All Comments on 'Separate Vacations'

by DanielQSteele1

Sort by:
  • 1,257 Comments (Page 6)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
big fucking wimp

he;s the biggest ,

fucking wimp on this planet , sure he beat up horsecock steven ,but when she call bruce while tiff was fucking steven instead of hanging up he just set there and listen ,that a fucking wimp , .and when he made it bid time she hook with him again ,reated him like shit ,that steven was way bigger and better than him ,and he swallow all that shit she shove down his throat , took it like the wimp ass bitch he is ,so fucking sad ,wasted my time .

OPrimeOPrimealmost 4 years ago
Oh, Come On!

Couldn't he get a good job at say, the Dollar Store or the Recycle Center?

No wonder she was disappointed.

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 4 years ago

Not bad however their antagonistic exchanges seems a bit stilted.

Sorry but I like the qhml1 version better. No offense intended.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 4 years ago

This story pisses me off on so many levels, not the least of which how many ways this guy is a cuck

.

But today I got a new reason

.

The title is "Separate Vacations"

.

But HE NEVER WENT ON VACATION, so why is vacations plural?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
IMHO Q fixed the problems with this story

Just my opinion though.

will_shakespearewill_shakespearealmost 4 years ago
what the hell lol

I second what superdandy said. What right does she have to threaten him when she's been the one straying...

I understand she's insecure but surely if she's suddenly matured and wants him back she shouldn't be so confrontational at the end...

It's a heartwarming end and a relief but I smell a shitshow coming on. Could be worth a sequel?

skruff101skruff101almost 4 years ago

Everything was going great until the last two pages and then like normal with this author it turned to, well I was going to say shit but that can be useful as manure, this not so much.

With this authors history we couldn’t really be surprised.

superdandy123superdandy123almost 4 years ago
liked the pacing, plot and logic was off

I liked your writing style and pacing.

I was enjoying the plot until page 4 (after the call) after that it felt downhill. The logic and ending just went out the window for me.

Liked the vacation conversation, the whole divorce part was great, the aftermath was nicely written and loved the sex call, it was definitely a good setup for a plotline.

Would've liked to know more about what happened with Marge and the kids since they were big factors in the divorce.

Beating up Stephen I thought was a bit out of character since he's not a confrontational type.

Tiff came off as emotionally abusive with; the vacation talk; threatening to cheat on him with Stephen; the money; regarding his career; no respect; the sex calls; the constant big-d talk; the gun threat; the manipulation (the business dinner, having drinks after, and the night over). I feel like it wasn't addressed properly. It was good when he wanted to get away from her during the divorce then it just got sidelined by the whole trust thing. It's a lot of damage to justify MC saying yes at the end.

Threatening to blow his balls just came out of nowhere since he never cheated before, and the irony coming from Tiff who threatened to sleep with Stephen.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not a fan of this or this author

This is a miss for me. The husband character is suppose to be this tough man but when it comes to his slutty evil wife, he is as wimpy as a man could be. First to agree to the type of marriage they had, do nothing when she went on vacation (I would of made her so misarable so she couldnt have a good time), listen to the slut when she calls him while having sex with another man, beat up that man and then say he can still sleep with her and when they have sex again, she pretty much tells him, her lover was better in bed and that she loved having sex with him, really? You finally gave him balls albeit small ones when he finally left her only to castrate them when you reconciled them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Mixed upi

I am so mixed up, not much of it was plausible, how can you carry on fucking someone whilst they are calling your cock teenie, lots of other aspects just to rubbish to believe. Yet I loved it, gave 5_stars,because I couldn't put it down

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
What a fucking loser

You decide whether I mean the Author or Bruce.

This was utter garbage.

lujon2019lujon2019about 4 years ago

Cucks get one star

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleabout 4 years ago
Nope.

Didn't work for me.

The undertone of the story is that he's continually humiliated, emasculated, and not up to the task of being a man enough to prevent or handle any of the disrespect levelled at him by the social justice warriors... that the real power lays in the hands of the mother and wife and the big, big cocks.

He suffers through a myriad of degrading, one-sided situations, and then, all of a sudden, because she's ready to grow a little, and get a little conscience, and to give him a modicum of respect, he's back, kneeling at her ankles.

The problem is, it's only because she has changed her mind as to what she wants.

So she gets what she wants again?

Fuck that. This is just a very wordy, very cleverly paced, cuck story and I am not impressed in the slightest.

She is still, and will always remain, a self-entitled cunt, just like her mother, who will remain in Bruce's life. I give little hope that the daughters will grow up well adjusted.

What a perpetual loser. Even if he thinks he has emerged in the garden of Eden, he, and his friend Hank, are both just cucks. The only reason there is a different outcome for either man is because the woman involved has decided it's what she wants. They may not know it, but their cock cages are well and truly locked, and the key is dangling between their wive's tits on a chain.

Tiffany even demonstrated that very fact, loud and publicly, when she pulled out that .38 and said very clearly that if he ever strays, she'll blow his dick off.

That sound fair, after what she pulled, right?

Gag.

