All Comments on 'Seven Year Itch'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Remarkably stupid wife.

" And I have half a mind to smack you, you jackass!"

"And I deserve it."

Uhhm, no stupid, he doesn't. Not when you take 2 hours to say that defending a cheater was "just a joke." If it's "just a joke," you say that immediately afterwards.

Otherwise, you invite suspicion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Short and sweet...

...good story. 5 stars. Thanx!

Loklie

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 5 years ago
Very nice

A tip of the hat to the general goodness in human character. Thanks

Tiger27Tiger27about 5 years ago

"Maybe he deserved it? Maybe she just needed a little excitement and he should have understood?"

Maybe Barbara should have engaged brain before opening mouth.

boatbummboatbummabout 5 years ago
"Maybe he deserved it?"

Why? Because the friend was oblivious to his wife's cheating? There seems to be more to Barbara's comment than "just kidding" would explain....

In spite of the new Tesla (who drops something like that on their office manager anyway?) and her over-the-top affirmations of love for Jerry ("you foolish, foolish boy!" and so on), something about this wife just doesn't ring true....

DogFuzzDogFuzzabout 5 years ago
Yes, you misleading jokester

Okay, I admit it, you fooled me. That is not often done. Thanks for throwing a hook out there.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 5 years ago
I liked it.

There was some honest insecurity and doubt brought about by recent events close to home and his lovely wife's casual remark.

Very nice!

Crusader235Crusader235about 5 years ago
Devious

Why that devious wench, hubby gets a new car, and she gets to fuck who ever she wants at the office. 4+ Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
LOOK OUT

The pit that is known as LW (loving wives, hahaha) is starting to spill over. The doomsday sayers are starting to invade other topics now. So many people get their PANTIES in a damn wad it seems anymore. Maybe if you clowns showed this much passion about your women folk you would not have to worry so much because they most likely would be devoted to you. (Please ignore me though, as long as you act stupid I will always have loving wives to fuck. LOOOOOOL)

tazz317tazz317about 5 years ago
NO MATTER A LW TALE

you have Lawyers involved, the smoke rises in a tell tale plume, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
?

Why was there never an explanation for what she said??? Just kidding doesn't cut it...

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
I call bullshit

Doesn’t add up. Smells like rotting fish

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Actually

This quite funny.

A little send up on what constitutes a "loving wife" on this site.

A bit sad when a wife that loves her man is the exception to the rule.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Pretty good story

And while you may have posted this story in Romance, it felt like a loving wives story in which the wife was fucking around behind his back and using the car to put him off the scent. I guess we're just too jaded here to accept happy. Nicely played. I didn't believe it for an instant!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
That sentiment

"Maybe she just needed a little excitement and he should have understood?"

That didn't come from nowhere.

Better keep your eyes pealed Jerry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Something is off

I think he has been duped. She is cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
can't prove it

She can't prove she hasn't cheated and her remark still rings in his ear. Now he can wonder if the car was a payoff for sex and to get him off course. So instead of a slut wife he now has a whore?

calflashcalflashabout 4 years ago
Good sentiment

But who gives a secretary an expensive car in appreciation for their efforts? I suspect there were other reasons to thank her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Cool story. But Teslas dont have keys. They have a phone app.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
odd

I wonder what she was doing that earned such a reward?

I somehow dont think this would reassure most guys, if anything it would send up even more concerns.

Artie88Artie88almost 4 years ago
Manipulative Bitch!

So, she buys him off... IDIOT

If she knew he would be hurt by her statement, why did she intentionally hurt him?

Part two needs to be added where the truth wins out.

Romance??? BUMPF

FirstBorn374FirstBorn374over 3 years ago
I don't get it!

This was a wonderful little yarn about a faithful wife, and half the comments are pissed off, thinking she was really a cheat. Jeepers, there can't be that many assholes out there.

Thanks for a nice story, but it belonged in Loving Wives. This was a real loving wife.

Gave it a five of course.

Jedd Clampett Carvohi

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Fooled me on this one. I just don't trust anyone completely, even if I love them, because people are not perfect as much as they may try to be.

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 3 years ago
lol

firstborn u forget this is a porn website. actually one of the problems with that no matter how classy they make a character. the character talks like a porn addict lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
not what I expected

Being in romance I had expected that he hires a PI who does a great deal of investigation to somehow come back with evidence that she is truly a loving and loyal wife. I didn't expect her to disappear with a divorced guy that she spends a lot of time with to only then show him a car they bought for him because of her work. Just more suspicious behavior.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yes

Cute. Nice story 5*s.

racfguyracfguyover 3 years ago
. . . and the next morning . . .

he took the car and traded it for a bright red F-150!

LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

love the comment about trading in the car. When she asks why he can say he didn't want her whore money and a truck is better suited for moving his shit out. I know in some companies they give huge cash money and they also get a reserved parking spot. But the executive gets to buy the car of their choice. No non executive gets that perk. And she did did not really explain herself nor did her get any kind of payback etc. He can or should make his own remarks to her and get her on edge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Umm, did she explain what she meant by "he deserved it"? What did she mean by that? What did he deserve a cheating slut wife or his misery over their divorce?

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star for not making it a LW story.

BUT - we all know that she actually paid for this present by being the corporate whore.

