Seema's Journey Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hello?"

Silence. Simran put the receiver down. But again the telephone rang.

"Hello? This is Simran, who is it? Hello?"

Silence.

As Simran returned, closing the bedroom door behind her, Seema stared longingly at the delightful sight of Simran's perfect symmetry. She couldn't decide whether to let her gaze linger on Simran's breasts or the dark triangle covering her delicate furrow. Or, for that matter, her eyes, flat stomach, legs or feet.

"They just hung up. Twice. Wrong number I guess."

"Could be a weirdo!" Seema laughed.

Simran slipped under the duvet and snuggled up to Seema.

"I thought you wanted to get up," Seema giggled and nibbled Simran's earlobe.

"Well, I know we should get up. But, I don't want to either. Certainly not while you're lying here all hot, nude and sexy."

"Oh, so it's my fault?" Seema giggled.

"Yes! It is!" laughed Simran. She nuzzled into Seema's neck and reached around to squeeze Seema's buttocks. Seema gasped as Simran's fingertips brushed over the softness between her cheeks. Before Seema could do the same, Simran pulled away.

"Let's have a bath. A long one. Then early bed. We could read. Reading helps me sleep. What do you reckon?"

"Ok, good idea," Seema answered, mildly disappointed that they didn't make love again.

#

As they cuddled up under Seema's duvet, skin soft and glowing after a very long bath, it was decided that they should bathe together as often as possible.

"Of course," giggled Simran. "We'd be doing our bit for the environment, saving water et cetera."

"That's right. Though really, for me, it's more about seeing you naked."

"Yeah," Simran chuckled, pecking Seema on the lips. "I vote for compulsory nudity when we're alone together. What do you think?"

Seema's answer was conveyed through a long and gentle kiss. There was no reading. They were genuinely tired. Seema flicked the lamp off and settled into Simran's cosy embrace.

"Can we text each other loads tomorrow?" Seema asked.

"Yeah, definitely," Simran whispered.

"It was such a lovely day today. Fab idea going to that park."

"Mmhmm. It meant a lot to me. Thank you babe."

"Anything for you, Sim."

They were silent for a moment as eyes became heavy.

"So, I'll take you to work, then pick you up," Simran whispered.

"Well, if that's ok. I finish earlier than you though."

"Doesn't matter babe. I want to pick you up. I'll come up to your office."

"Mmm, Simran in her nurses uniform," Seema giggled. "That'll be nice."

"Well, if you find boring blue trousers and boring light blue top sexy~"

"You look sexy in anything."

"Not as sexy as you in your black skirt and jacket. Ooo, and those high heels."

They chuckled sleepily.

Five minutes later, their bodies had relaxed and sleep took them into their dreams.

#

Simran dropped Seema off right outside the grand old red brick three storey building that was Seema's place of work. Below the shiny stainless steel lettering of 'Bryant Associates Ltd', the large tinted glass doors silently slid open and shut as clients and employees made their way in. Cars and buses streamed past Simran's little car, the city fumes a stark contrast to the fresh air at the country park the day before.

"Can't I come to work with you?" Seema sighed.

"You know I'd love that," Simran answered, grasping Seema's hand. "But, I think you may get a telling off from your boss."

Seema felt like crying.

"Aw, honey, don't. You'll start me off," Simran said softly. "Look, text me until your fingers hurt, ok."

Seema laughed, wiping her eyes. "Deal."

Simran pulled a tissue from the pocket of her trousers and gently dabbed the running liner from underneath Seema's watery eyes.

"There, that's better," she whispered. She wiped her own eyes. "Love you Seem."

"Thanks," Seema whispered as she checked herself over in the little mirror set in the sun visor. She turned and gazed at Simran. "Love you too, my Sim."

She leant across, kissed Simran's soft lips and got out. As Simran drove off, sounding her horn, Seema waved until her car was out of sight.

#

As usual, the documents were piled high on the desk in her glass-walled office. Her Outlook day-to-view was empty save for the usual meeting last thing. Why last thing on a Monday, of all days? She looked at the top page of the paper pile; figures, figures and more figures.

While she and Jake were getting rocky, these figures had helped her. She was able to immerse herself in the figures and their complex relationships, using her brain to work through the loopholes, satisfied at the end. But now, all she could think about was Simran. Seema didn't want to bury herself today.

She retrieved her 'phone from her handbag. She scrolled to Simran's number, the entry adorned with a picture. It was a selfie Simran had sent her a while back. Simran's eyes and beautiful smile jumped out from screen.