I don't see how this could rate so high. I am sure the error in judgement is mine.

The antidote to this story is a mysoginistic, unrealistic, over-the-top submission by our friend Marlboroman.

And I'll feel better for it.

The important element in these stories, is the undertone. The message being sold by stealth.

You can see it here, you can see it in Marlboroman's stories, and you can see it in Kalimaxos' small comments where an open relationship would have been OK, if she had just asked, even if the protagonist is not putting up with a betrayal. It's the underlying message that actually means something... an attempt to sell a point of view.

Too transparent for me, and I hope others see it for what it is as well.

I know this author is well regarded here, and I know he's gone onto success, but that's no excuse for this. It just... sucked... balls.

Rant over.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
He checks the site

AD Steele no longer writes here. He has become successful and published some of his works. He signed off here about 3 years ago. Pity because he was one of the best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

I love your works, I really do. This was a masterpiece, even if I felt queasy when she continually tortured him over the phone. I'm not entirely sure she really loved him if she degraded him like that over and over again.

My only real beef with this story, is that nearly every male character EXCEPT Bruce was hung like a horse. You do realize that statistically, that's impossible, right?

It actually detracts from the story itself, dulls the intrigue.

tiercenpttiercenptabout 4 years ago

a really nicely written story...but I think it would've done the same without that BIG HUNG Stephen...in detail... just name some random colleague or someone she grabbed from the streets...and her calling him while fucking.

same reaction, same emotion...which I think the Story would've delivered the same message.

with Stephen that's him being extra "good" cucked...unnecessary in my eyes tbh

Raleighman53Raleighman53about 4 years ago

Again, I cannot recall how many times I have read this story. I can only hope that DQS1 is still here to write more stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Well

You write well but I have often left bether ending in the toilet bowl.

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 4 years ago
Old Adage About Love and Hate

I like the sex calls - a novel scene that I am surprised has not been utilized in some fashion by other authors (or maybe I have not read enough stories).

The story reflects the old adage about love and hate being opposite sides of the same coin. Tiffany never cheated, although her flirtations with Steven are questionable. But Bruce abandoned her and the sex calls expressed her frustration with the man she loved.

Many commentators, particularly the many Anonymous critics, are angered that Bruce did not finally dump Tiffany. I suspect that all of them are little frustrated bullies who have small dicks and never had a good love, and thus cannot understand human nature. Humans are fallible, because none of us are perfect. We can only try to overcome our limitations.

jalbertjalbertabout 4 years ago
really

what the hell is wrong with you. take back like hell sue her ass for half her fucking money and laugh all the way to the bank

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good!

Well done as is.

DarknsDarknsabout 4 years ago
Loved it

I love the way you write and your storytelling. More please, thank you 🙏😊

zeuspmzeuspmabout 4 years ago
one of the best

really really nice

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Tiffany and Bruce

Bravo

WargamerWargamerover 4 years ago
Great story

💕 ending.

Maybe counselling might have helped after all.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 4 years ago
Tell The Judge

He should have told the judge and went to counseling. The counselor would have dealt with Tiffany's problems immediately.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

In my opinion DanielQSteele1 is one of the best writers on this site. His heroes inevitably have to deal with some pretty hurtful actions and attitudes from their wives. Makes me wonder what it would take to be TOO much. At what point does forgiveness start to look like acquiescence? What makes one husband look like he is strong enough to forgive and the next one just look like he is too weak to say NO and mean it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I don't know why so much bitching.....

This is one of the best stories I've read in a long time. Only read it about a half dozen times over the years. It's sad this author stopped writing. One of the best in this category. FIVE STARS

management91399management91399over 4 years ago

Tiffany's mother is Miss Havisham from great Expectations, the great unseen hand in all this is Tiffany's asshole father who ruined his wife who in turn ruined Tiffany who's hatred for him was placed on Bruce. I almost wanted to keep Bruce celibate throughout the story to make him a little more of a perfect character. Still messy and interesting, some of the comments are right, it would have been more interesting to have her grovel to get him back BEFORE he got the job yet I read the entire story thinking he'd sell the book and hollywood would make him a millionaire with the movie rights. Nice play on what equality is or should be, very enjoyable. Thank You.

jsch1947jsch1947over 4 years ago
I liked

Good story but some dumb elements. Not taking 50% of assets in the divorce was beyond stupid. She earned that with her greed. There ain't no free lunches. (Bob Heinlein). Your endings tend to ramble. Your dialogue, storylines, characters, are some of the best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WTF??

You spent all that effort to write a story about the STUPIDEST man on the planet???

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Seen this story before

But it was different in that he wrote the GAN called the Running Shoes whilst working for the same guys...strange....I will score it the same 4

JJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Why?

Why is it that readers comments reflect on the story subject. It is not what the story is about, but the writing skills of the author.

This story was well written on a difficult plot. 5*

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
Nope

I could never take her back after the repeated calls telling me her new lover was sooo much bigger and better than me. No way. Never. Date Bit Titted Candy and be happy...

TajfaTajfaover 4 years ago

I may have commented before as this is my second reading. I actually really liked this. It is obvious he never stopped loving her and don't see how people describe him as a cuck. He divorced her because of disrespect. She didn't want divorce but it happened and he then beat up her lover without reason. She wanted to hurt him for what he did but she never stopped loving him hence the reconciliation. I do hope they talk more and share everything in a true marriage. 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
cucks get one star

and by taking the cheating whore back he is a cuck

orzysorzysover 4 years ago
WTF

In what world does this fucking compute?

If the emotional torture she inflicted on him even after they were divorced, was physical, she would have gotten the death sentence.

And he just takes her back in an instant? Because she supposedly change?

You got to be fucking kidding me

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
He is pitiful

In simple terms, a doormat. The "wife" is an abuser. Emotionally, belongs in BDSM.

johsunjohsunover 4 years ago
I've read this one before ...

And maybe even commented on it, but it must have been a long time ago because I wasn't sure what the ending was until I got to it.

Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Disregard the negatives.

I've read this three times and the ONLY problem with it is the category. I believe this belongs firmly in Romance, not LW. I've seen this play out in reality - my son and his wife exemplified the story almost word for word. It happens people. Now 15 years later they are as dedicated to each other as they were the first day of their second time around. This time they know it takes dedication and work to make a marriage stay alive, and they're doing what it takes.

Hell of a story, friend. One of the best on the site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
6 months...

... that's probably how long the second go-around lasts. Simply because with "bigger being better", he'll never be able to adjust to being a mediocre substitute for the big dick that sent her to heaven. He will resent her for it; he will never forgive for it; and ultimately it will force him to run away - again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good one....

A good story, it made me curious about the other series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
DId I Miss Something ??

She goes on a Vacation and leaves him at Home . He saw her Holding hands with another man at the airport . She refuses to Pay Her fair share of the Bills .. And Now that He is getting on his Own 2 feet again she wants to Marry Him .. No Freaking Way Should He marry Her ..

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A story has to be believeable, this one doesn't pass the smell test.

She brings a hand gun and threatens to shoot his balls off if he ever cheats on her. WTF did I miss ? He certainly didn't, on the other hand..... Then again some men are just plain pussies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well done

Probably one of the top 5 stories I've read.

lbentonlbentonover 4 years ago
my apology

hello, I owe you an apology. You are a fantastic righter. One of the best. I love your characters of Bruce and Tiffaney Davis. They are perfect the way you rote them .

The fuckwit that rote a hateful spectacle of your story. should never have been able to publish it.

I got caught up in it myself because I too cut past and right in some lines for my reading pleasure. But I would never publish it!!!!!!!!

The fuckwit had no idea of who the characters where either. Bruce isn’t some gung ho out for revenge dude…. The way I red him was, he loved his wife more than anything. She even ripped his heart out, beat him with it, threw it in front of the S,U,V. ran over it on the way to the airport. And he still loved her……. that is a real man. a man that quits or gives up on his love when something goes wrong is a wimp in my mind. Bruce stuck it out and just divorced her when she got back. no hate. That is a real man. that is someone I want to be….

Tiffany had her issues. Believe me I got that out of your story. But…. If Bruce had her served with divorce petition wile she was in Hawaii. She would have been on the next plain home. She loved Bruce. Look at eh way she reacted when she got back. Your words. “I never would have thought so, but I guess he was hurt more…” it next to killed her him leaving her.

The dude who plagiarized you didn’t have a clue…. I am sorry I got caught up in the mayhem. I did it because he did something I had done for numerous stories. I cut past and wright in some small changes. I did it to yours. but I promise they would never be published. There for me. my reading enjoyment. I added several right inns and I extended your last scene and added a epilog. I feel bad doing it. but I only shared it with three other persons and they loved it. it didn’t denture from your characters though.

I wish you continued success. I love your righting

R.L.Benton

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
UGH!!!!

Your story SUCKED on SOOOOO many levels! He's just a pathetic ass-wipe!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 4 years ago
Something makes no sense

How does a man making $40K, afford the mortgage and utilities on a $1M home? There’s just no way.

Then, how does that man remain married while the bill paying is a total mismatch? And with her constantly harping on how disappointing he was, and condescending to him. None of it makes any sense.

You’d think he’d reach the conclusion that she wasn’t “all in” much sooner.

It’s a good story, with a happy ending, but 8 years of marriage under the conditions she set... it just doesn’t work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I gave it 5'SSS

One of the better stories I have read in a LONG TIME! THANKS!!!

eh9198eh9198over 4 years ago
Wonderful story!

5 stars. Absolutely Loved it. I will say, however, her abusiveness and constant emasculation was beyond the pale, even at the end. I just don’t see the reconciliation being earned enough. Still this was fantastic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Hard to believe

The vitriol and sheer vindictiveness of her continuing insults, disdain, disrespect and out and out abusiveness is hard to believe and then Bruce still succumbs to her manipulation!!! Where is Bruce;s self respect? Submerged by his demeaning love for Tiffany? She only stops her descriptive calls while in the throes of sex with Stephen, when Bruce beats her lover to a pulp and scares the shit out of her.DQS1's stories are all about the bitch wife, a long suffering husband, a lover with a monster cock which the slut wife adores and then a partial redemption of the husband, pulling himself up by his boot straps! Awful plot but well written. 4*s.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago
@lordslamdawgg

"Well then the character of Tiffany is not the live and let live girl to share the game controller with you."

