All Comments on 'Seven Bad Years'

by JoshFrom53

Sort by:
  • 168 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

a great story with the possibility of redemption at the end - well worth reading to the end. well done

bobareenobobareenoalmost 2 years ago

The storyline did not make much sense. Lydia never was given any real motivation to treat her husband like shit.Too many one dimensional characters. Isaac was past the point of needing to be canonized.

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownalmost 2 years ago

Unoriginal, boring, same old same old. Still don't understand how one sees fucking up the guy she betrays with but let's give the slut a break. That equals weakness. But that seems to be the standard in the "males" here. Thankfully I won't be around to see the complete emasculation of manhood.

I'd say do better, but can you?

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 2 years ago

Josh, thanks for allowing me to assist with you story and for the nice call out at the opening notes. The editing isn’t perfect but it’s as good as or better than most stories that appear on these pages.

It’s always interesting reading a published story in comparison to the document we share during editing and in reading the resulting comments. I was glad to see so many people enjoy the story in the way it was intended, with a good many suffering and recovering after a long struggle. Anyone who complains about “Saint Isaac” probably didn’t like Edmond Dantés either. After all, Isaac sought revenge just like the good Count and the man couldn’t make a good cup of coffee to save his life either.

If there’s one part that could be improved, in hindsight I would agree that Tommie’s part in the initial accusations might have been better handled. You explained it later, how she thought they were helping the makeup artist with the portfolio, but I’m not sure if she could have seen how Isaac was being railroaded in court with speaking up. Maybe Ramsay and Lydia didn’t allow her to be in court? Whatever the case, it’s a relatively small point in the overall story.

On the positive side, Lydia was handled very well. While her initial motivation is a little murky, that’s often the case when one’s eyes wander and they look for something more, something beyond the constraints of their marital vows. The subtle shift in focus to her perspective near the end added to the story after Isaac had moved on with his newly won life and wife; there was nothing more to be added for him, but showing her pain and her realization of what she done and lost really put the cherry on top for me and made it a 5* effort. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story, well put together and edited. BTB is not normally my genre, but this one, with retribution and forgiveness works well. Interesting that most of the remarks criticising are looking for no forgiveness and more revenge - they all come from a country which tells us repeatedly how Christian it is…

mattenwmattenwalmost 2 years ago

A remarkably well-told story with a nifty plot! Your protagonists, the way you developed them, are convincing! Even the length was reasonable. Good work, thanks! 5*!!!

rbloch66rbloch66almost 2 years ago

A very enjoyable read!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Unfortunately, far too many stories here degrade from pathos to bathos.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So painfully corny. It's like pretty princess stories for grown ass men.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941almost 2 years ago

I notice that most childish demeaning comments are from anonymous sources. Please take no notice of these dimwit contributors and remember “those that can do , those that can’t criticise”. I love your story, it is somewhat out there but not over the top.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ditto to the comments about critics, professional or amateur, I enjoy what I enjoy, no input needed from them or their ilk. Good story and improved grammar, etc...

JH4FunJH4Funalmost 2 years ago
Outstanding Read (5 Stars)

I just finished reading this story. I have to say the story was so good I gave it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐. When it was first published, I saw it was 7 pages and bookmarked it. It was too long for me to read at normal computer online session as I am a slow reader, I tend to put off long stories for when I have more time to delve into them.

After I read your Death of a Marriage series on recommendation of other writer’s comments. Thank you Legio_Patria_Nostra and bdsmbill. I try to read the comments and find what other readers say about a story and its writer. You seem to get the same haters and lovers of your story telling ability. I am becoming one of the latter.

It reminded me of how much I enjoyed reading saddletramp1956's stories. While it may have been a completely different type of tell, it was one that I truly devoured and loved the story-line. Someone said on this site, "A Life Well Lived is the Best Revenge." I have to agree.

Your ability to spin a tell that creates a world where a reader can picture the the ugliness and the beauty all while enjoying a tell that is told in a wonderful manner ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ for this one. I have to add it as one of my favorites.

Thank you for telling your stories your way. have an Oude Genever and write us a new one to read.

Keep on Writing

JH4Fun

usaretusaretalmost 2 years ago

Great story, well told.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 2 years ago

Isaac did the right thing at every step, including getting Lydia sent to prison. And somehow, doing the right thing, was the perfect revenge. He could look himself in the mirror, and know he hadn’t been cruel.

Excellent story!

RanDog025RanDog025almost 2 years ago

An excellent story well told. I'd say is my #1 requirement for an Author! 5 BIG FAT BLAZING STARS and a big thank you! hopefully a Following will prove beneficial.

TheCommenterTheCommenterover 1 year ago

Just another conservative who shows their usual masochistic need to be wronged by a wife that suddenly turned into a slut (plus in this case a Sheriff) so that he can "pull himself up by the bootstraps" by using abilities no real-life conservative has ever possessed.

Poor storyline, poor characters, poor execution. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A very good absorbing story,it holds a readers attention to the end.A bit far fetched in some areas but more than acceptable fiction. It was a good read and that's what a well written tale should be.The down side you tried too hard to present him

as a too good of a good guy,that I felt hurt the story....5 stars...JZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He was down but arose and everything was better

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xover 1 year ago

Decent ideas and execution, until "Fabian and Laura".

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

At least some explanation is missing as to how the woman decided (decide) to have an affair with the sheriff. Isak is an excellent lover, successful and good, a great man, but still his wife has an affair. What, how, why?

Frank66Frank66over 1 year ago

I do love a good feel good story, where good wins out over evil and the evil doers get theirs. Second read thru here, and I see I've already commented on it and loved it the first time, too. The ones that didn't, well, they don't matter. Yes, Tommie the daughter should have made some noise at the trial, and found some way after to contact her dad, but the real distraction here is the story line about the FBI. They're actually doing some crime fighting and not just going after every Trump supporter they can find?? Come on....

redboat7redboat7over 1 year ago

Great Story!! I Loved It!! I think it would make a Great Movie!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

With great skill the author displayed the horrible results of cheating. He describes believable characters and the real life battle of good and evil, the toll that it takes even o the good and innocent, but the survivorship of the MC and his continuous working to bring good to suffering lives give hope.

I believe that readers should be able to give points to stories that bring out great social challenges and provide real solutions to social problems, whether medical (e.g. rare diseases where research is underfunded) or something like here, the plight of ex-prisoners and there be a quarterly award to the authors who do it best.

JoshFrom53, you have written a real winner. There are not enough points to give to this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lol. Ludicrous. Just...no. 1

fredbrownfredbrownover 1 year ago

Quite the tale, worth a 5 from me and I'm glad to see the author is a newby and likely to give us more of his work.

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

A good story thank you

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

A good man over came a BAD event, to do more good deeds, gaining a whole world of faithful friends. I enjoyed the read. Thanks for your writing. Look forward to more of your work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

There are discerning readers and there are those who would not recognise gold with a metal detector in hand.

Discerning readers recognize excellent fiction when they read it, and almost all such people will loudly proclaim "5".

If you are a fan of Romance, this is a must read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I hate that they're are treating her so well, couldn't they just cut the cunt's throat and be done with it. It's not like her life has any value. 1*

0ldfart0ldfartabout 1 year ago

A provocative story, one which makes the reader think how they would act in such a situation. And one which yet again brings out the bitter ignorance inherent within far too many anonymous commentators!

lerenardruselerenardruse12 months ago

A great story, well rounded characters. I will be reading through your portfolio.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Superbly written, well paced story. Five novas.

KRD19254KRD1925410 months ago

2nd read: Some minor points I'd have like to know. Was Issac's record totally expunged when it was proven he was wrongfully convicted by a corrupt court?

\

Since the DA was proven corrupt - was all his cases overturned? did the DA serve the sentenced he corrupted? And what about the Judge how hard did he get hammered? I do not recall if the Warden got nailed or not?

\

The video's would have not only shown a corrupt sheriff but also deputy's that were just as dirty. What happen to all the co-conspirators?

\

4.75***** Hooyah, salutes

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A fairly complete and satisfying story with a good ending, though I like others would have liked more detail of the evil doers punishment (Sheriff, D.A., Judge, Deputies, Warden, etc...) I feel the wife got her just desserts short of and prison beatings.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The story was written like a script, lacking any meaningful insight to the state of mind of the characters.

Coming to the end, however; was a poker move.

Absolutely fantastic.

I'll say this ,

When you do something as shity as lyndia did then have the person who you wronged forgive you, then that person proceeds to give you a job and the ability to get back on your feet...

That is tough to reconcile with your self...

,

The compassion Issac showed Lydia after the sins she comitted; made her feel a insurmountable level of grief, guilt, love, and understanding of what she lost due to her stupidity.

Issac left her in a cyclone of sadness by forgiving her.

That hurts more than any physical retribution.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A really good story, Josh, I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for sharing.

5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

mariverzmariverz8 months ago

Linda fantasía

Schwanze1Schwanze18 months ago

Read again. Still great.

WisquejacWisquejac8 months ago

Liked it. Thanks.

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594198 months ago

Gggrrrrreeeaaatttt job¡¡!!