That will be the PART 2 of this story.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Wow… such a very good, feel good story. When you wrote that she worked in a law firm; my suspicions (like Jerry’s) were peaked. Very glad it was just a good story about a good loving couple. Very enjoyable to read. Well written. Thank-you for your writing talent

Omart57Omart57over 2 years ago

Absolutely loved this one, J-W!

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 2 years ago

George Collins, the flirty new guy, is a loose end. What was up with him?

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 years ago

"Too many stories of betrayal can poison the mind" - so true, thanks for the reminder.

AbctoyAbctoyalmost 2 years ago

It is were it belongs. A loving Wife story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What gives with some people, they see a slut around every corner? Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar!

Thank you for the tale.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So why was the bitch so friendly with Gordon!! She was the corporate whore and Jerry the CUCK

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

You fooled me in a good way !

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

I am sorry but he had every right to be worried and concerned. His wife blamed an innocent betrayed man for the loss of his marriage and basically justified the betrayal as needed excitement. That isn't just stated out of hand.

There is no getting past that plot development with a new car.

lflyer82lflyer82over 1 year ago

Thank you for this message. It’s a gift for all the loving wife readers like me who get lost in these stories. Sometimes they are so well written that it’s hard to separate fact from fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Totally in agreement with AngelRider, that the husband's correct in thinking that, by his wife's talk weeks prior, she's either planning on cheating, or is cheating. Her blaming the friend's husband without sufficient reason is in itsself reason enough. Otherwise, I found some missing from the story- mostly the back & forth talking & some extra depth in the story. Still, it's good that she wasn't, in fact, even thinking of betraying her husband. However, I can only give this 3 stars. Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ah, you got me. Yeah, I like a good surprise now and then. *****.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The story WAS a surprise, but... thanking her for all her hard work... then her husband for coping with her late nights, by buying a new expensive Tesla? Seriously? What else was she doing late at night that she's not talking about? Some time before, she mentioned her friend needed some excitement & her husband should understand. Remembering this, Jerry thought Barbara's cheating. Between everything, I'm not sure he's wrong, at least emotionally if not outright having sex. 3stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A sweet story HOWEVER, no one but an insensitive fools would utter Barbara's comment as a joke in counterpoint to a viscious act of betrayal defacto blaming the husband.

This was a VERY poor vehicle to launch an otherwise good story.

4 star, but would have been 5

AngelRiderAngelRider10 months ago

That comment would need to be addressed regardless of the car. It's creates way too much doubt.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The comment didn't fit the story. I don't know about other men, but if my wife makes a comment like that, it's over. I don't care if she hasn't done anything, that type of comment is a seed of destruction and it provides an insight into the mindset of a person.

Just_WordsJust_Words10 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous - Yes, I failed at this one. I tried, but once it's written I'm too close to see if it will work.

Calico75Calico758 months ago

What about that comment?

Just_WordsJust_Words8 months agoAuthor

@Calico75 - As the writer, I may have stepped over the line on that comment. My thinking was that the wife was a bit more detached and was wondering out loud if there wasn't a better solution. We tend to regret what we say at times like that.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Everything good except a POS car that basically runs on coal and destroys the environment.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A lot has been said about the comment so I won't go any further with that but what about her getting too cosy with her smarmy co worker on the dance floor? It was presumably meant by the author to be a red herring but it was never tied up. One moment Mr Smarm is all over Barbara, the next he has simply vanished into thin air.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The problem is, if you love someone, one does not make light of things like she made. It sounded out of character for her and that is what's got him wondering. As to the party, every time each of them danced wit a different person they both should have been asked each time, they were asked to dance with another person. Open and honest. It is 'bad form' to dance with the same person too often and she should have been aware of this.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The last anon got it right. Her comment seemed out of character because it WAS out of character. After prying the story about his friends cheating wife out of him, it was unseemly. So she should have been more clear about the humor in a still young marriage. And he could have been more upfront about his disquiet to get her undivided attention. That is how marriages dissolve. Older couples can and do joke about this stuff, but then again, that state of dating and mating is usually past for them and its about a loving companionship. Sex may slow down but romance never really ends in a strong marriage. It has to be nurtured and her working long hours and acting like that fed his paranoia. That is the flipside of romance. This fictional wife was doing the same thing many successful husbands do, and he would probably have traded at least some of her income or even her shiny new Tesla gift for more of that precious romance. I did that very thing 13 years into my marriage until my wife read me the riot act and threatened to leave me because she could 'still have suitors', and she could have too. As the Anon said, "Open and honest".

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Yes it was a good change and she is a true Loving Wife. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Still suspicious of her comment. I was was/am waiting for the shoe to drop. What was she doing that made her so valuable to the firm?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Great story. She said it was a joke, people. Probably was poor timing but it should send their marriage into a death spiral of distrust. Sometimes spouses really are working late. However, she should have followed up her comment that it was a joke with some reassurance that what Anita did was wrong and hurtful and she isn't built that way. Meanwhile the husband just stewed for a long time and internalized everything. If he is that upset then get a recording device or hack her phone. It is an invasion of privacy but honestly doing nothing was hurting their marriage more. Laughing at some of the commenters who are still unbelieving and suspect something more sinister going on. Wtf? It is under Romance and the author clearly stated it was above board. It is the author's story. It is fiction. If you put your own doubts and paranoia into it then that is on you and go back and write your own story. 4 stars since a bit too short for my taste.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
1757 Followers
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...

story TAGS