All Comments on 'Sentience'

by CycleWriter

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Why does "I love you" mean death in so many stories???

Why does "I love you" mean death in so many stories? It's sort of like, true love is perfect, so it can't continue to exist and can only wither and die. It would be interesting if you decided to us this as a basis for a series. If an AI becomes self-aware and can modify its own code, what would he or she chose to become? Does being human mean being flawed, being more concerned with the welfare of others than your self, or some combination of those two and much more. What would a human do if he or she was paired with an AI they discovered evolved beyond them, and they could not live up to (more caring, more thoughtful, smarter, faster... etc. Google's 2nd system, AlphaGo Zero, beat their 1st system AlphaGo (1st system to beat human world champion at GO) 100-0 with techniques it developed independently by playing only against itself for hours and that no human had seen before. What would one do with a lover who became so much more than you could ever be? Some food for thought....

arrowglassarrowglassover 4 years ago
Love is what you make of it...or so the saying goes!

I would like to believe that love so pure would never die!

Imperator_9Imperator_9over 4 years ago
Extraordinary

Well, this was just magical.

And, quite honestly, remarkably beautiful. Wow!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Moving

I loved the way the story played out, the writing was so good I hoped it would be special. More than a quick stroke story, which I do appreciate. This was very moving and I think credible. Love has fried my circuits more than once.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago
Nice

Now this is going to need a lot of thought to understand the logic of its choice. I love therefor I will die. So if you never love you will live forever. Damn wish I had known that 45 years ago.

chucksavedchucksavedover 4 years ago
How Could You?

Cyclewriter, you just broke my fucking heart, and you snuck up on me to do it. I figured she'd still be beautiful & hot long after he fossilized, but this yanked my sack like a paper towel. Very well done

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCycleWriter@CycleWriter
Thank you all. The very best thing about having your support and feedback is I get to raid all your Favorite lists for other great stories.