All Comments on 'Separating Factors'

by curious2c

Sort by:
  • 229 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

Decent writing, pacing, and dialogue. However, such a ridiculous plot. The husband works his ass off so hus wife can quit if she likes. However, she feels obligated to date this pussy hound for fear of possibly losing her job? Makea no sense. Regardless, Paige is a shit wife putting her husband through all that emotional turmoil and bellittling him at work and not defending him. He could drfinitely do better than her sorry ass.

nestorb30nestorb3021 days ago

Look not saying he should divorce her, but Paige put him through a ton of shit, for what? Then he just forgives her.... not very realistic 😕

LanmandragonLanmandragonabout 2 months ago

All the BTB specialists are bitterly disappointed, I see, but it is nice to read a story where real people deal with their problems! The specialists with their absolute values are way off the reality of life anyway, let them chant all they like.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

She was too selfish!

NoBullAlNoBullAl4 months ago

Just the usual type of BS story that is currently favoured by today’s LW authors…. A loving but weak willed and not very smart husband allows himself to be bullied by a ME, ME, only ME type of foolish, selfish wife!! From there we end up with a weak and usual RAAC story!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The MC was a clueless moron with a self-centred wife who preferred gossip and guesswork from "friends" rather than talking to her husband.

The husband was "lucky stupid". He knew she was having some kind of problem and not thinking clearly yet he gave her months of free rein totally unsupervised (it could have been done surreptitiously as his brother showed) to be at the mercy of a predator he was well aware of.

How lucky she turned up at the same restaurant so he could finally dive in to the rescue. What if lover boy had taken her elsewhere and had prepared for her reluctance with a ready supply of alcohol (maybe with something in it)? Who would rescue her then?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

"What? No. No dating by either of us. We need to remain faithful to each other during this time."

Uh, yeah the deal was no dating and she dated the guy. Does Carl get a break to find “himself”? Maybe he wants to figure out if he’d prefer to dump the old ball and chain and trade her in for a younger sexier model. A more likely scenario. Frankly would a spouse really want to stay with a partner that wanted six months to decide if they wanted to stay in the relationship? He should have divorced her immediately.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Though it worked out in the end, the wife was still a selfish, self-centered moron, bitch!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Needs to be much better, how fucking is the MC, 3 months and he hasn’t got a tail on her? Moron!

lujon2019lujon20199 months ago

Aww isnt that nice the whore got to reap the rewards of the cucks hard work and still get her asshole fingered in public in front of her husband

AllNigherAllNigher10 months ago

So not only did she agree to a date with her boss, she cancelled her date with her husband to do it. Granted she fought him out but that wouldn't be a easy to get over as the story showed. It was like a non issue one he punched the guy out.

Weird story

..

RzcanuckRzcanuck10 months ago

Not that good. All that torment and then it's okay. Needs a better ending.

koguykoguy10 months ago

Another suck story he should divorce the whore

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

No way. As soon as she says "separate" I say divorce. If and when we decide to try again we would be staring all over. But no way would I actually start over. Once and done.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 1 year ago

Hall of fame bad here, hard to conceive anything could be worse…

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Pussy

pugg6963pugg6963about 1 year ago

Never get married to a flake. Period.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Should of dumped her. She is not trustworthy. Any life partner or spouse that treats you that way does not deserve a second chance.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

Blah, blah, blah. Just say yes, move the money out of the country and ghost her.

MarkTwineMarkTwineabout 1 year ago

That just might be the biggest stinking pile of dog shit on this web site. Both the main characters are brain dead. She lets her work friend convince her that her husband is ignoring her. He takes relationship advice from a PI he just met and who doesn’t know either of them. I feel like I lost major IQ points just from reading this garbage.

MarkTwineMarkTwineabout 1 year ago

Perhaps the very worst story ever written. If you took a hundred monkeys and had them bang random keys on typewriters, there would write a better story.

JRandyJJRandyJabout 1 year ago

You MC was a stupid idiot, men are not that stupid. I guarantee nine out of ten men would have started divorce procedures as soon as she left or at least kept tabs on the spouse. 3*

TracklTracklabout 1 year ago

So he operates a business, and its a successful one, cause selling it could settle him for the rest of his life, it means money isnt an issue, and he has brains.

But at the same time, he acts like a total idiot. He made them sign a prenup, but didn't though about a PI? How does it work? He is smart when he is professional, and turns into idiot in personal matters?

And her date, jeez, thats a total end of story. Yeah, she didn't went full course, but in her current marriage status, it was as well if she was looking for a substitute.

2/5

Moonbat74Moonbat74about 1 year ago

She gave zero reasons for Carl to take her back. Why would anyone? What a slag.

lukeey90lukeey90about 1 year ago

A wimp..a desperate wimp...im sure Paige now know she can get away with everything because her husband is desperate.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Dave and Carl appear to be well off. With that money and the American court system there was never any danger of Carl doing time. I would have divorced straight off, Carl was building the company for them. Isn’t your partner supposed to support u? Well written I thought. Not sure I like but hey.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Pretty well written but it ended way too quickly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

agree with immediate file for divorce. Doesn't need a full burn but let her no that separation means divorce. Maybe they get back together or maybe they don't.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Old adage doesn't make it any less true. He should have divorced her.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

This is one reason I always look at the Feedback Portal. You get to re-read old stories. Though I follow Curious2c, he hasn't posted anything since 2012. I hope he is able to post something new!

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The husband's simple assault would carry no actual time....community service, suspended sentence, etc. But, given the sexual assault ( not "harassment ", which could lead to a civil suit), NO prosecutor would pursue Charles complaint. And, yes, putting your hand up a woman's skirt when it is not wanted is sexual assault.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

husband is an idiot and a wimp to boot. Let his wife walk all over him because she had to "figure out what she really wanted?" Sorry, marriage doesn't work that way and he is a fool to not divorce her skank ass and get as far away from this lying selfish slut before she ruins him for good. Or, he could have tied her to a chair in the bedroom and fucked some hot young piece of ass while he tried to figure himself out!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Date plus hand on ass

Over

She could have yelled screaming etc

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The agreement was that neither one would date. I like his intervention. It shouldn't be criminalized

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

Should have dumped her immediately

xtc5xtc5about 1 year ago

I like the story, but couldn't get over the fact that the husband was fine with her going on a date after saying there would be NO dating by either of them. Also she didn't say she was cutting off sex as they would be dating once a month in part because of their libido. I still gave the story 4*.

Thanks for sharing your work

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 1 year ago

What was she going to learn in 6 months alone? He should have made more of an effort to get counseling or at least spend some serious time talking through their problems. Neither is worth talking about as people or characters in a worthwhile story. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She wanted a 6mo separation to find herself, with only monthly "dates" with her husband. First off, he should've insisted on seeing somebody, as she's not talking to her husband. IF he does agree on any separation, it's only 2 months, not 6. As they saw the lawyer, hubby should say that the separation becomes divorce if she's not back then.

.... It's also stated that somebody in the office's talking to him & giving him info that's possibly exaggerated. In the story, he never mentioned that. Nor, after 2 disasterous dates, they won't be meeting again if she's not talking TO him. Of course, that would've made that time where he beat her date non existent. But by then, it's over the 2mo separation he gave her.

... Lastly, he never thought of hiring a PI? Not that he couldn't afford it, he never thought of it! She suddenly tells him of the separation, already has someplace to live, doesn't tell him what's wrong, and he doesn't think to have somebody to follow her? Book & work smarts don't lead to common sense. 4 stars on an interesting (overall) & well written story. Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She did the crime, she should have paid for that with a divorce. Disrespect and lying killed them.

KRD19254KRD19254about 1 year ago

Nope, wrong ending and I'm not into the BTB or against RAAC. But Paige REFUSED to talk to her husband and she forced the separation and then willfully tested the dating waters. Paige ONLY relied on office-gossip-mongers for advice and not family/Brenda. Paige refused Carl's request for counseling/help.

\

Page wanted out and was willing to put Carl through hell to get what SHE wanted, the princess syndrome. She was pushing Carl to seek the divorce so she could by the wronged martyr with clean skirts.

\

No where in this story was Paige's problems mentioned/covered; why only a separation could fix her imaginary relationship issues?!?

\

Carl's problem is he thinks with his little head. By Paige's methods and actions BROKE the TRUST. No kids after ~9yrs marriage? Why bother being married if not for a family?

\

2.9*** Hooyah, but could have been so much more, this RAAC stinks....

