All Comments on 'Seven Days Aboard'

by Publius68

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
intim8intim8about 1 year ago

Excellent work, as usual. Not being female, I can't be sure exactly how well you carried off the female viewpoint, but to my eye, she was convincingly a real person and much more than just a male fantasy or a cliche.

Maxwell_EdisonMaxwell_Edisonabout 1 year ago

First up; You write a very readable, enjoyable "longer" story, no worry there. Secondly; I thought you writing from the woman's POV was done well, but I am a male so what the hell do I know about it. As always, I enjoyed the humor you always infuse your stories with so successfully. I liked Daisy also, a bit insecure, but who isn't for the most part, that said, she certainly became more secure as the story developed.

Seahorsey1970Seahorsey1970about 1 year ago

This was a fun story. Thank you

MajorRewriteMajorRewriteabout 1 year ago

5 stars. The only part that seemed a bit “off” was after they had oral sex on the deserted beach. The drama was too manufactured. If you wanted conflict at that point of the story, temptation might have worked smoother. Have her friends offer a 3-way with the captain, or a romp with one of the married swinger couples. She’d refuse, of course, but only after a sweaty seduction scene maybe? Sorry for deconstructing your story. It’s fine the way it is! 😄

keepercoach01keepercoach01about 1 year ago

Really enjoyed this!

jdan526jdan526about 1 year ago

Awsome, 5 stars!

I think it would be cool to get a few one shots of the other girls trip.

TrionyxTrionyxabout 1 year ago

Nicely done. I would have liked to see more info about him and his background, why he moved to Texas, etc. I also expected a bit of a denouement with at least one scene in Texas but these are minor issues. 5* all the way.

fixer43fixer43about 1 year ago

The cruise I went on as a single many, many years ago didn't turn out like this, but I certainly enjoyed the fantasy.

LudvigBlomSELudvigBlomSEabout 1 year ago

I liked it! It was a bit long but then not long enough as one would've liked at least a page of what happened in Texas.

One very positive point is that it was an enclosed story and not shopped up in chapters. Thanks.

Locking forward to more stories from you!

redbaron172redbaron172about 1 year ago

I liked it!!! Both from Daisy's point of view as well as the rest. Very realistic also. I think though there ought to be at least another one or two chapters when they get home. 5 stars all the way!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I would like to see you retell the story from the perspective of each of the other girls. Sophia would be my first choice and you can put it in the Group Sex category.

OmenainenOmenainenabout 1 year ago

Well, I’m sorry to say but contrary to other commentators I found this so male gaze-y that it took some real effort to get past page four. But thank you anyway for participating in my event.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I was concerned about the length of the story holding my interest, and yes there were some long parts. However, over all a nice story that makes one root for both Daisy and Dale.

lexlogan8lexlogan8about 1 year ago

Loved it, and what was that nonsense about not much sex?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Would worry about the perspective… thought it was a fun story and would like to see what happens next between Daisy and Dale now she has discovered her exhibitionist streak…as others have said the adventures of the other three girls could be a another thread

1001226110012261about 1 year ago

Fantastic Story! Would read again!

KurichanKurichanabout 1 year ago

Nicely done and congrats to Daisy and Dale!

ActingupActingupabout 1 year ago

Nice effort! The only bit that made me squirm was the beach - there’s no way that sand in bad spots wouldn’t have been an issue!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well done, it was quite a fun story. Although I'm a bit intrigued about learning of the same 7 day vacation from the POV of the other 3 girls. Especially Sophie!!!

SweboSweboabout 1 year ago

Nicely done. The long set up establishing Daisy's control tendencies made her unexpected exhibitionism really pay off. My only quibble concerned how underdeveloped Dale was, though I get how he needed to be mysterious in order to maintain narrative tension long enough to make it all work. So, more of a quiblet than a full quibble. Overall, an enjoyable romp.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sorry, I couldn’t get thru it. The deceit of her friends early on to try and get her on board with their agenda did me in.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

15 pages of trash, not even romance!!

Just skipped right to a pathetic end!!

2 stars seems 2 much

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

It read like a man's idea of how a woman would think, rather than how a woman would really think. However, you deserve much credit for trying. I think there are very few men capable of writing from a women's perspective, even if they think they can. Thanks for trying.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Seven Days Abroad is the author's longest story, and the most romantic. It is not the length of this story that is disappointing but other things. Writing a romance story from the female perspective is fine, but it is not as effective with as many characters as in this story. The love scenes in the story are not as well done as in the author's other stories, but more important, the grammar in the story is not very good. The following line is one example from Seven Days Abroad: "I had had to choose the bra carefully to find one that barely there enough to not show up in the wide and deep cleavage the dress revealed." Presumably, this means something like "I had to choose a bra carefully, to find one that would not show when wearing the dress, because of the wide and deep cleavage that the dress revealed." For those who are looking for a good romantic story in a setting at sea, readers will have to look elsewhere.

LacastrianLacastrian7 months ago

Wrong category.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPublius68@Publius68
4-4-2024 I have now released Chapter Four of Sylvan Courtyard. It seems well received. Thank you all. The series set up for it seems gorked, as it has been stuck in moderation hell since the start. Sorry! ————— 3-23-2024 Chapter Two of my new series, Sylvan Courtyard, is now p...