All Comments on 'Sexual Harassment'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wrong decade

I don't think sexual harassment was even a concept back in the 60s, though maybe among a few feminists. I don't think it became an issue until at least the 80s. Just leave it as inappropriate behaviour and it wouldn't trigger any anachronism reflexes.

That said, I enjoyed the story - and the idea that all 25 girls would want to kiss him.

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 4 years ago

Ogg,Ogg,Ogg

"Sit down, please, Graham," he said. "You might need to be sitting."

"Yet despite that you have still worked very hard, Geoff, which leads me into to the second piece of news."

"One more thing, Geoff."

It was a letter from the senior manager who had initiated the complaint against me. It started 'Dear Graham'. That in itself was a surprise. Such a senior manager would normally address a letter to me as 'Dear Mr surname'.

Was it Graham or Geoff?

Still five stars just because.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Mid-70's would work better for most companies

Actually, UK legislation on racial discrimination came in 1970 and Sexual Discrimination came into effect in 1975 but there were a few companies and situations who led or possibly simply 'paved' the way. The sewing machinists walk out for equal pay at the Ford plant in Dagenham in 1968 probably most famous.

We still had large Data entry pools in the mid 70's but these started to be broken down into smaller units in the late 70's and were mostly gone by the mid 80's with the introduction of desktop computers.

So not too far out datewise and I give 4*s as a fair story.

oggbashanoggbashanabout 4 years agoAuthor

During the 1960s, some organisations, particularly the UK's civil service, had rules about sexual behaviour at work that predated legislation. If for example, you started dating someone in the same office, even if nothing happened AT work, you or she could be moved to another office. If one of you was the supervisor for the other - the supervisor could be reprimanded and possibly get other penalties as well.

dani_lrlmdani_lrlmabout 4 years ago
OK

I am still waiting for the shoe to drop

slightly to good to be true

KumquatqueenKumquatqueenabout 4 years ago

Excellent satire of the Civil Service!

We still had a few all-female typing pools when I joined in the late Nineties. And the concept of serving time before getting put forward for promotion boards. By then it was ahead of its time for banning discrimination on grounds of sexuality and also 'sexual life', so you couldn't be fired for being polyamorous or, more usually, having an affair.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Not quite sure I understand this story

It was clearly written. It seemed to be all about sexual harrassement in the work place. But in the mid 60's sexual harrassement was nothing. Unheard of. If a woman complained it was more likely she would be fired than to have any kind of hearing. Then you talked about his promotion, some overtime and the planning for their wedding. Mostly it was a narrative. Which didn't really make for an interesting or entertaining story. At the end I thought to myself "so what?" There was certainly nothing romantic about it. Maybe Non-erotic? Strange stuff.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...

SIMILAR Stories