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 1 year ago

She was deceitful and he forgave her easily. Should've stayed separated

Hiram325Hiram325about 1 year ago

Fuck her, idiot woman. Carl the Simp could do one hell of a lot better than some pathologically confused, emotionally unavailable twat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I was conflicted while reading the story. I guess there was a loss of reality with a 6 month separation for no reason other than inner emotions. To me him demanding her having 6 month canceling or divorce would of been a better response.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He should have divorced her, so tired of the "I need to figure out myself" bullshit. You can do that while still in a relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

have a special place for your fellow nutless men huh.

OPrimeOPrimeover 1 year ago

Carl's a wimp. When she said separation he should have said divorce!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Of course, we were just friends. Oh, that bruise on my throat? It's ahhhhh, a... ahhh... mosquito bite! Yeah, it's just a mosquito bite that I scratched!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Stupid story, stupid author!

Ocker53Ocker53almost 2 years ago

The wife is an idiot and a slut and the husbands is brain dead moron⭐️⭐️⭐️

Martyr2002Martyr2002almost 2 years ago

She cheated on her husband, full stop. Dating someone other than your spouse is cheating. He deserves a wife with a functional brain and an understanding of fidelity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

She deserved to be divorced for causing her husband so much unnecessary pain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This husband is a complete wimp, like all the other husbands in these stories. I think the author must be female. So we've got a wife in this story who whines that she's not getting enough attention from her hardworking husband. She refuses to mention she has a narcissistic need to be babied and petted.

.

So she moves out, still pouting while being encouraged by the shrews she works with, still refusing to tell her husband what's wrong, but expecting him to come crawling and begging for her to come home. After a while, she decides the best thing to do is to start dating other men.

.

She's too stupid to mess with: dump her before your company gets big. Find someone intelligent who's able to act like an adult, not a small child that needs to held in your lap.

.

Gawd, you write stupid women and wimpy men. Glad I don't live in your world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Horrible.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 2 years ago

What reality is this supposed to be?

bigurnbigurnalmost 3 years ago

What a crock ! Another story about a fool of a man and a selfish bitch of a woman. No man could be that naive.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
NFW!

Me, I'd of started the divorce as-soon-as she walked out the door when she left to go, "find herself".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good well written story. In real life if a marriage has reached this stage then divorce is almost inevitable.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

stupid story line - I hate it.

Rancher46Rancher46about 3 years ago

Great drama for this marriage and since she was pressured into the date or loose her job and did not sleep with the jerk I would say that a reconciliation was ok. Good read 4 stars

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 3 years ago

She should have found herself on the street. She did everything wrong and her sap of a husband took her back. What will happen next time?

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Good story

After reading a few comments, I almost skipped it. It turned out to be a pretty good story. I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Find Herself?

So how'd she lose herself in the first place, eh? Is loosing yourself like loosing your car keys? and it take six months to find yourself again.

Shit, that women couldn't find her ass with both hands, a flashlight, a map and 6 months to look for it. She was looking to leave her marriage and wanted freedom for six months to explore her options. The dating once a month was pure feminine bullshit to string him along while she figured out her exit plan.

Husband should have just divorced her especially after her breaking the separation agreement by going on a date. No need to let her get you into the "pick me" dance just so she can get some ego kibble to make her feel better about herself. Self identify and self assurance comes from within and not looking for others to validate your value as an individual.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

What a pair of prized idiots. The truth is they would’ve divorced.

Scores 2/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The best aspect of this story is no mention of children

I have concern for neither the husband or wife in this story. There is practically nothing to admire about either of them. To be a young child of this marriage would be torture. Thankfully we were spared bearing witness that horror.

Hopefully they both retire and live in seclusion for the rest of their self centered, meaningless lives.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
A LOT OF SOMETIMES

when confessing to the counselor but at what cost. TK U MLJ LV NV

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
Good story, but...

...what is it with these wives who listen to their friends too much? And they are afraid to stand up for their marriage when some boss starts hitting on them? How weak can they get? Do they have no spine? Are they just gutless and pushed around by every catty half-ass "friend" they have? I ask because I've known a few and they aren't worth a dime.

NoBullAlNoBullAlabout 4 years ago
Really!! She needs SIX months to “FIND HERSELF”??

At least he has enough sense to get an agreement signed but then he just lets everything go to hell. First date is hell second is worse! Time to give the bitch a solid kick in the ass! File for divorce... either she moves or she doesn’t... problem solved either way!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
At home things were difficult for a time. Our counseling opened up some things that I hadn't been aware of

like that I was a spineless piece of shit cuck

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Separation?

Quit kidding yourself and just divorce. Paige had a screw loose or two. No amount of marriage counseling can fix that crazy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What kind of female thinking is: We should separate so I can find myself!

What kind of bullshit is that? The wife moves out and is only willing to date her husband once a month but she has contact with her boyfriend for the rest of the month! Then for her third monthly meeting she cancels her monthly date with her husband to go out with her boyfriend. I would have presented the wife with divorce papers to smarten her up! This wife deserves to divorced based on her actions.

calflashcalflashover 4 years ago
her reasons

Her reasons for the separation were never revealed. They seemed to have had a good marriage and (at least on the surface) no plans on her part to "experiment" which begs the question: Why?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A bit scant...

...on detail in important parts of the story. Gave it 2 stars but it had the potential to be much better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Separations

Are yuppy feminist ego trips.

How can any issue in a marriage be solved by living apart and not talking? If your roof is leaking you don't move and ignore it, hoping for the best.

Trial separations are for one thing, and one thing only. They are an excuse for women to "See what else is on offer", guilt free, while still having a fall back plan, a safety net if you will. "Good ole hubby will be sitting there waiting patiently, if I can't find a new guy I like better".

You'll note that men never ask for a separation, they just leave. Women always like to have a safety net behind them.

Separations are the height of selfishness. I want to be alone. I want to see if I want to stay with you. I want to see if I can find anything better. Me, me, me... No thought of US. No thought or consideration give to the husband, just “Wait here, and I'll let you know, when I decide if I have a use for you, whenever that may be”.

No marital issue has EVER been solved by a separation. You cannot fix something if you refuse to even discuss it, or even give a clue as to what that issue is. It's like going to the doctor and saying "Doctor, I feel unwell. I won't tell you my symptoms, or answer any questions. I want no tests. I'll be back in 6 months for a cure”.

If she wants to find herself, tell her there will be no separation, that you are filing for divorce in the morning. See how fast she finds herself then! If she still wants a separation then, file anyway, because she just wants to cheat on you, while telling herself it's ok, because "I'm on a break from my wedding vows".

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What can I say

This husband had a lot more patience than I would of had . First their would not of been a seperation unless there was weekly counseling . I said weekly counseling

since I would neverbof agreed to less than weekly date nights . Oh and yes I would not need a brother to hire a P.I. .But then this is after all just a story isn't it ?

ctdansctdansalmost 5 years ago
I wonder about the business

If he had a way to protect his business that was so close to being where he wanted it for retirement would he had said no to the separation and had gone straight for divorce on day one?

He loved his wife but he commented that a divorce would kill the business.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I liked it

If I recall a lot of what happened with her at work was unknown to him. So he had no idea about people thinking he was bad in bed, poor husband , wimp, etc. So he loves his wife and when she wants back, in his eyes other than the date why not?

For me, the separation alone would be a deal breaker. Once she said separation damage is done big time. If she would not go to counseling then it would be divorce. If she wants back maybe we start all over doing but if she goes on a date then no RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
ANOTHER BULLSHIT STORY

I'm done with your stupid bullshit stories!

OPrimeOPrimeabout 5 years ago
He took her back?

Seriously, is the guy insane. Out on a date with another guy and he isn't having her served. Change the locks and file. He should have done that the first day after she moved out!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

If he was good enough at business to get rich and retire early, he is smart enough to know this wife is a bad risk and bad investment. Get the divorce.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 5 years ago
The beginning of the end.

The female lead in this story was not likeable. She was a centered woman who demonstrated by her actions she was unworthy of her husband's affection, trust, and loyalty. Very well written and worth the time to read. Thanks for sharing author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Hate

All of you guys that want to see marriages go up I'm flames, have apparently never been in love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nope

Nobody wants to be married to a dingbat. Dump this cow because the stupidity is just getting started. Six months to "find herself"? Seriously? Well here's where she can find herself; In court, looking crazy while the judge decides who gets what in the divorce.

