All Comments on 'Settling Through Life'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 131 Comments (Page 2)
rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

I just read some of the comments and I have to say that you can't judge a person by his intentions, just actions. Yes, Oscar didn't want her but maybe if he did, she would have backed realizing that after 20 years of marriage she does love her husband.

We all have fantasies. Even the loyal married person's have fantacies. The question is if we act upon them.

PraetusPraetusover 1 year ago

Interesting take and good on Levi.

Honestly... if oscar HAD shown interest she'd have been out the door. Maybe she'd have regretted it but that's buyers remorse. She settled and was angry and never did anything to resolve it and consciously acted in a way that didn't pass the spouse test.

I can see how that would be a hurdle to overcome. If he went back to her would she just lose interest again? It seems she wants what she can't have.

Brutal but very well done

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 1 year ago

She turns down his proposal but when she says she's ready he's moved on. This is just her wanting something she can't have and becomes an obsession.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 1 year ago

So she hurt your feelings. Time to grow up, you big baby. She loves you and now things are out in the open you have the foundation of a great marriage. Instead you trash everything, damaging your kids, your wife and yourself. What a pussy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

@twentyseven - Why do you think she loves him? Is it because she offered her body repeatedly to another man? Is it because she has pined for another man to replace him for the entire marriage? To be blunt since you seem to be lacking a brain: There is NOTHING to indicate she loves him and everything to indicate he is just a placeholder until she can have Oscar again. Of course she's upset when he threatens to leave her. She needs him to continue to be the placeholder as Oscar has not yet agreed to let her be with him. That's not love...

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 1 year ago

I don't think he should have told the kids until he talked to Marcie. He purposely turned them against her.

LoejtcLoejtcabout 1 year ago

An excellent storyline. Don't we all have thoughts of that special person back in our youth that seemed to be the only one for us? Those memories of our youth may last a lifetime. Every so often we wonder "what if". But the mature person realizes that these are just youthful fantasies. If we look at our life objectively, we realize that our joys and sorrows, our children, our accomplishments, all occurred without our fantasy ever being a reality. We cannot ever know what our life would have been like if our fantasy ever became reality. It could have resulted in a lifetime of heartache.

Marcie never understood what she had, a family, a loving husband, a home were all accomplished without Oscar. To be willing to destroy all she had for a youthful fantasy was unforgivable treachery.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You cannot unring a bell. Even though the volume fades in memory, the moment is forever a part of your persona.

miket0422miket0422about 1 year ago

He went through with the divorce even though he never answered his own question of ... Was he afraid to forgive her?

By the end of the story he hasn't made it past a 3rd date with anyone.

Marcie was obviously a bitch and treated him like crap their entire marriage. But, with the way the author ended the story it really seems like they would both be better off together than apart.

FD45FD4512 months ago

On reread it deserves the extra star.

NitpicNitpic12 months ago
What

What an arsehole,she is better off without him?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Nitpic is a dick.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

mike0422, why would he be better with her? He'd be better off wanking to some porn than living with her.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Marcie and her therapist Elsi can go screw themselves!!

5* for involving the kids from the outset

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Loved this story. I'd like a part2 please!

Does Marcie redeem herself? Does he find his actual soulmate? I have so many questions

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Ye old cuckold virtue signal: asking if he is better off without her and then giving the cuckold answer.

StruckwrongStruckwrong10 months ago

After that long with him she offered her body to Oscar.

There is no way to trust with just that.

Never mind the unwavering devotion she showed Oscar all that time.

In fact even toward the end it's likely if Oscar had a change of heart she would be there all but instantly.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

She claims to love Levi more than she loves Oscar yet she repeatedly offered sex to Oscar. This just doesn't add up, nor does Oscar continuing to meet with her but steadfastly rebutting her advances. Something is rotten in Denmark, for sure and the only logical conclusion to come to is that she's lying through her teeth about her relationship with Oscar which then raises the equally perplexing question of why she's so desperate to remain married to Levi. Her assertion that she never physically cheated is null and void, even if it's true it's only because he declined her offers of sex but the offers were made and that's equal in magnitude to physically cheating.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Nitpic, you're such a cuck! I bet it would give you the mother of all boners if I turned up at your house, kicked you out and ordered you to stay away until I text you to let you know I've finished fucking your wife and you can come home now. What's that wet patch on the front of your pants?

OhiobenzOhiobenz6 months ago

Perfect opportunity to have a post nup and have her be the sex slave for the next 20yrs. A lot cheaper than dating, with guaranteed benefits.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Kind of a dark story but really well done. All these macho knuckleheads who are posting must be compensating for either a small member or bachelorhood or frustration from women domination. I want to keep reading your stories.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylove4 months ago

“I didn't want to disrupt the kids' lives, any more that this had already done, so Marcie continued to live in the dungeon until both graduated high school. ”

.

In a word or two… fuck that.

I have no idea what happens when that little tidbit gets shared with the court during the proceedings.

.

Way to go kids for taking sides and treating your mother like shit. It’s called battery by the way.

.

I like the psychology of Marcie’s turn around. She can’t have what is unobtainable, her husband, so that becomes the obsession.

.

She behaved badly. He pays her back and behaves badly. The kids behave badly.

.

Fuck that…

26thNC26thNC4 months ago

Again. Great story. Don’t be anybody’s plan B.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Had something worse happen to me. Nothing like your wife telling you that she's gotten what she wanted, the house and 2yo twins, and doesn't need you anymore.

Stupidly, I sold the house I already owned to jointly buy one closer to the city for her commute.

As per the norm, she got primary custody and the house.

Only thing that saved me a bit was that she earns as much as I do, so child support isn't totally killing me.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman2 months ago

interesting story and plot. left me trying to figure out how I would react.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I wonder how many marriages were similar to this back in the 40s and 50s and before. Pressure to marry young and have children. I was born in 1961 when my parents were 23.

Good story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The MC made a decision that he was better of without her. And he was right. She had always been obsessed with Oscar, after she turned down his proposal. Clearly she has mental issues. That being said I believe that she never physically cheated but certainly did offer sex to Oscar, and if he assented, she would have done it out of her perverse guilt and obsession. Oscar probably would not screw a married woman. Regardless the comments that intent is identical sin to actually doing the deed, are being silly. Yes intent factors into any crime, but saying intent is identical to committing the act, flies in the face of virtually all Western philosophy and our criminal justice system.

I was off put by the kids treating her so crappily. She had mental issues. I get why he needed a divorce. I can also understand why she us desperate to keep Levi or refuses to date other men. She realized too late what she had and that Oscar was just vindictive and playing her for a fool, and that Levi had been the real deal. Still not sure any many after 19 years would ever get past her irrational desire for another man. She needs serious counseling.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

We thought the story was good o, but sad and depressing; and a complete lack of any reasonable being beyond divorce.

Seems like two emotionally screwed up people and neither really were able to move forward - either together or separately? Seems like much more in-depth therapy was in order so both souls could move forward and eventually find some self preservation and perhaps even some mild happiness.

Both of us have experienced traumatic divorces previously and we understand the incredible pain, anger, suffering, and a complete lack of worth.

This story could have had a slightly better ending, and at least seriously needs a part II.

inka2222inka222216 days ago

@anon - the reason she "hasn't cheated" was because the guy didn't want sex with her, so basically there's literally no difference between what she did and cheating. It's like saying "It's OK that I tried to poison my husband because the poison was neutralized by his medications a bit and he survived". You still tried to poison your husband, regardless of whether you succeeded fully.

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

You can't compete with an idealized memory. In the wife's mind Oscar was perfect.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief4 days ago

This story had me worried right to the end, I think I was as nervous as Levi was that he would take Marcie back. Well played with the kids and their reaction to a cheating mother. I don't believe he turned the against her, they saw what she was and decided they didn't like it. Had to laugh a bit when they were hauling her stuff downstairs. Worked out well that they had a "dungeon" available for her to stay in while they sorted through their sham of a marriage. Got to say that there were a wide range of comments regarding this story, sure stirred up the pot. Five stars for a very interesting story.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...