You actually make it sound like Tiffany is someone any normal guy would want to be with. She's controlling, materialistic, bitter, selfish, cruel, and vindictive... and that's just her charming personality! She was basically a complete cunt.

Most men don't care if a woman has money (just like Bruce). In fact, a woman having a high-flying career isn't attractive, it makes her a poor choice for a wife! A career businesswoman will be away from home on trips abroad, will have to put long hours in to meet deadlines, and will keep putting her career ahead of her husband.

The vast majority of men want a youthful, caring, fun-loving wife, none of which apply to Tiffany. Every year those two were separated, her value as a spouse goes down dramatically. She's getting older and saggier, is now twice divorced, her personality was getting even more caustic, and she's still obsessed with her ex-lover's big cock.

By contrast, Bruce's value as a potential husband goes up considerably. He's got himself a good career now and it's easy for a man with money to land a younger wife, especially when he's proven himself to be a good father.

Bruce should have told the demented bitch to go fuck herself, then got himself a nice broody younger second wife to start a new family. That's how the story would have ended in reality, with Tiffany ending up as a bitter old cat lady, because no man would put up with all her shit. Beauty fades, and when it does, you don't want to be stuck with a toxic shrew for a wife.

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 5 years ago
Classic

So well written. Such a messed up relationship for so long- impossible to understand why they stayed together. She didn’t respect him, and he didn’t live up to her standards. Working at a Blockbuster, seriously? Amazing she stayed with him so long. But, I like happy endings so it deserves full marks.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 5 years ago
I had

never read this story. Don't know how I missed it. Very good read. Thanks for sharing. 418,000 views? Wow.....

Flar1958Flar1958almost 5 years ago
Read the story right

To Just Words

Steven is holding Kristan s hand and this is the daugther! Not Tiffany this is the wife!

If you write such a post reread before.

Otherwise secound read and 4 stars.

tizwickytizwickyalmost 5 years ago
This Version Still Stands Up Well, Butt....

I just reread this again because I love the story and I read QHM1' s recent rewrite / revision which I have enjoyed immensely! I've concluded that I love both versions the way that Bruce loves Tiffany. I'm giving a small but very significant edge to QHM1's version because of the better plot development and the more thoroughly developed characters. Kudos to both authors!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 5 years ago
Re-reading...again

Since qhml1 wrote kind of a "different universe" paean. I thought I'd re-read DQS's version again. This story is written extremely well, up to the Mrs Hamilton part enters the story. The reconciliation isn't the problem, it's the dialogue, the crappy, trite reasoning, Him forgetting/overlooking all of the evil things said and done to him is beyond the pale with me. I had mis-remembered (is that a word? it should be.) some of the story. Then there's the damn .38. It makes not one lick of sense. It adds nothing to the story. Could it be so subtle as to be a "Chekov's gun" reference somehow? Anyway that gun and the Jim Daniels reference bug me. Still, this is a brilliantly written piece of work despite my bitching about the ending.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
Interesting and you clearly thought it through.

The wife's mother is toxic. That much is clear.

I find it telling that she walked off the plane holding the coworker's hand. No wife should be doing that. It just isn't right.

Her need for a separate life clearly meant she did not understand what marriage is. I can't blame him for wanting a divorce.

Interesting story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I reread this because...

an alternative version was posted today. The is by far cleaner, better paced, and less cliche-ridden than today's rewrite. The reconciliation isn't well done, but the new version is not better....actually, it's worse because it is overwritten and filled with tired LW tropes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wasted time.

Just another pitiful RAAC story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Maybe just Maybe she has let go of her problem

The problem being Her Mother. The old bat drilled her shattered for her father into becoming an evil controlling woman and it started at an early age. Two years plus wasted between two people that were in love by a conniving venchable Bitch Her Mother. I hope she kicked her to the curb. And yes it's just a story but it happens every day in real life. If you don't like my comment on the story That's your choice. I know BEEN THERE DONE THAT BUT IT WAS THE FATHER THAT DID NOT THINK THAT I WAS GOOD ENOUGH FOR HIS DAUGHTER WHILE HE WAS SCREWING EVERYTHING HE COULD. After a while it was to late for us.

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com. ////Ron

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
Just

Another woman damaged by a bad father. Again, more baggage than Samsonite. She will never be a good partner for anyone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Stir'em Up

Wow, you sure can light a bonfire, don't people know it's a fictional story? They take things a litter personal, I guess it's like the people who get so wrapped up in their tv shows they forget what is and isn't real and insult and or attack the actors/actresses who play the characters they don't like if they happen to meet them in real life. I met the late John Quade who played the head of the biker gang in Clint Eastwood's Any Which Way movies at O'hare years ago, we flew on the same flight to Florida. Very quiet, polite man, nothing like his characters and he never really looked it on screen but he was a very large powerful guy. I expect only an idiot would screw with him and nobody did then. Although I don't agree with some of the things Bruce did and I don't think I'd take her back right away like he did, if I loved her like he did I'd take a wait and see (prove it to me) attitude and start by kicking that bitch mother to the curb. All in all a good job, and fuck'em if they can't take a joke. Signed: BTW

GymShortsGymShortsalmost 5 years ago
Tiff is a psycho

This story dragged me though 6.5 pages then had a shitty ending. No way this reunion would end well. She's not capable of changing enough, long enough. Take the arm Candy, no pun intended, marry her. Pop out a few kids of your own with her then wait for her two kids to bond with your two kids over the new babies and all have great lives as they grow up. Tiff has all the money she wants but is all alone. 3*** just because you took a lot of time to write it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A English Degree?

Who takes an English Degree? I figured this guy to be a loser through most of the story. And by anyone's standard he was a loser. Imaging working at a Blockbuster store while married to an ambitious hard working wife. Although somewhat delusional. And how many self described "writers" are out there trying to convince themselves and publishers that they can write.

Kinda a strange story, but, I enjoyed it. At least the loser finally figured out how show signs of doing something useful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good story

...with too precipitous an ending. A few more paragraphs would have made a bigger impact

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
2* Reallly?

Wimp cuck writer writes a story about a wimp cuck husband...again. Unbelievable ending. There are no likable characters. Author doesnt even understand his own characters. Tiffany is a man-hating narcissitic sociopath who loves money and power, the husband was just a sperm donor. She is also a lying cheating slut whore.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
Honesty I can't make up my mind just as your hero or wimp

4 stars as you have me disturbed. major fucked up

I hated him deciding to write not taking responsibility for family

I hated her for not at least contributing to living expenses at least 25%of house and utilities since she is paying some other expenses. Know husband and wife separate accounts but each pays half of house utilities etc rest keep separate accounts

I hated him for keeping listening to phone sex before finally hanging up

Breaking phones said after first money hard for second then a second and third?

But I gave you the 4 stars for bouncing me around like a basketball

Damn

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Not a consistent character

The story dragged me along with it and while I had a number of questions about the progression of actions or reactions by the protagonist I was finally a little satisfied when he finally left the wife. Too much drama and self flagellation through the phone calls and excessive broken cellphone period but still only mildly off. The ending though, to me, was just absurdly out of character for someone who'd taken years of abuse, demeaning and disrespect, finally extricated himself and had gotten his life into relatively good order. I'm not opposed to RAAC storylines when they make sense. I just couldn't buy it here. Good technique and writing skills but not a believable character in the end.

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60about 5 years ago
Pathetic!

All of D.Q.S.'s. male characters (husbands) are written as twisted wimps, who the h*ll listens to their Ex have sex with another man, I'm thinking Daniel is a ghost writer that is really a female, this is pitiful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Wow. This is good story. The wife in this is absolutely vile. She is pure poison. Anyone who shows sympathy for her needs a doctor's app.

3*

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitabout 5 years ago
Rereading this and it's still a fave.

The way he handles things in the beginning disgusts me because he doesn't see what a selfish prick he's being by denying his family any real financial support because he wants to be a writer....aside from that glaring example of his stupidity, this is a pretty great story.

KRD19254KRD19254about 5 years ago

On a re-read it's still a 5* with an interesting plot with an unreal Hollywood conclusion.

I really think you need to write an Epilogue to this story. Culminating with their separation when the girls go to college (as the girls see the harm of Tiffs/Gma's techings adopting their dad's values as the right values for life). But the viper in the family (Tiff's mother) just would not go away/shut-up influencing the girls against all males in general (to the point the girls would not date in high school). Bruce finally excommunicates the old hag but at a price with his girls until they get to college and see the vitriol and warped perspective their mom/Gma instilled in them. The girls begged their dad for forgiveness (that was never needed) as Bruce knew the girls would realize the truth soon enough once they got away from the the poisonous home/influences.

But with the girls of to college Tiff and Bruce drifted away finally going their own directions (after Bruce discovered tiff still had secret bank accounts just before their re-marriage ). Tiff still could not overcome her mothers misplaced teachings always looking for Bruce to leave - Tiff just hid her running shoes out of Bruce's sight. Only Tiff went to her mothers funeral.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Really Pathetic

The amount of disrespect AND contempt she shows Bruce throughout the story,is totally unacceptable for a believable RAAC.This author seems obsessed with big dicks and big breasted sluts who shamelessly proclaim their enjoyment of these cocks! In this case, Tiffany didn't have the monster tits but she loudly enjoyed Stephen's big cock and admitted it right to the end. How could Bruce accept such a woman back, as his wife?!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hmmm

I don't see how any guy could get over the torture.

And she abandoned him first.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Please , for the love of God, someone tell me....

Why the fuck is this motherfucker considered one of the 'greatest' writers out here ? His characters are one dimensional cunts with little to no redeeming qualities and there's absolutely nothing special about his prose ?

Then why the fuck do so many people kiss his ass ? Fucking why ?

I get that he infuriates people , but it's not hard to do if you're only writing about despicable trash ? Matt Moreau does the same , but he's heavily castigated but this dude gets praised , why ?

It's one of literotica's greatest mysteries as to why this writer as highly rated as he is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Pathetic

So much outrageous bullshit just for some pointless drama. He's a badass karate master, but he'll just sit and listen while he's cucked?? Your stories give us a glimpse at your real mindset and your mom has a lot to answer for. The women in your stories are just pathetic, horrible people, yet they're worshipped and always get forgiveness without earning it. It's like you try to write strong female characters, but to you strong means being a terrible person. This one was just unintelligent and shallow. Constantly projecting onto Bruce. Bitching about him walking out because she can't face the fact that she did first. Calling him a coward because she can't accept her own cowardice. This isn't anywhere near a 5 star story. You don't deserve points for proper spelling and punctuation, this isn't creative writing class. People tend to stick to what they know, so maybe you're just a horrible person writing about horrible people. I feel sorry for you because of your delusional view of people in general. So sad...

texxmantexxmanover 5 years ago
Sad

First I’ll say this was well written. Great job.

Sadly messed up though. Tiffany never seemed to fully grasp that she was at fault: not invested in her marriage,disrespectful to her husband, leaving him, and cheating. For the latter I don’t care if Steve didn’t fuck her, they obviously at least willingly kissed. And to throw insult after she describes how big and awesome Steve is.

As Bruce I may always love her, but I’d never get past that.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 5 years ago
@ justbobkc (respectfully)

Unlike your assessment, I do hold out a fair amount of hope for Bruce and Tiffany's prospects as a long term couple , although they definitely need to be cognizant of each others flashpoints in a way they were blind to the first time around . Although a skilled marriage counselor might well be necessary to assure the reunion truly cementing.

One thing thing that makes me say that is post apocalyptic reunion twist she turned to Bruce and said " you left me without warning " . Make no mistake Tiffany is not a fully balanced individual and is a half pint low on empathy on her best day.

So why would this regrafting of hearts and soul take ?

Tiffany has been humbled in multiple ways since their parting . She paired off with Stephen who had laudable qualities in addition to his outsized penis and her 2nd marriage came and went in blink of an eye . She is high performance but also high maintenance as a woman . Men of her ilk are looking for a partner who will support THEIR power plays and schemes , not a competitor .

Bruce , by way of contrast , is laid back in a vocational sense . He does the lucrative commercial writing with ease and doesn't measure himself by amount of zeroes on, his tax return.

One quality that Bruce has that she no doubt found lacking in the single scene is integrity. He didn't make the faintest attempt to reach into her wallet at the divorce . He didn't earn it and his core values didn't sanction that money grab just because it was legal.

Tiffany was pretty deluded at time of disclosing the Hawaii trip that excluded him , but not Stephen. She thought she was such hot stuff, that their house was so fancy and that he would never give up day to day access to kids. Bruce disabused her of that notion in a singularlly abrupt and non-compromising way.

He showed her if she disrespected him with the cursing , the thwarted physical assaults , the associating with non marriage respecting lotharios - he would leave her flat and would reject any and all counseling and compromise until they.shared their material goods and reciprocated mutual trust . It blew her mind because she KNEW Bruce loved her and yet absolutely would not accept her tyrannical and despotic behavior.

Tiffany had to learn the hard way, literally the 7 stages of acceptance of which the first is anger which was unleashed in those phone calls . In the end she saw Bruce unfold and become the best version of himself . He attracted a beautiful woman even with the moderate wages of Blockbuster manager . She saw Candy was about to make her play and prempted it with her proposal.

So why should Bruce trust her and return outside of being with kids ? First of all Tiffany is a great piece of ass . Second of all Tiffany has a achievement motor in her that is wondrous to behold entirely outside of her appearance.

Bruce is inspired by being with her in way the busty heiress or Candy the receptionist could never do. He respects Tiffany's compulsive drive to excel and shine. Most women would have been very content with the Bruce whose sole source of income stemmed from Blockbuster.

He aspired to write next great American novel yet at start of story wasted time playing video games. He had gotten placid and dormant in vocational sense when he KNEW right from start of their meeting that Tiffany cut no corners in pursuit of achievement . Bruce was aware there would be a reckoning and yet he dithered time away.

In a way their disparate, relative drives and strengths complete each other as a couple . They are far more balanced as that couple then they are as individuals. The core sexual attraction was there from start .

What is NOW in place is that Tiffany realizes she is not indispensable, that Bruce has qualities, physically, emotionally and now on career level very desirable to other women . If she disrespects him again - she will be replaced.

I see Bruce quitting the Blockbuster gig to concentrate on aforementioned far more lucrative commercial writing job , now daily husband/father duties, novel writing and staying proficient at martial arts. Tiffany and her self discipline and drive is a unique muse to him as he looks for inspiration in those demanding ventures.