Tim_the_cajunTim_the_cajun8 months ago

Great story, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Probably author's best story. His being framed, his time in jail, how he got revenge, met Laura, reconciled with his daughter who actually did nothing wrong and could not make contact because of MC stonewalling her and her mother while he was in prison and a corrupt justice system. Lydia was a piece of work. Not clear at all whynshe becomes the Wicked Witch of the West for like 3 years. But meh who cares. Well done. 5 big blazing stars!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Lydia’s sad, alone and full of remorse?

Oh. Anyway…

Five stars!

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA7 months ago

You are becoming the consummate story teller. You used one technique in telling this story that I love. You developed and evolved the characters as you had them live their lives. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Top story. Top writer. Six out of five stars!

JackInYerBoxJackInYerBox7 months ago

A 5* rating from me is rare, but this story earned. Well written and well conceived. One of the best on Lit.

AstordatairAstordatair7 months ago

5 stars!! Thank you for this great story!

FluidswallowerFluidswallower7 months ago

A very powerful, emotional and uplifting tale!! Thanks for an excellent read!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Why the fuck does he dance with the slut at all?

willyk1212willyk12126 months ago

good reed i under stand why they had to dance together tradiution at weddings and all but now its time for his new life and a good one at that write more of theses ill keep readying

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story, Josh, thanks for sharing.

5 stars

AmbivalenceAmbivalence5 months ago

"She desperately needs somewhere to live. The house she now lives in has been foreclosed and she must be out within a fortnight."

.

Is it a coincidence that the place where Tommie lives is being foreclosed on in the same time frame as where Lydia lived (remembering that Tommie 'moved out when she was eighteen')...?

.

Also interesting that Tommie *needs* a place to live when she has a boyfriend who she's pregnant by and who she's going to marry... So where did Julian live that she couldn't live with him?

.

Based on what K2 said to Ramsday about 'taking him apart' if they had to come back, I can't help but wonder if that means much worse than just losing his other testicle...

Also surprised that K2 wasn't a lifer since it would have been the more likely action on the warden's part, i.e. hoping that K2 would be the death of Isaac.

NicealloverNiceallover5 months ago

I love the plot. The dialogue is really well written. The story evolves at a good pace. The description of emotions is precise and interesting. The ending is a well executed and fitting end to the betrayal of a wanton wife. I like that the Lydia is realistic and not an entirely evil. It makes it more appealing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

2 minutes in and I'm like, "ugh one of THESE types of stories". I kept reading only because I was intrigued about the revenge and how they all so easily turned on him. It looks like a simple case of wife hit by the Martian Slut Ray, and cheating slut wife + corrupt sheriff = drama. Kind of maybe sort of plausible I guess but it's on the edge. All in all, nothing I've not read before. Mind you after a while in the LW pool, all the stories start to like kind of the same.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman5 months ago

well, I read it all and the plot is okaay

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

One of the best LW stories I’ve read!!!

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit5 months ago

Well I found this to be a real ""Curate's egg" of a story- very good in parts, but other parts quite indigestible! At times emotive, then lurching over inexplicable gaps, at times incisive, other times vague and ambiguous, as if "composed-by-committee", poorly translated into English, or written over an extended period with no revision, and with the glaring, Cardinal-Sin omission of any final edit!

So a (very) rough diamond struggling to shine through, IMHO!

As is- 2.7 star, potential after a decent edit- 5+ star!.

R.S.

Busman19639Busman196393 months ago

A nice story, at times somewhat unbelievable but it’s your story. It was a good read.

WargamerWargamer3 months ago

Another great story

Scores5/5

BigDee44BigDee44about 1 month ago

When he started driving immediately after leaving prison, I wondered, how could he have a driver’s license already? I really like the story,

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

2nd read. Very well done.

LechemanLecheman19 days ago

Absolutely brilliantly portrayed story.

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

Wow, thanks for this great story!! DerMtMan

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

amazing as always, could be a hallmark movie but and i cant stress that as i find it unfortunate amongst this site besides all the drama in every possible way unless the hero is greatly endowed nothing is well deserving. Alarmingly if he has not a winning size manhood all hell awaits. What is a possible under average sized hero to do? Dark seems his possible future. still 5/5 though

Arinderk75Arinderk759 days ago

An excellent story. A great plot masterly developed and written. I personally think the ex got off too easily. However, mine is NOT to reason why, but to read and enjoy!

mndhanson017mndhanson0175 days ago

At the beginning, it said "his brother" was there when he was getting released, was that a typo? Why weren't they ever mentioned again?? How did Lydia's parents react to the truth?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJoshFrom53@JoshFrom53
Hello everyone I'm retired so I have enough time on my hands. I write to entertain. To entertain my readers and myself and do so with the help of two patient editors. I walk, I write and not necessarily in that order. My stories are written as they come to me. Therefore m...

SIMILAR Stories