Sex and Candy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's okay, Candy. I love you too."

***********

"Okay, you see that gray van up there? Turn right there." I looked at Jacob again, he was so calm, relaxed, and in total control behind the wheel. I was just the opposite. My stomach was twisted in knots. I had no idea how this was going to go.

"Go ahead and pull into this parking lot, it's the third apartment building. I think... yeah, I see a spot open right there," I said, pointing at the little gap in the line of cars. This was her new address that she gave me this morning when I said I wanted to stop by, it was the building next to where Josh used to live.

I had tried to stay in touch with Candy over the last year, but it always felt so awkward. We were both avoiding talking about Josh. I was grateful that she wasn't gloating about their newfound happiness, and I think she was glad that I wasn't reminding her that he used to be mine. Extending from that unspoken agreement, I hadn't mentioned anything about Jacob. I just mentioned once that I wasn't single anymore, and left the details out.

I was grateful that she invited me to come visit, but also wary of how my news would be taken.

Jacob put the car in park and turned down the radio, but didn't turn off the engine.

"Well, last chance. Are you sure you don't want me to come in with you?"

I bit my lip as I felt my stomach flip again. Our original plan was for me to spend the day with Candy, let the news trickle out a little. I would find out if she was still with Josh or if I should continue to avoid the subject. Then, I could introduce Jacob to her tomorrow. That was my plan, but I wasn't sure about it right now.

"Actually... would you mind waiting here for a couple minutes?" I waved my cell phone at him. "I'll talk to Candy first, then I'll let you know."

He nodded, turning off the engine and leaning in for a kiss. I returned it gratefully.

With a deep breath to gather my courage, I got out of the car and went inside. Her apartment number is 3C, so I had to go up two flights of stairs and head to the back.

I noticed my nerves had calmed a bit, and right now I was just excited to see Candy again. Putting a smile on my face, I knocked on the door. I stepped back and clasped my hands, suddenly feeling my ring. It would have been deceptive and disrespectful to take it off, but I still wasn't quite ready, so I stuffed my left hand in my pocket.

The door swung wide open. "Hey! Come on in, Sherry!"

I blinked. "Josh? Uh, I didn't know you would be here."

"Well, I live here." He shrugged and gave me his confident smile. "If that's going to be a problem, I could make myself scarce for a while."

I blinked again, trying to rapidly parse this information. Suddenly, I remembered my own piece of news.

"I, uh, brought a friend with me. Would that be okay with you two?"

Candy's face peeked around the corner, from where I presume their kitchen is. "I don't mind if you don't, Josh! I'm making extra for dinner anyway." She vanished again.

Josh's smile never wavered. "I don't mind either. More the merrier, right?"

"Okay! I'll be right back."

Rather than call him on my phone, I decided I needed the extra time to regain my composure and plan out how this was going to go. I took my time going back down the stairs to the door.

They were living together. But Candy hadn't moved in with him, this was a new apartment. They'd both moved. This was a bit of a puzzle.

I tried waving at Jacob from the doorway, but he was too focused watching something on his phone and didn't look up. I got his attention with a text message.

Sherry: Hey, are you going to stay in the car all day? [17:08]

His head popped up and he was out of the car and at my side in seconds.

The door to their apartment was propped open, so I took it as permission to go in. When I shut the door behind us, Josh came around the corner, holding two beers and a bottle of Coke. "Take your pick," he said, holding them out to us.

He already knew my preference - big surprise. I took the bottle and Jacob took one of the cans. I heard water running in the kitchen sink.

"We have more soda if you want that instead. We got a six pack for Sherry."

"No, thank you, this is perfect." Jacob was a gentleman, as always.

The two guys opened their cans in unison and took the first drink. I was getting uncomfortable again, wanting to make proper introductions, but not without Candy. I could tell she was busy working on something, and I was considering going back there to help.

Before I could worry, she joined us, drying her hands on a kitchen towel.

"Okay, sorry for making you wait!" Candy was quite cheerful. She leaned over and gave Josh a quick peck on the lips. "Would you introduce us to your... friend?" She was giving me a playful smirk.

I realized too late that I was holding the bottle with my left hand. She was obviously observant enough to see my engagement ring, but Josh was oblivious.

"Okay, so... Josh, Candy, I want you to meet Jacob... my fiancé." Josh hid his surprise well, only blinking briefly and not letting his smile slip at all. They both each offered their hands to Jacob to shake. "And, Jacob, this is my old roommate, Candy, and Josh, her boyfriend."

Josh and Candy both snickered.

As she moved the towel to her other hand, I saw her ring. "Fiancé!" She said with a wink.