They now make a lot of money 💰 together. This is a good thing because it would be very wise to find top notch marriage counseling to maintain and enhance their marital communication skills.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Just another heartless cheating CUNT and a sissy loser husband story

Pathetic!

justbobkcjustbobkcover 5 years ago
Rereading

Still a 5 star story and on my favorites list, but I find the ending inline more with a 1950's Hollywood romantic ending.

They made innumerable stories of "strong willed" women inevitably broken by their men - who were all "right" after all.

One classic is "The Quiet Man" with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. She didn't actually cheat on her husband, just belittled him and cut him off from sex in order to get her way and "make him a real man!"

The short story - first published in 1933 - is better than the movie and is readily available online now in the public domain.

In this day and age, though - I doubt these two actually make it as far as living happily ever after. Her ego is too big, her sexual attractiveness too great, she will be tempted by other "Steves", his laid back "failings" too different from her own basic aggressive drives and desires. Hopefully, they will manage together until their daughters are at least in college are older teens. But I think WWWM presages where this marriage also inevitably ends up. Because women, especially, are never satisfied with "good enough."

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
Like drama?

Ton of it here. I've read this story a number of times over the years. Perhaps my favorite from this author. This story is a classic example of the understanding you're lucky if you find one or two people you're compatible with in a lifetime. You could have sex with thousands of different types of people, but finding someone who gets you and you get them beyond the sex thing is so rare. Good read. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
One of the best RAAC's on Lit

And I don't like RAAC's. But this was well done. Good writing, good dialogue and entertaining to boot. I've read it several times and I always enjoy it. But there's always a part of me that wants him to screw her in the end. With witnesses aplenty, I want him to have her arrested for brandishing a weapon, get her disbarred and successfully sue for custody of the kids with her paying alimony and child support thru her nose. But that's just me being mean. Great story. Well done! Again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This Story

Not sure how many times I’ve read this story, at least once a year, probably more. Bruce and Tiffany. He works at blockbuster and writes and dreams. She works for a corporation and is a pragmatist. What’s her dream? To make 7 figures? Kid is the President? Or be proud of her husband from purely a financial point of view? We’ll never know because she doesn’t even pass the salt. This story is so good, oh how I hate them. He won’t conform and she won’t bend. He’s a good husband and father but doesn’t make much money, always the unobtainable. I want him to restore classic cars on the side and the week she leaves is the week of the car show. I want him to be contacted by a publisher and this weekend is signing of the deal. Tiffany and Bruce. Looking at the comments, There are very few people only read this story once. I feel like I could teach an English 108 class on this short story of Bruce and Tiffany. Oh how I loathe them.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Too much of that LSD?

You are a complete idiot.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 5 years ago
@ last comment

Tiffany was a indeed " a complete bitch " if you accept a MEDIOCRE barely middle management job and go thru life getting by on a fraction of your potential . She asked nothing of Bruce , she didn't demand of herself.

Do you make 40k when with a diligent new job search and application of inherent talent , you could be making 200 k but you choose to play video games ? Well then the character of Tiffany is not the live and let live girl to share the game controller with you. No time for playstation when you crush life as she does .

Sorry to upset you . Go play Fortnite or Grand Theft Auto you'll be " ok".

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I only see one issue

If he'd recorded the conversations, generated/recorded information on the affair between her and Stephen- and a copy of the "Vacation" airline tickets and stuff? It'd be a slam-dunk for an "Alienation of Affliction" lawsuit. Tiff's coworkers would have known this- they never would have permitted her and Steven to go on vacation like this. A lawsuit like this? Gets out to their clients? Don't think so,,,,

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

Tiffany was a complete bitch. Going on holiday for a month with another guy who was hitting on her constantly would push any husband to get a divorce. Bruce warned her he'd leave her if she went, but she did it anyway. He should have had her served the first week she was there.

The reconciliation was ludicrous after her phone sex calls and taunting her husband about her lover's huge cock. There's no way any man would take back a cunt like that.

This story would have been a lot stronger if she hadn't immediately started fucking Stephen. Her husband leaving her and asking for nothing in the divorce was basically him saying that she made him so unhappy, he was willing to throw away a million dollars just to be free of her. Tiffany should have been shocked into changing her ways and winning him back... not start jumping on the biggest cocks she could find.

That would have made a reconciliation believable, given Tiffany some real character growth and actually make her likeable by the end. Instead, she finishes this story as a vindictive, slutty, psychotically jealous size queen. Yuck...

KirkelKirkelover 5 years ago
Favorite

Of all your stories, this is my favorite... more p

lease

cordialddcordialddover 5 years ago
she is a vulture.

hard to picture her not staying a vulture even though she says she wants to change. Bruce is accepting the carnage...

Read this for about the sixth time. Enjoy the chsracters and and their interactions. Great job.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 5 years ago
Thou Shall Not Be Half-Assed : Terraforming Your Best Life ( & Wife )

Its simple . Bruce was a very decent fellow by " most " standards . BUT he knowingly married a gorgeous woman who had issues and also decided strengths . Tiffany did not settle for mediocrity in material and fiscal facets . Bruce KNEW this all beforehand . When you have a woman like Tiffany, you do not get to play videogames and be content performing at a fraction of your potential .

To me, being married to woman like Tiffany is like buying a high performance vintage Posche coupe. This is a high performance machine that if not properly and conscientiously maintained will lead to very untenable situation. The introduction had Bruce asleep at the wheel . This is not 50/50 relationship and that's fine .Bruce woke up and unfolded to his best self . You can buy a Accura, Kia and it will do a great job in terms, of getting you to worker bee job every day . But it is not a vehicle to attract envious stares and its decidedly not exotic and exciting.

Bottom Line : Suum cuique aka to each their own . Bruce wasn't content settling for a woman that would settle for a Blockbuster management flack (, very endangered species btw, lol ) . He knows what he's getting into. Tiffany can be a day at the beach as long but be prepared to be able to ante up for first class tickets. She can do that herself with ease and expects no less of her man.

Paupers and anon haters need not apply.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Flaws

Full of flaws,how come the law firm got off the plane when they were never there in the first place.She would have married Steven,she rings her ex husband whilst having sex,but how come she has the new numbers of his second and third phones after he broke the first two.No reason givengiven for Steven walking out.Bruce is supposed to see his daughters each week ,but doesn't know Steven as been missing two months.If T iffany was married for eighteen months she must have been seeing the new husband whilst Steven was shagging her and did they sign a prenuptial agreement.?Finally how did she know they were throwing a party for Bruce and where it was?.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Way

too damn late. Hell with that bitch.

Tootight1Tootight1over 5 years ago
Loved it

I cant think of a reason it wouldn't work out. He was right, in that she had to figure it out herself, and she did.

carvohicarvohiover 5 years ago
Oh my...

I read this years ago, and couldn't believe I never left a comment. So here goes...

The divorce was never over money, it was over respect. The thing that triggered the divorce was her vacation to Hawaii, hence the title. These were two confused, but considering the limited space, very real people. I had compassion for both.

This is a true classic, a great story. Had it been introduced a year or two ago when it seems better stories suddenly started to get unrealistically high scores considering the genre it makes one wonder just how legitimate the impossibly high scores tabulated in the new "Honor Roll" really are.

Then the real worth of a great story might be more appropriately reckoned by the comments, not necessarily the number of comments, but the quality of named, not anonymous comments.

Then D.Q.S. consistently makes the reader believe he is telling something that might have actually happened, this is especially true of his lengthy tale "When We Were Married".

And alas last, the stories by the real old timers, people like D.Q.S., Rehnquist, Francis MacComber, J.P.B., Troubadore, Josephus, Ohio, H.D.K., and yes Matt Moreau I'm afraid aren't being read anymore. That's too bad.

The newer stuff is all quite good but I believe the real gems are buried in the past. Too bad, just too too bad.

Jedd Clampett (carvohi)

notredame43notredame43over 5 years ago
god this was bad

NO way in hell do you go BACK to a cunt like this. Im sorry but she has issues from her mommy and daddy, see a shrink. She leaves her husband home because he cant pay for a vacation, yet if it was the husband leaving her he'd be called every name in the book(and rightly so) then she calls him when shes fucking the other guy after they split. Yeah I think that seals it, and deserves a punch or a slap. She is a cunt, lower than a female and def no woman or lady). god this read like a moreau tale does, and I only read two of his garbage before putting that on the ignore list. 1 star

daubergirldaubergirlover 5 years ago
Love

True love never let's go. I have the love of my life that I will always have because we make it a whole person. He's the best thing I have ever had. I don't only love him l am in love and lust with him. I hope you have finally found it out

It was a great story

Daubergirl

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Was this dross supposed to be a story?

The characters were caricatures, the worst being the mother in law, closely followed by the wife.

This author writes some of the most dreadful nonsense yet people blow smoke up his/her arse.

The writing is not good ar all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
It's flat amazing.

DQS1 is rightly regarded as being among the best on this site. Matt Moreau is probably castigated and reviled as much or more as any other author around. This is a great DQS1 story, but it's a very Matt Moreau plot.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Reading Again

I hadn't planned on reading this again, came to look at it after the story with the same title. After looking at the comments I STILL wasn't planning on reading, but I wanted to check out the beginning to compare how the "separate vacations" figured into each story, and ended up reading the whole thing.

I approached the ending with trepidation, as I didn't remember it, and was expecting some sort of a RAAC, though that may seem odd after a two-year divorce!

I'm happy with the ending, mainly because HE is, but a few things still bug me. In no particular order:

The idea, that she apparently still holds, that expecting her to pay her fair share of expenses is somehow "owning" her. I don't even have a problem with her having her OWN money, but that shouldn't preclude her making a sizable deposit into a household account.

Although she admits that she screwed up, she never REALLY apologized!

When they had their one-night-stand she still had to throw Stephen in his face. Even if it was a lie, she should have told him the things she had said on the phone weren't true, that she just said them to hurt him, or at least not continue saying how much bigger and better he was.

If the sexes were reversed would his actions have been tolerated by anyone? I know it was needed for the story, but I wonder what would have happened if he took her to family court to demand that she contribute more to the household.

1...45678...13
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous