All Comments on 'Separation and Anxiety'

by TCct

Sort by:
  • 192 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
fine story

Like all of your submissions, certainly hope you write more

xtchrxtchrabout 7 years ago
Good Story!

I liked this story. What more do you really need to know? I don't believe in separations for any reason. How do you fix a marriage by being apart! Why should he fight for a marriage that she already gave up on. This guy did the right thing and got rid of the 'cheater'. I always like longer, more informative stories ...but this story said it all. Thanks for a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Dan

There is still the justice for scumbag DAN . My wife cheated but she was my boys mother so I couldn't hurt her other than the Divorce . Him though. . Lets just say Revenge is very very sweet !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
life,love,&pain

life and all those things are hard. It's Harder If You're Stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A VERY SAD STORY

She-it man! Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! What a dumb bitch!

Love you all! GREG.

OH 70 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

cabbage01132cabbage01132almost 7 years ago
thats a great story 5*

i suspect alot of cheaters plead innocence because a cock never touched a pussy, when in fact emotional betrayal is in some instances worse. certainly discussing a course of action for a marriage with a greasy pussyhound is cheating.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 7 years ago
I don't know why this score isn't higher?

It's hard to write an excellent story in one page but this author has accomplished in spades. No useless background story, no hyperbole, just a well written examination of the end of a marriage.

Well done. 5* all the way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Agree with Anon

Anon who got even with his Dan is exactly like me . I couldn't hurt my kids mother either . But her boyfriend . Well I didn't do anything . But he's still suffering ten years later. And trying to hide from me . Last year he got a little visit from my sons friends just to let him know that there was nowhere in the country he could hide in . His life is miserable .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Dan Should Wind Up In A Shallow Grave

Out in a remote area of the deep woods.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Duh

A woman is a support system for a cunt. This is where this woman has her brains.

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
FAN BLOODY TASTIC FOOD AT THAT THERE RESTAURANT

Food magnificent! Story Not ! I sum it up in three letter word YUK! SORRY FOR NOT

LIKING YOUR STORY ★☆WOOF!

TCctTCctover 6 years agoAuthor
@pennydog

That's okay. I'll respond to your criticism seriously after I have had a chance to read one of your stories...(jeopardy theme).

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 6 years ago
Great story!

Second read and firmly

top ratings from me.

Both story and comments

put heavy focus on Trial Separation.

Everyone was against it.

And for the same reason.

But what if he asked for it?

Before he knew she was cheating,

of course.

Me thinking him using it as a last resort,

to get a reaction from her.

Do you think Trial Separation

is bad then?

Just a thought, lol.

Thanks TCct for a great story!

ilimitadoilimitadoabout 6 years ago
Straightforward Good!

Interesting story. He did good. She was off kilter. *S*

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
WHAT IN THE HELL ISNT?????

why is Adios so hard to comprehend. TK U MLJ LV NV

jharpjharpabout 6 years ago

In the end he made the right call. But it certainly had to be painful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
concisely accomplished

One of the better flash stories on this site.

Your protagonist was better man than I. If my wife sent me that photo everyone on our mailing list and all Dan's friends would have received it.

anonymousinblueanonymousinblueabout 6 years ago
one good ending

The epilogue was good. Overall, it felt more emotional than most stories. I think the ending is slightly too cynical but I don't disagree.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
And my dick....

.....ain't so hard....

true story

aaaaaaa5sssssss

b

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 6 years ago
Sad tale of woe.

What could the fellow do but walk away. *****

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago
something bothered me

After the comment about the waiter waiting for him to say whether or not the steak was cooked to his liking, I was looking for it. I waited. And I don't recall it happening. To this day, that waiter waits for you to tell him if the steak was cooked to your liking...

The trial separation is lazy...it would hurt not being worth the effort of sneaking around and deceiving. Damn.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Stupid Woman

She fought the divorce but sent him a photo of her sucking Dan's cock soon after the dinner?! What a stupid twat! ~~~~One thing I'd have written differently is that instead of leaving $200 on the table as he walked out,I'd have had him walk out leaving nothing but her to pay the bill.

ranec1ranec1almost 6 years ago
Mean As!!

Chur bro awesome story

FarnorthmanFarnorthmanover 5 years ago
Brilliant

I read the first story and didn't stop til I'd read them all and given each a 5. These stories were real.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
here's what really bothers me

you made the man a simp. he fought for TWO years for her. He never once in all that time started his own exit strategy.

He only cut himself off emotionally from her and lived as a monk. What a waste. If I were him, I'd have started to try what she was doing. Why cut his nose off to spite his face? He deserves some companionship. He doesn't even have to flirt with women. How about re-connect with male friends and take up a relaxing hobby?

Why do we have to see another cliche' story about another teenage addled boy in a middle aged man's body sacrifice himself for some noble ideal that literally no one else cares about. He's old! He's had time to grow. Hell, he's had time to mourn his relationship as utter trash and move on. It happened to me. Girl used me bad. Took years to get over, but not a lifetime. I felt better within MONTHS. Just dropping toxic baggage makes you happier. That alone. Took me another six months to really understand what a slime she was. To stop making excuses for her. Took two more years to forgive myself for falling for it. I wont lie and say the whole ordeal didn't jade me. But I don't pine pathetically for women and get teenage love-sick anymore. I treat all flingl/ girlfriends now without starry eyes. I earn their respect, they earn mine.

Let's be real here. He's a MAN. Men age better. I'm sure a saggy old menopausal woman can still get re-married, but she's not exactly beating them off with a stick. He's got virile sperm, he's got status, it wouldn't be very hard to have his pick of eligible females. Women have their pick when they're young. Young men and older women have very little to offer in sexual relationships. I always thought marriage was a great way to protect women in old age and push men to earn status. She was a fool for throwing it away. All modern women that leave good men are.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 5 years ago
Annony 3/6/19 reread the end

When he says he gets his ashes hauled it means he gets laid. He also says he likes to either be with his kids, grandkids and close friends. He is not a monk. He just isn't looking to have a serious relationship again. Sounds like he is doing ok for someone his age.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Single Malt

To drink a single malt Scotch "on the rocks" is to be a savage Philistine.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Great story

I enjoyed that one. I like a man who won't be played by a woman.

vickitvohiovickitvohioalmost 5 years ago
wow!

that was brutally crushing for a short story! 5* but still, I wasn't expecting such emotion. nice

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Another excellent storh! 5*****

Separations are just steps toward divorce and rarely reversed. Marriage requires trust, trust requires truth, and there was no truth in her. He had no choice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Single Makt Scotch

If you really want to savour it, you drink it neat, with just a teaspoon full of water added to bring out the flavour and the "nose". Take it or leave it!! 5*s.

sticks13sticks13over 4 years ago
Again!!!

You've done it again! You're like my personal biographer at the moment it's uncanny.

I love this story and thank you, that's all there is too it.

5 stars.

To the man who doesn't like straight Scotch on the rocks, try it.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
In minority he should have sent picture to kids etc

Caught but no punishment

Cheaters punished personal and my USMC code

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wish you delved deeper into this

I liked it but wish there was more

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Just one inconsistency

Great story! Just one inconsistency... why would she send him that picture a few days after the meal and then fight the divorce tooth and nail? Those two actions seem to be at cross purposes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
great short story

I thought that was a great flash story. Anonymous, she didn't send the picture. I'm guessing he had her followed by a PI. I'm not always so happy with the wounded martyr approach. I don't think you should burn her world to the ground, but some burning should be involved. lol she shouldn't live happily ever after. meaning her wounds shouldn't heal before his. bad behavior shouldn't be rewarded. like with her kids

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Another

Another delusional cheating bitch. I agree with JTWheels, should have given the picture to the children.

saxman1947saxman1947about 4 years ago
Upon further review....

Quoting from the story...."In response I sent her a picture of her sucking Dan's cock. She had kindly sent me the picture three days after I walked out of the restaurant."

I don't have access to the author's mind to explain why she did it, but I can see from the words in the story, she did it.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Second reading been going back through stories especially comments

Scotch on rocks or not and dash of spring water excellent

Younger did drink a lot of Jack Daniels but green label

Originally from southern Indiana on Ohio river we drank moonshine also

Did enjoy story but still never give cheating disrespectful wife break

Picture to family and friends

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
It's actually

BS though . If you are not stressed for money the single life is wonderful.