Ridiculous story about a wimp husband and a cheating wife.

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
WHO NEEDS ENEMIES

when you have friends and co-workers, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Horseshit

She wants to find herself? Well give her a divorce and let her find herself. Just don't do it in her husbands face while pulling his chain. This husband is the typical MM husband. No balls. Horrible story.

cybojicybojiover 5 years ago
Seperated with no reason

Yes, this would mean the end. No question. Fin....5

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
THE WOES OF A SERIAL CUCK -SISSY BITCHBOY.

Do not breed more weak cuck and cuckquene offspring.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 5 years ago
Simply put:

He's a simp.

She's a headcase.

They're going to have some pretty fucked-up kids.

At least it was well written. But man, do I detest every single character in this.

You've done better, author. And I have no doubt you already know that. ★★★

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
Curious to c...uck?

Pure bullshit. Fucking hell, where are all the guys with fucking backbones on Lit?!

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
Skank.

Not misunderstood. Skank.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Cuck cuck cuck shit

Oh honey please come back. What you can't see because you have a date. That's okay. I love you. Please come back. Crikey. What drivel.

My ending. Let her come back for one nigt. Forcibly ass fuck her as pentance. Then kick her silly arse out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Complete bullshit

She could have been getting gang banged at work and the PI wouldn't have known. He should have divorced her for abandonment. This was one of the worst RAAC's EVER!

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Marriage Counseling Is A Joke

Marriage counselors are always wanting to save a marriage for the wife. The husband is always at fault. He is expected to eat shit and enjoy it. All of her infidelities are to be forgiven and forgotten. The husband should even work with her while she continues to see another man or men. Divorce court judges are the biggest pimps in the area. I would never vote to convict a husband for killing his cheating wife or her lover(s).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
wimps

Simply put; all your male story characters are gutless wimps. I'm not going to bother with reading any more of your stories. I prefer husbands with backbone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Cunt!

Should have divorced her sorry ass as soon as she started this shit!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Sorry, she’s history

I could not ever trust her again. What if she decides she needs to find herself bored again in time....and needing to find herself again the next time some asshole says hi to her. Nope...she can do all that single

OPrimeOPrimeabout 6 years ago
Humph!

Don't think I could love some one enough to let them do what she did and then ask her to come home.

I would need more time to think about why I would need someone who bad mouths me at work, someone I couldn't trust, and is a selfish shit to boot!

Oh no, not with about 3.5 billion other women on earth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Therapy

"I don't want, or need to tell my issues to someone else." Except for my co-workers. Not my spouse, certainly.

1. A councelor has heard worse, much worse than anything that you have to say. If you confess murder, it might make their top ten. More importantly, a councelor will not remain in your life, like your friends will. By this I want to remind you that things that you say to friends will haunt you for life. Also, while you may forgive your spouse for any wrongdoing your friends never will. At the end of the story she's back with the husband but many of the folks at work still think that he can't get it up (why else did she start dating?)

2. Theirs were everyday marital problems, nothing at all unusual. A trained therapist would have moved the process along much more quickly. They have seen it before.

3. Not wanting to see a professional can be a fairly good sign that lack of communication is much of the problem. Another sign is the fact that he didn't know that anything was wrong until she revealed that she was moving out. Its kind of like trying to improve someone's job performance by just calling them in and firing them. In this story, the wife tried to fix the lack of communication by isolating the spouses from each other (how smart is that?).

4. She seemed upset about their dates that he really hadn't spent the prior month working on the problems of their marriage. The ones that she wouldn't reveal to him.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 6 years ago
good story 5*

felt a bit rushed to me though, not enough dialouge or explanation from either side not enough emotion either and while ive no problem with reconciliation she left him coldly with no explanation other than "i need to find myself" she didn't defend her husband, went on dates with another man, all happened too fast.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
my take

Reading wife's statements, she was bad mouthing husband to colleagues at work.

They suggested separation as she had portrayed husband in such a bad light.

Discussing details of marriage with non-professional therapist or spouse is never good idea.

She admits to having numerous masturbation sessions with other guy as fantasy lover.

Then dates him twice.

If guy had been less agressive she would have soon fallen.

Demanding separation without setting up couples therapy is indication separating spouse wants out.

Your quick ''save of marriage'' did not fit rest of your story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous