful. Everyone wins. I won't take no for an answer. I'll be right back."

Before Martha could protest, I leapt from the couch and ran upstairs. I knew I was pressing my luck, but I'd gone too far to give up just yet. As long as I left myself enough wriggle room to pretend my intentions were innocent, I should be fine. I grabbed the oil and towels, and quickly made my way back down to the couch.

"Okay, Martha. Stand up for me and I'll put some of these towels down. Can't be getting oil all over the couch now, can we?" I joked.

I expected Martha to argue some more, but instead she sighed and stood up. "Okay, fine, Scott. You can give me a massage. But you can't tell Rick about this. He wouldn't like it, even if you are family."

"I mean, it's just a massage. There's nothing to tell... but fine. I won't say a word," I reassured her as I began lining the couch cushions with the towels. "Now, do you want towels for yourself too? I assume you wouldn't want me to get oil all over your clothes."

"No, I wouldn't," Martha agreed. She had to realize what I was suggesting. I expected her to change her mind about the massage, but again, she surprised me. "Give me some of those towels and go wait in the bathroom. I'll change and cover myself with them. Then I'll yell when it's okay for you to come back out."

"I won't peek, I promise," I said, feeling very bold as I made my way to the bathroom.

I couldn't believe it. My mother-in-law had agreed to strip down for me. Could it be possible that Martha was open to being seduced? Or was I just seeing signs that weren't there? Nothing to do but keep pushing forward and find out, I decided.

While I waited in the bathroom, I realized I'd forgotten to heat the oil first. The oil worked perfectly fine without heat, but when it was warm, it took massages to the next level. I could microwave it, but it worked better warmed with near-boiling water. Kept the heat longer.

When Martha yelled that she was ready for me, I decided the warm oil was worth the extra effort. I apologized and told her I'd just be a second. I didn't want to let my moment with Martha pass, but I could at least get the oil started. I quickly filled a kettle with water and set it to boil on the stove.

"Everything okay in there?" Martha asked from the couch.

"Yeah, it's fine. Just realized I forgot to heat the oil first." I yelled back. "Don't worry though, we can still get started in the meantime."

I walked back into the living room to find Martha lying face down on the couch, several towels spread underneath her. She had another towel wrapped around her ass and thighs, but she'd left her back bare. I was shocked. If she sat up, I'd see everything. Having my mother-in-law be so exposed lit a fire in my loins, no question about it. I was one towel and some panties away from having her completely naked in front of me.

With great effort, I forced my lust back down. I needed to focus. If I made a wrong move now, I could be in a lot of trouble. I had to maintain my pretense of innocence.

"Okay. I'm ready. Let me restart the movie real quick," I said, grabbing the TV remote. After hitting play, I was ready to begin the massage, but then I realized I'd made a mistake. There was nowhere left on the couch for me to sit.

"Martha, I'm so sorry, but I obviously didn't think this through. There's not enough room for both of us there, unless you're okay with me sitting on you?"

"Oh." Martha simply said, as she looked over her shoulder and saw I was right. "I didn't think about that either. Why don't you just kneel beside the couch and reach me that way?"

Not what I preferred, but I was afraid to protest too strongly. "I'm afraid I won't be at the best angle to really get into your muscles, but we can give it a shot." I kneeled down just next to her hips.

With that difficulty settled, I brought up the bottle of massage oil and emptied several drops onto my hands. I rubbed them together vigorously to thoroughly coat them and warm the oil. Once my hands were ready, I took one last deep breath to steady myself. If I ever had a chance with Martha, this was it. I had to make it count.

I began at the top of Martha's back, between her shoulders and neck, working the oil into her skin. The angle was a bit awkward, but I could tolerate it. I was impressed with how good her skin looked. I'd always pictured people in their fifties having spotted and wrinkly skin, but Martha's was smooth and clean. She'd clearly taken care of herself.

As if reading my mind, Martha said, "Thanks for doing this. Sorry if I'm gross. I know I'm not as young as I used to be."

"Martha, you look amazing. If Christina looks half this good at your age, I'll count myself a lucky man."

"Oh, stop it. You're just trying to flatter me. It's working, don't get me wrong, but you don't have to pretend for my sake."

"I'm not pretending. I mean it," I said earnestly as I began to knead her neck.

"Well thanks. I wish-ooh that's the spot... mmm," Martha moaned gently as my fingers found a sensitive spot. "Mm. Sorry about that. I was saying, I wish Rick felt the same way. Some days, I feel like an old crone with the way he looks at me."

"Maybe he's just been with you so long he's forgotten what he has?" I suggested. "Trust me, if Rick doesn't appreciate you, it's not because you're lacking."

"Thanks, Scott. You know how to make an old woman feel good."

Our conversation died down again as Martha returned her focus to the movie. I was aware of it in the background, but my own focus was squarely on her. The sensation of my skin against hers, as I felt parts of her body I had no business feeling, had me absolutely hooked. Part of me knew that I shouldn't be turned on by Martha--she was twice my age and my wife's mom to boot--but somehow that just made me want her even more.

I kept up my massage, feeling for little spots of tension or tenderness along Martha's body. I was careful to keep my hands from any sensitive areas, but I knew I would have to take a chance eventually. The only question was how.

My thoughts were interrupted by the kettle's whistle.

"Sorry, Martha. I'll be right back," I said, excusing myself. I quickly went to the kitchen and pulled the kettle off the stove. Being careful not to burn myself, I poured the near-boiling water into a large glass bowl and grabbed a couple of hot pads. I took hold of the bowl and returned to the living room with it.

"Thanks for being patient. This will be worth the wait, though, trust me," I said, as I sat a hot pad on the floor and placed the bowl onto it.

"Oh, no worries. I'm in no hurry. Besides, I'm enjoying the movie," Martha reassured me.

12