ErotFanErotFanover 3 years ago
After reading all your stories, I've decided that...

you are either a very depressed person or live in a depressing environment (marriage?).

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

Mmmm, as exciting as holding hands in a beige room

moblanemoblaneover 3 years ago
Scotch better than bourbon

I agree with 'jtwheels' on the picture to the kids etc. but give me a nice blended scotch any time over rough bourbon or cheap whiskey, and forget that Irish stuff! Johnnie Walker blue, or black being my preference, always does the job! He was well rid of Sarah, a low class tramp and poor mother, even poorer wife!

good story 5***** Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great flash

Thanks.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Again, for this story of a no nonsense man dealing with a foolish woman. Good old Lue wouldn't care much for his reaction to her little extramarital exploration. But I like it.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
why is it that the woman moves on

but the husband is inconsolable and never marries again?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well thought out, planned and executed

I think this is as close to real life as it gets. Marriages don't generally end with a gun being pulled, extramarital photos being shown, or cheaters being caught. They end with one person finding acceptance in another's arms, leading to infidelity. Spectacular story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
It's A Lot Tougher

When you are stupid:

"Marriage is hard.

Divorce is hard.

Life is hard."

Although it wasn't mentioned, I trust the picture made it's rounds. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Some people just can't under stand the pain they can cause.......

I love this guy...he put what she was doing right in front of her...and she couldn't see what she was doing was wrong...but he did what was right...this guy had balls......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
5 Stars

My First Divorce tore Me Up .. Almost as bad as Her Lawyer did . I had 1 Daughter , She took her Moms side in court . I paid My ex 50 Thou to end the divorce and that Her and My ex daughter take back her maiden name . No I did not pay for My ex daughter Wedding . Nor did I show up for it

JonDoe315JonDoe315about 3 years ago

i know these are stories but i dont get any spouse who cheats on someone they love. maybe its because i value loyalty above all but why go thru all that and not ask for a divorce? i get that its a spur of the moment thing and most probably dont go out actively looking to cheat on their spouse but wheres the respect after if happens more than once. some ppl i guess are just delusional and think no one will get hurt if no one knows which is a stupid mentality.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Loving wives don't cheat. Spouses cheat when the marriage has already failed but are to afraid to be honest and divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This story is incomplete. Wheres the rest of the story. Where was Sarah's ultimate reaction? Did she regret it?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I have read several of your stories. Although a OK read - they leave an unfulfilled feeling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Most LW writers are lazy. Writing this first part of the story is kind of easy. You do have writing skills, but you don't take time to develop your story. That's why most of the commenters (me included) feel the story is unconcluded.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Life is hard. But I honestly believe the best revenge is a life well lived, which means putting in the hard work to heal and move on from a nasty cunt like his ex wife.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Gotta love this succinct critique:

"You are a slut who hasn't spread her legs yet and you make me sick."

That line alone is enough to make this story a worthwhile read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don't give great scores to sad stories. 3*

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars - no comment

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

1* - why would you write a depressing story like this??

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Marriage is pointless.

Divorce is expensive.

Life is good, when you forego the above.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The author sounds like a bitter person and there is nothing worth reading. There should be a 0 category,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Every once in a while I drop by and give this story a 5 to make up for all the pinheads that low rate it because it is "sad" or "depressing". They should be reading comic books: not adult fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice. A realistic result for a real situation. Alls well does not always end well. Reality situations are refreshing.

ProfesseurXProfesseurXalmost 2 years ago

Very first story of you I read.

Pretty good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I'm not sure whether or not this was BTB but you pretty much hit her right between the eyes with a sledge hammer. Good shot.

