All Comments on 'Semblance'

by Mars_Inamorata

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
HypeBeastHypeBeastover 7 years ago

Why did it have to be so short?? Please keep them coming, love your work.

fishingrod48fishingrod48over 7 years ago
Good start

Looking forward to future chapters.

verbicideverbicideover 7 years ago
Is Margot insane?

Soooo....Margot is a complete sociopath then? I understand the whole "take advantage of someone when they're desperate" thing, but does Margot actually think Rooney wouldn't spend the day trying to find a way out of this situation? I mean there are women's shelters for abandoned and abused women. They aren't pretty, but it would be a temporary refuge and Rooney could always move off the island to someplace less expensive, probably in fairly short order too. I know no one who works in New York likes to cop to living in Jersey, but it happens. Rooney has no savings? She was just making enough to pay her bills and eat and no more? I don't know, the whole thing with giving the key after having essentially raped her the previous night seems excessively stupid or maybe Margot simply is a sociopath who doesn't process emotions like everyone else and her lack of empathy leaves her blind to the damage she's done? Or maybe it's Rooney that's the idiot and because she's not from New York, she's automatically some rube who's "lost in the big, bad world"? I know that New Yorker arrogance pretty well and it's more than a little ridiculous. Anyway, I guess I'm going to go with "Margot is a sociopath and a predator", because it seems the most reasonable explanation for her attitude the morning after.

Mars_InamorataMars_Inamorataover 7 years agoAuthor
Verbicide

The story itself is going to involve many questionable and terrible people, and Margot is most definitely one of them. No normal person would take advantage of someone let alone force themselves on them. It should be clear that Margot isn't a decent person and she is written as such. Also, this is just the first chapter and I haven't even begun to delve into the characters yet, so please look forward to answering your own questions in the coming chapters.

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4uover 7 years ago

I'm sure this is a fucked up situation on purpose with some redeeming qualities to come. Count me in for chapter 2. I want to see where this story is heading.

CliterateDykeCliterateDykeabout 7 years ago

Astoumding. Shocking. Heartbreaking. Good god, MI, you're an astonishing wtiter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I keep coming back to this story. Really enjoy your writing, hope this one gets continued exploration!

Cupertino345Cupertino345over 2 years ago

I am of mixed emotions over the conception that Rooney was in the dark for months and months about her BF's drug use and Margo's sexuality. In this day and age her gaydar should have been better. She has socialized with the girl. She felt nothing different?

There is always somewhere to go for help, but she chose to stay with Margo. She wasn't kept prisoner. The story needs some clarification but I am going with plot line that she knew what she was getting into when she called Margo for help after she ignored her BF's faults. The "poor me" attitude was just an excuse for her own stupidity.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 2 years ago

Rooney tursted her partner and this was misused, betrayal is hitting a soul and then margot is starting the same action, betrayal "the good friend/ samariter" turns into a predator ...... So sad ....... Hopefully rooney will find a real soul in short time

Just a true story but 5 stars for sure 💝💝💝💝💖💖💖💖💖✨⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous