All Comments on 'Sex and the Ex-Wife's Sister'

by Androgynousother

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
tvlg71343tvlg71343over 3 years ago

The friends reference made my day.

5 all the way

Shortiemick88Shortiemick88over 3 years ago
I agree!

What a thoroughly excellent story!

Interesting tale that was a real electronic page turner. Made me want to find out what happened to the hero and his lover. Was wondering how the author would manage the Ex-wife becomes new sister in law bit and they came up with a well written, sensible and believable reintroduction of her at the end, 5 stars well earned.

AZTT2AZTT2over 3 years ago

Excellent story

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

It was a great story and I'm glad it all worked out for him and Cassandra.

The only disappointing part was Rachel marrying a millionaire and having a big happy family with her adoring new husband. She treated Tom like shit when she cheated on him and blanking him at the funeral was spiteful. Not only that, but she betrayed her twin sister in the worst way possible... It was a real shame her appalling behaviour was ultimately rewarded.

Rachel miscarried twice already, so she's not going to suddenly turn into a fertility goddess. You went overboard giving her a happy ending that she never deserved.

sparktjsparktjover 3 years ago

A thoroughly enjoyable read. Highly authentic and with just enough sexual content to hold my interest. If I were to be picky, some of the typos could have been corrected but they didn’t detract from my enjoyment and your writing is well above so much of the dross on this site. Thanks for crafting such a substantial piece.

Connar1Connar1over 3 years ago
Another great story!

I quite like Rachel's eventual reconciliation and come-back as well.

I detect another of Androgynousother's spin's to get us into a bit-part player's head, perhaps even drag out some tiny amount of sympathy for those people that do actually make these stupid mistakes. Over the years I've known two friends, perfectly rational people do just that and throw everything away for an infatuation and lived to regret it.

I also liked the 'Friends' and 'TBBT' refences - 5* from me too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Amazing

Amazing love story, it is .

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 3 years ago

She was going to break up and removed the IUD beforehand? This stumped me and was losing my grip on any nice thoughts for any character in the story.

I think he was better off away from both crazy bitches. Hope he ran as far and as fast as he could away from the twins from hell.

argeelogargeelogabout 3 years ago

I agree with Powersworder.

hectarehectareabout 3 years ago

Not that it matters but found it curious Tom would wait so long to marry Cassie? Did I miss something.

Otherwise, one of my favorite authors.

barcomberbarcomberalmost 3 years ago

Very enjoyable 5*

Just in passing, this is the second of your stories! I have read where a Land Rover Discovery turns into a Range Rover. Clever trick I never learned during my working life at Land Rover.

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 3 years ago

I agree with Powersworder. Didn't care for Rachel's happy ending at all, she was a very disgusting person. I did like the story overall though, love happy endings where deserved.

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Well with all the drama and interaction between Cassie and Tom it ended well with their happily ever after. 5 stars.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Great love story....perfect pacing and logical train. Must admit though my dissatisfaction the happily ever after for Rachael while I appreciate the author's need to stress forgiveness....Rachael's cold hearted ambush betrayal of her husband is just too cold to include her in the happy ever after ending. She gets off basically scott free...and that is just wrong.

But other than that...great job!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

@servant111: I'd not say Rachel 'got off scot free', as you put it. Martin screwed her over just as he'd done to Cassie, so if you're looking for karmic retribution, her heartbreak over Martin would be the punishment for Tom's heartbreak over her. I don't think that sort of "justice" is always necessary (in life or in literature), but it's there if you want it. Also, Rachel's relationship with Josh was probably necessary for her reconciliation with Cassie (avoids issues of Cassie thinking Rachel wants Tom back, regardless of whether or not that's true), which was necessary for Cassie to be fully happy, and you certainly can't argue that Cassie wasn't 'deserving'. It isn't just about forgiveness, it's about healing. Also, to address @Powersworder and @muskyboy's thoughts, is it not possible that Rachel underwent some personal growth after Martin and became a "better" person? Or is it possible that she was a "good" person all along, but the difficulties she and Tom have conceiving a child screwed with her head and caused her to do something that she would not have done if she hadn't had that emotional trauma? I've never had to deal with it, but I hear that fertility issues can be extremely stressful, even to the extent of breaking up what would otherwise have been solid and healthy relationships. In the end, we don't know enough about Rachel's side of the story to determine whether or not she's "worthy" of a happy ending. (All this, of course, relies on the notion there being "good" and "bad" people and that only the former "deserve" happiness, which is itself a questionable assertion.)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

@hectare: Good question. I didn't see any reason for that either, but I'm not British, so I might have missed something.

gnomelandergnomelanderalmost 2 years ago

I do love Andro's stories, warts and all, and I don't feel the need for vicarious revenge on Rachel in this one! However, I do get a bit bored with endless stories where the bloke has a ten inch cock with the girth of a baseball bat and superior talents for using it to create the supine adoration of his partner. It's not just Andro, it happens in so many stories. Just remember guys that not all girls have vaginas the size of Blackwall Tunnel, and those who don't (the majority) can find huge cocks very uncomfortable. Also we girls are capable of exercising 'skills' in this department, or haven't any of you experienced it? Perhaps you thought it just came naturally to us!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The late Patrick O'Brien could get away with writing these long, flowing, complex, obtuse sentences. He dealt in prosaic poetry. You can't, because your subject matter doesn't lend itself to archaic, arcane writing. He painted with long flowing phrases; you hand wallpaper. Many times the flow of your action or even an interesting dialogue dies in the icy throes of one of these run-on monstrosities. Your storytelling is magnificent. The delivery needs work. To wit: edit aggressively; rewrite with purpose.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good tale, even better as it's written in English, as opposed to American, well done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAndrogynousother@Androgynousother
Let's not kid ourselves, I write long stories with happy endings - whatever section they're uploaded to, and my characters tend to drink tea and eat bacon and egg sandwiches, might as well tell you now. If you don't like my characters or what they do, please remember they are...

SIMILAR Stories