Helen1899Helen1899almost 2 years ago

Wel! Worth a 5 i love this author

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

Here is a great big dose of reality that I have seen too many times: "Sarah had refused any serious attempt at trying to resolve our marital issues and rather than discuss them with me she found someone else to confide in." If I had a nickel...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Your last three lines were right on! Even for fiction, those words were truthful. Well played.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just wish it was a bit longer, exploring the beginnings of Sarah's betrayal, & the discussions during/ after the divorce, instead of a line or 2. Otherwise, good story. 4 stars. Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Although I wish this story was a bit longer, dealing mainly with conversations between Dan & Sarah, and the opening rift between Sarah & John, it was more realistic & better written than many stories I've read here. I also like your "warning" at the top; wish mainly the writers of cuck stories would do the same. That being said, I loved late in the conversation when Sarah told her husband that her wanting the separation hurt him & wasn't her intention. Fuckin' really? This story definitely deserves it's 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

After mistakenly reading this a 2nd time - not recognizing the title, but got engrossed in the story again - I stand by my earlier comments, wanting the story to be longer, especially looking a bit into the start of Sarah betrayal with Dan. Also, discussions between her & John during this time. This, I felt, was sadly missing. Sarah IS a slut for doing what she did. During the dinner, while keeping almost all the dialogue, his remarks could've been stronger to show his anger.

--- My big thing: your lack of punctuation, esp. commas. (Don't shoot; I'm a stickler on these things.) That being said, I did feel his anguish at Sarah's request of a separation to be with Dan, tho she didn't directly say that. She didn't want to hurt him? WTF did she think her request would do? On my 2nd reading, considering all that, & your story writing overall, I'm raising my rating to 5 stars. Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

True dat!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I just finished reading all of your stories. You have a uniquely thrifty way with your words which makes your stories even stronger. Keep up the good work and I look forward to more

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[08.10.22]

Great story!

Looove this bit:

"Sarah you are one bubble off plumb."

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not a bad story at all. But in my years of experience, especially in the military, I have found that there is usually something on both sides that cause a person to stray or ask for separation. While he (or anyone reading this) is on his own (and it may be for the best), they should do some self examination and ask that very question... "Where might I have gone wrong as well?"

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
I've always said

It takes a special kind of delusion for anyone to think a separation is in any way helpful in a relationship. It's usually suggested by the egocentric and selfish side of a relationship. How can you "See if I still love you" by leaving and ignoring your partner for an unspecified period of time? All the while expecting them to sit and wait, without thinking to themselves "Why should I give my love to someone that wants to be apart from us, and expects me to wait patiently for them to decide if they even like me enough to stay with me".

Asking for a separation is a cowards way of easing out of a relationship without facing the hard conversations. They want out, but don't have the courage to stand by that choice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That was a feel good story - NOT - Dan could have at least fell down some stairs or something for a little zip

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I wouldn't have left my dinner. I would have had them box it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Fair.

DreddrasDreddras12 months ago

Absolutely fine to walk away from a bad marriage. Just criminal to walk away from a good steak.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Boring

pummel187pummel18710 months ago

Marriage is not hard, no it's just some people shouldn't get married. This woman clearly had character flaws that he never saw or most likely refused to see. Don't you men see?? Women cheat because they are pigs, they feel intitled and are arrogant and are mean.

Men cheat because they have an ice cube at home or a mother instead of a wife. Now there are exceptions of course there are men who are addicted to screwing any and all

RodzzzRodzzz6 months ago

Hey husbands.....this is how a cheater should be dealt with. No phucking around.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Why didn't he immediately share her bj pic with the kids??

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

5*. Again, brevity is a winning style with you.

Bubble off plumb … lol.

You nailed it with: “ you didn't intentionally try to keep me from harm either.” That’s the crux right there. Intent or its absence! In a healthy ‘loving’ partnership the spouses try to support their partner, try to protect them from harm, try to put on a united front to outsiders; its the absence of that endeavour in support of the healthy intent which you succinctly highlight here (of course you didn’t write about mere absence or omission, in your scenario her conduct was contrary to an affirming intent).

Thank you for sharing your stories.

Jim

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This story, while not exciting, repeats itself thousands of times every day. Only differences is it plays out. For what it was, it was done well.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal1969about 1 month ago

John after seeing his ex-wife at their oldest child's home after her second divorce; "So Sarah... what have you done with the opportunity to explore your thoughts further?"

26thNC26thNCabout 1 month ago

Perfect reaction to the cheating bitch.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

As a cheated on spouse, whether emotionally or physically, there is only one way, and that is the innocent's way.

Man, if only real life was a fantasy story..

Thank you, high five to the right!

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Forward the picture of her sucking Dan's dick to the kids. Let them know all the facts.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous