All Comments on 'Seven Years Since The Motel Ch. 07'

by LettersFromTatyana

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
GimletEdgeGimletEdgeover 12 years ago
You did it! Hurray!

No, I don't mean that you finally finished it, though there is that, too.

I mean that I didn't think anyone could make the reconciliation seen work. It seemed so blindingly obvious that Alessandro's words had been the cause of the misunderstanding. I feared that the reconciliation inevitably would be facile: "Duh, I really said that?" But it wasn't like that at all. A big part of why it worked so well was the misunderstanding about Alessandro's being Maisie's ride home. That was inspired. It allowed Maisie to share in the blame. Once that worked out so well, it was easy to accept that the immediate past misunderstanding was reasonable, too.

So, kudos on a great story and especially on being able to bring it all home so well.

Brava!

PS: I loved the repartee. Not a lot of writers who can pull that off so seamlessly.

estragonestragonover 12 years ago
It was an Honor

to play on the first team. This was a great series, and well worth the wait. Brilliant work, Tatyana. Yay team!

lawrenclawrencover 12 years ago
Goosd story

hile there was a lot of paind during the story, it ended in a very satisfactory manner.

JensensloverJensensloverover 12 years ago

It might have taken you a year, but it was well worth the wait for this ending, thank you for a wonderful story.

laughnowcrylaterlaughnowcrylaterover 12 years ago
damn!!

I can't believe a year has passed since you first posted on this story, it does't even feel that long. Great ending and well written. It was worth the wait. 5 stars :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Worth The Wait

It is a rare story that holds the reader's interest with solid consistent writing. It is a much rarer story that depicts such a calamity of miscommunication with emotions and passion that ring true. It was no chore to go back and read the first six chapters to properly prepare for this the seventh and final!

drbob80drbob80over 12 years ago
A wonderful romance

I loved this tale of misunderstanding and true romance and love. It was very well crafted and the writing was superb. These are the stories that I crave when I log onto literotica, but am all too frequently disappointed. Please continue, I beg of you.

JoKeR_JcKJoKeR_JcKabout 12 years ago
I still can't make anything out of it

May be I am too dumb or I was over expecting.

I can't believe I spent so much time on this story.

Seriously man, the people who had commented on this one are really satisfied with the outcome of the story. Be honest and ask this Q to yourself. Is this what your conscience tells you ??

Nah......it's something drawn along the line of fantasy and stupidity.

I really appreciate the efforts of the writer but as a reader I expect her to write more realistic without loosing the touch to reality and more creativity.

Materialistic things don't matter in life of people who really love each other , and yes this is true if they are honest and open to each other.

In short.............it was most STUPID story I had read in recent time.

They wasted so called 7 years, writer wasted around may be 7 months and I wasted may be somewhat 7 hours reading this idiotic story.

Writer / Reader-- please read IMPERSONATING BRIANNE / SEVEN DAYS or stories written by MugsB. May be then you wil understand my point.

I am sorry.............but I am honest with my opinion.

Very best for the next time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Lovely story

I really enjoyed the gentle pace of the story. I love the build up and anticipation in a good romance... Anticipating when the couple will get over the misunderstanding, settle their differences and get together. I suspect that the reader that left a critical review is an online troll. Take no heed.

ByronBrandtByronBrandtover 11 years ago
Very enjoyable read

Misunderstandings, constantly rotten plans, best-friendships gone sour, years of resentment, and in the end, true love.

You've written this story extremely well, playing with emotions and hinting at them being soul mates.

Nice to see that Maisie still had her slightly twisted sense of humour, too!

All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable read, and had me on the edge of my seat several times to boot.

pvcleavepvcleaveover 11 years ago
I don't like misunderstanding

I like the story, but I am not a fan of stories where there is a huge misunderstanding that would have been cleared up if they just talked. Each side seemed really stupid. I cannot believe Alexandro could not figure out what he said wrong. I new from almost the very beginning what the problem was.

EuphoriaSlam69EuphoriaSlam69almost 10 years ago
Oh my Gosh! The exquisiteness!!!

Just when I think I'll no longer find any rare gems here - I encounter this series! Magnificent! Please give us more of your excellence! Thank you very much xo

Her_ToyboyHer_Toyboyover 8 years ago
a mixed bag

I have two complaints about important plot points: the type of misunderstanding you've created as the central mystery makes your characters seem less intelligent than one might wish. I realise that perfectly rational people are capable of idiotic behaviour, but it was a bit disappointing to discover that the pivotal point of contention seemed contrived and should've been easily resolved. If they were truly as wounded by the incident as was described, one or the other would've said or asked something.

The other criticism concerns the ending. I know how difficult it is to pull off the dénouement of a lengthy tale. The resolution struck me as somewhat facile. I can't honestly say how I would've handled the problem differently. I suspect a few of my own endings may have struck some readers the same way. It's a damnably tricky thing to pull off a happy ending without it seeming pat.

If it sounds as if I'm dumping on all your hard work, let me correct that impression. You kept me reading—at times nearly against my will—through 7 beautifully written chapters. You gave me an interesting set of characters, a compelling story with a distinctive, fully realised setting, great dialogue and beautifully crafted prose. I thank you for the gift of your work and applaud your skill and talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Absolutely Wonderful Story

A couple things to set the stage for my comments:

1. I am a recent convert of literotica/romance (a couple years) and I have not read all there is on this site.

2. I was able to read this story in its entirety and not have to wait a year while its was being written (took over 11 hours of reading to thoroughly digest and internalize its impacts on me).

3. I was able to read all the earlier comments without having to struggle writing my own.

4. My comments are for the complete Seven Years Since The Motel.

First, this is THE BEST that I have read to date. Some come close or approach equality with is one, but I truly loved this story.

Second, while I also felt, understand, some of the other comments' nit picks, I too have tried to create character/plot changes and alternate endings for other stories. Damned difficult! Taken as is, this story, in its entirety, is GREAT - my favorite.

My Sincere Thank You for this story!!!!!!!

mikesch_236mikesch_236over 6 years ago
Very good storyline

Loved all of it - all 7 chapters. I wish you'd kept on writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
7th Year Reading Story!

I've re-read 7 Years for the past 7 years. Time for something new or editing your profile to include information about new books...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I didn't give all your chapters

5 stars because I was so caught up in reading about these two characters I didn't take time to. My fault.

Thank you.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 2 years ago

It was a good story but it rambled on for 3 parts to much. This story is one that tests you ability to paragraph SKIM to keep a flow going, just too much blah, blah, blah never getting to the point.

\

4****, Hooyah, just too damn much minutia

seafarer20seafarer20over 1 year ago

Extremely disappointing final two chapters of this childish arguing 'he said, she said.....' The story deserved a more sophisticated conclusion, rather than this trivial misunderstanding that two adults could easily resolve years ago. Shame.

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

cinque stelle. grazie!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yes, the misunderstanding was a little much, but it’s still a very sweet story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous