All Comments on 'Serafina Joins the Local WI...'

by Leroux

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Hard to follow

Find an editor

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I'm sorry but..

I only read about half of this and I had no idea what was going on. I couldn't continue. You mistakenly said shampoo instead of champagne and that made me laugh a little.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Shampoo

Shampoo is slang for champagne.

LerouxLerouxabout 7 years agoAuthor
Hi 'anonymous user'..

Thank your for taking the time and trouble to read over my work.

Not sure what you meant by your comment 'Find an editor' .. were you suggesting that the work was poorly written/constructed? If so, as a 'newbie writer', I would welcome any constructive criticism you may have.

I'm sorry you found the story confusing... guess I need to step up my game vis-a-vis clarity of plot etc.

You were spot on with your 'shampoo' comment... when my character Victoria asked Brenda to get some out of the fridge... she was referring to champagne.. too confusing?

Thanks...

Leroux

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Is shampoo an american slang for champagne? I've never heard of that. I'm not a drinker so maybe that's why.

LerouxLerouxabout 7 years agoAuthor
I'm pretty sure it's a generic 'British' slang term for champagne AU

Don't really like champagne personally, it just seemed to suit the scene :)

LerouxLerouxabout 7 years agoAuthor
HI AU...

can I ask what you comment meant re 'Find an Editor'? Did you find the piece poorly written/poorly constructed?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous