Sex in Tahiti: Cook Voyage Journal

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alone in the moonlight, she led me into the cool river and helped me scrub away the stubborn, inky designs which covered my body. As her fingers worked against my stomach then down to my groin, I was stiff again. She gripped my cock and stroked it to full extension before wrapping her legs around my waist, clinging to my neck. I pushed into her, and she squeezed me tighter.

It will be hard for me to forget the thrill of having this beautiful, willing woman for my own that night, up to our waists in cool water. She moved against me happily as I thrust into her private place. I could have continued forever if my manhood had endured that long. She just laughed, then simply squatted to rinse my exertions away.

Afterward, we returned to her home where she crawled onto the mat with her husband as if no indiscretion had ever occurred. Such is life in Tahiti. I returned to my tent and slept blissfully, exhausted by the activities of the night.

YOU MUST NOT DIVULGE THIS SECRET!

Trusting in you,

Joseph Banks"

****

Consequences

Contact between European explorers and Indigenous cultures around the world had many negative impacts. Invariably, local populations were decimated by previously unknown illnesses and diseases to which they had no natural immunity. Smallpox, typhoid, influenza, even the common cold wiped out vast numbers of people. Tahiti was no exception, and island life was changed forever. The same thing happened in most regions touched by European cultures.

The explorers were usually followed by the missionaries, eager to claim souls. Their impact on local cultures was tremendous everywhere they worked. Christianity reached Tahiti within a generation of Cook's time there and quickly set about converting the islanders. Women soon wore modest cloth skirts and dresses, while their long hair was cropped short. Only marital sex was deemed appropriate. Traditional feasts and dances were forbidden. An ancient culture was changed almost overnight.

The impact on Cook's sailors was significant too. Promiscuous sex in the Pacific, particularly on Tahiti, left half of the men- yes, fifty percent of the Endeavour crew- infected with venereal disease. Some of them were totally incapable of continuing their duties on the ship. They had taken advantage of cultural practices which highlighted hospitality in the form of 'no-strings' sexual relations. While Captain Cook forbade such activity with the local women, he knew it was impossible to enforce.

After Tahiti, Cook's voyage continued to New Zealand, where contact was made with cannibalistic Maori head-hunters. This was a much more assertive culture than the Tahitians, and care had to be taken in approaching the women. Joseph Banks complained in his journal that the Maori women could be as coquettish and appealing as English girls, but they did not make themselves readily available for sex, like the Tahitians.

Banks became extremely popular in London's social whirl for a time after his suggestive journals were printed and widely sold. He was presented to King George. He appeared in the royal court. He was feted at numerous grand parties and balls. No doubt this led to frequent sexual conquests with his many English female admirers. However, Banks' performances with island women were never to be repeated.

It was his own fault. The acclaimed botanist fell victim to his popularity, and his ego swelled to epic proportion. When Captain Cook was chosen to lead a second Pacific voyage, Joseph Banks signed on again. However, this time he insisted on bringing an entourage of sixteen hangers-on, friends who included two men identified only as "horn players." By using his expanding social connections, he required that the ship be significantly altered to better accommodate his group.

In this regard, a 'landlubber' scientist completely over-rode the wishes of Captain Cook. In Banks' mind, it was his own expedition! The result was a completely unseaworthy vessel, quickly drydocked so that all of Banks' modifications could be torn out.

Apparently, he threw a temper tantrum right on the dock when he saw what had been done, and ordered all his people off the ship. By then, the British Admiralty had had enough of Joseph Banks and removed him from his position. He would not sail to the South Pacific again.

After his journey with Captain Cook, things went downhill for Banks the explorer. There were no more island women wearing grass skirts and shell necklaces. There were no beautiful girls offering their bodies in exchange for a few iron nails or other little friendship gifts, like the pieces of cloth Banks used on Tahiti.

Dumped from Cook's second South Seas sailing, Joseph Banks cobbled together his own scientific jaunt- a voyage to Iceland. The Vikings had settled the island seven centuries earlier, so European ships were certainly no novelty there. Their crews wouldn't be received almost like gods from afar. Of course, female clothing in Iceland would have been much less revealing than Tahiti, to protect delicate flesh against frostbite.

Poor Banks. Now he was left with his Tahitian journal and his memories of three months in a sexual wonderland. However, there was some consolation. He was knighted- Sir Joseph Banks- and became President of the esteemed Royal Society. He became 'important.'

Would he have achieved such recognition if detailed letters like those created here ever came to light? Would he be toasted and honoured in England's Christian society if people knew he'd indulged in group sex and pounded other men's wives? Or, would they have read between the lines of his published journal anyway, and surmised what he had done in Tahiti? After all, such behaviour was fairly common in high society.

An interesting question is whether or not Joseph Banks would have actually done the things described in my letters. Just ask yourself the following. Given the chance, would a privileged young man of twenty-five have sex with pair of willing nude women in his tent? Would an adventuresome fellow many thousand kilometres from home shag a naked friend in her canoe after she had insisted on taking his clothes? Of course he would!

And that's not all. Would Banks and Solander have shared the three naked girls who came to their tent, consenting to stay with the men overnight? Most definitely! Finally, how could Banks resist enjoying sex again with his woman friend as she rubbed him down after a night of wild revelry? I think it all happened pretty much as I've written it in the private letters.

Perhaps it is best that these fictional letters remain our dirty little secret.

We wouldn't want to sully the sterling reputation of Sir Joseph Banks.

I hope you've enjoyed this mix of fact and fiction. This section of Literotica hasn't many readers, so please take a moment to rate it or leave a comment. Thanks.

12