"So beautiful," Seema whispered.

She sent a simple text, placed her 'phone on the desk, and reluctantly took the first sheet from the pile to work on.

Within thirty seconds her 'phone beeped. Simran had replied.

'I love you more xxxxxxxxxxxx' the text read. Seema smiled.

'No you don't xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

Another beep.

'Yes I do! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

'Impossible! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

...and so on. Seema almost forgot about her work.

#

There was a light knock at Seema's tinted glass office door. She looked up to see Carol, a bubbly middle-aged lady who had taken Seema under her wing when she had started at the firm, fresh out of university. Seema always had time for Carol. She was the perfect mentor.

"Looking forward to the team meeting, Seema?"

"Hi Carol, how are you?" Seema smiled. She knew Carol would want a chat, and she had to admit that a break from the figures would be welcome. "Yeah, should be a zinger!"

"Hmm. No, it'll be pretty boring, as usual," Carol chuckled. "Good weekend?"

Carol closed the door and pulled up a chair in front of Seema's desk. Her smile disappeared as she caught sight of the thin gash on Seema's lip.

"Well, in the end, it was really good. From the ridiculous to the sublime, I guess."

Carol looked on in horror as Seema recounted a highly edited version of Jake's visit, omitting everything after he had barged through the door. She told Carol the door had caught her, cutting her lip, figuring that maybe she could trick herself into forgetting it all. Seema wished she could wipe it all from memory with a click of the fingers.

"Seema, that's awful. If you need somewhere to bed down for a while, my door will always be open."

"Thanks Carol," Seema smiled appreciatively. "But, it's ok. Someone's...looking after me."

"Good." Carol's smile returned with a hint of mischief. "Simran?"

Seema blushed and flicked at her hair.

"Sorry, Seema. Ignore me. As long as you're ok." Carol patted her arm and stood up. "Tell you what," she peered conspiratorially over her shoulder. "Let me take some of these documents."

She took a large ream of documents from Seema's desk, hiding them within her suit jacket.

"Oh, Carol, you've probably got loads yourself~"

"It's fine chick."

Carol winked and bustled out of Seema's office.

#

Seema had managed to sift through and analyze most of the remainder of her reports, despite the fifty love you's sent to Simran, and the fifty replies sent back with an ever increasing number of x's. Seema's 'phone beeped again. She smiled as she thumbed the screen. Simran's picture and number flashed.

'Hiya my darling! Look up... xxxxxxxxxxxxx'

Seema frowned, put her 'phone down and looked up. There, standing on the opposite side of her glass wall was Simran, a beaming if slightly bashful smile on her face. Stood next to her was Carol, who sported a rather mischievous smile.

Seema jumped up and ran to the door, almost giggling joyously. She threw the door open.

"Hey!" she cried, and then stood still, patting her skirt down and brushing a wisp of hair from her brow, trying her best to appear as calm as possible.

Carol gave a sly wink towards Seema. "I found her downstairs, so I thought I'd bring her straight up."

"Thank you Carol," Simran chuckled. "I'll try not to stay too long."

"You stay as long as you want, Simran." Carol nodded her head at Seema. "I bet she's finshed most of her work, anyway."

Carol hunched her shoulders, smiled and bustled off down the corridor.

"Hi, honey," Simran said, shuffling her feet.

Seema stared, her smile wide. "Oh, sorry...standing here and staring. Come in, come in." Seema spoke a little louder than she would normally, mainly for the benefit of her work colleagues milling around at the end of the corridor, who hastily turned away as Seema looked towards them.

Simran smirked and chuckled under her breath. Seema quickly shut the door.

"Oh Sim, this is great!"

"I know, right. I couldn't stand just texting you. Took a bit of time out and came round. Is it ok?"

"Sim, it's fab! It's almost lunch time, anyway." Seema gushed. She peered through wall of her office. "These bloody glass walls...I want to kiss you."

"Can't you move down to the basement?"

Seema laughed. A basement office would be ideal, she thought. She checked again through the glass wall, and grasped Simran's hands. Simran giggled as she was pulled around to the seat next to Seema's. Behind the desk, they were able to at least hold hands.

"How's my babe?" Seema asked.

"Better for seeing you, gorgeous. How's your morning been? Do you mind if I eat?" Simran pulled her sandwich box from her shoulder bag.

"No, go for it. My morning's been fine. I've had lots of texts from my lover, so I've been quite happy."

"Ooo," Simran chuckled, biting into her salad wrap. "Who's that then?"

"This gorgeous, sexy, lovely, lovely, beautiful, wonderful girl I know."

Simran chuckled and blushed. "Funny, because I had the same thing, and she's a beautiful~"

There was a light knock and the door opened. Simran hastily let go of Seema's hand and they both made sure their hands were in plain view above the desk.

"Two orange juices, girls." Carol put two full glasses of juice on the desk. She glanced at Seema. "Usual sandwich, chick. Here we go."

"Thanks, Carol. And thanks for taking some of that paperwork."

Carol waved her hand. "No problem." She smiled at Simran. Her gaze lingered on Seema. She winked, and made her way out.

"Does Carol have an inkling?" Simran asked as the door clicked shut. She grasped Seema's hand, pulling it down to her lap.

"She shouldn't have." Seema smiled and waved at Carol as she bustled along the corridor outside Seema's office.

"Hmm, she seems to have a natural ability to get information out of you," Simran giggled.

"Ah, I guess you had a chat on the way up then," Seema chuckled and shook her head. She peeled the thin plastic cover off the packaging of her sandwich. "Did you let something slip?"

"Mmm. I think I might have. Did she used to work for the CIA or something, because she's good."

"I think she may have! She's lovely though, a real gem."

"Oh yeah, she is. She reckons I look familiar."

"What, like a sexy RnB diva?"

"No!" Siman giggled. "She thinks I have some resemblance to some guy she knows. Something like that, anyway."

"Oh. She's never mentioned it before. For the record, you do look like a sexy RnB diva."

"What, even in a drab nurse's uniform?"

"Oh yes!"

They ate and talked whilst holding hands out of sight behind Seema's desk. Simran described her morning at work, which as usual sounded completely hectic. Seema had always been in awe of Simran as her job demanded such patience and a huge amount of compassion. She remembered the times Simran had comforted her during her break-up and marvelled at how she had stayed so patient after a day at work.

"Oh, and my uncle Mo' tried to ring me about a million times. I couldn't face it, so I ignored it."

"Hmm. What do you think he wants? He did say it was urgent."

"No idea," Simran answered, draining the last of the juice from her glass. "I'll ring him later, I guess."

"It's not about us, is it?"

"No," Simran shook her head. "I've not told any of my family yet. Nothing against them, but I don't really care if they're not happy about it. Especially my uncle. They'll have to accept that you're the one I love."

Simran finished her lunch. She looked past Seema through the window at the giant clock on the wall of the building opposite and sighed.

"I'd better get back to work."

"Do you have to?"

"Yes, my love. But look, another few hours and we'll be together again," Simran said cheerfully. "I'll wait in the car, ok. And if I'm not there, just wait because a traffic warden might have moved me on."

Seema chuckled. "Ok, I'll see you later then."

They sat awkwardly, glancing through the window wall until they were sure no-one was looking. They kissed briefly before Simran reluctantly stood.

Before Seema opened the door of her office, she stroked Simran's shoulder. "By the way, you do look tremendously sexy in your uniform."

"Hmm, if you say so," Simran chuckled, and lowered her voice. "When we get home, I want to undress you, slowly, and make you lose yourself again."

Seema visibly quivered. "That's a deal."

"And keep texting, ok?"

Seema nodded happily. She watched as Simran walked down the corridor, turning to wave three times before disappearing into the waiting elevator.

Seema closed her door and her thoughts immediately turned to an evening of love-making with her beautiful lover. Seema smiled dreamily as she realised Simran had used the word 'home'.

#

As expected, the meeting was indeed a little boring. It didn't help that Seema was longing to be with Simran, and her mind really wasn't anywhere near the conference room. Carol had to nudge her with her knee several times when questions were directed at their department. Seema knew the ropes though, and despite her mind not being on the job, she was able to provide the correct responses; 'yes', 'yes' and 'as soon as possible'.

Seema clock watched the last ten minutes. She didn't want Simran to have to wait outside too long. She was aware that they hadn't exchanged many text messages since lunch. Simran must have had a busy afternoon, she figured.

Mercifully, the meeting ended earlier than expected. Seema jumped up as soon as the eloquent and distinguished Mr. Bryant himself announced the meeting over. As she and Carol filed out of the meeting room along with all the other department heads and seconds, Carol edged up to her.

"I hope you and Simran are really happy together," she whispered.

Seema felt her face rise in temperature and smiled awkwardly. "Oh, ummm..."

She placed her hand on Carol's arm and pulled her to one side, allowing the stragglers a clear path between them.

"I thought you'd guessed," Seema whispered awkwardly. "Carol, look, this won't affect my job, will it? I know it's wrong, but...please don't tell anyone yet, please."

"Seema, of course it won't affect your job," Carol whispered, sounding a little hurt. "And no, I won't say a word. But, you shouldn't keep it to yourself. You make a lovely couple; you're obviously happy, tell the whole world!"

"Oh Carol, thanks. You're so good to me," Seema whispered. She hugged Carol gratefully.

"I'm really happy that you've found someone. I won't say a word. But don't think you need to keep it quiet. If anyone here has a problem with it, I'll see to them. Ok?"

"Carol, you are the best boss ever."

"Now, get going, go on," Carol giggled, playfully pushing Seema away. "Go on!"

Seema rushed back to her office. She hastily tidied her desk, shut her laptop down and retrieved her jacket from the old bamboo coat stand next to her bookcase. She checked her 'phone. There was a text message from her brother but not from Simran. She frowned and put her 'phone in her pocket without bothering to read her brother's message.

Closing her door behind her, she scurried to the elevator. She pushed the call button, waited impatiently for two seconds before deciding to take the stairs. Her high heels echoed noisily on the staircase as she descended at a breakneck speed. She made it down to the foyer and said a few hurried good-byes to colleagues.

The glass doors silently slid open and she ran out.

Simran's car was nowhere to be seen. Seema caught her breath, checked the time and looked up and down the busy street. The multi-storey car park at the one end was spewing cars at a steady rate whilst at the other end cars streamed down off the fly-over, the majority disappearing to join the ring-road. She kept her attention to the right and the oncoming traffic, trying to spot Simran's little white car. She checked her mobile phone. Simran's last message had been just over two hours ago.

Seema kept her eyes on the traffic. Her spirits lifted when she saw a little white car in amongst the sleek and shiny businessman cars crawling off the flyover, an ant amongst beetles. As it approached though she could see it wasn't Simran's car. Her mood fell again. As she stood waiting, several of her colleagues called goodbyes. She forced a smile and waved back at them. She checked her mobile again, but there was still no message from Simran.

"Just be patient," she said to herself. "Probably busy at work."

#

Twenty minutes later and Simran still hadn't showed. Seema thumbed her mobile and scrolled through her contacts to Simran's number, pressing call.

She frowned as she heard a lifeless automated voice announcing that Simran's mobile was switched off. She called again only for the same response. She looked around, figuring Simran may be on foot. Had her car broken down? It was on its last legs, after all. Maybe her 'phone had run out of battery. That was plausible, she thought, and would explain the lack of text messages.

She scrolled through her contacts again and cursed when she realised she didn't have Simran's work number. She called directory enquiries.

"Hi, can I have the number for Checkley's Care Centre, please."

She made a mental note of the number read out by yet another lifeless automated reader, hung up and immediately dialled the number. The ring-tone bleeped in her ear for a long time. She started to worry that no-one was there. Then, a brusque authoritarian female voice answered.

'Hello, Checkley's.'

"Oh, hi, umm, I wonder if I could speak to Simran, please. She works in the special unit."

'Ok, let me see if I can find her. Putting you on hold.'

An annoying rendition of a K T Tunstall song, which in Seema's opinion was already an awful song, blared painfully into Seema's ear. She jerked the 'phone away from her ear and tapped her feet impatiently whilst keeping an eye on the traffic. Her feet ached from wearing high heels for a day and she desperately wanted to get out of her twin set suit. She wanted Simran to remove it, more specifically. She was starting to worry. What if there had been an accident? Why was her 'phone off? The potentially deafening canned music from her 'phone ceased. She jammed it back to her ear.

'Hello?'

"Yeah, hi," Seema was hoping she'd hear Simran's voice, but it was the same curt voice that had answered originally.

'Who's calling?'

Seema frowned, a chill washing over her body. "Um, my name is Seema. What's up, is there something wrong?"

'Well, no. It seems she left work a couple of hours ago. But she's not been back.'

"Oh," Seema frowned. "Did she say where she was going?"

'It seems not.' The lady on the 'phone seemed more than a little piqued.

"Right, um, ok. Thanks anyway."

Another anxious half hour passed by. Seema had tried Simran's mobile countless times, but each time was the same. She felt at a loss. She couldn't decide whether to call the police or whether to get back home and wait. She thought of getting herself to Simran's flat, but it was miles away across the other side of town.